Heartbreaking: Eric Bolling’s Son Committed Suicide — Media Reacts To Tragic Death

Eric Bolling’s teenage son passed away last night, according to Huffington Post journalist Yashar Ali. A statement is due from the Fox New Channel on Saturday. A source told Mediate that the cause of death was suicide.

Mediaite reports:

Yashar Ali reported Saturday that, Eric Bolling’s Son, Eric Chase, died last night. At this time the circumstances remain unclear. Chase, was 19 years old and Bolling’s only child.

“Very sad news, Eric Bolling’s son, who was only 19, died last night,” said Ali. “By all accounts, Eric was incredibly devoted to his son. Heartbreaking.”

A source close to Eric Bolling also confirmed the news to Mediaite. A different source said the cause of death was suicide.

TMZ is also reporting suicide was the cause of death:

The son of Fox News Channel anchor Eric Bolling committed suicide, TMZ has learned, hours after his father was forced out of the network.

Sources familiar with the situation tell TMZ … 19-year-old Eric Chase Bolling, Jr. took his life Friday night.

Eric Chase Jr. pre-prom. My guy is growing up.

A post shared by Eric Bolling (@ericbolling) on

Members of the media are shocked by the news.

Our thoughts and prayers are with the Bolling family in this very difficult time.

This is a breaking story and updates will be published as they are made available.

1. Barb Heishman

September 9, 2017 at 6:59 pm

My husband, and I are SO VERY SORRY that you have lost your precious child! There are NO WORDS that can ease your heartache!
    Just know that GOD stands with you, and so do we.

2. John H Bass

September 9, 2017 at 6:59 pm

Words cannot describe this tragedy. My heart and prayers go to his family. May you find peace and comfort in God and the wonderful memories your son left behind.

3. June Wilson

September 9, 2017 at 7:00 pm

So sad that this young man thought he had nothing to live for. God forgive him and take him to Heaven.

4. MARIA LAMB

September 9, 2017 at 7:01 pm

HEARTFELT SYMPATHY AND PRAYERS TO THE ENTIRE BOLLING FAMILY .MAY GOD HAVE MERCY ON HIS SOUL AND MAY HE REST IN PEACE .AMEN

5. IMDABOSS

September 9, 2017 at 7:01 pm

Tragic news…I think Eric Boling is a good man…what a thing to deal with

6. Frances Joyce DiPentino

September 9, 2017 at 7:02 pm

I thought Eric to be a wonderful Man who was mistreated by being let go and behind it was I had heard Hillary..She was upset for his Truth spoken in his Book : THE SWAMP I pray she was not harassing his son for I would not put it past her.. Why I feel would a Healthy young man from a good father suddenly do such a thing the day his father was let go.
    I would like Eric to know he is Loved by many and sending Comfort to him as well as his family for God is with them. His son is at peace in our Lords Home. WE would love to see ERIC back in time with FOX NEWS!

7. m carter

September 9, 2017 at 7:03 pm

I’m s sorry to hear this about erics s its suc a hirrible thing to go thru especialty if it had anything to do with the so called investigation of eric with the sexuality suit , I do so hope enough of this kind of things that seem to happen so often now at fox news . something is very wrong there it seems

8. Susan Fort

September 9, 2017 at 7:06 pm

Thoughts and prayer go out to the Bolling family.

9. jjg

September 9, 2017 at 7:30 pm

im so sorry eric , this is so bad how can anyone deal with this tragedy your a great family man. i hope somehow you find peace.

10. Cathy

September 9, 2017 at 7:36 pm

Do we believe this reporter after everything he has said about Eric? I’d rather wait for a more reputable reporter to report this

• L.A. Sealy

September 10, 2017 at 5:28 am

I know you think you are being vigilant…but this is true…his former colleagues at FNC have already weighed in on the news.

11. Pat Coons

September 9, 2017 at 7:37 pm

Eric, my heart is broken for you as you suffer the greatest loss a person can experience. May God’s grace and mercy surround you and your wife and may He reveal to you His purpose for all this pain. We are praying continually for you.

12. Patricia

September 9, 2017 at 8:19 pm

RIP Eric Jr. We are so sorry to hear this, my heart breaks for you and your family. Our condolences to you.

13. Sarah

September 9, 2017 at 8:27 pm

M carter,,,,we are so quick to judge. , how dare you insinuate that it might be because of Eric’s problem with Fox,,don’t you think Eric is going through enough hell ,,people please have a heart,,the boy. Could Have had other thing going on ,,lets Not blame anyone ,,least of all his father !!!!!!

14. Glenda Jorren

September 9, 2017 at 8:46 pm

So very sad for Eric and family. Cried when I read this. Eric is one of my favorite people, and you always knew how much his son meant to him.

15. Brian Silva

September 9, 2017 at 9:09 pm

weakness in this country is unreal

16. June Brooker

September 9, 2017 at 9:13 pm

So sorry for you loss !!

17. Bob Benevides

September 9, 2017 at 9:24 pm

I hope the alt-left is proud of them selves for causing this tragedy. They think that they can attack any conservative and it’s just fun and games. Well, this is the kind of thing that can result when you ruin someone reputation in public just because you don’t agree with his political views.

• Teri

September 9, 2017 at 9:43 pm

I agree with you, Bob. My very thoughts!

• MO

September 10, 2017 at 6:15 am

I AGREE… SO SAD! ALL THESE LIBS TALK THE TALK BUT DON’T WALK THE WALK. CAN WE SAY “BULLY” ??? WHERE IS ALL THE ANTI-BULLY CRAP THEY SPOUT ABOUT…

18. Bernice Dingus

September 9, 2017 at 9:26 pm

My condolences to Eric and your wife ,I enjoyed you so much eating you on the Five.May God Bless.

19. judi jj

September 9, 2017 at 9:40 pm

This tragedy started with the idiot brothers at FOX and grew from there. This death is on their hands and on the hands of the evil lowlife lousy liberals seeking to take revenge on the good people at Fox that tell the truth and put down evil.

20. Pamella Doak

September 10, 2017 at 12:07 am

Eric, I am so sorry for your loss. I pray for peace and solace for you and your family a this heartbreaking time.

21. Barbara A. Williams

September 10, 2017 at 12:41 am

I am so sorry for your family’s loss. I will Pray for you all to find some peace and your hearts comforted

22. gudrun landrum

September 10, 2017 at 1:14 am

My condolences to you and the family.So very sorry for your loss.

23. Andree' Blalock

September 10, 2017 at 4:00 am

To the media, please do not make the death of this young man, a media sensation. This is a horrible thing a family needs to go through. Please show compassion when dealing with this story.

24. Beverly Boyett

September 10, 2017 at 6:54 pm

So sorry! I also lost my oldest son this way. I am so sorry to know this. The heartache never leaves you, God bless your family and bring peace to you and yours.

25. Sandra K Sample

September 10, 2017 at 7:57 pm

I agree Fox is to blame. How sad they had to step so low to hurt people and Eric and his son death lays on their hands. Way to go Fox.

26. e

September 10, 2017 at 8:12 pm

so sorry for your loss. you are in our prayer.

27. Carol hunt

September 11, 2017 at 5:00 am

My prayers go out for you and your family. May god put his healing hands around you and your family. Stay strong and blessed “

28. kabowings

September 11, 2017 at 1:54 pm

How dare you allow this trolling “press” writer be the one to report this? You have no idea what your lies have done to this family. Where is the proof? Identify the pictures. What scum. Fox tells the truth. Yet those who tell the truth, O’Reilly, Payne, Hannity, Bolling…..all men by the way, are accused of the worst of the worst “he said, she said”. Yet there has not been one trial, no one cleared of any of the charges….just continued hate. My condolences to the Bolling family. May God bless you and protect you.

29. Sheree Orgeron

September 12, 2017 at 3:04 am

I wonder if he was cyber bullied? My gut tells me he was and maybe taunted in his face. He went to the University of Colorado. Kids and the news media can be so cruel to young people.