BOYCOTT! Dick’s Learns Painful Lesson After Attacking the 2nd Amendment

After the shooting at a Parkland, Florida high school in February, progressives launched an anti-gun pressure campaign against various corporations to push them to implement gun control demands in lieu of legislative action.

One demand was that retail outlets that sell firearms — especially “evil assault weapons” like the incredibly common semi-automatic AR-15 rifles — not sell guns or ammunition to anyone under the age of 21. Dick’s Sporting Goods and their affiliated Field & Stream locations quickly acquiesced to this demand.

Dick’s announced that so-called “assault weapons” would no longer be sold in any of their Field & Stream stores and introduced a new company-wide policy that prohibits the sale of all firearms to legal adults between the ages of 18-20.

But according to a report from Fortune, that move appears to have majorly backfired, as the decision to limit the sale of firearms has led to a significant decrease in sales across the board.

The retail outlet’s stock value plummeted to its lowest point in four months after their latest quarterly report revealed that both profits and sales had fallen short of expectations.

Shares of stock in Dick’s, which had initially risen as much as 13 percent this year, dropped by 7.3 percent in recent post-report trading. That came on the heels of news that fourth quarter profit per share and total shares had missed their projections.

It was also revealed that same-store sales had declined far more than predicted. Despite the bad news, the company remained optimistic and planned to open several new stores and posted bold predictions for increased profit and sales going forward.

Of course, Fortune and others largely dismissed the effect the new anti-gun policies had on the slumping sales numbers and pointed to other problems Dick’s has already been facing, such as increased competition and high prices on overstocked items, according to National Review.

Dick’s anti-gun stance has been largely attributed to the revelation that the Parkland shooter had legally purchased one of his weapons — not the one used in the massacre — at a Dick’s store, a fact which prompted the retail outlet to implement their ban on so-called “assault weapons” and “high capacity magazines.”

“Thoughts and prayers are not enough,” proclaimed the company in a statement announcing the new policies. “We support and respect the Second Amendment, and we recognize and appreciate that the vast majority of gun owners in this country are responsible, law-abiding citizens. But we have to help solve the problem that’s in front of us.”

Obviously that message didn’t comport with what they proceeded to do, and it would seem that plenty of customers took note of the double-speak and took their business elsewhere.

“There’s going to be some pushback and we expected that,” stated CEO Edward Stack to Wall Street analysts, according to CNN. “There are going to be the people who don’t shop us anymore for anything.”

Stack further predicted that the move was “not going to be positive from a traffic standpoint and a sales standpoint.” Boy, did that prediction turn out to be correct.

RELATED: The View: Trump “Bully” but Biden “Chivalrous” for Talk about Beating Him up

This is what happens when virtue-signaling corporations wade into the culture wars and pick one side over the other … they tend to get burned by those they have aligned against.

If Dick’s had gone against the liberals demanding they infringe upon the rights of law-abiding citizens and stood strong, they quite likely would have seen an increase in sales numbers as they would have been rewarded for their stance by the legion of gun owners and purchasers in heartland America. Even if they had simply remained silent and not picked a side at all, their numbers likely would have remained steady.

Instead, they choose a side, and they chose poorly. Now they must suffer the financial consequences they brought upon themselves.

What do you think? Scroll down to comment below!

1. Elder Citizen

March 24, 2018 at 4:58 pm

my coffee cup is an assault weapon if i throw it at someone. i am thankful not EVERYONE has completely lost their minds … yet

• flip one over

March 29, 2018 at 2:58 am

I, in the past and most recently shopped DICKS, Never, not ever will I shop there again.

• Dusty

March 31, 2018 at 4:42 am

Everybody step back take a deep breath and let these businesses ck out what is the whole story not just react to a few trying to say it is the guns? Now I see a few advertisers leave Laura per this kid in Fla. and all he is saying and how nasty he has gotten to be. Not just this age group what can you say about the shooter in Vegas so old? We send our soldiers age 18 to fight and kill? So now you do this in a store ? See this one young guy in Texas bombs he wanted to die in a McDonalds and kill a bunch? I understand the frustration of these young people and their friends who were killed like wild animals and no way to fight back. How do I an old lady say in my time no one hardly ever shot anyone. New horrible time we face and much is mentally ill and no one did enough to stop or help? So for now come together all these businesses and talk and stop this PC and what can be done. This is just more of splitting all of us. I can now boycott all of those who have dropped ads on Laura Ingraham so works both ways. What is accomplished. Roseanne show kind of said lets talk and come together on what we believe and stop this insanity ?

• Don Demoto

March 29, 2018 at 6:29 am

Statistics from the FBI, 374 people killed by rifles (included alot of gang on gang instances), 1,604 people killed with “knives or cutting instruments…hey Dicks why dont you get rid of those Knives as well, 100% Concealable unlike and AR15 and dozens of times more deadly. A shotgun the kid bought from Dicks would have killed at least 3:! as the AR15 and injured 10:1 easily, the kid chose the wrong weapon thank God, so is Dicks going to ban their Shotgun sales, doesn’t matter read on where I bought my new shotgun. Dicks opened a store in Morgan Hill Ca last year in a spot where a Circuit City and several others have failed. Only a few blocks away from me, I bought ammo from them and was about to get a Mossberg 500…no more ammo, no more anything else and, definitely no Mossberg 500, I went up the hwy to Bass Pro Shops Mega Store that opened last year and got it from them. I did go into Dicks, look over the Mossberg their and told them I was driving up to Bass Pro t buy it! This town is to small, other than guns why go into a sports store thats 90% way over priced yuppie phony “sports clothing’ when theres plenty of stores around that sell the same thing far cheaper, plus a Big Five sporting goods store in town, it has tons of traffic…Poor old Dicks..not so much. This store will be closed within a year, if that long. Guns was all they really had and through that away.

2. Richard Misel Jr

March 24, 2018 at 7:11 pm

GOOD. It’s time that anti-America libturds learn you do NOT mess with the constitutional RIGHT’S of the American people.!

3. Charles Costa

March 24, 2018 at 7:21 pm

The evil left wing progressive’s have labeled the NRA as a terrorist organization and organization supported by the Russians???? What a stretch that was. I will not shop at stores who take away American rights to purchase rifles or ammunition. There are other dealers who have brains.

• karen

March 26, 2018 at 1:33 am

right on.

• William

March 26, 2018 at 4:13 am

i bought many, many things like bar bells & weights, tread mills, sport equipment, Sport paraphernalia sweat clothes jerseys tenis shoes, ball gloves ect including several guns,& ammunition.
      Dicks was my go to store ALWAYS.
      NEVER AGAIN !!!!
      I pledged to never ever set foot in their stores or any store affiliated with Dicks.!!!!!

4. John Campbell

March 24, 2018 at 10:58 pm

Back in 1985 I purchased a new AR15A2 at a Dicks Sporting Goods. It was a very small corner store in a trip mall. Hardly enough room for 5 shoppers at a time. I’m not even sure if the store was affiliated then and that store has since many years ago been gone. Today Dick’s Sporting Goods beings bad feelings for it’s anti Second Amendment stance and this is not only due to this most recent of events. Dick’s Sporting Goods has a history for supporting lefty causes.
    Suffice it to say that after my initial 1985 purchase I’ve made no purchase of any kind from a Dick’s Sporting Goods since. Somehow I don’t see that changing any time in the near future either.

• John Campbell

March 24, 2018 at 11:00 pm

This forum really needs a feature for fixing typos, such as an edit button. Just saying.

• Mandy

March 26, 2018 at 12:45 am

I hate sites that don’t allow corrections and many times I don’t post comments just because no corrections allowed. I always often mistype a word no matter how much I proof a comment. I’m getting up in age and brain-fade goes to my fingers at times. Plus they should add an up and down approval/disapproval click which is enjoyable to watch whether it is your comment or someone else’s. I don’t use FB and that is why I really like the Disqus comment site.

• Alan Falk

March 26, 2018 at 8:01 am

Mandy, I’ve been advocating for not only Up and Down arrows (which are really vague as to what the reader is trying to communicate…)

I suggest “I Agree” and “I disagree” buttons for starters and maybe some “Spot ON!” and “BS!” selections, too.

But in either or all cases, a vote without an explanation of WHY you agree or disagree is just fishing for Agreement and that’s not the hallmark of a real “discussion,” let alone ‘argument’… 😀

• Steven

March 26, 2018 at 1:37 am

PROOF READ BEFORE HITTING THE REPLY BUTTON.

• Alan Falk

March 26, 2018 at 8:02 am

… and add “Edit” button next to the post, as SO MANY OTHER sites do…

5. Alton Clark

March 24, 2018 at 11:10 pm

I bought one of the last guns that SEARS sold and I told them then it wasn’t going to end well for them, it took years but look at them now!

6. Phil White

March 24, 2018 at 11:11 pm

I don’t plan to enter a “Dick’s” Store ever again at this point and neither one of their Field and Stream stores

7. rev_dave

March 24, 2018 at 11:17 pm

I agree, although I think messing with rights is the bottom line, and that the root cause is fear of lawsuits bankrupting the company. Just as those Sandy Hook parents keep trying to sue the gun manufacturers just to bankrupt them with legal defense fees.

So we all need to hang tough and buy anything we used to buy at Dick’s somewhere else. The lawsuit(s) will come soon enough to eat into Dick’s pockets, and with a big drop in sales, their demise may well signal to other retailers that Americans are serious about the Second Amendment.

8. Esther Gee

March 24, 2018 at 11:17 pm

No one is messing with your Constitutional Rights to bear arms! However, automatic and semi-automatic weapons are not needed in anyone’s home nor are they needed for any form of sports hunting! These weapons should be in the hands of law enforcement and armed forces ONLY!! Restricting these weapons from the common household does not assail or deny your Constitutional Rights! AND All sales of firearms should undergo a thorough check of the buyer(s)!!

• Hirochan

March 25, 2018 at 10:53 am

Your statement is restricting the right of a person who wishes to own automatic or semi-automatic weapons. Even if they become illegal, do you think the mentally ill person or the criminal will not have them? It’s not the law-abiding citizens, the Second Amendment, the NRA, or any of the “blamed” entities that go around killing innocent people. The mentally ill and the criminals will get any weapon they want, and they don’t abide by the law. If you start restrictions, little by little, our rights will be taken away.

• Tigger

March 29, 2018 at 2:01 pm

Is taking a driving test before you can dive a car a violation of your rights?
        Does being denied drinks in a bar if you’re under 18 (or whatever) constitute a violation of your rights?
        Is it a violation of your rights if you cannot vote when you’re five years old?
        If your driving licence is suspended for persistent DUIs is that a violation of your rights?
        Of course it is.
        So why have you never campaigned for those rights, too? (Or why would you not?)

• Derek Greenert

March 25, 2018 at 1:59 pm

The 2nd admendment is not about our right to hunt. It is about our right to defend against a repressive tyrannical government or criminals. Responsible gun owners have every right to own an AR-15 to defend ourselves against any threat. Taking that right makes everyone less safe because a criminal is going to use guns in any capacity and with no right to defend yourself your dead. Why should my rights be trampled due to the actions of a crazy person?

• karen

March 26, 2018 at 1:39 am

libtards LIE!!!

• Eric Twickler

March 25, 2018 at 2:25 pm

Of course they and you are messing with my civil and Constitutional right to keep and bear arms that are lawful to be sold and purchased in the United States.

You obviously do not know what a semi automatic rifle is and the difference between a semi automatic and an automatic firearm. Perhaps you might learn the very significant differences before making further comments.

• Jaime Spencer Roman

March 25, 2018 at 11:00 pm

Who TF are you to tell me what I need in my house?

• Ray Sears

March 29, 2018 at 3:55 am

You say that automatic and semi-automatic weapons are not needed in anyone’s home nor are they needed for any form of sports hunting ! And you say that they should only be in the hands of law enforcement and the armed forces ! and you also say that restricting these these weapons does not assail nor deny my Constitutional Rights.I say that you are totally wrong. I say that I have the Constitutional Right to possess any item that i may legally possess weather you like that fact or not, because you can not dictate my behaviour because you don’t like it. I own several semi-automatic firearms, because I chose to do so, and because I can do so legally. The 2nd Amendment clearly states that my rights under it SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED as you wish them to be. You have the right to your opinions and I have my Constitutional Rights that trump your opinion no matter what you wish or believe, so I win this one and you are still free to spout your foolishness.

• Bob N.

March 30, 2018 at 6:06 am

Esther, I don’t know how old you are or how much you know about gun laws but Automatic weapons became illegal for regular citizens to own back in the 1930’s. To buy and own a fully automatic weapon, you have to have a special permit from the government. Citizens can own semi-automatic weapons(whether rifle or handgun)that fires one bullet per trigger pull. The street gangs and criminals don’t get their guns from a legal gun dealer, they get their Mac-10’s and fully automatic Glocks from the black market.
      I agree with you on the background checks and I don’t see anything wrong with a 3 day waiting period to pick it up. At these gun shows the purchased guns can be given to the local law enforcement and the buyer can pick it up there. The state I grew-up in had a 3-day waiting period back in the ’70’s and it didn’t bother me to wait when I bought my BI-CENTENNIAL revolver with “The 200th year of American Liberty” stamped on the side of it.

• gone flying

March 31, 2018 at 1:13 am

I suggest (you) go try to buy a gun and see for yourself what it’s like to purchase that rifle or pistol. It’s very obvious to me that you do not have much information concerning gun laws registered in your Cranium. have no fear Google has it all. Also you can look up all the good stuff at NRA web site. Nope don’t have to be a member, but please educate yourself before making comments on-line or anywhere else for that matter. wow I would love to own a Automatic weapon say like a mg-42 old buzzsaw!. If someone wants to loan me some money for that endeavor I’ll gladly take it.

• Ted

March 31, 2018 at 8:34 am

Not needed in anyone’s home? Let’s say a perp breaks into my home. He’s got a gun with an 18 round magazine. So what would you have in my home then? My AR-15 has 30 round magazines–you think I shouldn’t have the advantage over the home invader? And you probably think a handgun is good enough? It could be with proper training and it is definitely better than nothing. But a rifle has a clear advantage in stopping a bad guy.

And what do you mean not messing with my Constitutional rights to bear arms? The libs want to take away this right completely.

• Darlene

March 31, 2018 at 2:52 pm

What about the criminals and mentally ill. They will find the guns. They dont care about laws.

9. L harvey

March 24, 2018 at 11:18 pm

Libtards can support you as I will not!

10. Zeek

March 24, 2018 at 11:44 pm

Guess we learned why it’s called “Dick’s.”

• Ray Sears

March 29, 2018 at 4:00 am

Dickless ?

11. Tim

March 24, 2018 at 11:59 pm

I hope they end up bankrupt

12. Alex Mackie

March 25, 2018 at 12:11 am

These liberals are so foolish how do you think pissing off half of the country is going to work for you. Answer not well !!!!

13. CLFun

March 25, 2018 at 12:55 am

2nd Amendment is what creates FREEDOM of all kinds. Its the ONLY check/balance we have between the people and government. In he U.K. they are losing freedom of speech as we speak.

These school shootings are false flags intended to attack gun control.

I went to Dicks one to buy a gun 10 years ago when i turned 18. good to know i never will step inside another store again.

William Cooper (1943-2001), who in his 1991 book “Behold A Pale Horse” wrote:
    “The government encouraged the manufacture and importation of firearms for the criminals to use. This is intended to foster a feeling of insecurity, which would lead the American people to voluntarily disarm themselves by passing laws against firearms. Using drugs and hypnosis on mental patients in a process called Orion, the CIA inculcated the desire in these people to open fire on schoolyards and thus inflame the anti-gun lobby. This plan is well under way, and so far is working perfectly. The middle class is begging the government to do away with the 2nd Amendment.”

FREE pdf, “Behold a Pale Horse”, 500pages, 17mb, download/save file

• Bob N.

March 30, 2018 at 6:24 am

If the Democrats ever get control of Congress and the White House this will get even worse because they want to disarm us and make America a socialist country.

• Mike Gunter

March 31, 2018 at 3:29 pm

There will be fighting first. We, the American people will not stand for it. There are only 535 politicians telling us how to live. Small group compared to 100 million gun owners.

14. terri

March 25, 2018 at 1:05 am

Too bad corporations and politicians don’t have backbone to stand up to what the real reason kids go beserk and shoot other students…… every case of school shootings is the result of them being bullied and tortured by other more popular students !! If schools really cared about bullies and their victims and put a stop to bullying, instead of just putting up posters in classrooms, these school shootings would not happen. These kids are bullied to the point they fight back by shooting other kids !! Attacking gun owners and demanding total gun control will not stop bullying in schools….. guns are not the only weapons available but the socialists want to disarm citizens and take away our right to defend ourselves.

15. Tom Stirewalt

March 25, 2018 at 1:38 am

Since dicks has turned political I hope they go out of business. They certainly will not get any of my money after this stance.

16. Sherri

March 25, 2018 at 1:58 am

These children need to go back to school, how long can they stay out and still get an education? Teachers are there to teach, children are there to learn, not to be bused all over the United States to hold meetings on changing our government!! I am happy that Dick’s is loosing money, my money will stay with the NRA!!

• Bob N.

March 30, 2018 at 6:43 am

Sherri, the problem is that our kids aren’t being educated anymore, they’re being indoctrinated to think like the liberals and not for themselves.

17. Carole

March 25, 2018 at 5:36 am

I applaud those who have stopped buying at Dock’s. I am one of them. Starbucks tried this and lost, you would think companies would take note. Company CEO”s who arbitrarily take political sides are asking for trouble. They risk losing business but also risk upsetting employees who do not agree. I do not believe that a company should speak politically for it’s employees. In the case of Dick’s one employee has already quit. These policies force employees to parrot the company policy even if it is against their own beliefs. I do not drink Starbucks, buy Papa John’s Pizza and even if they recant… there are many other places that would like to have my business. I won’t be renting particular cars or flying Delta either. My pitifully small protest may not change the world but it is mine and it is the best I can do.

18. James

March 25, 2018 at 5:54 am

They lost my business for hunting,golfing, and more! That goes for their company owned field and stream as well!

19. Victor P

March 25, 2018 at 7:57 am

People like Dick’s CEO, Edward Stack, don’t understand the 2nd Amendment and clearly don’t understand crime stats. Strict gun control municipalities are where the highest violent crime is found and Democrats commit at least 80% of all violent crime. I would point them to the Harvard study on gun control.

“The right to bear arms shall not be infringed”.

20. Phil

March 25, 2018 at 8:21 am

I will never buy any thing from “ DICK’S “ again. There’ s too many places that sell hunting and fishing gear.
    USA. USA. USA

21. Gerald Rotko

March 25, 2018 at 11:00 am

NOW THAT SOME STATES HAVE RAISE THE AGE TO BUY RIFLES TO 21. There’s no reason for them to enlist in the service until they reach 21. At 21 they will be 3 years wiser and probably not enlist. If enough decide not to enlist, they will have start the draft. Finally a fair decision by the gov’t. I hope. Everyone should have to serve.

• frances quinn

March 31, 2018 at 4:23 am

i agree everyone should have to serve…i think that would bring love of country an patriotism right back to our doorsteps. go see what the other half lives like. spend a little time in iraq or afghanistan …you will miss the us.if you have to be 21 to have a gun then no one under that should be allowed in the military……in which case reinsttute the draft…no exceptions if your dad is a politician or wealthy. legitimate reasons only for exceptions.

22. sluggo

March 25, 2018 at 2:26 pm

“There’s going to be some pushback and we expected that,” stated CEO Edward Stack to Wall Street analysts, according to CNN. “There are going to be the people who don’t shop us anymore for ANYTHING.”

Yep, that about sums it up for me. The last ammo I bought was at Dicks’, and it will be the last “ANYTHING” that I will buy there until they stop their America hating agenda of siding with lying liberal democrats.

I recently…10 days ago…bought two hoodies, a pair of sweat pants, and a winter parka…but I bypassed my nearby local Dicks’, and drove thirteen miles to the Gander Mountain store instead.

Motto of my story:…Don’t be a “Dick-head”…spend your money somewhere else.

I AM THE NRA!

23. Pat

March 25, 2018 at 6:14 pm

I would not go into Dick’s to buy anything!!!

24. John Patalon

March 25, 2018 at 8:29 pm

I will never go into a Dicks store again. My money will go to the NRA.

25. David

March 26, 2018 at 12:48 am

Right about the kids staying out of school to protest about our rights to buy and own pistols and rifles .. While in school we were taught Civics to learn about our rights under the Constitution…
    All they teach in school now is how to make trouble for The USA ..
    Back to DICKS INC. I went to purchase an over and under shotgun and filled out an application, said they would phone me after 7 days . 12 days went by so I went to DICKS INC to find out why no call about my app. and the idiot teens they had behind the counter said they had no app on me.. Said to fill out one but me being me told the idiots to get screwed that I would buy my guns else where .
    Hiring idiots to work behind a gun sales counter is a stupid thing to do if they can’t keep up with paper work that a customer fills out …Haven;t been back to DICKS INC. since and that has been years ago when they first opened in Florence,Al ..

26. Linda Nitzschke

March 26, 2018 at 12:53 am

If Dick’s doesn’t believe in selling their own products to law-abiding citizens, why should anyone believe in Dick’s ever again.

• L. James

March 26, 2018 at 5:57 am

If I had a time machine and took and AR-15 back to the founding fathers and showed them the “firearm of the future that the military and police/Sheriff’s would carry in the future(vs the smooth bore or riled musket). When I travelled back to 2018 – the 2nd amendment would read “The Right of the people to keep and bear arms INCLUDING AR-15’S”

Our founding fathers were geniuses – they wrote the 2nd amendment – very simple. Right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed! Not wordy or complicated versus the other ammendments YET IT IS THE MOST ARGUED AND CONTESTED.

27. Phillip B Scott

March 27, 2018 at 1:53 am

Stores we habitually shop at are like sports (football), once you quit it, once that sour taste hits your pallet, you never go back. The executive at Dick’s should be fired and if he/she had been fired the day after doing this stupid stunt it could have been reversed. Obviously Dick’s doesn’t know their customers. Shame, I really liked their stores but will never be back.

28. Bill Meyers

March 27, 2018 at 9:43 am

Too bad, but now that Dicks owns Golf Galsxy. i will have too order my gokf equipment on line. Dont support our constitutionsl rights. I don’t support Dick’s!

29. Charlotte k Poirier

March 27, 2018 at 8:27 pm

GOOD ENOUGH FOR THEM …

30. Buckwheat7

March 28, 2018 at 6:40 am

Every company that publicly involves them selves in such politics is automatically off my list to do business with. These companies just won’t learn. Look what happened to the NFL, the NBA. They chose the wrong political route and it costed them big time. I haven’t watched neither now for two years. Getting by just fine without them and their overpaid politician players. Dicks has joined them on my shit list!

31. jwood1952

March 28, 2018 at 8:12 am

Well Dick’s still hasn’t learned so time to ramp it up once again. It cost us nothing, costs them everything. and they’re taking to road of all the other losers. First reason us away to lessen our impact, big mistake Dick’s.

32. Beth

March 28, 2018 at 3:03 pm

I am now a proud supporter of Dick’s Sporting Goods. Their courageous decision should be applauded! NO ONE needs a semi-automatic weapon or a large capacity magazine.

33. Diane Campbell

March 28, 2018 at 4:47 pm

What a bunch of #Dicks. So what else do we ban cooking oil salt sugar caffeine cigarette lighters? Outrageous the people actually think taking gun rights away will stop any Mass killing from happening then you better start going down the list of everything you need to ban. You will never stop mass killings by taking away the rights of legal gun owners and it’s not going to happen as hard as these little radicals try it’s not going to happen. There nothing but little shit stains who should go to school and study and stay out of politics. No snot-nosed teenager is going to tell me that I can and cannot own a gun or that because I choose to support the Second Amendment and be a gun owner that I want to kill children. That is an outrageous disgusting thing to say and it just shows you how uneducated and off the top these lunatics really are

34. ted pryse

March 28, 2018 at 6:02 pm

All of these stores will soon find out if you go LIBERAL YOU WILL GO BROKE !!!!!!! 30% of Liberals are on the FREE PROGRAM and have no money to spend so If you Go LIBERAL YOUR GOING BROKE

35. Joey

March 28, 2018 at 11:05 pm

THE BIG PROBLEM WITH MESSING WITH OUR CONSTITUTION IS THE DEMOCRATS KEEP MOVING FURTHER AND FURTHER TO THE LEFT!! THEY WANT OUR COUNTRY TO BE WITHOUT GOD IN ANYTHING! GUNS OUT OF OUR LIVES SO THEY CAN NEVER FEAR SOMEONE KILLING SOMEONE BREAKING IN! RAPE! ALL THE THINGS THE LIBERALS STAND FOR AND TAKE UP FOR!!! NOTICE ONE BIG THING ABOUT THE LIBERALS!!!! THERE ARE RIGHT THINGS THAT WE HAVE BEEN TAUGHT FOR YEARS AND THEN THERE ARE WRONG THINGS WE HAVE BEEN TAUGHT ALL OF OUR LIVES AND THE LIBERALS STAND FOR WRONG!!!! THEY REALLY DO NOT KNOW WHAT WRONG IS?????? THEY ALWAYS STAND FOR WRONG, NEVER RIGHT!!!! THEY STAND WITH COMMUNISM! SOCIALISM! AND MUSLIMS AND IF IT IS CONSERVATIVE! COUNT THEM OUT!,!!!!!!! I STAND WITH GOD AND BEING CONSERVATIVE AND I DO NOT EVER PLAN TO CHANGE!!!! WE HAVE TOO MANY THAT ARE FALLING BY THE WAYSIDE LIKE PEOPLE AT DICk’s TRYING TO CONTROL THE AMERICAN PEOPLE WHO BELIEVE IN THE CONSTITUTION!!!! WE NEED TO CONTINUE TEACHING THESE PEOPLE A LESSON AND STOP LETTING THE LIBERALS DICTATE TO US ON HOW OUR WORLD WILL BE AND WE BETTER BE VERY SERIOUS! VOTING OUT EVERY DEMOCRAT! WE STAND STRONG AND WE SHALL NOT BE PUSHED AROUND WHEN IT COMES TO OUR PROTECTION FROM THE EVIL DEMOCRATS OF THIS WORLD!!!!

36. DDrake

March 29, 2018 at 4:08 am

Dick’s SUX. Sportsman’s Warehouse is 100 times better than Dick’s. Dick’s is an OVER-PRICED JOKE. Dunhams even beats Dick’s.

37. DDrake

March 29, 2018 at 4:14 am

ICKY DICK’s

38. Steven D Visek

March 29, 2018 at 5:13 pm

I think the move will hurt Dick’s but the article suggests a connection that does not exist, at least yet. The quarterly report was for the 4th Qtr 2017, months before their gun policy change.

39. woodenshoes1948

March 29, 2018 at 5:30 pm

NO PATRIOT CAN EVER WITH GOOD PATRIOTISM EVER ENTER ANY OF THOSE STORES NOT EVER AGAIN SO LET DICK DECLINE TO OBLIVION ALONG WITH THE DEMON-CRATS AND RINOS THAT HATE OUR BEAUTIFUL CONSTITUTIONAL REPUBLIC AND THE PATRIOTS OF IT! FOR OUR CONSTITUTIONAL GOVERNMENT AND ALL PATRIOTS LET US SAY, TO GOD BE THE GLORY!

40. Linda Morrison

March 29, 2018 at 10:02 pm

Just like Target on transgender bathrooms, I’ll never shop at Dick’s again. They are a dick.

41. Smokey

March 31, 2018 at 12:27 am

Just wait, the CEO will be on TV crying about how “gun nuts are punishing his company for just trying to do the right thing” and the liberal “journalists” will encourage all freedom loving Americans to shop only there. It won’t work, and they’ll suffer until they realize they’re free to act like idiots, and we’re free to spend our money elsewhere, and likely even after that point.

42. vhfan

March 31, 2018 at 2:04 am

The problem was never guns the problem is libtards with guns since EVERY MASS SHOOTING IN THIS COUNTRY A LIBERAL NUT WAS RESPONSIBLE .

Media will never tell you that , there has never been an NRA member involved it’s only liberal freaks .

43. Ernesto Sanchez

March 31, 2018 at 2:29 am

AMERICA!! I will just say THANK YOU, FOR STANDING UP AGAINST THESE IDIOTS!! KEEP ON FIGHTING DON’T GET TIRED OR GIVE UP …. WE ALL NEED TO PITCH IN WHERE EVER WE CAN. THANK YOU AND GOD BLESS

44. Sandy B

March 31, 2018 at 4:07 am

It’s sad Dick’s could not stand up to the alt left and see that they are using kids to push their anti-gun agenda. They didn’t really need to choose a side but they did. I will no longer shop at Dicks.

45. frances quinn

March 31, 2018 at 4:29 am

i have never been into dick’s sporting goods stores but it looks to me like sportsmen spend a lot of money there…..i think this company is in big trouble and made a big mistake. it is not their choice to take away people’s rights. it is legal to buy a gun at 18 and that gun.