Ellen Slams Trump for Attacking Oprah: ’George Washington May Be the Father of Our Country But Oprah Is the Mother of Our Country’

Thursday on “Ellen,” host Ellen DeGeneres defended Oprah Winfrey against President Donald Trump’s tweet calling her a “very insecure.”

DeGeneres warned Trump that he will never “unite people” by attacking Winfrey.

DeGeneres said,“Oprah is my friend, and when you mess with Oprah, you mess with me.”

She continued, “President Trump, it’s time for an a-ha moment. You’re not just some guy on Twitter anymore. You’re the president for all of us. It is your job to unite people, and you don’t do it by attacking people, especially Oprah.”

She added, “I mean, George Washington may be the father of our country, but Oprah is the mother of our country.”

1. Charles Ellison

February 23, 2018 at 1:55 pm

oprah is not the mother of my country.

2. Jaime Contreras

February 23, 2018 at 2:00 pm

Oprah is the mother of New Age thought, anti-Christian/anti-Catholic movement, and a tyrammica; ceebrity. DeGeneres is another otspoken Lftist with a private agenda.

3. Pat

February 23, 2018 at 2:26 pm

Hey stupid Bitch…Oprah is NOT the Mother of My Country!!! Stupid liberals…

4. James Soto

February 23, 2018 at 2:30 pm

Only a Dumb Cunt Homosexual could call Oprah Winfrey the Mother of our Country.

5. zalman smilovici

February 23, 2018 at 2:39 pm

you cant be a mother haw Kam you know what a mother luke like

6. Justin

February 23, 2018 at 2:42 pm

Is she threatening President Trump? With the little bit exposed about Oprah and Weinstein, she is prompting Trump to expose more. Ellen needs to be exposed. In the Vegas shooting she had the fake security guard on her show and she has an interest in Mandalay Bay and her slot machines…is she buddies with Alaweed???

7. Betsy Cox

February 23, 2018 at 2:51 pm

She sure is NOT the mother of our country, She is a witch and Ellen you are a disgrace to say she is. God is in control of us and our country.I do not and will not watch the view or your show

8. paulette

February 23, 2018 at 3:47 pm

OPRAH IS THE MOTHER OF OUR COUNTRY???? ARE YOU FRICKING KIDDING ME,HEY DEGENERATE SHUT THE FRICK UP

9. D-Boy

February 23, 2018 at 5:29 pm

Ellen you should look and around .Oprah is a African American,trying to say he is the she I the motherof our country. I am reallyup set that mexica japan all over our united statas don’t see it that way.our last president was a racils and I fill the same about herso ge t off yor high or what ever your smoking and get a life you two

10. brian MCMILLAN

February 23, 2018 at 6:55 pm

How can Trump be unifying when the left has no interest in unification? Mother of our country? Comical!