Dallas Cowboys Owner Officially Banned His Players From Protesting The Anthem

Jerry Jones, the Dallas Cowboys owner, officially banned his players from protesting the anthem. The devoted owner has been very tolerant up till now and now decided to put an end to it.

Unlike the others, he refused to have the media attention just because his players are disrespectful of the anthem. He believes that the Cowboys stand for patriotism, even their nickname is “America’s team.”

Jones said that if any player decided to protest the anthem, he will be gone. The players are complaining about this, and don’t think that owners should be able to fire them for protesting the anthem.

Doug Baldwin, a Seattle Seahawks player, stated that NFL owners “have told their players to do specific things or to not do specific things… regarding the national anthem and the protests.”

He believes that Jones’s threat was “egregious.”

Baldwin is just another disrespectful player, he only wants the media spotlight and doesn’t care about being a helpful society member.

“The one quote that I was informed of was, ‘you’re going to stand on the line with your hand on your heart and you’re going to sing the National Anthem because this is my stage,’” reportedly said Baldwin/

Jones has been a loud critic of the national anthem protest, saying it is a disappointment.

“We strongly, strongly support the flag in every way we support – and it’s almost ridiculous to be saying – the people that for generations and generations that have given it all up so that we can get out on television.”

The people are overreacting about his decision, he has all the rights to implement new rules, and if someone doesn’t like it they can go.

Jason Garrett, the head coach of the Cowboys, agrees with Jones.

“There’s no question in my mind. The national anthem is sacred. Our flag is sacred. And our team has demonstrated that.” he said to reporters at Cowboys training camp in Oxnard, Calif.

Please share this post on Facebook with your thoughts.

What is your opinion on this? Scroll down to comment below!

1. fake news

September 25, 2017 at 7:40 am

Fake News

2. Janice

September 25, 2017 at 7:49 am

I am glad that there is at least one owner who supports our country and our flag! Three cheers for Jerry Jones! If any of the Cowboys decide to go against him, I have no doubt that he will fire them. And I’m sure the majority of responsible citizens and supporters of our country and the men and women who fight for and die for our country, support Jerry Jones and not the overpaid babies who think just because they are big money makers and young people look up to them that they can disrespect the country that allows them the freedom to play football for big money, I wish someone like Jerry Jones would knock those players on their butts and bench them for the season!!

3. bluewren

September 25, 2017 at 8:02 am

Should be more like him with guts and integrity.Don’t think much of the players who objected he should give them the chop.

4. Meredith Baxter

September 25, 2017 at 8:20 am

You are using the sports as revenge against the president. Trust me, you are only hurting yourselves and your fans. Just like throwing a tantrum in the grocery store. It isnt about the store, but a way for a child to get everyone to hear you. Very childish if you ask me. No spits player or movie stars are worth the salaries you get paid anyway.

5. Carlos Quiintas

September 25, 2017 at 8:24 am

Have them all tested for drugs….They must all be on cocaine

6. Elizabeth Kaiser

September 25, 2017 at 10:37 am

I agree with the owner of the Dallas Cowboys.

7. Pamela Winans

September 25, 2017 at 10:39 am

God bless the Dallas Cowboys! Thank you for standing up for your country.

8. CharlesEcho

September 25, 2017 at 10:58 am

On pages A62-63, the NFL’s own league rule book says, “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”

9. michaeline pirrotta

September 25, 2017 at 11:34 am

from this day forward, I will be a die hard Dallas Cowboy fan. Coach, you and your team are already winners…… and I am from Philadelphia PA and ashamed of my state. I predict, the 2018 Super Bowl winners are THE DALLAS COWBOYS…….. God Bless you and God Bless America

10. Terry Correll

September 25, 2017 at 11:59 am

If they are serious and really believe in their cause, these NFL players should be willing to give up their job. So, if they kneel, and are fired….they did it for a “noble” cause.

11. jeffery mick

September 25, 2017 at 12:10 pm

my new team !!!!!!!!!!!!!! mr jones thank you for standing up to these players !!!!!!!!!!

12. don haugen

September 25, 2017 at 12:26 pm

I’m with Jones.

13. B B Kellow

September 25, 2017 at 12:54 pm

God bless the cowboys! Thank you for doing the right thing.

14. D crump

September 25, 2017 at 1:02 pm

Thank you boss! It’s about time someone made their employees tend to the job at hand, showing your political views is not what you get paid to do!

15. Amodica

September 25, 2017 at 1:38 pm

You’re not America’s team in the other 31 cities that play this game you pretentious asswipe. You led the charge against Brady when he had his troubles, now you alibi for Zeke every chance you can.

16. Sally Hinkle

September 25, 2017 at 1:56 pm

Good for him. He has EVERY right as their owner to demand respectful performance from his players on and off the field. They represent something greater than who they are singularly. He makes there job a possibility along with the NFL fan base. Keep up the good work Mr Jones. Put the whiners in time out, or better yet, send them home all together if they can’t play nice.

17. Guy Pope

September 25, 2017 at 2:11 pm

Most of corporate America ban political protest and campaigning while on the job. You can do what ever you want to do outside of work and across the street.
    The NFL in all definitions is a corporation for profit at the expense of the American people.
    The rules should be the same for the player/employees of the NFL, be respectful of your customers, that would be the fans that want to watch you play and do your protesting on your time not at the customer’s expense.

Additionally the United States Flag and the National Anthem have done nothing but support everyone and their individual causes. Disrespect in the name of 1st amendment protest is ludicrous.

Thank you.

18. Mary Dooley

September 25, 2017 at 2:15 pm

I think that while they are on the field or in anyway representing the team, they should be doing the job they were paid to do-play football. Their rights are guaranteed through our constitution. They can obtain a permit and have a legal protest like the rest of America. Their air time is paid for by sponsors. Without this they would not be in front of millions of viewers. This is not what the sponsored are paying for. Everyone sitting in the stands has paid to see a football game. A time to relax with friends and family. This disrespectful display is not what they paid to see and many find it offensive. Everyday I read the news and some new call for a boycott is being called for because someone was offended. Last week it was Hobby Lobby because they sell cotton. My great grandmother and most of her family picked cotton. It put food on the table.
    I have not seen nor heard of anything any of these players have done to start a positive dialogue on how to better their cause.
    For the majority of US businesses, this type of action while on the job would be grounds for dismissal. Not having anything to do with are you right or wrong, it is simply not the time or place for this kind of behavior.

19. Edward Calvert

September 25, 2017 at 2:15 pm

Jerry Jones has taken an outstanding move regarding this manner. Thank you Jerry. Sit on the bench in the locker room until ready for the coin toss then come o the field and play. That’s what you’re paid the outrageous money you get. I don’t care if the discontinue the season this year. You would see real quick who still want to stand.

20. Susan

September 25, 2017 at 2:16 pm

Found This online….
    Take a knee?

Take a little trip to Valley Forge in January. If you don’t know where that is, just Google it from the sidelines. Hold a musket ball in your fingers and imagine it piercing your flesh and breaking a bone or two. There won’t be a doctor or trainer to assist you until after the battle, so just wait your turn. Take your cleats and socks off to get a real experience. Then take a knee.

Then, take one at the beach in Normandy where man after American man stormed the beach, even as the one in front of him was shot to pieces…the very sea stained with American blood. The only blockers most had were the dead bodies in front of them, riddled with bullets from enemy fire.

Take a knee in the sweat soaked jungles of Vietnam. from Khe San to Saigon… Anywhere will do. REAL Americans died in all those jungles. There was no playbook that told them what was next, but they knew what flag they represented. When they came home, they were protested as well..and spit on for reasons only cowards know.

Take another knee in the blood drenched sands of Fallujah in 110 degree heat.. Wear your Kevlar helmet and battle dress… Your number won’t be printed on it unless your number is up! You’ll need to stay hydrated but there won’t be anyone to squirt Gatorade into your mouth. You’re on your own.

There’s a lot of places to take a knee. Real Americans have given their lives all over the world. When you use the banner under which they fought as a source for your displeasure, you dishonor the memories of those who bled for the very freedoms you have. That’s what the red stripes mean. It represents the blood of those who spilled a sea of it defending your liberty.

While you’re on your knee, pray for those that came before you, not on a manicured lawn striped and printed with numbers to announce every inch of ground taken…but on nameless hills and bloodied beaches and sweltering forests and bitter cold mountains…every inch marked by an American life lost serving that flag you protest.

No cheerleaders, no announcers, no coaches, no fans…just American men and women…delivering the real fight against those who chose to harm us…blazing a path so you would have the right to “take a knee.”

You haven’t an inkling what it took to get you where you are; but your “protest” is duly noted. Not only is it disgraceful to a nation of real heroes, it serves the purpose of pointing to your ingratitude for those who chose to defend you under that banner that will still wave long after your jersey is issued to another…

If you really feel the need to take a knee, come with me to church on Sunday and we’ll both kneel before Almighty God. We’ll thank Him for preserving this country for as long as He has. We’ll beg forgiveness for our ingratitude for all He has provided us. We’ll appeal to Him for understanding and wisdom. We’ll pray for liberty and justice for all…because He is the one who provides those things.
    And there will be no protest. There will only be gratitude for His provision and a plea for His continued grace and mercy on the land of the free and the home of the brave. It goes like this…

GOD BLESS AMERICA!

21. Jim Austin

September 25, 2017 at 2:28 pm

of course it is scriptural! GOD has given a birthright to America. Ours is the only beacon of HOPE in a world shrouded in darkness of unbelief. To honor our flag”UNDER GOD” is a privilege and to do otherwise is totally unacceptable. I pray this to be true. I pray other owners of NFL teams will follow suit. My message to my Cowboys comes from the Holy Bible. Joshua said, “I know not whom ye may serve,but as for me and my house, we shall serve the Lord.” For further proof, in 2 Chronicles, GOD says,”If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and forgive their sin and heal their land.” Right on, Brother Jones! Right on!

22. Mark Rostetter

September 25, 2017 at 2:33 pm

Seems someone posted A62-63 in the NFL rule book if this is true their is a policy about the Flag and the Anthem . If true Rodger Goodsell you need to grow a pair and have all your players show respect for our country and flag …….They should regardless .

23. Lavona Areno

September 25, 2017 at 2:39 pm

I agree whole heartedly. its about a game. not supposed to be political!!. IF THEY WANT TO PROTEST DO IT IN A MORE APPROPRIATE SETTING.

• Linda Hammonf

September 25, 2017 at 5:23 pm

I also agree with the owner, do what he wants or leave!

• Mike Shover

September 25, 2017 at 6:36 pm

Right on the mark… goodbye NFL

• Sgt. Clerl m hayes

September 26, 2017 at 7:43 pm

They were never my favorite team but they are moving that way go Jerry

24. Ken Crockett

September 25, 2017 at 2:40 pm

I think it’s an embarrassment to any country to use a sports venue to protest against the national anthem

25. Tom Moore

September 25, 2017 at 2:59 pm

God bless Jerry Jones and the Dallas Cowboys and
    God bless the United States of america!

26. Mike

September 25, 2017 at 3:00 pm

This is exactly what the rest of these imbeciles are thinking that when you’re an Entertainer you still maintain the freedom of speech. This is a business in both situations it has to be maintained for the fans sake you don’t voice your opinion as far as how you feel you maintain a script or a feature that the fan wants to see that’s all.
    They are not Scholars set on top of a pillar that we bond to every morning when we get up.
    Thinking lets give them freedom of speech so we can understand them better and they can give us their wisdom for tomorrow.
    I don’t think so, they drive cars they chase balls around a field and up and down the court come on.
    I can’t walk that line and I’m not that stupid. I am fully capable of creating my own opinion and maintaining how I want to structure any protest for my community.
    I will give them that right and that freedom to voice their opinion after they leave their jobs on any particular subject they want to choose.
    As the great Jim Brown running back for Cleveland Browns said I’ll create the situation I hope you follow.

27. Wade theriot

September 25, 2017 at 3:03 pm

It’s sad to watch millionaires act like they are hurting . Jerry Jones is doing the right thing. All other owners need to follow his lead including the president of the NFL . Go Trump

28. John roundtree

September 25, 2017 at 3:10 pm

I just became as Dallas fan..i believe j.j. is doing the best thing…. those FUCKING football players think they run the show….there is plenty more players elsewhere..Go Jerry…

29. William Churchill

September 25, 2017 at 3:12 pm

If they will not salute the flag or stand for the National Anthem, we will not support them!!!

30. barb van fleet

September 25, 2017 at 3:56 pm

My hat is off to this brave man.God bless you.

31. BARB CONNOR

September 25, 2017 at 4:18 pm

I AFREE.

32. Craig

September 25, 2017 at 4:35 pm

It’s a simple fix for the self-serving disrespect.

• Trudy

September 25, 2017 at 9:51 pm

Thank you for setting these standards!! If any of the NFL players or anyone doesn’t like the United States if America…LEAVE!! And don’t come back until you live her and what she stands for!!

33. nancy

September 25, 2017 at 5:19 pm

I think they should be fired and taken off the field as soon as their knee hits the ground…NO EXCEPTIONS

34. Carl landes

September 25, 2017 at 5:41 pm

They should be fired

35. John

September 25, 2017 at 6:13 pm

I agree whole heartedly

36. Lisa

September 25, 2017 at 6:52 pm

I’m a Cowboys fan and I disagree with Jerry Jones!! They should be able to kneel if they want to stand up for the injustices going on!

37. E E Phillips

September 25, 2017 at 7:09 pm

I understand there is something already in play that states the National Anthem be played at all events and everyone that plays be on the field

38. Bill Bergeron

September 25, 2017 at 7:32 pm

Bill Bergeron Like I said in my last post on this subject, the Cowboys’ owner Mr Jones is the man that stands up for America. He alerted his players before season opener that he wouldn’t tolerate his players showing disrespect to America, The US flag or Veterans on his playing field. I just wish that he wasn’t an owner because I earlier mentioned that he would be a great NFL Commissioner.The League needs a Commissioner with guts and common sense. Thank you Mr. Jones.

39. Carol

September 25, 2017 at 7:47 pm

Carol

40. JP

September 25, 2017 at 7:55 pm

I am not a big fan of Jerry Jones, that being said I have a ton of respect for him and the way he has handled this situation. The NFL or any other professional league, team or player should be thankful they have a country that has provided the opportunity for them to thrive and make a very great living. Hats off to Alejandro Villanueva of the Pittsburgh Steelers, an ex army ranger and three tour veteran of war in Afghanistan for stepping up and respecting our country, the flag and all those who have sacrificed so much for our great nation. The rest of the league should follow your lead!

41. Roy Coats

September 25, 2017 at 8:06 pm

I agree with Jones and he has a new cowboy fan.

42. Sandy Foreman

September 25, 2017 at 8:27 pm

Proud of him!

43. Connie Wegmann

September 25, 2017 at 8:43 pm

I just got a new favorite team!

44. Tammy

September 25, 2017 at 9:52 pm

The cowboys are the only team I will watch as Jerry Jones is the only one to stand up for what’s right. Thank you Mr Jones!!

45. Jim Roberts

September 25, 2017 at 10:09 pm

I wish more owners would take ownership and put an end to the protesting. It has no place in the NFL. work through your politicians like the rest of us have to.these entitled babies making millions while people are starving are egregious. I love football season but I’m really not interested anymore. We play to the media and the media feeds the war. I’m out.

46. Paul

September 25, 2017 at 10:21 pm

I’d like to all of the other team owners join with Jerry and put an end to this. It is not good for the NFL and not good for their brands.

47. Anassthia

September 25, 2017 at 10:30 pm

At least there is one NFL OWNER THAT DOES NOT TOLERATE THIS PETTY BULLSHIT AND HAS THE GUTS TO STAND UP FOR AMERICA AND PATRIOTISM AND FOR ALL THE FALLEN AND MAMED SOLDIERS FROM MANY WARS PAST. THESE GUYS ARE PAID BIG BUCKS TO PLAY FOOTBALL NOT PROTEST. THEY CAN PROTEST ON THEIR OWN DIME. THIS PROTESTING IS CAUSING A LOSS OF INTEREST IN FOOTBALL IF THINGS DONT CHANGE SOON PLAYERES AND TEAMS WILL LOOSE MILLIONS OF FANS WHICH ADDS UP TO MILLIONS OF DOLLARS.

• Christina Martin

September 29, 2017 at 8:07 am

Amen I agree that is what it has always been out. I believe in freedom of speech and rights. But that is their work place and in every handbook, contract and guide at an establishment, There is a time and place…. The football field is not the time or the place. They didn’t do it 5 or 10 years ago… Hell 60 years ago. The players back then fought hard to get a play or step on the field. Don’t start now. Playing in the league for millions of dollars (A Game ) is a privilegde and the media isn’t helping talking about it 2 quarters of the game. I want hear stats and plays. Football needs to be football. People who got cut because they were a second too slow would love to be in the position. Hell I would… They didn’t do nothing like this when other playery were beating on their wives or girlfriends… They surely didn’t do it when they got locked up. Stand up and be proud that you have the freedom to play the sport and decades of soliders fought hard for them to be in the sport and the privilegde to be apart something they dreamed of since they were in peewee. Be proud to be talented and get paid for it.

48. Bobby

September 25, 2017 at 11:15 pm

I’m a Veteran who fought and defend this Country with all my life and I had brothers and sisters who fought and lost their live so that we can all walk on the street with no fear, our children, and our grand children can play on the playground safely and here are the snut who are spoiled athletes who getting paid big dough and don’t realize the prize of FREEDOM, ther’s a precious Blood that been shed so that we all can have wonderful life called FREEDOM and here are spoiled athletes whose parents who spare the rod and doesn’t know how to behave and our Commander in Chief spunk them while disrespecting their own flag and they cry like a wimp. The teaching of a child is done at home not someone tell them to behave that is embarrassing. We Respect our Flag that Unify us not to disrespect the Flag, because we don’t even know that we might have arelatives that shed their precious life so that we can all have Freedom here in America One Nation Under God.

49. Eddie thomas

September 25, 2017 at 11:54 pm

God bless a man that stands up for his country. I support completely and wish other owners would follow he’s lead.

50. Robert Tackney

September 26, 2017 at 1:09 am

someone with some brains

51. T.J.KAZMIERCZAK

September 26, 2017 at 1:55 am

I AGREE WITH OUR PRESIDENT “FIRE THE SONS OF BITCHES”T.J.KAZMIERCZAK

52. Annette

September 26, 2017 at 2:16 am

Right on, you tell’em Jerry, I totally agree!!

53. Joanne

September 26, 2017 at 2:22 am

Thi k that he is a great American and good for him to take a stand!

54. Myrna Smith

September 26, 2017 at 2:29 am

I’m a fan of the games and will boycott!!
    I have no problem canceling my NFL. We the fan pay too much!
    They play to entertain and highly paid!!

55. Deborah Hogan

September 26, 2017 at 3:17 am

Thank you for taking a stand over this nonsense. I admire your strength & common sense

56. Bill Robinson

September 26, 2017 at 3:30 am

Protesting while on the job subjects anyone to termination. Why should football players be any different. I am not a Cowboys fan, but respect the class Jerry Jones shows

57. Brad

September 26, 2017 at 3:31 am

Love the strength in their convictions

58. Rudy

September 26, 2017 at 3:34 am

Though I don’t agree that kneeling down during the anthem is the right thing to do – people do have the right to protest. That’s a constitutional right. When you threaten people for protesting peacefully – whether you agree with them or not – you’re forcing people to protest w violence.

59. Norrup

September 26, 2017 at 3:36 am

I’m glad someone is putting our Anthem first

60. Reba

September 26, 2017 at 6:43 am

God Bless you Mr. Jones for doing the right thing.

61. Juggalotus

September 26, 2017 at 7:51 am

You dense STUPID fucks. He JUST knelt with every single member of his team before a game. He is FOR the protest. Dumb fucks.

62. Joe

September 26, 2017 at 11:01 am

Know your flag and what it stands for..
    Also..know a Trumpite post when you see one..
    Shame you can’t post photo’s here..picture of Jerry Jones kneeling with the team..last game

63. Jose M Flores

September 26, 2017 at 3:04 pm

If he really believes that, then why did he knelled on Monday night football. I am totally thru with pro football. I will never return to watch it in any form. Even if I get a free ticket. I’ll burn it instead

64. Curtis

September 26, 2017 at 6:32 pm

Not only ban them from sports,deport them from our contrey for good!

65. Bob Roberts

September 26, 2017 at 8:08 pm

Bull Shit, on 09/25, Monday Night Football, The whole team, including Jerry Jones took a knee. Granted he then had everyone stand up for the Anthem. This is the action of speaking out of both sides of your face.

66. Tekrad

September 26, 2017 at 10:05 pm

This story is BS. Jones was just kneeling with those arrogant millionaire Niggers at the last game. He is “down” with the horribly oppressed playaz!

67. Lynne Sposito

September 26, 2017 at 10:15 pm

I think he needs to offer that Steeler, former Ranger, West Point grad, 2 tours in Afghanistan a job! I know of no other workplace that allows people to protest on their employers time!

68. jerry jones

September 26, 2017 at 11:01 pm

Amazingly fake news!! Where do people come up with this shit??

69. Chuck/Retired Vietnam/Navy Vet

September 27, 2017 at 5:45 am

I do not care if the stand, sing the National Anthem, they have already displayed their true feelings about our flag, country and the President. So now they will stand and sing the National Anthem for the almighty dollar not for respect. I call the being a Hypocrit to the max.

70. Sharon

September 27, 2017 at 9:52 am

All the owners should do what Jerry Jones is doing. All the fans should send their comments about this disrespectful situation directly to Roger Goodell. email address [email protected] Maybe if enough people speak out something will be done. Also hit the NFL where it hurts…. don’t attend any NFL games.

71. Henry Meguess

September 27, 2017 at 3:24 pm

Nothing anyone says matters. My family and I canceled out NFL ticket with Direct TV and will not watch football this year. I also wrote my congressman and asked that no more govertment funds be given to the NFL. Many people do not know that the NFL gets a lot of money from the government(tax Payers)

• Rusty

September 28, 2017 at 2:06 pm

This story is bullshit. Jones knelt with his players Sunday. These stories are circulated because NFL teams are in full panick mode. As they should be. We cancelled our DIRECTV ticket as well. We are done with nfl.

• Betty Hord

September 29, 2017 at 2:11 am

agree no more moneyfrom govt funds ….this is getting out of hand

72. Henry Meguess

September 27, 2017 at 3:26 pm

There is actually a stand rule on the NFL books that says all players will stand straight helmet in left hand during the National Anthem

73. Suzanne

September 27, 2017 at 3:47 pm

Finally…someone understands that athletics are entertainment and people spend a lot of money on them. We do not go to events to get schooled. They are getting paid for a job…entertainment…do it or get fired!

74. Lucian Bane

September 27, 2017 at 7:27 pm

all I can say is woooop THERE IT IS.

75. Frank

September 27, 2017 at 8:23 pm

Simple fact…. There at work and there are rules and regulations that you follow when your at work. If you don’t like those rules and regulations you have a choice…..quit work and go d another job that allows you to air your PERSONAL opinions / protest on a nationally televised platform…..LOL good luck in finding that one you spoiled over paid babies.

76. ERod

September 28, 2017 at 3:03 am

If you dont want politics in the nfl than just remove the national anthem from it all together and play football its a pretty simple solution for both sides is it not? Let football be just that a sport with ZERO politics involved. Save the anthem for political venues….but people rather make a big deal about it because they can and love the drama.

77. LKF

September 28, 2017 at 5:53 pm

I hope this is true, haven’t seen anything on tv but that’s no surprise.

78. Betty Crane

September 28, 2017 at 9:01 pm

Fire the SB’s. There is no place in America for this

79. Gerald

September 28, 2017 at 10:33 pm

If I am an employee and my boss put out certain directives and I choose not to obey them the boss has the right to fire me

80. Diane Britton

September 29, 2017 at 6:30 am

Me. Jerry Jones, I’m very proud of you. It’s your team, your the boss and you have earned my total respect. God Bless you and all our service people.

81. Alphaxi3