Bill O’Reilly’s forced exit from Fox News is netting him a payout of up to $25 million, two sources with knowledge confirmed to NBC News.

The former Fox News anchor inked a new four-year contract last month guaranteeing he make that much annually, according to a person with knowledge of that deal. The contract did allow Fox to fire him in general if controversy was harming the network, the person added.

His severance has not been disclosed publicly, but was part of the agreement for him parting ways with parent company 21st Century Fox, New York magazine journalist Gabe Sherman earlier told TODAY.

The media company announced Wednesday it was dropping O’Reilly’s prime-time political punditry show, “The O’Reilly Factor,” amid mounting sexual harassment allegations made by former staffers and guests.

The New York Times revealed earlier this month that O’Reilly and his bosses paid about $13 million to five women in exchange for them not pursuing lawsuits or speaking about their cases.

In a statement following his ouster, O’Reilly said he was proud of his last 20-plus years at the cable network and again denied the accusations.

“It is tremendously disheartening that we part ways due to completely unfounded claims. But that is the unfortunate reality many of us in the public eye must live with today,” said O’Reilly, 67, adding, “I wish only the best for Fox News Channel.”

His payout would appear to be smaller than that given to former Fox News honcho Roger Ailes, who resigned last summer after facing his own spate of sexual harassment complaints made by female staffers. Ailes — who became the channel’s founding CEO in 1996, the same year O’Reilly joined — reportedly received $40 million as part of his separation agreement. Ailes has also denied wrongdoing.

While O’Reilly was a star of the network, bringing in about 3.9 million viewers a night in recent months, Sherman said the accusations became too much — and even 21st Century Fox Chairman Rupert Murdoch could no longer justify keeping him on.

“Really this was a storm that the Murdoch family wanted to weather, but ultimately, they realized they couldn’t,” Sherman said.

Early Thursday, a giant poster of O’Reilly displayed prominently outside of 21st Century Fox’s New York City offices was boarded up.

1. Pingback: HAPPY DAY! Bill O’Reilly Just Got the Most AMAZING News In His Career – Are You Proud Of Him? - VNutube

2. Gail

April 23, 2017 at 3:25 pm

I will boycott Fox News and hope all conservatives and moderates will do likewise. I do not believe the accusations which is based on years of observations of the O’Reilly factor and his books I have read.
    I believe this is another move of the radical left to eliminate any fair minded news. I also believe the women were recruited by elements of the left just like occurred with President Trump during the election. These women were paid millions. Some people will say anything for millions of dollars. Where is the proof?

• Dee Dee

April 23, 2017 at 9:32 pm

I agree with you 100% and will be joining you.

• Maggie

April 24, 2017 at 6:05 pm

Yep!

• SlS

April 25, 2017 at 12:17 am

This is beyond imagination. After reviewing ALL of these nasty women’s details of their supposed claims I say total BS. Lefty hack job at best. Shame on those advertisers and shame on Fox for participating. At least some of the company’s that pulled their ads are named and I will be boycotting them as well as anything to do with 21CFox.

• Ken Benedict

April 25, 2017 at 9:49 pm

I totally agree. Although I will not stop watching Fox News, I do believe what you say is true.
      I believe that is one of the reasons that bitch Megan Kelly was fired. Notice where she went after her being let go. NBC. I still enjoy Hannity, Tucker Carlson. Shepard Smith will be the next to go. Mark my words. All tho I agree, Fox will lose more viewers than they think and will regret letting O’Reilly go. HE WAS FOX NEWS.

3. June Lafferre

April 23, 2017 at 9:52 pm

ITs not about sex , its about shutting him up because he is the only newsman that tells the truth about the corruption in government ( if it were about sex, Bill Clinton would be in prison for an alledged rape crime. Who is protecting Him & Hillary from thecrimes they have commited?June

4. Amanda.

April 25, 2017 at 11:48 am

I Cannot believe that other Christian people (especially on this site) would or could get behind any person — belittling or being sexually inappropriate to others. Whether it be men or women involved it is wholly inappropriate and reprehensible. It shouldn’t surprise me, especially after many Conservative Jesus-Loving Christians who also voted for a President who thought it was okay to say “I move on them like a B*tch, and I just grab them by the P#$$y” and somehow were able to explain that away as the ‘lesser of two evils’ meaning Hilary Clinton. She obviously is not innocent. But WOW, a group of Conservative People (Many of them Evangelical Christians) think it is perfectly ok to demean women in the workplace. The self-deception it must take is staggering.

5. Jeff

April 25, 2017 at 2:26 pm

Exactly Gail.

6. Mike Clark

April 26, 2017 at 12:08 am

This Radical Liberal Incompetent Newspaper The New York Times , has been spreading lies for the last 30 years , the worse in the industry next to the Washington Post. They will declare false stories and never get any repercussions from anyone , even the so called journalist who spread these. Lies are never held to account for their false narratives , as the plead the 1st Amendment say they are protected by it and can make false statements , because they could care less about creditability , all they are in the business to do is defame everyone they can , as long as they are Conservatives and Republicans . They have never been held to account for their defaming of people , whom they dislike like Bill OReilly , making statements saying that FOX and Bill settled lawsuits in the $13 Million Dollar Range with no proof , these woman’s names never revealed and never even investigated whether they had proof of their claims of Sexual Harassment by Bill. What needs to happen is that instead of suing the paper for defamation , the individual writers should be individually sued and taken to task for their telling of lies . It has been accomplished with other newspapers in the country , especially when it comes to the leaking of Federal Classified Information , which is a felony and will be prosecuted . They need to understand their is a new Sheriff in at the Justice Department , we have many agents and the FOIA to be able to get info on who leaked the Classified material and to who at the New York Times . They will be prosecuted and set a precedent to make all news organizations to be on notice , that if you are caught publishing classified information from a Federal Employee you will be prosecuted. Be aware you journalists from The New York Times and the Washington Post we are watching your every move and have the legal basis to prosecute .

7. Rob

April 26, 2017 at 2:48 am

When I heard the news about Fox firing O’Reilly, I decided never to watch Fox News again. I am completely done with Fox. I’m going to subscribe to One America News instead.

8. JAL

April 27, 2017 at 1:42 am

I been a loyal viewer of Bill O’Reilly , I hope he can clear this mess up with the simple truth. I am cautiously optimistic the reason is The NY Times elevator does not stop on all floor . Maybe it will take NY TIME a couple of years the confession booth.

9. Jeanine Wenger

April 27, 2017 at 12:38 pm

We miss Bill O’Reilly, but, take note of the fact that the liberals are now after Sean Hannity, !!! We are so grateful that he is standing up to them. OFFENSE IS THE BEST DEFENSE!!! We are with you Sean! Thank you for all that stand for!! Thank God that there are more conservatives on your side than the ultra liberal’s out there who thrive upon low grade untruths and their desire to promote that dis-information. How can we ever MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN in the face of a growing population of students/graduates who have been influenced by ultra-liberal teachers/professors who don’t teach the truth. WAkE UP AMERICA !!!! We, along with President Trump, must promote a healthier society by improving our educational environments to include families, schools, entertainment, web-sites and etc. LET’s BRING GOD BACK iNTO THE CENTER OF OUR LIVES. It’s so vitally important!!!

10. Linda Moker

April 28, 2017 at 7:31 pm

I am no longer watching Fox News. I never expected them to cave to the liberals. When they did cave, I left. I have no respect for them anymore.

11. Toni Burns