Hillary Told Aides ‘I Really Messed Up’ After ‘Deplorables’ Speech

Since the 2016 election, outsiders have pointed to former Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton’s infamous “deplorables” comment as one of the reasons she lost to Donald Trump.

And according to a new book released by Amy Chozick, a New York Times reporter who covered the Clinton campaign, Clinton herself may have regretted making that comment.

“I really messed up,“ Clinton told aides, according to an excerpt in the Daily Beast. She made her ”deplorable” remarks during a fundraiser just before the election.

“To just be grossly generalistic, you can put half of Trump supporters into what I call the basket of deplorables,” Clinton told the fundraiser.

“Right? Racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamaphobic, you name it.”

Watch her remarks below, via CBS:

Clinton’s derogatory label seemed to do well among certain elites. According to Chozick, “The Deplorables always got a laugh, over living-room chats in the Hamptons, at dinner parties under the stars on Martha’s Vineyard, over passed hors d’oeuvres in Beverly Hills, and during sunset cocktails in Silicon Valley.”

During a CBS interview last year, Clinton explained her choice of words:

“I thought Trump was behaving in a deplorable manner. I thought a lot of his appeals to voters were deplorable. I thought his behavior, as we saw on the ‘Access Hollywood’ tape, was deplorable. And there were a large number of people who didn’t care. It did not matter to them.”

Despite her acknowledgment that she “really messed up,” Clinton reportedly blamed others for her loss on election night. “I knew it. I knew this would happen to me,” she told campaign manager Robby Mook.

“They were never going to let me be president.”

Continue Reading

1. joseph wisniewski

April 20, 2018 at 5:00 pm

Thats OK KIllary we have your orange jump ready

• M.J. Bradley

April 20, 2018 at 5:07 pm

Yes – – the color and size are a perfect fit for her and will last for decades!

2. Sue P

April 20, 2018 at 5:03 pm

She’s getting as bad as Nancy Pelosi !!

3. Julie Metzler

April 20, 2018 at 5:05 pm

I thank God that Hillery did not win the election. We would have the same old ideas that Obama had. She is not for the people of America.
    She has her own selfish agenda.

4. Nancy Carr

April 20, 2018 at 5:05 pm

During a CBS interview last year, Clinton explained her choice of words:

What a liar. That is NOT what she meant at all. If that was what she meant, it makes no sense that she said she ‘knew’ she messed up saying it. LIAR, LIAR.

5. Ellender Brown

April 20, 2018 at 5:13 pm

I love being a “Deplorable ” . Coming from one of the Most corrupt, Evil people that walk the earth .She thought the election was bought and paid for her.She could do or say any thing and no one could stop her. She was going to be the next President then she could rule over America . The American people she was calling names.

6. McFerguson

April 20, 2018 at 5:15 pm

The fact that Hillary NEVER became president is the single most fortuitous event to have ever occurred in the U.S. It beat out George Washington’s having been available when a brand new country called on him to lead it. Thank God Hillary wasn’t there then or the Clinton Foundation would’ve re-written the brand new Article of Confederation, charged us $300 million for doing it, and made her the Queen.

7. IRENE ROBERTS

April 20, 2018 at 5:16 pm

EVERY TIME THAT WOMEN OPENS HER MOUTH SHE SAY’S ANOTHER LIE,AFTER LIE, AFTER LIE WELL EVERY THING SHE SAID REVERTS BACK TO THE DEMOCRATS

8. paulette

April 20, 2018 at 6:34 pm

THATS WHEN SHE STARTED TO TANK COMEY WAS JUST THE ICING ON THE CAKE,WHEN SHE CALLED HALF OF AMERICA DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEAMABLE THATS WHEN SHE TANKED

9. woodenshoes1948

April 20, 2018 at 8:13 pm

We thank GOD daily that this woman did NOT become President and it is to GOD that you-hillary and your supporters should take your incessant talk on the loss of the election and accept the truth you will find in God’s wisdom!