Dems Under Fire for ‘Childish Crop Job’ Cutting Melania Trump out of Viral Barbara Bush Funeral Photo

Democrats in Lubbock, Texas, are facing backlash from social media users after cropping first lady Melania Trump out of a now-viral photo from former first lady Barbara Bush’s funeral and sharing it on the party’s Facebook page.

The original photo features Trump alongside former Presidents George H.W. Bush, Bill Clinton, George W. Bush and Barack Obama as well as former first ladies Hillary Clinton, Laura Bush and Michelle Obama. However, the group’s version suspiciously cut Trump out:

View image on Twitter

After facing a plethora of negative comments, party officials said the cropping was unintentional. The edited photo has since been deleted and replaced with the original. Party leaders issued the following apology:

I apologize for the confusion. There were two pictures posted side by side and I must have grabbed the wrong one. Melania was not purposely excluded nor was this meant to be a controversial post. I meant to change it but became busy. Once again, I apologize.

Posted by Lubbock Democratic Party Headquarters on Wednesday, April 25, 2018

However, Facebook users clearly weren’t buying the excuse and took to the comments section to continue expressing their anger.

“Childish crop job,” one commenter wrote, while another added, “We all know you did this on purpose. Extremely pathetic.”

Watch Melania Trump arrive at Barbara Bush’s funeral:

Even liberals came to Trump’s defense, with one person writing, “I support this organization and I am as liberal as they come but you should have posted the original picture without cropping the photo.”

“This pettiness is why people hate politics & don’t want to be involved in them,” another person wrote. “This pettiness costs valuable voices & votes. I don’t know who is responsible for posting pics on this page, but shame on them for altering the real photo.”

Continue Reading

1. Nancy Farris

April 29, 2018 at 3:06 am

Keep it up dems. The American people know better and they can see what libs are all about. We will see you guys at the polls.

2. Barbara

April 29, 2018 at 3:06 am

Whatever they ccan to cast a bad lght on the Trump family.

3. Sandra Willoughby

April 29, 2018 at 3:09 am

Whoever the idiot was that cropped that picture and then apologized for it, saying it was a mistake is a ‘NUMBER ONE, GRADE A, DAMNED LIER.’ You know you did that on purpose and you should be ashamed of yourself. When are you left, liberal idiots going to grow up and stop picking on Melania. You just have to make yourself feel better about yourself, by putting down, picking on and bullying this wonderful woman.

• Indra

April 29, 2018 at 3:21 am

Very well said!! Melania Trump is a very beautiful and classy First Lady!! What she did for First Lady Barbara Bush Funeral ” Mother of all Mothers” was so unbelievable and representing her Husband President Donald Trump among so many Past Presidents I am sure was not an easy Job. Great Job First Lady Melania!! Love you.

4. Ellender Brown

April 29, 2018 at 3:09 am

No wonder the American people hate the Dem. They are Evil, Nasty , people. They act like a bunch of kids. To push their Agenda . SICK OF THEM

5. Marcia J Hyer

April 29, 2018 at 3:19 am

KEEP SEEING THE RUDE LIBERALS MISTREAT PRESIDENT TRUMP AND HIS LOVELY WIFE. SO RUDE AND CRUDE NO MANNERS IN THE DEMOCRATS EVER. WHAT A SHAME. OUR PRESIDENT AND HIS WIFE ARE SO CLASSY SO UNLIKE THE PAST PRESIDENT AND HIS MATE. SO ASHAMED OF THE WAY OUR PRESIDENT AND HIS WIFE ARE TREATED BY THE MEDIA AND THE LIBERALS. VERY WRONG OF YOU TO CROP HER OUT. THEN TRY TO COVER IT UP SO STUPID OF YOU!

6. Sharon Young

April 29, 2018 at 3:32 am

They are nothing but liars and hypocrites. See you at the polls, assholes!

7. Bobbi Henderson

April 29, 2018 at 3:35 am

Democrats ~ Can’t you folks do anything right? I do not believe a word that you say anymore! I think most of America is beginning to get a bit fed up with people attacking First Lady, Melania Trump in any number of ways (it is something almost every week)… show some class.

8. Charity GILES

April 29, 2018 at 3:37 am

honest mistake my ass!

9. Nick Carter

April 29, 2018 at 3:43 am

As hard as the Dimtards try, they just keep screwing up 😉

10. Olivia Pikus

April 29, 2018 at 3:57 am

This is the most humiliating Thing I have ever seen in all my Years of Politics “” I would never vote for a Democrat again. I’m not a Republican or Democrat, but this is totally unacceptable !!!!!

11. paulette

April 29, 2018 at 4:31 am

WHAT A FLIPPING LIAR,THATS ALL THEY KNOW HOW TO DO,CHEAT STEAL AND LIE,DISGUSTING AND YOU SHOULD BE FIRED FOR THAT STUNT

12. Cathy

May 5, 2018 at 8:51 pm

The Demorats and their followers are idiots.