Meghan McCain Shuts Down David Hogg Following March For Our Lives ‘Rhetoric’ [VIDEO]

Meghan McCain shut down Parkland student and anti-gun activist David Hogg following his profanity-laced speech Saturday at the March For Our Lives in Washington, DC.

“One thing I will say is that, you don’t move the narrative when you use language like this,” McCain explained.

The comments came Monday during The View as her co-hosts were praising Hogg for speaking his mind at the gun-control march organized by survivors of the Parkland school shooting.

WATCH:

“I was curious all weekend if anyone who didn’t already support the cause had their minds changed,” McCain shared. “Was there any NRA members, pro-gun people who were watching. I watched because I knew we would talk about it. I actually — there were a lot of comments coming out specifically from David Hogg that I just don’t…”

“Who’s he,” Joy Behar quipped.

“One of the big kids. One thing I will say is that, you don’t move the narrative when you use language like this,” McCain continued. “‘He said, ‘it just makes me think what sick blankers out there want to continue to sell more guns, murder more children and honestly just get reelected. What type of blanking person does that. ‘They could have blood from children splattered all over their faces and they don’t take action because all they see are dollar signs.’”

“There’s another kid, Kyle Kashuv, who is the Second Amendment, pro-supporter, that also was a Parkland student who’s been meeting with so many politicians including Vice President Pence twice, the President of the United States and congressmen and senators across the country,” she continued. “I wish we could have it where the rhetoric isn’t that any of us could ‘have blood splattered on our faces and your life perspective wouldn’t be changed.’ I don’t think it’s productive.”

“But what if he feels that way,” Sunny Hostin responded. “I too was surprised the language I heard from politicians. The language I heard from Rick Santorum who basically said, you know, things that were inappropriate.”

“Well here’s the thing, these kids are not going to take it,” Whoopi Goldberg interjected. “They are sick of waiting for the adults to do it. They are letting you know. Whether they’re cussing you out or speaking beautifully. It doesn’t matter.”

1. ME White

March 28, 2018 at 2:07 am

And Whopper is so intelligent she can’t even comb her hair!

• Mr. Ed

March 28, 2018 at 2:47 am

Amen to that!!!

• God Almighty

March 28, 2018 at 3:24 am

A pitchfork would do it for her.

2. paulette

March 28, 2018 at 6:30 am

ONE OF THE BIG KIDS??NO MORE LIKE A LITTLE KID WITH A BIG ASS MOUTH

3. Tom

March 28, 2018 at 8:17 am

I am a responsible gin owner, I obtained my guns by following the LAW. Federal background checks.Now my guns which i use for hunting are not semi automatics the rifles have 5 round clips. My pistol clip holds 10 rounds fully loaded. Non of my guns have ever got up from they’re resting places and threatened any living human being and if they were capable of doing that all by themselves i would not own them. But they cannot, All weapons whether a gun,Knife,club or any other inanimate item can only cause harm when controlled by a human. Therefore it is not the weapon that is the problem but the person who decides to use it for evil purposes. So lets place the blame where it should be and that is on the person not the item. Anti gun advocates reason that guns should be banned because of the deaths attributed them. But never compare the thousands of deaths caused by Alcohol and cars or the millions caused by cigarettes. Or even the thousands killed by trained police officers,Which far exceeds the murders caused by mass shootings. You have to wait 3 days to buy a gun which in the wrong hands can kill, Yet you have to wait 18 months or more to buy a surpressor for that same gun which only cuts down the noise by a few decibels and saves your hearing, This is because they are refered to as Silencers. They do not reduce the sound to anywhere near what they show in the movies or tv shows but people who have never seen a real one being used judge by tv/movie hype. So please get all the facts right and the reasoning before you judge anything or try to stop people from owning or using anything.

• Tammy

March 28, 2018 at 6:26 pm

These kids are listening to the adults…the liberal adults. They don’t even see they are being used.
      I also own 6-7 guns, I have a CCL license and often carry. My guns have never killed anyone, they don’t leave me or their locked cabinet. I enjoy target shooting. My largest clip holds 15 rounds. I wish people would stop watching tv also. 2 weeks ago I wished I had a silencer. I use ear plugs and don’t know what happened but I shot and my ear started ringing…I couldn’t hear out of that ear for 3 days. I would love to buy one…but its almost impossible because dumb uneducated people think my gun will be totally silent. I’ve seen these same idiots showing pictures of a 22 rifle and saying it needs to be banned because its a Military grade weapon…maybe in a 3rd world country!

I wish we could ban stupid people who don’t even learn about something they are set on taking away from people who do!

4. Rich

March 28, 2018 at 3:34 pm

These are nothing but kids who don’t know a thing about life. I fought in Vietnam at 18 y/o so I may have been a yr older than some of these kids. We didn’t come home from Nam demanding gun control. Stuff happens in life and we can’t always change it. If this is enough to drive them bonkers then I’m afraid they’re in for a hard life. This Hogg punk wants gun control but don’t tell him he has to carry a see thru backpack b/c you’re infringing on his 1st Amendment rights. Get it right Hogg b/c you can’t have it both ways. This crap that 70% approve of all this is BS too!

5. Michael D Brandenburg

March 28, 2018 at 6:01 pm

well that wasted 3 or 4 minutes of my time, fake headline

6. Mary E. Wambach

March 28, 2018 at 6:02 pm

Incredible how you keep missing the point. Meghan didn’t ‘shut anybody down’, especially David Hogg or Whoopi. It’s not about Whoopi’s hair or race, but I guess you guys are here to show the real lack of substance among those who are willing to pretend that a felon, a cheat, a liar and a phony “christian” is in any way qualified to do anything except host a reality show.

7. Nick Carter

March 28, 2018 at 6:04 pm

Come on conservatives. You are really being stupid talking about this stuff. We need to be jailing Obama, Clinton, Comey & Meuller. The Dimtards have tricked you into wasting time defending, when you should be attacking them. Wake up!

8. Rebecca Nickerson

March 28, 2018 at 6:12 pm

These kids do have an opinion. But I do think we as adults need to stress self control and listening to others without name calling. SELF CONTROL or they can’t change anything.Its wonderful to have passion to change for the good. Not violent rioting. The left makes me nervous. But careful adults that you don’t begin to encourage riots ! Whoopie you for one. I hate guns..but WE DO NEED THE RIGHT TO BEAR ARMs…. in case of tyranny by government or out of control young people rioting. the old saying texting has killed more lives than guns, their not demanading cell phone be banned or violent video games. They are being used to push an agenda for the far left.One who has influence can be mature enough to speak in a controlled manner to reason with others.

9. cindy Sutton

March 28, 2018 at 6:35 pm

Whoopi, just shut up, you ALL make me sick.