National Anthem Singer Just Took Kaepernick’s Protest to the Next Level [VIDEO]

The singer of the national anthem at Sunday’s Seattle Seahawks and Tennessee Titans game took a knee at the end of the song.

Megan Lindsey and her guitar player got down on one knee after performing the national anthem. The crowd cheered as she did so.

Players from both teams remained in their lockers rooms during the song in a joint protest.

Members of the Seahawks and Titans decided to sit out the national anthem in the wake of President Trump’s comments attacking NFL players who knelt during the anthem.

Both teams released statements announcing the decision and in support of their players.

The Pittsburgh Steelers also chose to remain in the team’s locker room during the national anthem. Only one player emerged during the song.

Players from multiple NFL teams have been kneeling during the national anthem after Trump called for players who do so to be fired. Others have locked arms in solidarity.

Watch the video below:

1. Jesmond

September 24, 2017 at 11:04 pm

It is **ing distguting all of these assholes.

2. Bob Burn

September 24, 2017 at 11:12 pm

Someone should break her knees so she would really know the meaning of taking a knee

3. Linda Sutter

September 24, 2017 at 11:13 pm

SHAMEFUL BUT MEN AND WOMEN DIED FOR HER RIGHT, JUST sad TO DO IT ON THE AMERICAN STAGE WHERE OUR SOLDIERS WHO DIED AND STILL FIGHT FOR HER, JUST DISRESPECTFUL.

4. Angela Langdon

September 24, 2017 at 11:15 pm

I will Boycott Any Team that Allows Kneeling.
    I will Boycott Any Sponsor that Condones Kneeling.
    These players are on OUR Time, Not theirs!

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
    Credit to Stanislaus Drew for what is written below:

You want to take a knee?

Take a little trip to Valley Forge in January. If you don't know where that is, just Google it from the sidelines. Hold a musket ball in your fingers and imagine it piercing your flesh and breaking a bone or two. There won't be a doctor or trainer to assist you until after the battle, so just wait your turn.Take your cleats and socks off to get a real experience.
    Then take a knee.

Then, take one at the beach in Normandy where man after American man stormed the beach, even as the one in front of him was shot to pieces…the very sea stained with American blood. The only blockers most had were the dead bodies in front of them, riddled with bullets from enemy fire

Take a knee in the sweat soaked jungles of Vietnam. from Khe San to Saigon…Anywhere will do. Americans died in all those jungles.There was no playbook that told them what was next, but they knew what flag they represented. When they came home, they were protested as well..and spit on for reasons only cowards know.

Take another knee in the blood drenched sands of Fallujah in 110 degree heat..Wear your Kevlar helmet and battle dress…Your number won't be printed on it unless your number is up! You'll need to stay hydrated but there won't be anyone to squirt Gatorade into your mouth. You're on your own.

There's a lot of places to take a knee. Americans have given their lives all over the world. When you use the banner under which they fought as a source for your displeasure, you dishonor the memories of those who bled for the very freedoms you have. That's what the red stripes mean. It represents the blood of those who spilled a sea of it defending your liberty.

While you're on your knee, pray for those that came before you, not on a manicured lawn striped and printed with numbers to announce every inch of ground taken…but on nameless hills and bloodied beaches and sweltering forests and bitter cold mountains…every inch marked by an American life lost serving that flag you protest

No cheerleaders, no announcers, no coaches, no fans…just American men and women…delivering the real fight against those who chose to harm us…blazing a path so you would have the right to "take a knee."

You haven't an inkling what it took to get you where you are…but your "protest" is duly noted. Not only is it disgraceful to a nation of real heroes, it serves the purpose of pointing to your ingratitude for those who chose to defend you under that banner that will still wave long after your jersey is retired..

If you really feel the need to take a knee, come with me to church on Sunday and we'll both kneel before Almighty God. We'll thank him for preserving this country for as long as He has. We'll beg forgiveness for our ingratitude for all He has provided us. We'll appeal to Him for understanding and wisdom. We'll pray for liberty and justice for all…because He is the one who provides those things.

But there will be no protest. There will only be gratitude for His provision and a plea for His continued grace and mercy on the land of the free and the home of the brave. It goes like this…

GOD BLESS AMERICA!
    By Stanislaus Drew

PLEASE SHARE

• paulette

September 24, 2017 at 11:25 pm

@ANGELA,PRAISE THE LORD THAT WAS SO WELL PUT,BROUGHT TEARS TO MY EYES,IM SO DISGUSTED AT WHATS GOING ON IN THIS COUNTRY,I AGREE WITH YOU AND I AGREE WITH TRUMP.

• Fannie

September 25, 2017 at 12:00 am

Angela – thank you for that from Stanislaus Drew. I sit here with tears in my eyes reading it. To You – Meghan Lindsy I say BOO-HISS and may you NEVER EVER be invited again to sing and show your anti-American side.

• ellen lesser

September 26, 2017 at 5:17 am

I hope her actions get her what she deserves. NO sympathy like the Dixie Chicks. For you and all celebrities, Keep your opinions to yourself, you’re only getting paid to perform.

• Dona A.

September 25, 2017 at 4:42 am

Amen! Hey let’s just Ban football- see how they kneel then!

• kabowings

September 24, 2017 at 11:59 pm

How can Mr. Drew’s remarks be posted to outlets for all to read?

• Margaret Burris

September 25, 2017 at 1:39 am

His remarks show that He is proud of his and my country and his respect for all the men and women that serves and the ones that died to let these stupid ungrateful assumes that kneels for the National Anthem, I think the owners should fire them and put their names on a do not hire board.

• Renee

September 25, 2017 at 1:42 am

You must copy and paste it. I just did to my FB account.

• Patti

September 25, 2017 at 1:51 pm

Copy and paste.

• sarita

September 25, 2017 at 3:21 am

Thank you! Apparently there are some products that advertise with the NFL. Good idea to boycott them.

5. AHZZ

September 24, 2017 at 11:25 pm

Oh, say can you see,
    By the dawn’s early light,
    What so proudly we hailed,
    At the twilight’s last gleaming?
    Whose broad stripes and bright stars,
    Through the perilous fight,
    O’er the ramparts we watched,
    Were so gallantly streaming.
    And the rocket’s red glare,
    The bombs bursting in air,
    Gave proof through the night,
    That our flag was still there.
    Oh say does that star spangled banner yet wave,
    For the land of the free, and the home of the brave.

~~~ STAND or fall ~~~

• barbara

September 25, 2017 at 2:07 am

these are words that say it all.

• Concerned citizen

September 25, 2017 at 5:44 am

Isn’t there more? You miss the point because you use what suits you. SING, cite the ENTIRE song! Remove your rose colored glasses and cease repeating the bigoted tripe coming from angry white men. The guys making the most noise do so because they resent the money black athletes make. Period! They resent any person of color being prosporous. They assume Black athletes have no right to live in beautiful homes or drive exotic cars, while they (AWM) have mediocre jobs, untalented and undereducated children and wives that would leave them in a minute for a Rich Black Man. trump is a divisive manipulative demon using his power to send the entire country into a state of chaos while he and his family commit unthinkable crimes against ordinary american people that makes them more money. Why aren’t we more concerned about trump doing the work of the POTUS?

6. Irene Hinesman

September 24, 2017 at 11:29 pm

Whomever Stanislaus Drew is, he’s a patriot who wrote a wonderful commentary. Thank you.

7. Billie McClune

September 24, 2017 at 11:34 pm

Men and Women have died so that we can have the Freedoms we enjoy. This is not about the color of ones skin but about respecting the Flag and the Country that allows you the right to have free speech. Disrespecting the Flag, has no bearing, on the color of ones skin , what so ever and should have never been brought into this situation. This is not the time or the place to act out as many children and young Adults are learning that disrespecting America is o.k. Yes , you knot heads, stay in the Locker room and vent your hatred some where else. You make millions playing a game, so just play your game and leave Politics out of it. If you feel that the blacks are getting a raw deal, why not stop the everyday slaughter of blacks, men , women and children in Chicago and many other cities. Where is your outrage on this? Ninety percent of blacks are killing blacks and no one seems to care. Ask the Veterans how they feel about your childish attitude . You are only playing with a football, while many are out there losing there limbs and dying to keep America free. You owe them the respect they have earned and deserve.

• Rogelio Escobedo

September 24, 2017 at 11:50 pm

IN MY OPINION: THE ONE-KNEE PROTEST DURING THE NATIONAL ANTHEM IS AGAINST TRUMP’S RACISM COMMENTS IN THE CHARLOTTESVILLE INCIDENT AND OTHER DISRESPECTFUL COMMENTS HE HAS MADE AS POTUS 45. HE IS A DISGRACE TO AMERICA-WORSE THAN DISRESPECTING THE FLAG AND THE NATIONAL ANTHEM. —SEMPER FI!

• Mary Kay

September 25, 2017 at 12:30 am

Sorry you’re not happy Rogelio. You’re welcome to return to your native country. My son is Army, we support our president!

• Barb Leonard

September 25, 2017 at 12:46 am

Trump’s racism comments in Charlottesville? I would like you to find the direct quote of what he said instead of repeating the liberal spin. There was nothing disrespectful or racist about his comments. But the libs were quick to spin it so people like you, whom I doubt even heard the actual comments, would repeat it over and over until it becomes truth. The silent majority elected Trump and all the repeating of liberal myth about him won’t keep them from electing him again. So, I will await your video of Trump’s entire comment as proof he is a racist and a disgrace.
        The disgrace is people like you who pull out the “racist” card to win an argument with absolutely nothing but smoke and mirrors to back you up. BTW, Trump did not call for the NFL to fire anyone. His comments were “wouldn’t you love to see one of the owners fire a guy who is kneeling for the National Anthem”. No one reads for content anymore because it is easier to let the politicians tell us what they want us to believe.

• R Hewett

September 25, 2017 at 1:43 am

Rogelio Escobedo – I’m sick and tired of the frighin blame game!!! Taking a knee started last year before Trump was President. It has nothing to do with his comments and everything to do with lack of respect for America and every person who has ever served in anyway to honor and protect this country. These players are totally responsible for their own actions and choices. They need to leave, go to another country if they do not respect our military and our first responders. These ball players , do just that, play a stupid unnecessary game and guess what…they are just as unnecessary as the stupid game is! I hope the NFL goes broke! And if you are Semper Fi, shame on you!

• lewis skulnik

September 25, 2017 at 2:29 am

Get a clue, Trump told the TRUTH about ANTIFA.

• Fmiller

September 25, 2017 at 3:04 am

You are as liberal as the idiots that are protesting you don’t like America you and the ball players should leave

• Rosie

September 25, 2017 at 3:51 am

The person who set up the Charlottesville protest was an Obama supporter and an occupy wall street guy which means he is a democrat and Obama plant most likely.

• Donna Burkhart

September 25, 2017 at 10:47 am

You disrespecting our President puts you in the same class, look in a mirror. Then you say Semper Fi, really, if you are really a marine, then SHAME on you!

• William

September 25, 2017 at 7:00 pm

What racist comments did Trump say??? I dare you to tell the truth, too. You’re a lying POS if you think Trump made racist or disrespectful comments. Let’s see where he did that. SHow us PROOF, lier.

• F.K.Goff

September 26, 2017 at 1:09 am

This entire kneeling in protest started by Colon Kaepernick on September 1, 2016. Donald Trump was a candidate then and not the President. And most laughed at the thought that he would become President.

• Chris

September 25, 2017 at 10:27 pm

Come on please tell us what Trump said that was racist. Stop watching MSM they are definitely brainwashing you. Start think for yourself.

• Gerrie

September 25, 2017 at 3:46 am

Strange that you r also disrespecting your fellow black men n women who have n are fighting in the military. Put n keep your thoughts out of the games. There is a place n time to discuss these issues. We come to watch a sporting event n honor our freedom.. Not to have you take center stage with disrepect. Also learn how to respect people in authority.

8. John Stevenson

September 24, 2017 at 11:38 pm

We will not be going to any NFL games or watching any games on tv

9. Lucillle Cleveland

September 24, 2017 at 11:38 pm

This is going too far now. It has to be stopped . All these liberal people should be ashamed of themselves. I wish and hope they leave this country, the are not worthy to live here. I never use the word hate but I really hate all who do not honor our flag. I wonder if they were in the service fighting for our country. I would not think the were because this would never happ

10. Rogelio Escobedo

September 24, 2017 at 11:47 pm

• RDB

September 24, 2017 at 11:53 pm

Rogelio Escobedo – I hate to have to dress down a fellow Marine, but President Trump DID NOT make racist comments… AT ALL. Why don’t you do a little research and find out what he really said instead of getting sucked into the spin CNN, MSNBC, etc.? Shame on you, I have a very difficult time believing that you are really a Marine because Semper Fi means always faithful and your written drivel here is anything BUT faithful.

• Joe Carr

September 25, 2017 at 12:01 am

Semper Fi? Take a look at some of our National Cemeteries and see how many brother Marines rest there. Obama was no friend of the military. This whole situation has occurred because some jock wasn’t good enough to keep his job. Had he been good enough, none of this would have happened. How dumb and gullable people are.

• Stacy

September 25, 2017 at 12:12 am

Thank God that’s your opinion. There was no racist comments that he said and I have Jewish in me. Calling someone a nazi who clearly supports Israel is not a nazi. But having a Muslim lober who threw Israel under the bus just before he left the presidency (Obama!) yeah who really is the nazi lover here! OBAMA!

By the way I was never a trump supporter. In fact I wanted the half Cuban half American guy. You know like you lefty DemonRats wanted a half black/half white guy! Yeah I wanted Cruz. But I did vote for trump and I do not regret it. Also I’m a bisexual that really disagrees… wait no! I hate the fact that you lefty assholes are trying to push your perverse ways onto everybody. As much as it’s a freedom of speech to take a knee, it’s as much a freedom of speech of one rejects LGBT. They have that right and I respect that. Also I’m married for 15 years to a Christian male that never once discrimated against me for being bisexual or having Jewish in me. Also I have 5 kids that I teach that my perverse ways is wrong. Even I know that and I will not let my kids be brainwashed by the likes of lefty freaks.

Must suck knowing a female that is conservative, having Jewish in her, and being bisexual and married to a Christian male, can see the liberal nuts trying to brainwash the entire nation for only 3% of the country gays. My husband served honorably in the army and I’m proud to say he ditched all of his steelers shit today. Yes stuff I got him but I am proud of him for that.

Take your liberal issues and shove them up your ass! I’m only 37 and I’m proud to say my 18 year old is a registered republican and my 16 year old will be too. Then my other three kids will be as well. People that actually love the country and raise their kids with the truth will have their kids be the savors of the country you take advantage of for it freedom of speech. Well as long as it’s you guys spewing your racist comments or calling everybody that is white nazis while indeed being the nazi yourself. Freedom of speech only applies to you DemonRats and if a conservative dares to take their freedom of speech and say what they rightfully want and have a right to say… y’all get violent and attack them calling them every damn name in the book.

More power to you. All you DemonRats are doing is making sure that you single out every independent (my husband) and republican white voter and that will be why trump wins again in 2020.

Retards!

• F.K.Goff

September 26, 2017 at 1:14 am

Again, I correct you. Colon Kaepernick first kneeled on September 1, 2016. Donald Trump was a candidate then and many laughed at the thought the he would become President. (I spell Colon instead of Colin, it is my private opinion as colon fits him.)

• Robert G Taurence

September 26, 2017 at 11:25 pm

President Trump is probably more pro Black and pro Gay than any other President — check out all the things he has done and said in support of them. All who accuse him of racism and bigotry are ignoring the facts; they are delusional—

11. Ria

September 24, 2017 at 11:47 pm

I have 14 members in my family plus my husband and his side of the family all fought for freedom!! I am offended that these people have disrespected our American flag!! We are all from Guam USA and proud to be an American!! God is good and He will make America great again!!

12. Donna Refa

September 24, 2017 at 11:53 pm

You all are disgusting, the flag is nog about Presidnt Trump but about our nation and those who fight to defend it. Anyone protesting our flag is not American and does not belong here.. Get out!

13. Joe Carr

September 24, 2017 at 11:54 pm

Another unknown looking for fame. What a shame.

14. Rogelio Escobedo

September 24, 2017 at 11:59 pm

IN MY OPINION: TRUMP IS ANGRY WITH THE NFL PLAYERS WHO DO THE ONE-KNEE PROTEST AGAINST TRUMP.—TRUMP IS NOT USED TO BEING CHALLENGED WITH THAT TYPE OF POWER. —TRUMP-WHICH I BELIEVE IS DISGRACE TO AMERICA-HAS BEEN SHOWING RED FLAGS OF RACISM EVER SINCE THE PRESIDENTIAL CAMPAIGN. —NOW THE PLAYERS HAVE TAKEN A STAND AGAINST TRUMP’S RED FLAGS OF RACISM. —BUT TRUMP IS HIDING BEHIND A “FAKE PATRIOTISM” IN ORDER TO MISLEAD THE THOSE IN THE COURT OF PUBLIC OPINION TO BELIEVE THAT HE IS TRUE TO AMERICA. —BUT LET ME REMIND YOU-THAT ONE HONEST MOVE BY A LIAR AND CON ARTIST WILL BE USED TO COVER FOR DOZENS OF DISHONEST ONES. —AMERICANS BE WARE OF THE MASTER OF DECEIT-HE IS A GOD TO THE GULLIBLE! —SEMPER FI!

• Renee

September 25, 2017 at 1:38 am

You really are not too informed are you? You should stay silent when you don’t know what’s going on. I don’t like Trump, but this has nothing to do with him. It’s a protest aimed at Police Officers shooting and killing criminals. But not all criminals, and not the majority of criminals. Just the black criminals. And their using their disrespect of The Stars and Stripes, The Star Spangled Banner, and every Man and woman who have fought for their Freedom and Liberty to do so. They could actually do so much to change the situation in inner city black communities. They have the means and notoriety to change the course of young black men, but they don’t have the will or the desire to actually do something good. Their own lives are filled with women, drugs, and criminal activity. And these are the men that young black men and boys look up to. You don’t see in the media the ones who attend church, are faithful to their wives, and take care and love their children. Most of these men who where shot and killed committing crimes and threatening police don’t even know who their Dad’s are! Half raised, by single Mom’s, with siblings from other Dad’s, all on welfare. You tell me, could these players perhaps start community centers that portray good wholesome families with two parents? Could they volunteer their time and talk to these kids and dissuade them from committing crimes and to be good men, husbands, and Fathers? They could. But they won’t. It’s much easier to ‘take a knee’ on National TV. That doesn’t cost them effort, time, or money. And they can continue the lifestyle that corrupts the minds and aspirations of young black men. Trump wasn’t even a candidate when all of this started. Learn before you speak. Otherwise you just look foolish.

• MAY

September 25, 2017 at 2:37 am

I DIDN’T HEAR A WORD ABOUT BOZO WHEN HE WAS PULLING HIS ORD –WHY NOW BECAUSE YOU CAN ? TRUMP IS NOT THROWING SLURS HES JUST MAD BECAUSE THEY’RE THROWING THAT BACK AT THE USA–YA’LL ARE MAKING A MOUNTAIN OUT OF A MOLE HILL –HE IS DOING A GREAT JOB YALL ARE SO FULL OF HATE HAVE BEEN SINCE HE’S BEEN ELECTED AND BEFORE HE WAS ELECTED–YA’LL HAVE NO COMPLAINTS BECAUSE THE DEMOS ARE NOT HELPING HIM–SO YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO COMPLAIN

• Sandy Allsup

September 25, 2017 at 4:36 pm

In my opinion, you are probably an illegal who has no right saying anything.

• William

September 25, 2017 at 7:03 pm

OK, mouth. Show us the proof. I want to see the actual quote you claim is racist.

Semper Fi your ass.

15. Pingback: National Anthem Singer Just Took Kaepernick’s Protest to the Next Level [VIDEO] – Conservative Politics

16. edith

September 25, 2017 at 12:06 am

I hope she will not get another shot at disrespecting our country. DISGRACE

17. Charlotte keenan-Poirier

September 25, 2017 at 12:32 am

I and my friends will not watch anymore NFL games
    Im done with them …

18. Natasha

September 25, 2017 at 12:46 am

We have to boycott them, their sponsors, and the sport, they will never get it otherwise, The left only stops when they have consequences they can feel = their wallets How dare anyone sing the anthem, and then kneel. Shame on her, what a coward

19. Larry Watkins

September 25, 2017 at 12:54 am

Meghan…NO!!!!!! I have Followed you in your career from steel magnolias and on into concerts to see you perform love your music love your voice!
    PARTING WAYS!

20. Mona Aparicio

September 25, 2017 at 1:13 am

Rogilio! You are a fool!

21. Vivian

September 25, 2017 at 1:57 am

I will boycott all games .. I am sick of all of this xrap

22. sarita

September 25, 2017 at 3:26 am

This female, Megan Lindsey, is as much a traitor as the thugs of the NFL. They are insulting our country, our flag, our history, our anthem, our vets, us, everything.

• Judy

September 26, 2017 at 3:36 pm

MEgan Lindsey you have just signed your career away, as far as I’m concerned. You will never have my support ever again. Shame on you!

23. Josie

September 25, 2017 at 5:11 am

they should be shame for them selfs .
    football is an American game represent America they should be fired all does who disrespect our country and our Flag

24. Dr. Crime

September 25, 2017 at 11:21 am

Lil Joey says, “Boycotting the NFL teams is good, however, boycotting their sponsors is mo’ betta!”

25. Eddie

September 25, 2017 at 12:02 pm

What is happening to our country? Why do we have so many idots here now, was not like this a few years ago!

26. Michael Murray

September 25, 2017 at 1:06 pm

Dear Fellow Americans:

This is pretty darned easy to add up.

1. We do not have to watch the games.

2. We do not have to go to the games.

3. We do not have to buy the NFL stuff that the Teams sell.

4. We do not have to wear the NFL stuff that has a team,s name on it.

5. We do not need anything the NFL has.

If the owners can’t handle their Players Disrespect for this Nation; if the owners feel it is OK to let the chickens[ disrespectful players] run the hen House and not the Roosters [ the team owners], then we Fellow Americans can just find something else to do with our money. We do not need Tax Levies for new stadiums, we do not need tax levies to update stadiums or tax levies to build or update highway access to existing stadiums.

Maybe this will get the owners, and the be disrespecting players attentions: In every major TV Market, we all could ask local fire dept to stand by, as put all this NFL SHIT on top of a big pile of firewood and set fire to the whole damn thing.

Firemen would be right there if any danger would be posed to the public as the NFL SHIT burned up…

HEY TOSS YOUR SEASON TICKETS INTO THE FIRE WHILE YOU ARE THERE. 🙂

27. Joan M Pace

September 25, 2017 at 1:48 pm

I am so disappointed at all the players and what they are doing, it is a disgrace, if you do not like the President, to bad, he is our President, if you do not like America, leave, no one wants you, go play football in some other country, they will NOT pay you millions of dollars to play much less protest. Now the girl who sang, never should she be allowed to sing our beautiful National Anthem again, she and her guitar player disgraced our Flag and Country. If you are not willing to give your life for our country in our outstanding military then do not disgrace our country with your little boy attitude, grow up.

28. IMDABOSS

September 25, 2017 at 5:20 pm

THE SINGER PROVED SHE’S A DISRESPECTFUL CUNT.

29. Mike