Journalist Danielle Young Claims Rev. Jesse Jackson Sexually Harassed Her

Journalist Danielle Young Claims Rev. Jesse Jackson Sexually Harassed Her

As sexual assault and sexual harassment accusations continued to flood Hollywood, a new face has been called out for his alleged behavior, Rev. Jesse Jackson.

Danielle Young, a journalist for The Root, claimed Jackson harassed her.

Young wrote Monday:

“I used to work for a very popular media company, and we had a meeting that ended with a keynote speech by the living legend, the Rev. Jesse Jackson. So, of course, the conference room was packed wall-to-wall.

After Jackson’s riveting and inspiring speech about the responsibility of black journalists, we all lined up to take a photo with him. One by one, we stepped up, shared a few words and thank-yous with Jackson, snapped photos and went back to our desks. Simple enough, right?

I walked toward Jackson, smiling, and he smiled back at me. His eyes scanned my entire body. All of a sudden, I felt naked in my sweater and jeans. As I walked within arm’s reach of him, Jackson reached out a hand and grabbed my thigh, saying, “I like all of that right there!” and gave my thigh a tight squeeze.

I was shocked, to say the least. Even though Jackson had had his hand reached out, I had no idea that he would touch me in a sexual way.”

Adding a photograph of the encounter Young is writing about.

She continued:

“I personally never wanted to say anything because my situation was just a thigh grab. Barely a blip on anyone’s radar, even my own. Jackson’s tight grip doesn’t even measure up to what any of the victims of Harvey Weinstein and others have had to endure; however, I was uncomfortable and had to swallow the lump in my throat as I stood right beside the civil rights leader.”

Jackson gave a statement for The Root, saying he doesn’t remember the incident, but he apologizes for any pain Ms. Young may have experienced.

Please share this post on Facebook with your thoughts.

What is your opinion on this? Scroll down to comment below!

1. BETH

November 8, 2017 at 4:46 pm

He probably did.

2. Guy Guy

November 8, 2017 at 4:48 pm

LMAO–Go ahead and grab her by the puss*, Jesse

3. Richard Misel Jr

November 8, 2017 at 4:57 pm

That do’s not surprise me. He is a pimp spreading racism and rode a dead mans coat tails to fame and fortune. He is a first class scumbag.!

4. MarshallCab

November 8, 2017 at 5:29 pm

This ass hole is no Rev. He is a racist, sexist lying SOB!!

5. LetsRumble

November 8, 2017 at 5:32 pm

I think we’ve been down this road with Rev. Jackson before.

6. Pingback: Journalist Danielle Young Claims Rev. Jesse Jackson Sexually Harassed Her – Conservative Politics

7. Don

November 8, 2017 at 5:49 pm

Of course he doesn’t remember it what else would he say. He’s a scumbag spreading hatred everywhere he goes as is his buddy Sharpton. Both of them ridding MLK’s coat tail to fame and claim to be men of god.

8. Peter

November 8, 2017 at 6:32 pm

Like other claims; not enough evidence . Picture shown doesn’t show anything . I have no like for the guy but real is real.

9. Renee

November 8, 2017 at 7:06 pm

Based on his past displays of character, I’m inclined to believe this happened. I’m sure there are more women out there that may have similar experiences with this man. I personally disavowed his self-proclaimed title of ‘Reverend’ decades ago. You could say he triggered my ‘creep’ defense system back then, and hasn’t changed one iota since.

10. Pingback: Jesse Jackson is accused of sexually harassing a journalist - Born To Be Right