BREAKING One Of America’s FAVORITE Restaurant Chains Just TRASHED Our Military Vets – BOYCOTT THEM NOW!

Of all the asinine policies, Dave and Buster’s arcade and restaurant in Kentwood, Michigan demanded veterans, Victor Murdock and Adrienne Brown of the American Legion Riders Post 179 of Grandville, MI, remove their vests or vacate the restaurant.

The patches on their vests depicted the American Flag, a bald eagle and the Prisoner of War Flag. The restaurant’s management claimed the patches on their vests promoted gang-related symbols.

This is political correctness run amok. According to Military.com, Texas-based Dave and Buster’s headquarters issued a statement explaining:

“The group was asked to remove the jackets or turn them inside out because the business’ dress code prohibits evidence of gang affiliation. Spokeswoman April Spearman said the policy was in place ‘to ensure that everyone is able to enjoy themselves in a fun and safe environment.’”

The American Legion is one of the oldest, most respected veterans’ organizations in the country. Since its charter and incorporation by Congress in 1919 following World War I, the American Legion has served as a patriotic veterans organization devoted to mutual helpfulness. The American Legion is most assuredly not a gang. The American Flag, the bald eagle and the Prisoner of War Flag are not gang symbols.

Dave and Buster’s needs to reap what they have sown. The internet is full of forums and discussion groups planning to boycott Dave and Buster’s for their utter contempt and disrespect of American veterans.

Dave and Buster’s is not only disrespecting veterans who have served our country, they are denying them their First Amendment right to freely express themselves.

What does this say about America when our veterans cannot display the very flag they fought and died for? Not sure how to pronounce it but the word is BOYCOTT.

Continue Reading

1. Linda Batey

March 4, 2017 at 8:20 pm

I think this is so Stupid this is America love it or leave it I will share this with my friends and everyone I know you are a piece of shit close your damn doors won’t respect our Vets the ones that fought for your ass you go and protect your self

• Vickie Riley

June 4, 2017 at 10:40 pm

Unbelievable!

• Cisco Jones

June 5, 2017 at 4:41 am

Maybe you all should find out what ACTUALLY happened before you go off half cocked. http://www.snopes.com/2017/03/05/dave-busters-american-legion-riders-controversy/

The guys looked like bad ass bikers, and the management acted according to their policy to keep people safe, NOT against the symbols themselves. These were NOT guys dressed in Legion uniforms, or military uniforms, but biker gear. They should realize that they would make people nervous, especially in a place like Dave and Buster’s that serves booze. Get over it already!

• jazrobean

June 16, 2017 at 2:04 pm

Yes – – STUPIDITY REIGNS

• Ken Mauer

June 18, 2017 at 2:25 pm

From one Vet to another, thanks for your service

2. Linda Moker

March 4, 2017 at 8:25 pm

Since Dave and Busters seem to believe that Vets. wearing jackets with the American Flag,the Bald Eagle which is the treasured bird of the United States and a flag representing the person who is wearing the jacket of a veteran who was a Prisoner of War for this country as a gang member, I must consider them an anti american company and therefore I will not or any member of my family ever give them any of my business. They should be ashamed of themselves.

• Sandy

June 5, 2017 at 3:49 pm

anyone that’s been into a Dave & Buster’s can tell you there are a lot of homies, dreadlocks assorted piercings along with what would be considered the average. All of those above are affiliations. But they spend a lot of money gaming. That’s why they’re not asked to change what they are wearing. Personally I wish they would. We allget sick and tired of watching all those plumber pants bending over the games

• Cloud E. Nine

June 19, 2017 at 6:15 pm

“Homies”… Don’t be subliminally racist just be outright with it. Your comment has zero to do with the atrocity published in this article; yet you used it as a vehicle to display your own ignorance therein. You are every bit a problem in this country as those dreadlocked “homies” you perceive to be are. Dreads is a hairstyle btw, closely associated with Rastafarian beliefs… Not gang affiliation, much like the patches that were emblazoned on these gentleman’s vests. Stay classy, Sandy.

3. Richard Gaston

March 4, 2017 at 9:59 pm

Hey guys, I belong to the best Gang there is. I am a US Vet and my Gang was the U.S. Military, Navy.

• Linda

March 4, 2017 at 10:55 pm

Thank you very much for your services

• Gina

March 5, 2017 at 4:27 am

That’s the best gang for sure. I Thank You for service

• Jamie

March 5, 2017 at 4:27 pm

Thank you brother for your service to our country! God bless you and yours. May Jesus increase your land!

• Anna duque

April 28, 2017 at 11:05 pm

• Charlene

April 30, 2017 at 5:29 pm

Thank you for your service.

• Becky

April 29, 2017 at 3:15 am

• Sarah

April 29, 2017 at 2:59 pm

• BRENDA

April 29, 2017 at 3:11 pm

GOD BLESS YOU AND THANK YOU FOR SERVING OUR AMERICA

• Kelly Clark

April 29, 2017 at 6:44 pm

I belong to the same “Gang” but of a different charter club. United States Army. We don’t have one around where we live, but when we are on the road we now will never even think of trying them out.

• Richard

April 30, 2017 at 1:29 am

Thank you Richard for your service. You did for the majority of Americans what we were unable to do for ourselves. Some…..politically correct college students may vilify you, but I believe I speak for the majority of Americans when I say thank you very much for what you have done.

• Gail

June 4, 2017 at 7:09 pm

I agree with you. Respects to ALL our vets.

• Sage

June 4, 2017 at 7:30 pm

Thank you my Veteran Brother for your Service to our Country, I feel the same as you do about Dave & Busters. They are nothing but GREEDY BASTARDS who do not know the meaning of Respect. It would be a wonderful sight to watch EVERY one of Dave & Busters burning to the ground at the same time one day soon! BURN THEM OUT OF BUSINESS! LYNCH THE OWNERS AS TRAITORS !

• CJ

June 5, 2017 at 3:46 am

Thank you for your service and hope Dave and Buster goes under

• Brenda Oklahoma

June 5, 2017 at 7:03 pm

Thank you for all you did, do, and will continue in your heart to belong to the Greatest Country in the world.

• Crystal Maynor

June 6, 2017 at 4:02 pm

I am a part of your gang too… AMCS(AW/SW) Retired!!!!

• Sharon

June 6, 2017 at 5:50 pm

God bless all of our military. Amen

• Diane Meyers

June 9, 2017 at 3:45 am

Thank you, I was going to say the same thing. My dad joined the gang in WW1, my brother in the 50’s, my
      Nephew 23 yrs with 2 tours in Afghanistan and my great nephew is in the US Navy. I think this is the best”gang”to belong to. I’m proud of you all. Thank you all for your service.

• Roberta Faust

June 16, 2017 at 7:55 am

Thank you for your service and God bless you my husband and brother and farther were all navy men my dad was a marine so businesses that doesn’t support our military personnel don’t deserve to be able to stay in business

• Deanna

June 16, 2017 at 2:17 pm

Thank you for your service !

• Amy

June 17, 2017 at 7:40 pm

Thank you for your service.

• Bill hall

June 17, 2017 at 10:51 pm

God bless you Sir

• Tony Williams

June 18, 2017 at 8:00 pm

Thanks a lot Richard. You are a man’s man.

• Don

June 19, 2017 at 10:21 pm

I am also a member of that gang. US Submarine Force.

4. Donna Steeves

March 4, 2017 at 10:26 pm

They should have walked out and the rest of the customers should have went with them.

5. Wileen Byroads

March 4, 2017 at 10:44 pm

Boycott this dumbo place! OUR MILITARY HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH GANGS!YOU DON’T EVEN KNOW WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT!

• Observable truth

June 20, 2017 at 12:16 pm

They have all the same features of a gang

6. Di

March 4, 2017 at 11:38 pm

Who needs their shitty restaurant anyways! American Legion has better food!

• Ted

March 5, 2017 at 3:38 pm

Highly overrated

7. Patti Phillips

March 4, 2017 at 11:59 pm

So sad, vets all vets need a break. This was very unacceptable.

8. Susan Driskill

March 5, 2017 at 12:11 am

Was there last night for bike night @ West gate, Glendale, Arizona. Literally sat there for 15 minutes, had asked for a glass of water. It NEVER came. We finally got up & left. Informed the front hostess of why we were leaving. She basically shrugged & didn’t give a damn. This is the second time I’ve been there & will never go back. It was their second chance & they FAILED MISERABLY!!!
    Poor service = no $
    I think they’re attitude is oh well this place is full you won’t make much of an impact…..
    We’ll see about that.
    #socialmediarocks

9. Leslie Gashimov

March 5, 2017 at 12:20 am

Wonder how many are ask to remove the hajibs or turbans or friggin bandanas!

• Leigh Anne Bell

June 4, 2017 at 5:10 pm

Many areas have gangs, and dress codes are set to keep gang problems from occurring in a closed in space. We have clubs in VA that cater to bikers, but they also have no color rules. I support vets, but rules are rules.

10. Franklin Grizzaffi

March 5, 2017 at 12:21 am

Have never eaten there so now I never will !! What a bunch of asswipes Dave & Busters are !!

11. Frankie

March 5, 2017 at 2:25 am

I’ve never eaten there and never will. Wonder if they let the guys in there with their pants hanging down and their asses hanging out. Oh yea they must because their asses themselves. I will certianly be BOYCOTTING THEM.

• Donna McCance

May 9, 2017 at 12:18 am

I do not live there but I hope many, many people do not eat there and support our veterans

12. Sandi Golden

March 5, 2017 at 2:41 am

Neber have and never will eat there.
    BOYCOTTING DAVE AND BUSTERS.

13. Rick

March 5, 2017 at 3:39 am

What a piece of shit establishment, please don’t spend a penny of your hard earned American money there, maybe the CEO will be cleaning tables at McDonalds soon.

14. FRANCESCA ARFELI

March 5, 2017 at 4:32 am

the enemy`s within boycotting them is a duty ..these man deserve rispect not rijection.

15. Bj Palmer

March 5, 2017 at 4:54 am

Never been there, now I never will! Anyone that shows the slightest bit of disrespect to a veteran or any first responder- deserves to be boycotted.

16. Patricia Lamoureux

March 5, 2017 at 5:20 am

BOYCOTT !!

17. Haha

March 5, 2017 at 5:46 am

I will support Dave and Busters, if the conservatives try and break a business there will be twice as many dollars going to them by Libs. Libs have more money and the Lib supported businesses thrive

• Cindy

June 4, 2017 at 4:53 pm

Does that mean that libs don’t support our military. You are insane. They are the reason we have the freedom that we do have.

• Mary Esther Villarreal

June 6, 2017 at 8:57 am

Cause you’re a moron, raised by morons.

• Ellie

June 17, 2017 at 8:05 pm

LMHO at home this remark. I wonder if Starbucks, Target, Walt Mart, Kellogg, and even the NFL feel the same about a boycott. Maybe you’d better ask them. When democrats are turning republican at the rate they are, soon there will be no democrat party. Just commie/socialist. Shall we see where Dave & Buster’s are at the end of the year? I know I’ll never step foot in their door, nor will the people on this page. You’re way outnumbered, HaHa. LOL

18. Audrey

March 5, 2017 at 1:46 pm

Such a disservice to those who have put their lives on the line so that a chain lime this can even have the freedom to exist!! Shame on you, Dave & Busters;you made a huge error in judgment. Boycott!

19. George Coy

March 5, 2017 at 3:13 pm

You can bet I’ll never cross their doorway again. These overly PC morons need to know they can’t disrespect the American flag and our rich military history. I’m a 30 year Navy Vet and I say BOYCOTT this company and demand an open public apology. Gang symbols my arse – Nuff said.

20. Dean Potts

March 5, 2017 at 5:10 pm

CAN say i don’t believe i had ever eaten at Dave &Busters , but rest assured I WILL NEVER DARKEN THE DOORS GOING INTO THEIR SO -CALLED- RESTAURANTS . I wear a PGR. VEST AND AM PROUD TO STAND FOR ANY AMERICAN VETERAN ! AND SHOW MY COLORS AND FLAG !

21. Wuzzy

March 5, 2017 at 6:17 pm

It is not as bad as it sounds, Everyone should have rules, The problem is that when you have rules you leave it up to an employee to decide right or wrong. Needed better training. Rick from Dave and Busters was here and apologized for what happened to the ones involved and is working with National American Legion to update and change the rules. Rick is also a Rider and wants to cure this so it won’t happen again.

• GARY LOSEY

June 4, 2017 at 10:31 pm

I THINK ITS LIKE KATHY GRIFFINS APOLOGY IS TO LATE AND NOT VERY SINCERE , BOYCOTT THEM , THATS WHAT THEY DESERVE . I AM A VETERAN AND VERY UPSET ABOUT THIS .

• laura

June 16, 2017 at 8:02 am

Watever!!

22. Mary Parks

March 5, 2017 at 6:35 pm

This was so unnecessary, if this people can’t recognize the difference between military and a gang then they shouldnt have that policy, this is how stupid the companies have become just to get that money in their pockets. This are the men that fought for our country and now these fools do this to them ,where is there pride in our veterans,I see none there,so I say don’t eat there !!!!!

23. Vet in Houston

March 5, 2017 at 6:43 pm

I’ve haven’t been to Dave and Busters since I was a child…I’m sure the children who frequent the place won’t mind if you grown ups boycott…I will make a trip over there in an attempt to nullify your stupidity…get over yourselves.

24. Mary mullenax

March 5, 2017 at 7:06 pm

They can get the hell out of our country if you don’t support our troops then we don’t support you or your company so kiss our ass bitches

25. Putomadre

March 5, 2017 at 7:15 pm

I was a member of a gang called the 1st Air Cavalry 48 years ago……………

26. Ricky allen

March 5, 2017 at 7:18 pm

Ate there once in St. Louis mo but will never again where the hell has comman since? Gone? I am ashamed to say I ate there now. I’m a marine and that just ain’t right. Since when does an arcade have a dress code

27. Eva C. Taht

March 5, 2017 at 7:38 pm

I will never take my grandkids there again. The veterans risked their lives for our country.

28. Gerald

March 5, 2017 at 10:06 pm

I worked for a casino. We were told to ask Everyone who walked in with colors on to remove them or turn them inside out. This was to make it fair for all
    Be it angels, mongols,sons of silence or riders for God. Once told, everyone understood.

29. Patty wright

March 6, 2017 at 12:18 am

Dave and Busters needs a boycott.

30. Elizabeth Adams

March 6, 2017 at 5:56 am

Right wingers getting butt hurt over a misunderstanding. Anyone surprised? Nope.

• Roger Kovach

June 22, 2017 at 10:48 am

Common sense and patriotism aren’t taught in school any more, nor are these values something that you would expect for immature or insecure managers to understand. Low info, bewildered managers with training wheels and limited authority are confronted daily with situations which they are unprepared to address. It is inexcusable that the manager that made this kind of incredibly stupid assessment equating members veterans that volunteered to serve the nation with proven sacrifice would be equated with gang members like the Scrips, Hell’s Angels, or BLM trash. Dumbing down society to homogenize happy places for neurotics has gotten us to where we are. Our adversaries are laughing at what America has become!

31. Peter Paul Lo

March 6, 2017 at 6:25 am

Round up these parasites and sent them to Yemen. let them taste combat and see how they feel being treated as outcast after returning home. Pathetic libtards…

32. Dottie

March 6, 2017 at 2:28 pm

I ate there once and the food sucked. Games were what we went for really. However, plenty of places to go that should respect our military! If not, will boycott them too!

33. Jacob

March 6, 2017 at 5:08 pm

I used to work at JACK Cleveland Casino. I honestly would have to do the same thing Dave and Busters did turn them away. Our rule says that no biker affiliation. In my opinion I think there should be exceptions to rule. In case of this one.

34. Joseph Medina

March 6, 2017 at 5:32 pm

My gang was US Army….

35. wanda pickett

March 6, 2017 at 8:22 pm

you know some people like the libs and theyare so stupied that no one can understand how a person can get that stupied but they will come up without anything except the ones they follow and best know that i will stand up all the way for my country as myhusband did for 30 yrs and a proud man to died for our country i am like him i will fight all thats aganist our country but fools fall hilary got more to come as obama also my prayer for trump and peace fight hard we with you all the way never give up

36. Robert Worrell

March 6, 2017 at 9:17 pm

I also belong to the retired military U.S.Army I will not eat there.

37. Susan-Tomlin Orr

March 8, 2017 at 12:36 am

AMERICAN! BOYCOTT DAVE AND BUSTER’S RESTAURANTS NATIONWIDE!

38. Monica

March 8, 2017 at 1:37 am

If this is indeed what truly happened, it is a disgrace to ALL veterans. If my parents who are veterans been disrespected like that, I am afraid what I might say to the employee of Dave & Buster’s.

39. Carol mungo

March 8, 2017 at 4:12 am

Dave and Busters sound unAmerican to me, don’t like the sound of their stupid complaint at all.
    I sure en hell would boycott them.

40. KAYLENE

March 8, 2017 at 12:31 pm

NEVER HEARD OF THEM, PLAN NEVER TO CROSS THEIR PATHS, SHAME ON THEM, I’LL BOYCOTT THEM TOO!

41. Alan

March 9, 2017 at 7:43 pm

I bet they let symbols of the biggest gang there is, the Hajib.

42. Ralph Ledford

March 10, 2017 at 1:08 am

Fuck Dave and Buster’s. I will never gpo there again.

43. Mike Timothy

March 11, 2017 at 12:14 am

You guys are a bunch of dick heads, I am a veteran and will definitely BOYCOTT this crappy resturant.

44. Shane

March 13, 2017 at 7:03 pm

Cool

45. Anthony

April 28, 2017 at 7:05 pm

Dave and Busters is low on my list of places to go. They are pretty lame from the get go over priced and the food basically suck and is really over priced

46. Ricky Perryman

April 28, 2017 at 7:11 pm

These Traitors are Doomed just like Starbucks…

47. Andrea kunert

April 28, 2017 at 7:49 pm

So far I haven’t seen that hatred restaurant in Central Florida but if I do I will put the word out to boycott them before they even open sincerely an ARMY MOM

48. Francis Garrity

April 28, 2017 at 7:53 pm

We don’t have one in my immediate vicinity, but I have on occasion when traveling eaten at D & B, never again. USN Retired

49. Sharron Smith

April 28, 2017 at 8:03 pm

Never heard of them but their name would send Me elsewhere.

50. James

April 28, 2017 at 9:39 pm

Their food sucks anyways and is way over priced! This Vet will never eat there again. Navy Hm3

51. Rosie Eiler

April 28, 2017 at 11:14 pm

Today I ate at Applebee’s and as I arrived four members of the military were leaving, I thanked them for their service as did other people. We respect our military as all should! They will do the work to make America Great Again!. God Bless.

• James Wilson

June 13, 2017 at 4:43 am

Applebees like many other restaurants honor the military with 10%-15% off. What burns me up is the restaurants/stores that claim they honor the military but won’t except any sort of military ID. You MUST be in uniform which anyone can go buy. Legends Steakhouse in Tennessee is one of the many that will NOT change their policy, therefore they do NOT earn a cent from me (anymore).

52. Jim

April 28, 2017 at 11:29 pm

I’m all for boycotting businesses that do not show respect for our soldiers. But I think I have found over the years that most people will only boycott something that has wronged them personally. And please do not ask the liberals to help out because they are anti millitary. Now if was muslims that were wronged the liberals would be rioting and beating people up. Whats wrong with this country.???????

• Jabe

April 28, 2017 at 11:35 pm

Are they still in business? Wouldn’t go. Still recall a child molested in bathroom there while his mother waited outside. Horrible place that lures sex offenders because of all kids whose parents take them! Boycott for more reasons than one!

• Kalamity Jan

April 30, 2017 at 1:01 pm

As for me, this has wronged me personally! Have never eaten there and now I never will. Shame. Shame. Shame.

• Mike

May 1, 2017 at 10:56 pm

How can you make a judgement like that. I am a veteran who is considered a liberal. What makes you think liberals are anti military and pro muslim? Way off base propaganda.

53. linda woodcock

April 29, 2017 at 12:47 am

Man you should all hang your head in shame. These men and women put their damn life on the line so that you could live in a free Country. You disgust me! Oh man I would love to stick around in a few years just to see what these people realize there is no one left to protect their little asses. You know, like the “Little Snowflakes”.

54. Pamela

April 29, 2017 at 1:23 am

I am so done with companies like this. How dare they say wearing our flag and everything else military is gang related. Being from a big family we will make an impact. It is going to be a pleasure to boycott this restaurant. You don’t treat our veterans and call their military symbols gang related and get away with it. You pieces of crap.

55. Gretchen A. Baker

April 29, 2017 at 1:44 am

There is a huge difference between a gang and an organization. Our military is greatly appreciated and respected by my family and me. I currently have a son who is in the military.

56. Keith

April 29, 2017 at 1:49 am

The incident happened almost 2 months ago. This was their response…

Dave & Buster’s is extremely grateful to all of our active military members and veterans, and we are honored to have them as valued guests. We have apologized to Mr. Murdock for his experience this past weekend. Mr. Murdock has raised important concerns regarding our policies. We recognize the need to educate our team members about the American Legion, and have reached out to the local American Legion Post 179, and the national organization for guidance. In addition, we will review our approach to our dress code. We remain fully committed to our military and will work with the American Legion and Mr. Murdock on ways we can support their mission and their community.

I think their response addressed the situation already.

57. T Bone

April 29, 2017 at 4:04 am

Destroy Dave and Buster’s.

58. BillWhit

April 29, 2017 at 9:47 am

I am a gang member of Disabled American Veterans, having served under Presidents Johnson thru Clinton. That will be one business I will remember never to spend a cent in. God Bless the USA and our President, Donald J. Trump!

• Richard

April 30, 2017 at 1:38 am

Bill, thank you for your service sir. I have never served, because I never had to. I have lived in a relative time of peace and prosperity. I lived that life because you and so many others sacrificed for me. From the bottom of my heart, thank you so very much sir.

59. Barbara Maver

April 29, 2017 at 11:43 am

I disagree with the idea of a boycott, and here is my reasoning: Many restaurant/bars that have a large biker clientele have a “No Colors” policy. This is so that different clubs/gangs that don’t play nice with each other feel less threatened and helps keep testosterone levels to a minimum. If the club’s can’t flaunt their affiliations at each other they become less likely to start a brawl. The Legion Riders must follow the policy like everyone else be it the Blue Knights, Bikers for Christ or the Hells Angels. The request was not about the flag or being anti military. It was company policy that applies to all. The Legion Riders in our area
    Have no issues with businesses that require attire showing affiliation be left outside.

60. William Davis

April 29, 2017 at 12:32 pm

Idiots will always be with us. Eat elsewhere.

61. Sarah

April 29, 2017 at 3:01 pm

Won’t be taking the kids there again‼️

62. Terry

April 29, 2017 at 3:31 pm

What’s the name of the restaurant? U going to post a store U should post the name ???

63. Macpappy

April 29, 2017 at 4:46 pm

I was once in a gang called the U.S. Navy
    now I am in another gang, it’s called The Deplorables.
    We identify with our other gang, the NRA.
    I have never been to a Dave & Buster, and don’t think I will be going anytime soon.

64. Steve Kaminski

April 29, 2017 at 4:50 pm

I am a disabled Vet and belong to the American Legion. I used to go to Dave and Buster’s occasionally. Never again.

65. Diana Tallley

April 29, 2017 at 5:23 pm

Sad but true. Our country is becoming more and more Anti-American every day. Our School Administrations and teachers are to blame. They have History and Civics out of school curricula so people under the age of 40 do not have any respect or understanding of the dedication and sacrifice of others that keep this country free. We will soon lose our Freedom because of Freedom itself. This country is now so divided, there are no real American values left. We murder unborn babies by the millions, kill millions of people with guns and drugs. Young people do not respect authority, we want to let illegal aliens come into our country while American tax payers support them, and we have thrown out our need for God. I would like to have someone explain what our American Values really are today,and why do we continue to fight for freedom anyway?

66. Gerald barrett

April 29, 2017 at 6:04 pm

I bet they do not ask certian people to take their towels off their head

67. Megan

April 29, 2017 at 6:06 pm

It’s gang! It’s the one gang that protects everyone’s freedoms. People today have no respect and have no idea what they have.

68. Jack

April 29, 2017 at 7:05 pm

Oh man it is Dave and Busters what did you expect ???

69. Cliff

April 29, 2017 at 9:26 pm

I have eaten at D & B it wasn’t all that great and I have had better food in the chow hall on many military bases and it didn’t cost me a fortune like D & B’s but if they feel there company policy includes the Veteran organizations that we vets belong to are gangs that tells you a lot about the owners and they never have to worry about receiving another penny of my money and hopefully any of my fellow veterans money and there are a lot more of us than they are of them

70. George

April 29, 2017 at 10:01 pm

Down with Dave and Busters!

71. C Artis

April 30, 2017 at 2:51 pm

That goes to show me they do not have veterans on their staff who would have correct this. Dave and Busters you just lost me and my family. You disrespected the U S flag, veterans and all those who protect your freedom. Gang affiliations, really. If being a veteran is a gang affiliation, I’m in the best and biggest gang and proud of it.

72. robert poppleton

April 30, 2017 at 3:58 pm

will what can be said the people in all there wisdom have brought this on themselves everything is carried to extremes in fear of being sued or fined yes it is stupid to say there patches are gang related so i am gang related U.S. AIR FORCE what about the kid who took a toy gun to school about 3 to four inches long kicked out of school someone covering there ass

73. M

May 1, 2017 at 3:02 pm

AMERICAN! BOYCOTT DAVE AND BUSTER’S RESTAURANTS NATIONWIDE!

74. Larry Marino

May 1, 2017 at 3:40 pm

Hold on a bit with the immediate reactions. There are a lot of motorcycles in Florida and MANY restaurants have a “No Colors” policy. This would include the most heavily attended restaurants and Biker Bars in Daytona Beach.
    The policy is respected by every single motorcycle and ridding club. This includes all of Florida’s 1% clubs like the Outlaws, the Pagans and the Warlocks.
    We need to untwist our panties here and understand that the reason for the No Colors policy is sound

• GARY LOSEY

June 4, 2017 at 10:47 pm

THERE IS A BID DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A GANG AND ANYONE THAT HAS BEEN IN THE SERVICE , I AM A VETERAN AND I WANT TO WEAR MY COLORS ANYWHERE I WANT TO , I SERVED AND IF I WANT TO WEAR A FLAG OR MY PATCHES ,, I WILL AND THIS CRAPPY PLACE WILL NEVER SEE MY BUSINESS .

75. Mike

May 1, 2017 at 10:48 pm

I am a veteran as well. The motorcycle vest are considered colors. And alot of bars and restaurants ask motorcycle clubs to remove their colors as to not start fights with other clubs. You see this in deadwood sd as well. Im not saying i agree with it but it happens elsewhere as well.

76. Norma

May 2, 2017 at 12:19 pm

God bless and thank you for your service. Maybe if all military people don’t go to these restaurants they go under. We have a lot of vets active and retired. May you go under for NOT serving our military

77. Tim Shankle

May 4, 2017 at 1:02 am

I have never eaten in the restaurant but a veteran myself will stop in just to tell them they SUCK

78. Tim Shankle

May 4, 2017 at 1:04 am

I’ve never been there but will stop in as a veteran to tell them they SUCK!

79. Rick

May 9, 2017 at 2:47 am

Here is a good response: “We served in the military so YOU can KEEP the right to choose who you allow in your establishment or turn away!”
    Vet’s all have one thing in common. We are the one’s that more often than not, go into harms way and possibly take lives so others don’t have to shoulder that burden and go on living the American dream.

80. Darla Mills

May 9, 2017 at 1:16 pm

Stupid people are the ones making those decisions. I would find out if the owners are aware of the policies regarding this issue before I boycott!! I don’t eat there anyway, but these policies could be made by idiots that are not thinking correctly!! Not unheard of in America!!

81. Clara Young

May 9, 2017 at 7:02 pm

Boycott! They have a food place in the USA & can’t support our military & vets who gave them the freedom to have it. Sickening!!

82. Roger Guidry

May 13, 2017 at 12:47 pm

I hope they can see their mistake and take appropriate actions to correct this. I am all for commerce and think that they over reacted to a policy meant for MS-13 and the like. Where would we be without the proud group of men and women who gave some and all for this country, until then I will not contribute my hard earned money to this chain. I am an Army veteran and still believe in protecting the rights of the USA

83. MrBillin TX

June 4, 2017 at 5:44 pm

This has to be sheer ignorance on the part of some mentally deficient employee, who should be educated AND fired by the way!

84. MIMI

June 4, 2017 at 6:04 pm

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE, YOU ALL ARE MY HEROES. BOYCOTT DAVE AND BUSTER’S FOREVER AND NATION WIDE!!!

85. Beverly

June 4, 2017 at 6:37 pm

All I can say they messed up. Boycott the he’ll out of them we don’t need their business in United States

86. ginger

June 4, 2017 at 8:43 pm

87. Robert Schnebelen

June 4, 2017 at 9:41 pm

This isn’t political correctness….THIS IS STUPIDITY!!!!! I’ll bet everyone in the place is Left Handed too!

88. Roberta Tate

June 4, 2017 at 10:53 pm

I went to Dave and busters once, I could of gone twice but I didn’t think it was worth my money, so I say if you can’t stand up for my brothers, that make me safe and everyone else that lives in this country, and oh by the way keep you morons and your employee safe. But you can’t serve them because they are wearing jackets with their symbols of what rank of the armed forces they were in and having an American flag on there jacket what kind of a dam hypocrite runs this company, that tells me you don’t mind building on the land and selling you ware but you can tell the patrons who come in that they can’t were their jackets and if they don’t take them off they have to leave, these are the men that give there lives so you can have a business and make money , you are a dam insult to every man of women that has lost their lives so you can be free, I hope you go out of business after this you are dispicable, I will make sure I do my part to let people know how patriotic you are, your not worth the trash they throw on the landfil

89. Jim

June 5, 2017 at 1:50 am

I have been boycotting dave and busters for a long time already. Last time I went there I found bugs in my food. Of course the manager just laughed it off and said that he could not do anything about the bugs. So, everybody at our table left the restaurant with food still on the table. As we were leaving we could hear the waiters laughing. So I believe that they could treat our veterans like this. Boycott,Boycott,Boycott!!!!!!!!?

90. Paul Batchelor

June 5, 2017 at 3:12 am

Bye!Bye! Dave and Busters

91. Sonia Coomer

June 5, 2017 at 3:31 am

Gangs? I understand the “gang colors” reasoning…and agree. But come on. A military vet isn’t going to remove the colors of the USA. No way, no how.

92. Scott

June 5, 2017 at 3:33 am

Goodbye dave and busters, I hope to see you go by way of the mental kathy griffin!
    Gang signs? Yes it is a sign, one that has saved your moronic ass. If it weren’t for the military YOU would not have a business. I have a lot of family that have been in the military at some time or another, they are saying goodbye, I also family that has worn the police uniform and they wear signs on their jackets and shirts….they are also saying goodbye to dave and busters.

93. Pat Williams

June 5, 2017 at 4:03 am

I will never go to a Dave and Busters again. God Bless our veterans! My brothers and sisters are from the Air National Guard (28 Years) on active duty (AGR). We did our job so places like this could act like this.

94. Gene

June 5, 2017 at 5:23 am

While, if this story is accurate, Dave & Busters is stupid, “Dave and Buster’s is not only disrespecting veterans who have served our country, they are denying them their First Amendment right to freely express themselves” is a stupid comment for someone writing for a conservative post. ONLY the government can deny you your First Amendment rights. Take a freaking civics class before you right another blog.

95. Anita

June 5, 2017 at 6:24 am

How dare they treat our service men & women so disrespectfully. What they are doing is calling The United States Armed Forces (Loud & Clear) a Gang! This is horrible & everyone should boycott them & put them OUT OF BUSINESS!!!!!!!

• Rick

June 5, 2017 at 11:23 am

Yes they belong to a gang, the biggest gang there is, the U.S. Military. You remember them, the ones that served their country, so that brain dead liberals can act like they do, without being afraid of what they say and how they act, like in some countries!

96. Ron Huntsr

June 5, 2017 at 5:18 pm

I will never return to this business. They should be ashamed…

97. Badd Guye

June 5, 2017 at 6:24 pm

Screw “Dave and Buster”!

98. Jaybo1

June 5, 2017 at 9:33 pm

Just proves that idiot traitors’ abound everywhere…

99. Valorie brown

June 5, 2017 at 10:25 pm

Michigan is OVER 50% MUSLIM now and GROWING., so EVERY business is Bowing down to be Politically correct to them Shame on Dave and Busters for this. The patches they displayed were NOT gang related, but rather AMERICAN related!!! The MUSLIMS already said they will use our empathy AGAINST us, and this is Just another way for them to do it. They are taking over our whole country. So SAD!!

100. Teresa

June 6, 2017 at 10:53 am

You can Always tell when you come up against an Obama supporter because they say and do the most stupidest things and are filled with hate.

101. gary

June 6, 2017 at 4:29 pm

I think it is wrong That said in Texas where the company is based it is the law.

102. Michael

June 6, 2017 at 4:30 pm

Short sighted business will not come out favorably if they disrespect the one business that allows them to be assholes, and that business is the U.S. Military! You are a person can and should have your opinions regarding anything you wish to have an opinion about, but if you are a business, you really should just keep your mouth shut, because no matter what side you are on, you will be pissing off one side or the other.

103. Brian

June 6, 2017 at 7:57 pm

Never cared for them anyway so no loss to me. But by definition a gang is a group of people with similar interest who like to spend time together. Guess that means businessmen and women are out too. Stupid people and supposed political correctness will end businesses like this.

104. Thomas Harvey

June 7, 2017 at 2:51 pm

It’s Michigan, NUFF SAID.

105. Barbara

June 7, 2017 at 7:58 pm

How disrespectful and disgusting.

106. Mike Juba

June 7, 2017 at 8:34 pm

Folks, I understand the sentiment but hear me out.( I’m a 30 year vet with 3 combat tours and have been to D&Bs MANY times.) Their dress code has been in force for many years; this isn’t something new. My buds and I would wear slacks and a collared shirt to go to D&Bs and I give anyone going, who have never been, a heads up on the dress code. I have always looked at D&Bs a neutral place where folks can go and just have a great time without a who’s who, and have witnessed the handling of those who did not meet the dress code requirement at the door; it was always done with respect.
    Back our veterans; yes but get both sides of the story as well.

107. Clayton Miller

June 12, 2017 at 2:41 pm

People, yes they should’ve known the difference between a gang and military apparel.

But I’m pretty sure even Dave and Busters employs people who served our country.

So while sending a message on bad experience may just put more of the people your trying to protect out of work!

Just something to think about, I say send the dudes an apology and a nice gift certificate.

And hopefully it doesn’t cause someone who really needs a job to lose it.

108. BillWhit

June 13, 2017 at 5:07 am

This old disabled Veteran will never spend my money in a Dave and Buster’s arcade and restaurant again. Go against Vets, we go against you! Dave and Buster’s arcade and restaurant only proved they are Haters of America’s Protectors!

109. cody warlock

June 13, 2017 at 7:34 pm

Boycott. Eat somewhere else if you dont like it. Nobody is forcing you to eat there. Get over it!!!!

See how that works, its the same thing right-wingers say to gay folks who want wedding cakes and other services but are refused.
    You want to force your agenda on others, expect the same in return.

110. David brooks

June 16, 2017 at 5:12 am

I’m a vet and they have lost my business. glad I wasn’t there I’D probably be jail now.

111. sue

June 16, 2017 at 7:42 am

It is quite obvious that there are children running the store. They have NO idea what a gang really is and I bet they couldn’t even tell you who invented the car. I wonder who the next tenant will be for all the empty stores that this will cause when the protest REALLY hits home for them. SO LONG DAVE AND BUSTERS!

112. shirley collins

June 16, 2017 at 10:29 am

THOSE EMBLEMS ON THEIR VESTS ARE ALL AMERICAN!!! AS ARE THE VETS WHO FAUGHT AND DIED TO KEEP THIS COUNTRY SAFE! NO ONE WOULD “MISTAKE” THEM FOR… GANG MEMBER AFFILIATEDNM! YOUR INTENTIONS WERE CLEAR…D.AND B.!!! HUMILIATING WAR HEROS!!! APOLOGY…NOT ACCEPTED!!!

113. Lauren

June 16, 2017 at 12:28 pm

Bye Bye Dave & Buster’s business… Sad:(

114. WS

June 17, 2017 at 4:17 am

Apparently Dave & Buster’s is willing to sit down with the same American Legion group to hash out there differences in dress code. http://w/2017/03/05/dave-busters-american-legion-riders-controversy/

115. CG Plott

June 17, 2017 at 7:25 am

NO! NO! NO!

I am a USAF, Viet Nam era veteran.

Veterans are the people who worked, fought and died to support our countries beliefs.

This business has a policy in place to bring a measure of peace to their establishment.
    The policy is NOT designed to belittle, denigrate or suppress anyone!
    AND it appears that the policy is evenly applied to all.

As veterans, we should RESPECT and SUPPORT their rights!

It’s what some died to protect…

116. chuck delagarza

June 17, 2017 at 1:34 pm

Guess that settles that. This is one vet who will not be spending money there anymore.

117. Billie Jo Matthews

June 17, 2017 at 10:14 pm

If Dave and Buster’s calls them gang members then I am a member of that gang as well are all veterans. I will boycott them.

118. Michelle N

June 18, 2017 at 9:23 pm

Although I’ve NEVER been to Dave and busters, I must say that the vice president himself heard about this issue and only days later went down to make an apology to the American Legion and educate employees about what the Legion and their vets stood for. The story about it can be found here…