Kurt Russell UNLOADS on Celebrities Who Trashed Trump at Golden Globes

Kurt Russell UNLOADS on Celebrities Who Trashed Trump at Golden Globes

Earlier today, we reported that Hollywood A-lister Meryl Streep gave a speech at the Golden Globes last night in which she blasted Donald Trump. Now, a clip has surfaced of Streep’s fellow Hollywood star Kurt Russell discussing how much he hates it when actors “get political.”

This is a business that’s heavily promulgated by people who have a politically liberal bent . . . I don’t begrudge them that. I’m a libertarian; frankly, I think my liberalness goes far beyond theirs in a lot of ways,” Russell recently said, according to American Lookout. “But yeah, we think differently, and maybe that’s cut me out of some things. I don’t care. People know I get along great with all kinds of directors, all kinds of actors. And I tell you, you hire me, I will show up, 24/7, and I will give you 100%. I will help you fix whatever problems come up. You hire me, I’m your boy. It’s just, it’s all about the work. And when that’s done, I am done.”

In the video above this story, Russell tells Whoopi Goldberg and her fellow liberal hosts at The View, “The last thing I like to watch is entertainers or actors get political.”

We couldn’t agree more!

This surfaced after Streep brought up the clip in which Trump supposedly mocked disabled New York Times reporter Serge Kovaleski, saying it was that “performance” that most “stunned” her this past year.

“There was nothing good about it, but it did its job,” the actress said. “It kind of broke my heart when I saw it, and I still can’t get it out my head because it wasn’t in a movie, it was in real life. That instinct to humiliate when it’s modeled by someone in a public platform, it filters down into everyone’s life because it gives permission for others to do the same.”

“Disrespect invites disrespect, violence incites violence,” Streep said.

She went on to call for a “principled press” to stand up to Trump, telling them “to hold power to hold power to account, to call to the carpet for every outrage.” She said Hollywood should support the Committee to Protect Journalists, “because we’re going to need them going forward — and they’ll need us to safeguard the truth.”

SHARE this story if you think actors like Meryl Streep need to SHUT UP about politics!

Source: Truthmonitor

1. Marion

January 10, 2017 at 4:07 am

IT WOULD BE TO HER ADVANTAGE TO KEEP HER MOUTH SHUT…….ESPECIALLY SINCE SHE CAN’T GET THINGS STRAIGHT, AND CAN EASILY INCITE A RIOT WITH HER TWISTED TONGUE !!!

• Andre

January 11, 2017 at 7:46 pm

AMEN !!!!!

• Andre

January 11, 2017 at 7:50 pm

Dear Hollywood celebrities and actors you only have a place in my world to entertain me. That’s it.

You make your living pretending to be someone else. Playing dress up like a 6 year old. You live in a make believe world in front of a camera – and often when you are away from one, too. Your entire existence depends on my patronage.

I’ll crank the organ grinder; you dance.

I don’t really care where you stand on issues. You see, you aren’t real. I turn off my TV or shut down my computer and you cease to exist in my world. Once I am done with you, I can put you back in your little box until I want you to entertain me again. I hope you realize that the only words of yours that matter are scripted. In my world, you exist solely for my entertainment.

So, shut your word hole and dance, monkey!”

-anonymous

• Syl

January 13, 2017 at 7:08 am

You go girl,your so right. I hope this gets back to, Meryl Streep .

• kemajo42

January 13, 2017 at 6:04 pm

agree 100%

• Georgene Bergeron

January 14, 2017 at 12:26 am

Amen to that!

• Ray

January 30, 2017 at 7:02 pm

Actors are told what to do in the role they are in by the DIRECTOR they can interpret the role as they see fit BUT the director makes the final choice… why then do they think they have a fucking right to tell others what they should think outside of hollywood .

2. A. Mullen

January 10, 2017 at 4:10 am

Well I have loved Kurt Russell forever and loved every movie he has been in he is a superb actor and a gentleman. Thank you for speaking up about M .Streep

3. Lynda

January 10, 2017 at 4:41 am

Most definitely, what makes them think the common working person has less intelligence than they do . We are capable to make Up our own minds as to who we vote for. Hope the rest of the shows coming up will realize who wants to watch all the garbage being put out.

4. Kathy Parks

January 10, 2017 at 5:27 am

She says that disrespect breeds disrespect and violence breeds violence, I agree with that, so it appears that she is inciting both. She doesn’t even bother to get the facts before getting up there and running her mouth, she lied!

5. Arlene langston

January 10, 2017 at 5:37 am

The problem with persons who have a line to reach a lot of people are often the worst for telling the truth fairly. What trump did was wrong as was clintons lies and deceits that cost lives. Further to not rebuke clintons for their actions is unfair to all. What will trump do as president…..not too cute ncerned. He has too many people watching him closer than clintons ever were.

6. Marilyn

January 10, 2017 at 5:42 am

Streep went over the line. She is an actress. That’s it…she took advantage of her television coverage to express HER feelings. trump was voted in because the country is going down the tube thanks to your so called leader Obama.
    Get out of LaLa land ,,look around at the Whole Picture…you’re not brain dead are you ,,one incident of childishness to you ruins a persons whole life ? Obviously you and your family must be just perfect… thought you of all people had some class….I was Wrong….

• tinsle

January 10, 2017 at 6:05 am

Could not have said it better, Marilyn…BRAVO!!! (BTW…she could spend a little more time reading and fact checking before she shoots off her mouth)

• Grace

January 10, 2017 at 6:22 am

But we’re going to “need THEM to safeguard the truth”.lol

• Kila Sweet

January 10, 2017 at 1:14 pm

Donald Trump is a B celebrity, thats it. Yet people like you think him deserving of the Presidency. Lmao. Do you even have 2 brain cells to rub together? Pretty sure thats that wall going up. Around whats left of the common sense portion of the Republican party. You people can deny it all you want. Its on video, he does and says these things himself. You just look even stipider for trying to deny or justify it. Its entertaining though, keep going. The best part about this is watching imbeciles flail around with their panties in a twist trying to explain away their horrible loser of a hack celebrity. 3 million more people think hes a train wreck lmao.

• rosey

January 10, 2017 at 4:08 pm

well said Marilyn

• Georgene Bergeron

January 14, 2017 at 12:32 am

The libtards can’t get over the loss of the lying Hillary. Maybe you should grow up and get over yourself. You can’t win them all…

7. Sabrina

January 10, 2017 at 6:22 am

Very distasteful…she just put herself on Rosies level…I will not be watching ANYMORE of Movies…period….

• Virginia Bohn

January 12, 2017 at 3:54 am

NOR WILL I.NOT CLASSY VERY POOR JUDGEMENT ON HER PART. SHE LL SEE THIS WHEN THE BOX OFFICE CAN T MAKE ANY MONEY ON HER.LOL IN FACT SHE WAS MAKING A MOVIE DIRECTED BY RON HOWARD.HOUR AFTER SHE RUN HER MOUTH RON CALLED HER AND SAID YOU HAVE BEEN REPLACED. WTG RON

8. EDYTH Dorning

January 10, 2017 at 11:28 am

They need to act and that is all. I do not care what she or any other actor has to say about politics. They do not tell me what to think or who to vote for. I am am educated adult who can make my own decisions based on facts.

9. Deborah. Burns

January 10, 2017 at 2:43 pm

She has a right to her opinion and so does Kurt Russell.

10. Bobby E. Miller

January 10, 2017 at 3:00 pm

That’s Right If You Don’t Like It Head For The Border It Don’t Matter Which “One”.

11. Kurt Russell

January 10, 2017 at 3:38 pm

That was ‘unloading?’

12. rosey

January 10, 2017 at 4:04 pm

Streep and all the stars are nothing more than burning gas. We the American people made the idiots and gave them wealth and power and we the American people can take it away. A smart movie star would stay in there place and that is doing what they do best pretend there something or someone else they don’t know how to be real so do not go up against the Man unless they are ready to be the loser because when we boycott someone they go broke so get your mouth sewed up and shut the hell up

13. A.Perreault

January 10, 2017 at 4:33 pm

IT WAS NOT A MOCKING OF A HANDICAP MAN. NOT AT ALL ! TRUMP SIMPLY DID AN IMITATION OF A MAN WHO PULLED ON MANY ‘LIBTARD’ HEART STRINGS FOR HIS OWN PURPOSES and IT WORKED FOR THE WEAK-MINDED, SOUL-LESS, HEART-LESS MERYL STREEP WHO USED HER FAME AND FORTUNE TO TWIST IT ON DONALD TRUMP AND TO USE THE GOLDEN GLOBE PLATFORM IN THE SAME MANNER A BEYONCE USES NFL, OR MEGYN KELLEY USES MAINSTREAM MEDIA, OR A KOPERNICK USES THE NAT’L ANTHEM.

14. Claire

January 10, 2017 at 4:48 pm

Were does she get the idea that the Press if principled, they are the biggest liars going. I think she needs a dose of reality….she is just a very over paid actress, who is playing the game, pushing the leftist agenda to keep your job.

15. Flannigan McGaffigan

January 10, 2017 at 4:55 pm

The greater shame, on Streep, is that hewr claim Trump mocked a disabled reporter has already been priven to be untrue.
    So, with a straight face, she lies to the world then encourages support for the Committee to Protect Journalists.
    But why protect journalists if they won’t fact check a LIAR like Streep? Streep = TOTAL SHAME…NOT GOOD!

16. IRENE

January 10, 2017 at 5:53 pm

I know this much there are few movies i watch these days. There are a few actors ans actress that i think stink.

17. magenta28

January 10, 2017 at 6:10 pm

One of the Constitutiom rights it’s Freedom of speech, she has used her right, but let’s wait Donald Trump seats in the WH and see what he does, before crucifying him. I read the pros and cons of the disabled reporter incident, is it real? Is it false?, let’s wait and see. People who has the power to spread their word to masses, has a tremendous power, so they ought to be wise before inciting to riots. America has to get together and regained respect from the world, Mr Trump’s speeaches were the words that the majority of the people wanted to hear, he got the vote of the forgotten, that ignored population without jobs and the fear of Islamic terrorist escalation and USA becoming another Muslim colony as Europe has become. Let’s stop destroying each other, please give the guy a chance.

18. Anne

January 10, 2017 at 6:18 pm

The woman who gave Roman Polanski a standing ovation at the 2003 Golden Globes (he (fled the country for years instead of standing trial for the rape of a 13 year old girl) is someone whose words/judgement I want to listen to. Puleeze…

19. rick

January 10, 2017 at 6:35 pm

shes worst than who she thinks is dad!! what an a–hole.shes nothing..

20. Mary

January 10, 2017 at 7:26 pm

Where did my comment go

21. Charles Parke

January 11, 2017 at 12:06 am

I did watch the 4min. video produced by Catholics for Trump and it totally refutes the notion that Trump made fun of the reporter. IT DOES NOT APPEAR THAT WAY ! I believe that Trump did not mock the reporter. The LEFT probably never saw that Video. It will shatter their IGNORANCE. However when Obama made fun of the Olympics for the disabled on Jay Leno’s show, the left WAS VERY QUIET. Ms. Streep stood on her feet and cheered accused Pedophile Roman Polanski ! Where is her outrage. The Hollywood is made of LIBERAL HYPOCRiTES !!

22. Sandra

January 11, 2017 at 12:08 am

You have to remember that she just attended a party at the White House where I’m sure everyone was trying to make a scene about the Trump administration. Who you hang with determines what you think and how you run your mouth for attention. She turned out to be the bully herself. Being a good actress doesn’t mean you are smart in everything. The stupidity showed. I’m so sorry the american people have to deal with spoiled brats

23. Tmac

January 11, 2017 at 12:27 am

But she had the Gail to stand up and applaud Roman Polanski who raped a 14 year old girl – sold in ovation as she clapped – wow!!!!

24. gail

January 11, 2017 at 1:13 am

Except for the fact your so called journalists are the very last ppl you should trust with the truth. Good thing you ate past your prime MS Streep. You were a brilliant actress but you have allowed your brilliance to sink to the depths of the dark side and now most of this land will never watch another of your efforts. Boo hoo. Too bad you didn’t give a damn when Bill raped, Hillary had so many killed and Obuma opened his pathetic trap in praise of muslims over Christians and left Israelis to do our work alone. Shame on all of you. By the way where the hell did Trump say he was going to Hollyweird to throw out foreigners. I must’ve missed the news that day!!!

25. Clint

January 11, 2017 at 2:58 am

Awww poor acters actresses and journalists! Gimme a break you “land of oz- make believe” losers!

26. michael hoey

January 11, 2017 at 3:57 am

first of all I am a trump man. I am also a bigger fan of kurt russel as opposed to meryl streep. but like these two very successful actors I have my opinion. meryl streep is right on this occasion and nothing anyone says will change my mind

27. Glenda Davis

January 11, 2017 at 4:36 am

She is Hillary’s friend and is now regretting spending all that money she spent on dresses to go to Whitehouse dinners she will NEVER attend. Shouldn’t count your chickens before they hatch…..much like all those Madame President coffee table books that the book stores received TWO WEEKS before the election that had to be shipped back!!

28. Steven Rowitt

January 11, 2017 at 4:43 am

The really sad part of this is that the Clinton mud-slinging ad about Trump mocking a disabled reported was completely bogus. It seems to me that many of these uber liberals are what the communists used to call “useful idiots.” They not only believe the propaganda, they become the conduits for these lies. Read the true story behind this lie. That is, if you care to do so. Anyone with internet access could have proved this was a lie. Why didn’t the mainstream media or even Fox News do what the Catholics for Trump could do. During the primary Trump used the same gestures and vocal stammering to mock Ted Cruz’s response to a question about waterboarding. https://www.catholics4trump.com/the-true-story-donald-trump-did-not-mock-a-reporters-disability/. Read this article and then tell me Trump mocked that reporter for his disability. No wonder he calls the media liars.

29. Lisa Hawks

January 11, 2017 at 2:00 pm

she needs to keep her opinions to herself…quit trying jam your viewpoint down our throats…so STFU

• michael hoey

January 12, 2017 at 6:12 am

you are having your opinion here so why not meryl too

30. Greg Medina

January 11, 2017 at 2:09 pm

Meryl…you just lost all of your “Streep-Cred”.

31. carro desconto para deficientes

January 11, 2017 at 2:33 pm

Outrossim, ao adquirir guia, você saberá quais são as
    doenças crônicas que fazem parte do favor. Sem descrever que
    guia trepar mostra como uma pessoa saudável pode também conseguir esse benefício, desde que faça transporte de um familiar deficiente ou com
    a doença relato que pertence à lista dos beneficiários.

32. Sequoya

January 11, 2017 at 7:02 pm

Where was she when Hillary should have been held accountable??? Oh, that’s right, if you’re a liberal you can push the boundaries and everybody will pretend they didn’t see it. I’m so glad Mr. Trump is draining the swamp…..

33. Beth Brodt

January 11, 2017 at 10:40 pm

She is a Citizen of this country and has Every Right to speak her mind… Freedom of Speech is protected and should always be! You don’t think she has credentials to speak? ANY CITIZEN DOES! In this context, factory workers, secretaries, salespeople, defined by their occupations, should NOT be allowed to have opinions or speak up? When ONLY “elected politicians” have the right to speak, you have Autocracy and Fascism. Protect YOUR OWN right to speak by supporting others’ rights. YOU might have something to say, do you want to be oppressed?

• tagmouse

February 1, 2017 at 8:39 pm

You are correct. She has every right to speak her mind. My beef is that used a forum where you are a captive audience celebrating her accomplishments to vomit her opinion about Trumps supposed mocking a disabled reporter. Where she spewed her crapola was inappropriate I don’t care how the liberal “celebrities or morally bankrupt Democrats care to spin it.

34. michael hoey

January 12, 2017 at 6:16 am

hard to believe randy quaid could be so stupid. maybe he really believes he is jerry lee lewis