Joy Behar Mocks Mike Pence’s Faith: ‘Can He Talk to Mary Magdalene Without His Wife?’

Tuesday on ABC’s “The View,” while discussing Omarosa Manigault criticizing Vice President Mike Pence, co-host Joy Behar mocked Pence’s faith.

However, Behar ended the segment agreeing with all the hosts if given a choice between Donald Trump and Mike Pence, they would rather have Pence as President.

Co-host Sunny Hostin said, “I went to law school in Indiana. He is a hated figure there, actually. He’s not very popular at all. And I think when you have Mike Pence, who now puts this religious veneer and calls people ‘values voters,’ I think we’re in a dangerous situation. Look, I’m Catholic, I’m a faithful person, but I don’t know that I want my vice president talking in tongues.”

Joy Behar said, “It’s one thing to talk to Jesus. It’s another thing when Jesus talks to you. That’s called mental illness, if I’m not correct, hearing voices.”

Sherri Shepherd said, “You know Joy, as a Christian, that’s just par for the course. You talk to Jesus. Jesus talks back. What concerns me is how long is the conversation with Jesus.”

Referring to Pence’s previous comments that he won’t be alone with a woman without his wife present, Behar said, “My question is, can he talk to Mary Magdalene when his wife isn’t in the room?”

At the end of the segment, Behar said, “I don’t think anyone could be worse than Trump. I don’t. I think Mike Pence, say what you want about him and his religiosity. I don’t think he’s mentally ill. Even though he is saying he hears voices I don’t think he’s that crazy. He has no charisma whatsoever. I don’t think he would get re-elected. I don’t think he would want to destroy the environment. I don’t think he would make it his life’s purpose to go against everything Obama did. I don’t think he would antagonize Kim Jong-un. That’s why think he would be better. Because Trump is the worst we have ever had.”

1. Denise

February 14, 2018 at 2:39 pm

What the hell does she know? Her and Whoopi are so hateful, they should go live in California!! Them and that show make me sick!!

2. Frank

February 14, 2018 at 2:52 pm

I could spend hours talking about the tenets and very unusual beliefs of ALL religions, too numerous and varied to mention. All scriptures are interpreted to define the intent of the moment. Rationality is not consistent with strict religious dogma. Consider the world’s panoply of religions and their requirements. Makes no reasonable sense. Many wars have been waged and lives lost due to religious fervor and madness.
    Shut up, Joy.

3. Rebecca Nickerson

February 14, 2018 at 3:34 pm

I know it does seem unusual today to have a standard to protect your marriage. But I think its wise to not go to lunch with a member of the opposite sex if your married. So I think he has integrity to do this. It is just a day where you don’t want to leave the back door open and allow for a slim chance for a fox to get in the henhouse or marraige. But sometimes you can only do the best you can do.I know my Pastor was driving back from a service one night it was after 10 and it was a city(the outskirts) he sees this woman running along the side of a river near this bridge. He stopped. Something was not right? So he felt she was in trouble and so he started running to see if she needed help. Then he sees this guy come running .The guy sees this Pastor in dress clothes and figure he can take care of him. Pastor over powered him and he then marched him to the police that had someone pulled over up the street.The Pastor waited for the officer to get done with the person he was with. Then the Pastor let him know what happened. (I believe the woman had blood on her and was fearful) The police took over. Pastor went to the Police dept. and he spoke with them and gave them his card. They called a few days later to thank him and this guy was wanted for something else big! But I say all that to make the point it originally started with a woman he did not know and possibly being alone with her. He had to dispense with not being alone with a woman. Circumstance demanded it. I bet Mike Pence would too.

4. Betsy Cox

February 14, 2018 at 6:58 pm

I am glad that VP Pence is a christian and I am telling you Yes you can talk to God and he talks to you. You are setting yourself up to burn in hell and I sure am glad I have God on my side. Joy Behar your View should be taken off the air and You could not pay me to watch it. It is TRASH!!!!!

• paulette

February 14, 2018 at 7:33 pm

@BETSY,VERY WELL SAID AND I TOTALLY AGREE

5. JW Noord

February 14, 2018 at 7:15 pm

You speak like you are relavant.

Your show aires against soap operas and B movies.

The election and the presidents popularity should make you aware that no one agrees with you.

6. msgard

February 14, 2018 at 7:24 pm

Joy is a BIGOT and she has no integrity on any subject. IGNORE HER let her bathe in her ugliest and HATE. She is not a person who speaks the truth. She is filled with hate and doesnt believe in anything but herself.

7. paulette

February 14, 2018 at 7:31 pm

THIS WITCHES NAME IS IN THE BIBLE YOU WILL FIND IT RIGHT UNDER MOCKER AND SCOFFER,SHE NEEDS TO BE CAREFUL,GOD DOESNT TAKE PLEASURE IN PEOPLE LIKE THIS,HOPE SHE REPENTS BEFORE SHE STANDS BEFORE HIM

8. paulette

February 14, 2018 at 7:37 pm

PROV 16:18,PRIDE COMITH BEFORE DESTRUCTION AND A HAUGHTY SPIRIT BE FORE A FALL,GET READY JOY,YOUR WORDS ARE COMING FOR YOU.

9. Phyllis

February 14, 2018 at 8:23 pm

Only ignorant Godless people have these type of conversations. Joy you are a great big disappointment to a lot of people. The vice president is a humble man. You probably can’t spell that word as you are so full of yourself I’m referring to the word humble!