Several NASCAR team owners said Sunday they would not condone racers protesting during the national anthem, amid protests by sports players at football and baseball games.

There were no protests reported during “The Star-Spangled Banner” at the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series in New Hampshire, according to The Associated Press.

Former NASCAR champion Richard Petty told the AP that any member of his team would be fired if they chose to protest the national anthem. Petty now owns Richard Petty Motorsports.

“Anybody that don’t stand up for the anthem oughta be out of the country. Period. What got ’em where they’re at? The United States,” Petty said in comments reported by The AP.

Richard Childress, a former drive who owns Richard Childress Racing, said any protests from his team members would “get you a ride on a Greyhound bus.”

“Anybody that works for me should respect the country we live in. So many people gave their lives for it. This is America,” Childress reportedly said.

The comments from the NASCAR owners come as NFL players took part in protests at games across the country after Trump slammed players who take a knee, rather than stand, during the national anthem.

“Wouldn’t you love to see one of these NFL owners, when somebody disrespects our flag, to say, ‘Get that son of a b—- off the field right now,'” Trump said during a Friday rally. “‘He is fired.'”

1. Rebecca Higgs

September 24, 2017 at 9:12 pm

NASCAR is going to get a lot more fans for standing up and honoring our National Anthem and Flag. NFL can kiss my ass

• MrsDianne Kirkwood

September 24, 2017 at 9:20 pm

I agree, not patriotic to dis our country at all!

• Buzz

September 25, 2017 at 3:23 am

West Virginia State Board of Education vs Barnett 1943. Educate yourself so you can quit embarrassing yourself. And you can kiss the Supreme Courts ass while you are at it..

• Yura Rétard

September 26, 2017 at 2:39 pm

Do you work at being an idiot?

2. Phyllis White

September 24, 2017 at 9:13 pm

Yes, that’s what every coach or owner should do if the players show disrespect!

3. Brock

September 24, 2017 at 9:15 pm

F football and baseball and basketball if you disrespect the flag I’ll won’t watch you. Over paid spoil brats

4. billy miller

September 24, 2017 at 9:16 pm

NASCAR is doing the right thing, I can not watch the NFL or NBA, I am so glad I can watch NASCAR, “GOD BLESS OUR GREAT PRESIDENT”, “MR DONALD JOHN TRUMP”, GOD BLESS AMERICA,

• Fannie

September 24, 2017 at 9:39 pm

It is time for All sports figures to put a stop to this nonsense, Sports are to be enjoyed not “preached” to. I do not mean that disrespectful – I mean it is time to save their protest for OFF THE FIELD, BASKETBALL COURT – BASEBALL DIAMOND. You should all be proud to live in a Country that affords you the freedoms you have and the huge salaries you make. It would not be possible if it were not for the people living and dead who have paid with their lives and many that are handicapped because of it. Many are still out there every day still fighting for all of us. Respect our flag and our Anthem is not too much to expect from you – no matter if you are, black, purple, pink, white or green. We live with freedoms at what others did and are doing for us. Show your disrespect some place else. I stand and salute NASCAR AND THANK THEM FOR THE COURAGE AND STRENGTH THEY HAVE. I Praise the Lord for giving some people the courage and guts it takes to make a positive stand. Bravo – Braco – Bravo…

• paulette

September 24, 2017 at 11:38 pm

@FAMMIE,PRAISE THE LORD AMEN AND AMEN

• paulette

September 24, 2017 at 11:36 pm

@BILLY AMEN AND AMEN

5. Bernard garrett

September 24, 2017 at 9:17 pm

Richard Petty s a true American and a gentleman, all sports owner should follow him in this un american act,

6. Karen Horvot

September 24, 2017 at 9:22 pm

Good job NASCAR!

7. T.JONES

September 24, 2017 at 9:23 pm

NFL WAYYYYYY OVER PAID AND WAYYYYYYY UNDER BRAINED.THEY DON’T RESPECT OUR ANTHEM AND FLAG SHIP THEIR SORRY ASSES TO A THIRD WORLD COUNTRY ..THEY WOULD BE BEGGING TO COME BACK TO THIS GREAT COUNTRY AMERICA……………

8. Dan Williams

September 24, 2017 at 9:24 pm

I may dislike what you say, but, I support freedom of speech for everyone.

• Kerry Cale

September 24, 2017 at 11:56 pm

You are confusing our individual first amendment rights with the employee/employer relationship.
      The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the NFL League Rulebook. It states:

“The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem.

“During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition…

…It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.” You don’t get to say or do whatever you want at work.

9. David Ross Sr

September 24, 2017 at 9:24 pm

Shouldn’t of had to threaten any of them but appreciate your respect thank toy

10. vanessa mc cowan

September 24, 2017 at 9:25 pm

Well finally someone doing the right thing I am so tired of see such disrespect to this country. The NFL needs to take a page out the the NASCAR book of doing the right thing. So great job for them The NFL will and are going to pay for what is going on I am sick of the cry babies and two face liars in that league so piss off NFL

11. Susan

September 24, 2017 at 9:31 pm

They wont fire anyone ….they will lose money. Same with NFL owners.

12. Kenneth

September 24, 2017 at 9:37 pm

Hats off to NASCAR. True example of patriotism

13. Pingback: NASCAR Owners Threaten to Fire Drivers, Crew Members Who Protest National Anthem – Conservative Politics

14. Mauri

September 24, 2017 at 10:51 pm

To all the NASCAR owners: Thank you for your stance on this issue. If I had any respect for the NFL previously, I sure as hell don’t now. I can easily get by without watching any NFL games from here on out.

15. Paul

September 24, 2017 at 11:03 pm

For the First time in My Life I purposely did not turn on the TV during football season, It Pains me. But I can not in good conscious watch an organization that allows its employees to openly disrespect this country. No company, No Business anywhere in the world would allow there people to do this in there respective country. Is this so hard for people to understand.
    On A positive note. Jerry Jones (The much hated Cowboys Owner(I’m an Eagles Fan)said today. “That if any player,coach or employee for the Dallas Cowboys shows any disrespect during the National Anthem they will be fired on the spot no matter who they are”…… I just might become a Dallas Cowboys Fan.

16. Lynne

September 25, 2017 at 12:21 am

I believe I just became a big gan of Nascar

17. mhw

September 25, 2017 at 8:07 am

Their, “We are protesting racial inequalities” is a joke. How much more unequal is a black man hoarding and ridiculous spending of his 10’s of millions of $$$$$$$$$$$ playing a game versus a poor black man trying to survive and feed his family? Where’s their equal status there? They want to spend their cash on themselves and want whites to foot the bill instead. Hypocrites!!!

18. Jim

September 25, 2017 at 4:50 pm

All my thanks to NASCAR for their stance on this issue. These racist black morans should be removed from our country. Lets see if I have the right information, police kill drug dealers, murderers, rapists, and people that try to kill them. Now I know these thugs are the heros to the black community. I would think obama should be their hero, oh thats right, obama never did anything for the black except tell them thats its okay to kill white police officers. Where are these athletes when their own people are killing thousands of their own in chicago and detroit and everywhere in our country. I’ll tell you where they are. IN THEIR OWN LITTLE WORLD. EVEN THEY CANNOT STAND THEIR OWN PEOPLE.