The National Football League Just Got Some Terrible News

The National Football League is realizing what are the consequences when you let your star players disrespect America and its national anthem.

The NFL’s TV ratings are low again this week. The TV partners might end up losing around $200 million if the ratings continue to drop, predicted one Jefferies analyst. During the second week, NFL ratings dropped 4% comparing to last year’s second-week rating. And after the Sunday’s protest on Monday, the rating dropped 14%.

Surely the NFL spokesperson will say it this is because the games are too long or some other reason. But it is clear that is not the reason, the Americans do not approve of the players’ protests.

The first weekend had a 12% lower rating than 2016, and the second week had 15%. The NFL on CBS singleheader on Sunday had 14,5 million viewership, rating 8.4, which is 24% lower than the last year’s Fox broadcast that had 19.2 million viewers and 11.0 rating. CBS’s 8.4 rating is the lowest rating since 1998.

Some believe it’s because of Colin Kaepernick and the NFL.

It seems like Kaepernick’s unemployment didn’t scare the NFL players not to protest because the number of players sitting during the national anthem is just getting bigger.

REGULAR SEASON
• Marcus Peters, Chiefs (sat)
• Marshawn Lynch, Raiders (sat)
• Michael Bennett, Seahawks (sat)
• Malcolm Jenkins, Eagles (raised fist)
• Robert Quinn, Rams (raised fist)
• Martellus Bennett, Packers (raised fist)
• Chris Long, Eagles (put his hand on teammate Malcolm Jenkins’s shoulder)
• Rodney McLeod, Eagles (put his hand on teammate Malcolm Jenkins’s shoulder)
• Justin Britt, Seahawks (put his hand on teammate Michael Bennett’s shoulder)
• Thomas Rawls, Seahawks (put his hand on teammate Michael Bennett’s shoulder)
• Cliff Avril, Seahawks (sat)
• Frank Clark, Seahawks (sat)
• Johnny Hekker, Rams (embraced teammate Robert Quinn)
• Eric Reid, 49ers (knelt surrounded by teammates)

PRESEASON
• Marshawn Lynch, Raiders (sat)
• Michael Bennett, Seahawks (sat)
• Cliff Avril, Seahawks (sat during the end of the anthem)
• Seth DeValve, Browns (knell)
• Duke Johnson Jr., Browns (knell)
• Terrance Magee, Browns (knell)
• Isaiah Crowell, Browns (knell)
• Kenny Britt, Browns (knell)
• Ricardo Louis, Browns (knell)
• Jabrill Peppers, Browns (knell)
• Calvin Pryor, Browns (knell)
• Jamar Taylor, Browns (knell)
• Christian Kirksey, Browns (knell)
• Jamie Collins, Browns (knell)
• Ron Brooks, Eagles (knell)
• Shalom Luani, Raiders (knell)
• Eric Reid, 49ers (knell)
• Cameron Jefferson, Bills (raised fist)
• Malcolm Jenkins, Eagles (raised fist)
• Jurrell Casey, Titans (raised fist)
• Wesley Woodyard, Titans (raised fist)
• Robert Quinn, Rams (raised fist)
• Jeremy Lane, Seahawks (stood with his back to the field and flag)
• Chris Long, Eagles (put his hand on teammate Malcolm Jenkins’s shoulder)
• Derek Carr, Raiders (put his hand on teammate Khalil Mack’s shoulder)
• Justin Britt, Seahawks (put his hand on teammate Michael Bennett’s shoulder)
• DeShone Kizer, Browns (put his hand on teammate’s shoulder)
• Britton Colquitt, Browns (put his hand on teammate’s shoulder)
• Rodney McLeod, Eagles (put his hand on teammate Malcolm Jenkins’s shoulder)

Soon enough Americans will see how rude are these rich elite players. They make more money in one year than most of us will see in an entire lifetime. But instead of standing proud during the anthem of the country that made it all possible for them to become such stars they are choosing to protest.

Please share this post on Facebook with your thoughts.

What is your opinion on this? Scroll down to comment below!

1. Pam

September 25, 2017 at 7:07 am

I have been a football fan for over 40 years. Yet this is my second year that I will NOT watch any of the games. The Flag is our countries standard, the Only time it is proper to take a knee is when it is presented to a dead service mans family. I have over 800 Facebook friends and over 90% of them feel as I do. What they are showing is rude and children watch this are affected by this. Poor examples At some point The loss of revenue just Might wake them up. I just wonder if it will be to late for the rest of us to care.

• john

September 25, 2017 at 7:13 am

I am not watching till it gets corrected……

• Judy Chilson

September 25, 2017 at 7:20 am

I agree Pam I can do without football but not my flag or country boycott the NFL Ill watch college football unless they start acting up then Ill turn them off

• jwood1952

September 25, 2017 at 8:18 am

I’m right with you Pam. The NFL cites freedom of speech. Sorry none of us American’s have that right where we work. We can’t protest while on the job, we get fired. They can protest all they want Monday through Saturday, they want to use the public airwaves to have a forced audience to hear their protest. Nope. Freedom of Speech also gives us the freedom not to listen, so we’re not. So NFL live with your decisions for as long as you can, but it won’t be long before cable channels are showing Leave it to Beaver reruns on Sundays, or whatever else. When your public is against your ideology, you can either get a new public, or do what your public demands, or get off the field entirely. Dallas doesn’t seem to be having this problem. I wonder why?

• Getback

September 27, 2017 at 2:03 pm

As of recent viral incidents; We may also decide to include & turn our backs & Lock ARMs in SOLIDARITY on CHEER-LEADERS who follow suit !!!

• Deborah Swaim

September 25, 2017 at 5:18 pm

Pam is exactly right. I do have to give the Cowboys owner credit for telling his players that they will stand and show respect —but they are playing teams that are still disrespecting our country. Therefore, no NFL in our house.

• BONNIE HARTLE

September 25, 2017 at 9:45 pm

YOU ARE SO RIGHT I AM 90 Y RS OF AGE AND A GREAT FOOT BALL FAN NOT ANY MORE I LOVED THE SEAHAWKS NOT ANY MORE WILL NOT WATCH ANY GAME AND THEIR PLAYERS WHO DISRESPECT OUR BELOVED NATION. I THINK THE ONE SWHO DO THIS SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO PLAY AT ALL. I UNDERSTAND THE COWBOYS WILL NOT PLAY IF THEY DO THIS IT DEPENDS ON WHO THEY PLAY IF I WATCH

• Getback

September 27, 2017 at 2:02 pm

Petitions & POLLS, For ALL Veterans & Fans who support Our National Anthem to literally TURN Our BACKS & Lock ARMS, as they enter the field There are new petitions & POLLS, For ALL Veterans & Fans who support;” Our National Anthem ” to literally TURN Their backs & Lin SOLIDARITY on the NFL players as they enter the field. So take note; WE will not STOP turning OUR backs & Locking Arms on NFL players until they can respect OUR Flag; The Men & Women WHO died for those Millionaire cry baby NFL Players Free speech. Do it: Just NOT during our time. TAKE your Platform elsewhere OR see OUR backs as you enter the filed Forever!!!

2. Shirley Schnase

September 25, 2017 at 7:08 am

Discusting that these players acted like children throwing tantrums. They make millions and think they can act like they want. Guess what, no one is going to watch LOSERS. They are a disgrace to their country and should loose their huge salaries as a result of disrespecting our national anthem.SHAME.

3. Peggy Cannon

September 25, 2017 at 7:11 am

They need to join the Marines for one month and go to Kuwait or Afganistan or one of those countries. And see how it is and let me see if they come back kneeling or standing like proud Americans. And to start this Racist attitude and blame is very shameful. They have it made money salaries everything. And now they’re going to lose it. IS it worth it. Don’t come back blaming the white race for what YOU did. Every country every state has rules and regulations that EVERYONE has to abide by and I mean EVERYONE. Doesn’t matter what color you are. Stop blaming and help be kind be proud be respectful. Be honest.

4. Tina Witte

September 25, 2017 at 7:12 am

I think the player should stand for the national anthem. NFL will not be on my TV this season or any other city center as long is they are not standing with their hand over their heart and happy to be there .The best way to get your point across is hit paper where it hurts OK that’s not bad tickets not watching you on TV not buying your shirts hats or any other NFL product

5. Stephen Hickman

September 25, 2017 at 7:29 am

Remember the MLB strikes? I haven’t watched a game sense over that garbage and now I’m turning off NFL over this garbage. These childish men are paid entirely to much to behave in this manner.They forget where all of your millions and millions of dollars comes from. Without us little people wanting to watch there is no NFL.

6. Sandra Williams

September 25, 2017 at 7:36 am

Its come down to you don’t give a shit about our country and the devotion we have to the men and women who fought for us to enjoy it. We can live without football because the love for our country me as more.

7. vickie weakelyv

September 25, 2017 at 7:37 am

WE WAtch all of the games .and record and watch the rest and we will no longer watch or record or atend live games if this dis respect cintinues .these players are arigent sons of ,and this is wrong. i call on the owners and the national foot ball league to stop this now …we will cinitune to boycot …

8. Leah

September 25, 2017 at 7:46 am

This is just sickening. If not for being in this wonderful country they wouldn’t have all that cash! So they disrespect the flag and the anthem! THE NFL needs to do what NASCAR is doing. Hey if they don’t have the energy to stand, they don’t have the energy to play! Our family won’t be watching anymore.

9. Pete Hansen

September 25, 2017 at 7:56 am

The protests started with Kaepernick protesting police and standing for the “Black lives matter” I just watched the movie “Lincoln” again (for the third time) and it should be of interest to BLM that a white President and an all white congress passed the 13th amendment to the Constitution that banned slavery forever in America! Are our schools teaching history to anyone these days? are the sacrifices of the Revolution, the Civil war, world war one, world war two, Korea and vietnam and, Afghanistan and Iraq? Our flag not only represents the greatest country ever but in addition, the sacrifices of our men, women of those days but also, our heros in uniform today. If not..THEY SURE AS HELL SHOULD!!!

10. bluewren

September 25, 2017 at 8:12 am

I just hope this reaction will grow momentum and reach a ground swell. It would at least be reasurring as to the loyalty and recognition of the sacrifices made by the brave and loyal sons of America. .Certainly above the traitorous marxist ideals of a few stupid footballers. They want to protest let them do up back ally’s where it belongs.

11. William Partain

September 25, 2017 at 8:18 am

The owners have the right to fire everyone of these millionaires.
    If the owner of the Dallas Cowboys Mr. Jerry Jones can tell his players ” If you want to play for the Cowboys, you will not disrespect our flag or anthem, you will not kneel !
    If Mr. Jones can tell his players that, so could the rest of the Owners!
    What we have here is a lack of Kahunas from the other owners !!
    They are letting money clog their thinking ability !
    So I for one agree with our President Mr. Trump ! Fire everyone that disrespects our Flag and Anthem. Cancel their Citizen ship and let them go to another Country to protest !!!!!
    That’s what I think !
    William Partain

12. Deb

September 25, 2017 at 8:21 am

This is the beginning of the great downfall of the NFL! Who pays their salaries? The FANS pay and the FANS can take it away! The ungrateful players need a reality check on what makes them so important, check your ego’s fellas! You, individually do not matter to most. The football fans of this country look to football as a game, a game! You get payed very well to play a GAME! Most folks don’t care what your political views are, they care about the way you catch, throw or tackle a football! That is it! Getting the football over the line or a goalpost and that’s about it! Your opinions about politics, Trump or what ever else that upsets your feeling doesn’t matter in the game of football. Put the ball over the line Bubba, that’s it! If you want to cause trouble to get some attention you think you deserve, talk to your momma or get therapy! Your opinion doesn’t matter in the football world! Now, it you want to show how tough you are, join the Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force or the Police Force, only then do you become important!! These people die for you to have an opinion, make that opinion something to be proud of and not to disgrace our country! There are a lot more of us that love our country than there are of you that makes a football team! As far as the ‘owners’ of you, their salaries can be taken down a notch or two also. Just keep up your disrespect of true Americans and we will show you who really makes a difference in our FREE COUNTRY! Go ahead with your stupidness, I promise, YOU will lose at the end of this game!

13. Bob Benevides

September 25, 2017 at 9:23 am

If I want to watch politics; there are scores of channels to choose from. When I want to be entertained; I don’t want to hear about anyone’s politics. I no longer go to Springsteen concerts because I’m tired of his preaching and Trump bashing. I don’t need to spend hundreds of hard earned dollars to be talked down to by some rich entertainer who thinks that I should think the same as he does or I’m an idiot. The same goes for the NFL. Nothing but a bunch of spoiled brats who think that they have a tough life. They are accomplishing nothing by protesting during the national anthem . If America is such a terrible place; live somewhere else. You certainly can afford to live anywhere on the planet. Sayonara to all of you unpatriotic whiners.

• John Hendricks

September 25, 2017 at 2:47 pm

I’ll go a step further. How many of these disrespectful a–holes got to go to college on a free ride, and now PLAY games in stadiums paid for with tax dollars. They’re all about some America when it fills their pockets.

• Joan

September 27, 2017 at 4:36 am

Excellent post and I totally concur.

14. Scott

September 25, 2017 at 10:55 am

Fuck’em, I mowed yesterday and I can do it again next Sunday!

15. charleyhog

September 25, 2017 at 11:31 am

fire them all NO RESPECT NO PLAY

16. Samuel

September 25, 2017 at 3:28 pm

I believe in this nation, I believe and support our president, I honor the memory of all service men & women who gave of themselves for my rights, I honor them. I have been a big nfl football fan, I detest what these men are doing to show other world leaders that we don’t give a shit about our veterans and our country. These people like rocket man see this as a sign of weakness allowing them to demonstrate the same disrespect for the USA, it is more than an individual protest, about what? .. you stand for the flag, you kneel in prayer. We have the might to show these men that our nation is greater than their misguided protest by boycotting everything to do with the nfl , the owners will soon see our might.

17. George

September 25, 2017 at 3:34 pm

I’m going to NASCAR

18. Dale

September 25, 2017 at 3:53 pm

I don’t know how the owners are going to pay these idots… No fans no income so who has the money to pay the idots…. Wake up owners.

19. cheryl

September 25, 2017 at 4:09 pm

I guess in all reality, blacks spend the rest of the time disrespecting America, why would we expect anything else!!! All under the guise of “we was slaves”….

20. Jim

September 25, 2017 at 4:14 pm

Fire the children thsts all they are kids playing a game they never grew up .punks

21. Phyllis White

September 25, 2017 at 4:18 pm

As stated above, if America is such a terrible place; live somewhere else!

22. Craig

September 25, 2017 at 4:31 pm

It is not a free speech issue since the NFL is a private entity. It is not a race issue since most of the NFL’s players are black. So just what is the issue?

• Dam

September 26, 2017 at 1:09 pm

How many players are at the Whitehouse protesting while others are there weekly for the same cause f them get real you are paid by ur ratings amd sales from NFL merchandise.

23. Jon Thomas

September 25, 2017 at 4:53 pm

They are paid entertainment just like the people who memorize scripts and acting. While on the job, acting, i don’t see those entertainers promoting their political agenda. Professional athletes are on the job. Not the time or place for promoting a political agenda.

24. Stan

September 25, 2017 at 5:00 pm

I’m done with the NFL forever after watching and going to games for over 50 years. I’m DONE!!!!

25. JAMES HARTMANN

September 25, 2017 at 5:15 pm

My opinion of sports in general including college football is that there is so much made for television involved in it all that the games are planned and scripted ahead of time And now with profession sports we come to the point where the players tell the owners and the leagues what the players are in control of and what they will allow to take place The love of the game and thus the sport of it has been removed completely from the equation. the people who are the ones being asked to buy the product and should be of great consideration of what they will watch have been left in the dust

26. Ruby Brown

September 25, 2017 at 5:30 pm

The most disrespectful pansies I have ever seen are football players! Hats off to the Cowboy’s coach! They stand or they are out of there!! This is your JOB boys and we don’t get to politicize at our employment and neither should you! Leave your pity for yourselves at home! There is no way you can make what you do and be politically correct in you knell! If you’re so concerned about others donate some of your big bucks to charities or some of the so called mistreated folks out there.

27. vanessa mc cowan

September 25, 2017 at 7:07 pm

Well I am tired of all the spoiled rotten brats that think they have it so hard. You are really lacking one thing that is a real large boot up your backside. You dont like the flag then go away. I am with all the others if i want news I would watch a news channel!! Why are you not standing for the little kids that are dying in the streets from gangs…. I am really sick of them blaming everybody else you dont like what is going on then fix it ..The flag has nothing to do with being black or the so call hate of the Police,,, It is about freedom the freedom that allows you to play ball so play ball and shut the hell up

28. Sick of this

September 25, 2017 at 7:42 pm

This site is blatantly telling you they do not promise any accuracity. STOP READING FAKE NEWS, THIS SITE IS A JOKE. This disclaimer is right on their own about us page.

Disclaimer for Conservativefighters:

All the information on this website is published in good faith and for general information purpose only. Conservativefighters does not make any warranties about the completeness, reliability and accuracy of this information. Any action you take upon the information you find on this website (Conservativefighters), is strictly at your own risk. Conservativefighters will not be liable for any losses and/or damages in connection with the use of our website.

29. dave

September 25, 2017 at 8:53 pm

they are in business. so stupid is as stupid does. go ahead and slap and spit in your customers face. and see how many come back,

30. Donna

September 25, 2017 at 11:03 pm

Don’t understand that people seem to have forgotten America was born with a protected right to protest.

31. Jamie

September 25, 2017 at 11:05 pm

Protest! I don’t care! You’ll change your mind when the NFL & NBA are filing for bankruptcy & dropping the highest paid athletes like bad habits!! “We the people” are sick & tired of the spoiled cry baby antics of the liberals & the wealthy entertainers/athletes who don’t have to suffer under the political financial burdens that are sinking the average American families! See you in the unemployment line boys!!

32. M.J. Rathwell

September 25, 2017 at 11:49 pm

WE go through enough pain , lies, deceit and trauma in our lives. Our sports is a place where we join to laugh, cheer, break bread and have some down time. Through these young men we hope our children see how they could become honorable and steadfast in one’s beliefs. However, it has been brought to my attention that even children at the tender ages of 8, 9, 11, 12 are refusing to watch the games because their heroes are not so honorable anymore. Wake up NFL….your advertising dollars are slipping out the windows just as your fans are closing their doors. This behavior is intolerable. You made fun of Tim Tebow and have made this acceptable. Shame on all of you!!

33. Ted

September 26, 2017 at 12:13 am

Baseball learned a lesson after the STRIKE– took them YEARS to get back.
    NOW ITS THE NFL’S TURN!!
    ADIOS NFL!!

34. Big Dude

September 26, 2017 at 12:17 am

All of the above comments show the ignorance of many Americans when it comes to why the players are taking a knee and it’s comical. Keep your heads in the sand.

35. FLOYD PECK

September 26, 2017 at 12:24 am

BOYCOTT ALL NFL GAMES THE REST OF THE YEAR- NEXT YEAR [2017 AND 2018].NO LONGER A FOOTBALL FAN.BRING THERE RATINGS DOWN.ROGER GOODELL IS AN IDIOT.HAVE HIM REMOVED FROM HIS JOB IMMEDIATELLY.

36. Gary

September 26, 2017 at 1:21 am

Oh, there being fined alright, there audience is taking the train. See ya.

If the blowback from these pubescent nba athletes is of the same nature as it has been for the #1 sport in our country from the consumer, the nfl, I feel badly for there sport with the shit storm heading there way.

In regard to the team I bleed purple for, have not bought a current hat, an updated team jersey, Diggs and have no interest in paying the $300. a ticket X 3 – Done.

Goodell,
    you have stepped on the wrong side of history my friend. We are not here to respect the nfl. Your to respect the consumers that purchase your nonessential shit.

Like many, your arrogance will be your downfall, do not doubt this.

Good day.

37. Bhc

September 26, 2017 at 3:18 am

NFL
    Now
    Forever
    Losers

38. Joseph

September 26, 2017 at 3:32 am

Start canceling all of your NFL packages. no more buying of products.No more football or any other sport that disrespects what the flag stands for!Oh one more thing to owners,you can renegotiate your contracts.As your rating will be so low you will not be able to afford your players anymore.Good news:No more high medical bills from concussions.Bad news no more money!

39. Michelle

September 26, 2017 at 3:45 am

This is disgraceful! If they want to protest go ahead! But don’t dare disrespect the very thing they gave them the priliage to be in the public eye and make millions of dollars! Get the hell off your knees and do something about what you say is wrong! Stand up
    And respect the fact that you have a right to
    Protest and respect all the men and women who faught and died for that right! They are arrogant babies! EVERYONE needs to stop
    Watching and see how fast they change there minds. OR. How committed To there Cause They really are!

40. Dam

September 26, 2017 at 1:03 pm

The NFL has so many other rules this is one rule that should. Of introduced when Colin Kaepernick started this nonsense. The ratings this next week and there after. We the fans STAND every game we watch every game till now the players should realize we are a major part of their high paying jobs.

• Dam

September 26, 2017 at 1:04 pm

BTW Shame on Roger

41. Dave May

September 27, 2017 at 4:21 am

I’m not going to watch the NFL until the Pittsburgh Steelers have every dressed player on the sideline standing for the National Anthem.

I suggest you pose this to your team.

Football is a diversion I enjoyed until the NFL and the owners allowed their players to ram politics down or throats and dishonor our Anthem and country.

42. G

September 28, 2017 at 11:52 pm

It’s Thursday Night football. I changed the channel. Not going to watch them disrespect the Flag

43. chuck

September 29, 2017 at 3:50 pm

I am also getting sick and tired of hearing how it’s not about the flag,well news flash it is to us real Americans,when you decided to notto honor our flag by not stlanding,you disrespected the families who gave there life so you have the freedom for your dialog,there is a time and a place for everything,how ever this is not the time or the place,and all you wound doing is biting the hand that feeds you,and all I can say to that Tennesse player is you said bye to the fans if they don’t like it they don’t have to come,and thou are right we don’t,and a lot will stay away,let’s see if you are still with your team next year,or n football at all,I am sure your owner probably choked on his wheaties,after that,and finally remember these colors don’t run

44. Kevin Peters

October 18, 2017 at 10:09 pm

Marcus Peters plrase renounce your last name. You no longer rate to wear such a proud family name. Shame on You.