ABC’s Hostin: Maxine Waters Is a ‘Symbol of Decorum’ — Would Mnuchin Treat a Man the Same Way?

Wednesday on ABC’s “The View,” co-host and network legal analyst Sunny Hostin wondered if Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin would have treated a male chairman the same as he did House Financial Services Committee chairwoman Rep. Maxine Waters (D-CA) during their heated exchange a day earlier.

After playing a clip from yesterdays hearing, co-host Joy Behar said, “Don’t screw around with Auntie Maxine is that the moral of the story here?”

ostin said, “I don’t know when people won’t stop and realize she always has time to teach.”

She continued, “She’s in charge. She’s responsible for decorum and just setting the tone. I just thought it was very disrespectful that he was trying to take the power away from her. She reminded him, I thought quite well, that she is the one in power … I don’t want to make it about sexism, but I just wonder if he would have treated a man in the same way.”

She added, “I see her as a symbol of decorum. I see her as a woman that is very strong. She’s served in Congress for over 25 years. And I also see her a symbol of the civil rights movement. I think she has served our country honorably.”

1. Dean Perry

April 11, 2019 at 3:14 pm

Mnuchin behavior was unbelievable… and on live TV! His “gravel” remark is now a last night punchline!!!!

• Rebecca Mitchell

April 11, 2019 at 9:07 pm

Gravel?? Lol

• Dean Perry

April 11, 2019 at 10:23 pm

I know… and look at the position he is in!!! Sad.

2. paulette barrow

April 11, 2019 at 7:35 pm

MAXINE WATERS IS A CRIMINAL AND INCITES HARM AGAINST THOSE WHO STAND WITH TRUMP,WONDER HOW MUCH MONEY SHE HAS SKIMMED OF THE TOP,THE MIDDLE AND THE BOTTOM OF HER NEW FOUND POSITION

• Dean Perry

April 11, 2019 at 10:25 pm

How can she skim money from her new position, paulette? She’s not working in a bank! Get a clue!

3. KARL R. RENZ III

April 11, 2019 at 8:02 pm

that old racist is past her time she needs to leave and crawl back into what ever hole she climbed out of

4. RLester1967

April 11, 2019 at 8:08 pm

Maxine Waters and the word decorum are two things i wouldn’t have thought to put together.
    She’s a seething bucket of hatred towards anyone and anything which has to do with Our Nation’s POTUS.
    Then again, I suppose for some folks, calling for harassment and verbal abuse to anyone in the administration IS their view of decorum…
    To me, she is useless and is part of the problem and NOT part of the solution…

5. Rebecca Mitchell

April 11, 2019 at 9:12 pm

I agree with everything that everybody has said here except for Dean. He’s a total looney liberal. She is a racist old bag of wind. She can say whatever she wants and get away with it because she’s a DemocRat! 25 years of scamming Americans, I mean look at her district she represents in California, awful, human waste and needles everywhere in the street. She hasn’t done anything to help her district in years. Way past time for her to retire, she made a good of herself with all the banks too wanting to know what they were going to do to help student loans, they hasn’t being doing student loans since back in 2009 I believe most of them did. She didn’t even know that fact which she should if she’s on the financial committee… She’s a joke!!! Just like Rashid and Omar and AOC…

• Rebecca Mitchell

April 11, 2019 at 9:15 pm

*correction fool not good
      *correction haven’t not hasn’t
      *correction said not did
      I know I made mistakes so here is my corrections. I always try to correct misspellings since you can’t edit these comments.

6. Hairless

April 13, 2019 at 5:56 am

Dean is just a head full of shit bot!