LaVar Responds After President Trump Helped Release His Son From China

LaVar Ball commented after President Trump took credit Wednesday for negotiating the release of Ball’s son, UCLA freshman LiAngelo Ball, and his two teammates from China.

“Who?” LaVar responded when asked by ESPN about Trump.

“What, was he over there for?” Ball stated. “Don’t tell me nothing. Everybody wants to make it seem like he helped me out.”

The three UCLA players were arrested in China November 7, for stealing from three different high-priced stores, including Louis Vuitton.

President Trump, who was visiting China talked to the President Xi Jinping about that issue.

“President Xi has been terrific on the subject,” Trump stated Tuesday. “What they did was unfortunate. You know, you’re talking about very long prison sentences. They do not play games.”

Wednesday, following the release of the three players, President Trump wrote on Twitter about how serious the problem was.

However, LaVar is not so sure how serious was President Trump’s role in freeing his son or how serious was the situation for him.

“As long as my boy’s back here, I’m fine,” he stated for ESPN. “I’m happy with how things were handled. A lot of people like to say a lot of things that they thought happened over there.

“Like I told him, ‘They try to make a big deal out of nothing sometimes.’ I’m from LA. I’ve seen a lot worse things happen than a guy taking some glasses.”

The player didn’t mind thanking President Trump for his contribution.

“We’re young men, but it’s not an excuse for making a really stupid decision,” LiAngelo Ball stated Wednesday during a press conference. “I’m extremely sorry for those I let down. I’d also like to thank President Trump and the United States government for the help they provided as well.”

Jalen Hill and Cody Riley, the other two players, also thanked President Trump at the press conference.

“We really appreciate you [President Donald Trump for] helping us out,” Riley stated.

UCLA has decided to suspend the players, but officials are still debating on how long the suspension should last, probably the whole season.

Please share this post on Facebook with your thoughts.

What is your opinion on this? Scroll down to comment below!

1. Richard Misel Jr

November 18, 2017 at 10:59 pm

I think they should have been left in China to do their time for teir crime. What about other Americans in jail in other countrys, Should President Trump get the out of jail too.?

2. Brenda Myers

November 18, 2017 at 11:06 pm

i am happy they were released and had the courtesy to thank our president the father is a hater and I hope they don’t turn out like him I wish them all the best

3. Noris

November 18, 2017 at 11:10 pm

THE LORD REBUKE LaVar Ball!!! BAD EXAMPLE AS A FATHER TO HIS THIEF SON SENTENCE TO 10 YEARS IN CHINA’S RIGOROUS PRISON!!!

GOD BLESS MR. PRESIDENT TRUMP WHO SAVED THE NAUGHTY SKIN OF THESE THREE FOOLS TO SPEND 10 YEARS IN FORCED LABOR CAMP!!!

• Rene

November 19, 2017 at 5:38 am

There are people who are ingrates. In this case the parent did not appreciate what Pres. Trump did for his son and two other shoplifters-they could have been sentenced for years in prison. These ballers are either ignorant or too spoiled to think they can do in other countries what they can do here in America, where they are treated with kids gloves. Hope the parents should give credits where credits are due.

4. ted pryse

November 18, 2017 at 11:33 pm

if obama wes president he would have gotten a thank you ball take your crook son and you out of here

5. Lavona Areno

November 19, 2017 at 12:01 am

If you aren’t thankful for someone trying to get 3 thieves back they should have been left over there. IT’S NOT ABOUT PRESIDENT TRUMP HELPING THEIR SORRY BUTT’S OVER THERE…..IT ABOUT 3 STUPID PEOPLE IN ANOTHER COUNTRY STEALING FROM BUSINESSES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT FATHER WOULD BE COMPLAINING THAT PRESIDENT TRUMP DIDN’T HELP HIS STUPID KID IF HE WOULDN’T HAVE STEPPED IN!! THESE BOYS NEED TO BE PROSECUTED FOR PULLING THAT IN A COUNTRY THAT WOULD HAVE THROWN AWAY THE KEY OR USED THEM FOR EXAMPLES. THEY EMBARRASSED OUR COUNTRY, THEIR SCHOOLS, THEMSELVES. IDIOTS. AND THEN YOU WANT TO DISS OUR PRESIDENT….THE FATHER IS A JERK~ I’M SICK OF PEOPLE DOWNING THE PRESIDENT BUT THAT’S WHAT I EXPECT THEM TO DO. HATE IT!! WHAT GOES AROUND WILL COME AROUND FOR THE COMPLAINERS.

6. bob

November 19, 2017 at 3:50 pm

I just wonder what the POS pop would be saying if his thieving spawn were left to rot in a Chinese prison.

7. Tired of the drama and stealing

November 19, 2017 at 5:01 pm

Should have left them there.

8. Yolanda

November 19, 2017 at 8:52 pm

This father….well, I don’t want to call him a father. That he isn’t. You’re a jerk! President Trump should of left your thieving son there to rot in jail for ten years. Fine example you are dipshit. You’re probably a thief too…….training your son to follow in your footsteps. Fine job you’re doing ass××××!!

9. J.

November 20, 2017 at 1:05 am

I wonder if he would have preferred to get his son back home in the condition Otto Wambeir’s (sp?) father received his son back home…expecting him to live after recovering from an ordeal. Shoplifting is serious regardless of where it happens, but things like that are taken much more seriously other places around the world such as China, NK, Middle East, etc. These people do not think or act as we do or would about much of anything. Cultural differences are huge! So Mr Ball, no one is asking you too kiss a ring or anything, but some [what should be] heartfelt gratefulness is indeed in order if you are thankful to have a healthy and whole child back home!

10. william

November 20, 2017 at 4:16 am

Lavar Ball your an ass hole, I would have left your son over there, hard labor, spoiled brats anyhow, Lavar Ball your such trash it’s pathetic !

11. Maria

November 20, 2017 at 5:21 am

Sad to say but, some people are so arrogant that they don’t show any gratitude. With that attitude his son might not be a successful basketball player. SIN of the FATHER!!!