Anheuser-Busch is rethinking their NFL sponsorship, and they want your input.

What’s happening?

In the wake of increased national anthem protests by NFL players, Anheuser-Busch is reconsidering their NFL sponsorship, likely because the protests are very unpopular among everyday Americans. Bud Light currently serves as the official beer of the NFL.

So the company set up a hotline for fans to call and give their thoughts about the protests and Anheuser-Busch’s sponsorship of the NFL. The number for the hotline is: 1-800-342-5283.

What does the hotline say?

When a customer calls the number, they are greeted by a recorded voice who gives them the opportunity to voice their opinions about the protests.

“If you are calling with questions or comments about Anheuser-Busch’s sponsorship of the NFL, press one,” the voice says. “At Anheuser-Busch we have a long heritage of supporting the nation’s armed forces, veterans and military dependents. The national anthem is a point of pride for our company and for the 1,100 veterans that we employ. Please feel free to share your feedback after the tone.”

The company also released a statement:

These are complex issues that require in-depth discussions and nuanced debate. What I can say is that at Anheuser-Busch we have a long heritage of supporting the institutions and values that have made America so strong. That includes our armed forces and the national anthem as well as diversity, equality and freedom of speech. We proudly employ over 1,100 military veterans and we work every day to create an inclusive environment for all of our employees. Because only together can we achieve our dream of bringing people together for a better world.
Have people been calling?

Since the company established the hotline and began to promote it, they have been inundated with calls. According to KTVI-TV, the hotline went down Friday afternoon after receiving too many calls.

1. Richard J Palmer

October 1, 2017 at 11:39 pm

I don’t watch the NFL anymore and now I guess i am back to Miller Lite!!!

2. Donna Wollman

October 1, 2017 at 11:40 pm

There will be NO NFL football in this house until and unless these spoiled athletes stand respectfully for our flag and National Anthem

3. Joan Page

October 1, 2017 at 11:40 pm

They should have been gone the 1st time they dishonored the flag. The flag represents all the men and women who gave their lives for this country.

4. Laura Williams

October 1, 2017 at 11:41 pm

I think you should reconsider. Our family is (was) big football fans and for some reason these protests just put a damper on the enjoyment of watching it. This is entertainment not for protesting.

5. Mike Walsh

October 1, 2017 at 11:41 pm

Fire them.

6. AHZZ

October 1, 2017 at 11:43 pm

Football – just ANOTHER “Over-Rated and Over-Paid “KID’S GAME”!!!
    “F” the NFL! (NFL=Nothing but Friggin’ Losers)

7. Joseph Wilson

October 1, 2017 at 11:43 pm

This is bud or bud products are not for me. I am a vet and think your continued sponsorship is disgusting. If you don’t stand for something you will fall for anything!!

8. Troy Corbitt

October 1, 2017 at 11:44 pm

Let the NFL be part of the DC swamp. They can go away as far as Im concerned. I dont give a F*** about football especially if they politicize it. Stupid people..deport them too.

9. Phyllis White

October 1, 2017 at 11:45 pm

I’m all for Budweiser ending their NFL sponsorship; maybe, this will help them to start acting differently toward our country.

• julie

October 2, 2017 at 1:48 am

please end sponsorship. It is disrespect America…

10. Gerald bennett

October 1, 2017 at 11:47 pm

Pull it I well keep drinking with u .i am a veteran of the the Vietnam area

11. Philip Chin

October 1, 2017 at 11:47 pm

NFL WANTS IT BOTH WAYS?
    Dear NFL Management:

Can you tell me how former Pro Bowl Player Will Smith died? Wasn’t it Black-on-Black crime and more importantly, wasn’t lots of Alcohol involved even before dinner at Sake Cafe? And was it not years earlier, Will Smith was cited for domestic abuse which means Alcohol. And isn’t true that in places like Detroit, 25% of all violent crime happens with 500 feet of a gas station that serves Alcohol?

And who are the BIGGEST NFL SPONSORS? Would it be Alcohol and Beer Companies?

So does the NFL, just like gas stations, the ghetto and Bourbon St want it both ways? That is, PROMOTE AND SELL LOTS OF ALCOHOL and EXPECT NOTHING STUPID TO HAPPEN?

Moreover, If you see Stupid THings happening in the Ghetto every day via Alcohol, why would you treat them as Equals?

And if you see Stupid things happening in the Ghetto via Alcohol, why would you want to be a part of them (Unity)?

12. Larry S. Buchanan Jr.

October 1, 2017 at 11:48 pm

I just called the hotline. I think it’s time to let the NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB, and MLS survive on their own.

13. Andy

October 1, 2017 at 11:49 pm

I have always had a LOT of respect for Budweiser , This is another reason to be proud of Budweiser!

• John

October 2, 2017 at 3:16 am

Hopefully I can start drinking my favourite beer again.

14. John

October 1, 2017 at 11:53 pm

Over rated over paid arrogant know nothing ads holes let them try to live off what I live off they would most likely ALL kill themselves and good riddance!!!!!!!!!!!

15. Kathleen Gordon

October 1, 2017 at 11:54 pm

I think they should end their relationship with the NFL. They are a big enough company not to have to worry on the sales, if anything fans will be up in arms because the NFL allowed this to happen and they can’t get their favorite beer!

16. Mike Murrray

October 1, 2017 at 11:55 pm

I called !!

… Bud’s set up a hotline for fans to call and give their thoughts about the protests and Anheuser-Busch’s sponsorship of the NFL. The number for the hotline is: 1-800-342-5283.

Press option number 1, tell your short opinion why good Beer drinking should not be wasted on cry bay elitist fo’ba players ….

17. Chris Berge

October 1, 2017 at 11:59 pm

End the sponsorship until they get out of politics! I don’t care if they have to hire an entire team. I love football, but will quit watching if they keep up the way they are. And that goes for the companies who sponsor them.

18. Daniel Cooper

October 2, 2017 at 12:04 am

Budweiser needs to end the relationship with the NFL. They need to influence the other sponsors to do the same. Make the NFL understand that we don’t need them and they don’t run anything in this country. We the people do.

19. michael colvin

October 2, 2017 at 12:13 am

I Can’t Believe Am About Say This But nfl stars are doing nothing wrong as american they have right to do that i think if force stop nfl stars should sue cause rights and it not just nfl stars doing it ton folks prostesting that their right and now ton people say nfl stars are wrong for doing god willing first amendment right iam stand by nfl stars and others that fighting injustice that trump doing it not flag it trump we fighting if you can’t see that you will never will see it cause you only want be right and not do what right! bottom line we all have right to fight for what we think wrong if you have right too so does nfl stars and other protesters

20. Denis

October 2, 2017 at 12:16 am

I’ll get Friday night and Saturday football. They dont whine like the so called pros.

21. Anthony Leon

October 2, 2017 at 12:16 am

I think Budweiser should do that asap maybe more follow like Papa Johns Pepsi this will teach them it doesn’t stop there maybe the owners take a look the new Commissioner to follow rules and more strict rules like they had in book Section A-62-63 that say all players must stand-up for National Anthem or the team or player be fine also could use a draft pick, Now you tell us why is not doing that rule right now if the players refused to do so then we had a right to fired or released them it’s all there in book. So Budweiser, Please remove Sponsorship from NFL And support the USA.

22. Jackie

October 2, 2017 at 12:17 am

I would love it if you did this and I would remain a loyal customer forever. They are so off base. They deserve to all lose their jobs as far as I am concerned and I would respect your company if you did not condone this terrible show of disrespect for America!

23. Pingback: Budweiser May be Considering Ending their NFL Sponsorship Over Protests — and They Want to Hear From You – Conservative Politics

24. Ray Fillion

October 2, 2017 at 12:29 am

It’s only a game folks and if some players want to make a statement well it is their right and it’s enshrined in the constitution so everyone lighten up.

25. don spindleman

October 2, 2017 at 12:32 am

I fully support bud wiser if they drop the nfl sponsorship because all the ingrates that play football that put our nation and our service people down by not honoring what veterans have paid and died for I”LL nevr watch another football game again because of thier disrespect for our counntry,and veterans such as mysel.I say yes pull the bud sponsorship from them. and show the 11.00 vets you have working for you some respect.

26. James Edge

October 2, 2017 at 12:33 am

I will not buy any product or services from any sponsor of the NFL, until such time that all players stand for our Flag and Anthem.

27. Herb

October 2, 2017 at 12:45 am

Liberal Left Ideology is using young Black Millionaires
    to supposedly protest racism
    but actually to divide the nation !
    It is actually a serious serious attack against our nation’s founding ideals.

28. Cindi Beal

October 2, 2017 at 1:14 am

End that sponsorship! I will NOT patronize ANYONE that disrespects our country!

29. VYKI C.

October 2, 2017 at 1:18 am

As a veteran who spent 23 years in the Navy I am appalled that Budweiser would have a problem with Americans practicing their legal right of “freedom of speech”. NO MORE BUD IN MY HOUSE!!

30. Jessica Corley

October 2, 2017 at 1:24 am

Please do not stop advertising during NFL Games. I for one have just started drinking your products because of your response to the Natural Disasters in our Country. Please do not let Politics claim you as a victim. Do not let this Administration pressure you to make a poor decision. There are many people who are capable of understanding that this peaceful protest has NEVER been about disrespecting our flag or our Servicemen.

31. Tom

October 2, 2017 at 2:01 am

Screw the NFL,bunch of overpaid, whiny punks who do not know the meaning of true sports or how to be an American..

32. Robert Kerr

October 2, 2017 at 2:08 am

It is time to step it up a little bit. If you want to send your message that kneeling in protest during the national anthem is not alright with you. We need to boycott the NFL sponsors, Anheuser-Busch, Budweiser® Beer, St. Louis, MO
    Anheuser-Busch, Budweiser® Black Crown Lager, St. Louis, MO
    Anheuser-Busch, Select Light Beer, St. Louis, MO
    Anheuser-Busch, Select 55 Light Beer, St. Louis, MO
    Anheuser-Busch, Budweiser® & Clamato® Chelada Flavored Beer, St. Louis, MO
    When Anheuser-Busch pulls their backing we will see a change in this issue and the NFL. The ability to change this issue is in our money and where and how we want to spend it.

33. Catalina Woody

October 2, 2017 at 2:11 am

After the show of “Black Power” today I am through! Can you image if we raised signs saying “White Power” we would be labeled white supremacist. I am sick of all of it! And to think a communist cop killer supporter started all this!

34. Shane

October 2, 2017 at 2:12 am

Leave the NFL this is America we stand for for the Flag and kneel for the fallen!!!

35. Chris Francis

October 2, 2017 at 3:06 am

You have “America” printed boldly on your cans. You know what to do. Always bet on the Red, White and Blue!

36. Steve harsh

October 2, 2017 at 3:11 am

How can you claim to be Americans and still support a bunch of thugs who beat women and all sorts of other crimes and kneel during anthem and say they are the ones that are the victims??????

37. #ISTANDFORTHEFLAGUSA

October 2, 2017 at 3:21 am

So, in other words, If the popular vote is for the protest they would be as well? hmmmm Which ever way the wind blows they will follow. instead of just doing the right thing. They should already know how we feel about this. Heck, We voted in Trump! 😉

38. Susan Price-Jang

October 2, 2017 at 3:47 am

Anheuser-Busch – please continue your advertising for the NFL games. Please support the Constitution which gives us all the right to peacefully protest. The athletes who kneel during the national anthem are NOT disrepecting the flag or the song, or the nation. They protesting in a fine American tradition for the rights of those whose voices have not been heard. Please respect their right to do so. Imagine how upset people here making these comments would be if their right to protest peacefully was taken away. Our right to peacefully protest is what makes us different from most other countries. That right is now endangered and we most protect it. Keep those Bud wagons rolling and the Clydesdales strutting.

39. kelly

October 2, 2017 at 4:00 am

The black power fist was the last straw for me…the NFL is a disgrace to America!!!

40. Karen Horvot

October 2, 2017 at 4:57 am

Do not sponsor those who disrespect our country!

41. Vernon Aurand

October 2, 2017 at 9:57 am

Let it begin…”Death to the NFL”….Bye…bye replace it with something the has respect for American Values!!

42. philip madsen

October 2, 2017 at 9:57 am

disrespret flag and service i am done with football and
    kids and black power

43. joseph crisler

October 2, 2017 at 11:56 am

Stand for America ….. Kneel for the Fallen …. God Bless America …and .. God Bless our Troops !!!! I will NOT watch any ..N.F.L. games or .. support any known sponsors …. sad …but ….true … We would all be fine ..without the N.F.L … but .. how long would we all last …without our Military ????

44. Steve J Ferguson

October 2, 2017 at 12:01 pm

I stand for the ANTHEM !! I drink NO Budweiser. Until, ALL players, coaches stand with hand over heart !!

45. Jackie Wagner

October 2, 2017 at 2:57 pm

We have, for decades, bought Anheuser-Busch produced products, Including Budweiser, but that is coming to a screeching halt if you do not STOP SPONSORING THE NFL. To support their childish nonsense is beyond despicable. To continue to sponsor an organization that allows such childish UNAMERICAN behavior is not something I can or will support. It’s up to you to do the right thing now.

46. Judith

October 2, 2017 at 4:21 pm

, I may not choose to do this, sit or be on my knees for the respect of our flag, but I believe in the first amendment. This is a right. I am also a veteran.

47. Philip

October 2, 2017 at 4:41 pm

Threw the 3 Bud Lights that were in my Frig, into TRASH Can 10 Days AGO. Did NOT watch any Football Sunday… No Problem! I WILL NOT buy ANY Budweiser till I hear they Do NOT sponser the NFL games…… ADD Pepsi………… Papa Johns …… Nike ………………………. GM Trucks ………… Verison Cellular

48. Bobbie

October 2, 2017 at 6:59 pm

Love my Packers but did not like the way they simply linked arms. I strongly disliked the way Aaron tried to justify the response. Too bad they don’t have enough self-esteem to NOT go along to get along. I do hope sponsors remove their $$$. The vast majority of the public do NOT agree with the kneel downs or raised fists in the air.

49. Linda Bounds

October 2, 2017 at 8:59 pm

So disappointed in what is happening in the NFL and the people who will not put a stop to it. Perhaps it will take a big sponsor like yourself to help end this nonsense.

50. George Munroe

October 3, 2017 at 1:40 am

I have a lot of respect for your company as well our Great Country & our Beloved Vets. These R over paid player’s that have no respect of our Great Vets or our Country. I’m sure there r better places to send your money like maybe NASCAR.

51. Mark

October 3, 2017 at 12:45 pm

Boycotting all nfl games for the year and there sponsers!

52. Ray Knoth

October 10, 2017 at 8:00 am

I’m tired of it cuz Budweiser’s not going to end their sponsorship they make way too much money with NFL so might as well forget about it cuz they’re going to end it and you’re right they’re just a bunch of freaking morons and get paid to play with with a little ball

53. Me

October 12, 2017 at 1:43 am

Why is the National Anthem sung at sporting events in the first place?

54. Ron Mastrorocco

January 25, 2018 at 6:11 pm

I used to buy a case of bud sometimes 2 cases a week. I will never drnk your beer again I think you are as anti-American as the nfl players and show no respect to our country or the ones that died giving us the freedom we enjoy. I hope you go out of business because any good American won’t drink your beer anymore.