NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell Calls Trump’s Comments “Divisive” – Trump Jr. Immediately Shuts Him Down

Donald Trump Jr. blasted the NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell after he criticized President Donald Trump for his comments about football players who knelt during the national anthem.

“If only Roger Goodell cared as much about domestic abuse and traumatic brain injury as he does about disrespecting America. #nfl,” Trump Jr. tweeted Sunday night, after a day packed with protests across the National Football league, including entire teams, coaches, and owners.

The tweet comes in response to a statement Goodell made Saturday. Goodell criticized President Donald Trump for his Friday comments about NFL players who protest during the national anthem. The president suggested the players should be fired for disrespecting the flag and the country.

“Divisive comments like these demonstrate an unfortunate lack of respect for the NFL, our great game and all of our players, and a failure to understand the overwhelming force for good our clubs and players represent in our communities,” Goodell stated.

Trump Jr.’s Sunday comments also come as NFL players around the league kneeled or sat in protest during the national anthem.

1. Gussie Doucet

September 25, 2017 at 4:52 am

Good for you Don JR.

• Marguerite Towson

September 25, 2017 at 5:14 am

READ YOUR OWN RULES GOODELL!! Rules state all players have to stand

• Michael Taylor

September 25, 2017 at 3:12 pm

Goodell should be banished from football. Allowing this kind of disrespect for our nation….in front of our children…is the most disgusting act of a person in charge that I’ve witnessed besides Obummers Iran deal. Goodell should be fired and sent to live with ISIS. They should bring enough disabled veterans to span each sideline…in front of the race baiting unpatriotic morans, to show our youth and our country that these are the real heroes….these are the real role models….ROGER GOODELL, YOU ARE ONE BIG POS! YOU ARE LOWER THAN THE CRAACKHEADS YOU PROTECT. YOU SIR, AND PEOPLE LIKE YOU, ARE THE EVIL THAT PLAQUES THIS GREAT NATION

2. Fannie

September 25, 2017 at 4:52 am

I think this whole thing could have been avoided had Goodell did the job he is paid to do. He should have nipped it in the bud instead schmoozing with Michele Obama and not paying attention. He has let this whole thing get out of hand and that is what the Black players have been waiting for. I think with George Soros’s help and money “Black Lives Matter” is helping to push this. Soros is desperate to get rid of Trump and leave the swamp as is. Who knows where all of this will end. I just pray it is Americas favor and we can make her Great Again
    It is sad to see how many do not appreciate the freedom and benefits they have living in America and not kicking her when so many of us are trying to help her back to her Glory Days and make her Great again. God will have the final say…………..

• Fannie

September 25, 2017 at 4:54 am

Yes – Thank you Donald, Jr. You make me proud

• judi jj

September 25, 2017 at 4:28 pm

AMEN!

3. bluewren

September 25, 2017 at 4:54 am

What an unhealthy looking fellow that Goodall is and what in the Halifax is he talking about?They do more for the country than the fighting men of America? The Veterans in hospice care after risking their lives fighting to keep America safe for these ball chasing douche bags to be paid millions for just chasing a ball.?Those whom they disrespected by not standing up for the American flag? Marxist indoctrinated faggots.Flush them all out.
    Give me a break!

4. Andy

September 25, 2017 at 4:58 am

Bunch of babies, getting paid way too much to play. I’ve cancelled all my NFL channels.

• judi jj

September 25, 2017 at 4:29 pm

Me too, so much whining from the despicable ones.

• Lee412328

September 26, 2017 at 12:02 am

Good.

5. Brock

September 25, 2017 at 5:16 am

Roger Goodell piece of S-it f-ck the nfl

6. Lee

September 25, 2017 at 5:20 am

Love football, but love this country and flag more, done with any sport the disrespects either.

7. James Gunderson

September 25, 2017 at 5:24 am

Goodell is not very smart is he.

8. AHZZ

September 25, 2017 at 5:29 am

Goodell is afraid the player will stop playing and his “Cash Cow” will die on him,
    if he tries to say anything or stop them from disrespecting or Nations Flag & Anthem!
    Thank you Don, Jr. You not a 1%er. You are like most of us 99%ers but only very rich.

• judi jj

September 25, 2017 at 4:30 pm

Agree 100% Roger is a low life scum ball.

• Lee412328

September 26, 2017 at 12:04 am

Goodell is a putz.

9. Betsy Cox

September 25, 2017 at 6:18 am

It is hard to say how many corrupt people are behind this Protest of our flag and our National Anthem. Why does Jeff Sessions not step up to the plate and do his job. Soros needs to be locked up and the first time that the player didnt stand he should have been thrown out of our country. He was not born here but adopted. There is no reason not to stand to show respect for our flag and the people who fought and still fight for our freedom. I was a child in world war 2 and I saw many families lose there loved ones and the sadness it caused in their lives and it is still happening today. I just hope people just dont watch or go to any ball games until these cry babies grow up and stand up

• judi jj

September 25, 2017 at 4:32 pm

Many more than we know….so many are crooks and drug dealers.

10. Bob Benevides

September 25, 2017 at 6:49 am

I haven’t watched single NFL game this season and will continue to boycott them until the NFL suspends any player who protests during the National anthem. 15 yard penalties for taunting the other team but nothing for taunting the entire country???? WTF!!!

11. Bob Benevides

September 25, 2017 at 6:54 am

What will be next? Will Roger Goodell allow players to put BLM stickers on their helmets? I hope that people stop buying anything at these NFL stadiums. Tail gate before the game and don’t buy anything from the concession stands or the merchandise booths. I know that many people are season ticket holders and they are not going to stop going to the games but you can still make a dent in the NFL owners pocket books if you refuse to buy their SWAG.

12. Kathy

September 25, 2017 at 10:44 am

Maybe the Coach and the players need a refresher course on their NFL league rulebook! SPREAD THIS EVERYWHERE!

The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the NFL League Rulebook. It states:
    “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem.
    “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition…
    …It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.️️️️️️

13. Tim

September 25, 2017 at 12:11 pm

Personally the only way to get Mr.Goodell’s attention the players and owners is this. Every Sunday patriotic Americans should go out to their respective teams stadiums set up camp and kneel in from of any and all entrances. Loss of revenue and bad publicity alone would rectify this situation.

14. Phyllis Maxey

September 25, 2017 at 1:13 pm

This man is THE WORST commissioner EVER. He is DISRESPECTING THE COUNTRY THATS PAYING HIM!! WTH? HE SUPPORTS DIVISION, DISRESPECTING AMERICANS THAT PAY $ TO WATCH FOOTBALL. FIRE HIM. COWBOYS ARE TGE ONLY TEAM WE WILL WATCH AND NEVER EVER WATCH THE STEELERS. EVER

15. Lisa

September 25, 2017 at 2:33 pm

Coward!!!You would have no communities without the bravery of our soldiers who fought to keep you in one. Dis the flag???
    You son of a bitch!!!Wake up your friggen conscience for the country you were allowed to live in by the blood spilled for your freedom!!!!!!!

• Lisa

September 25, 2017 at 2:35 pm

I’m speaking to Lidell above. My apologies Eric.

16. Larry Nelson

September 25, 2017 at 3:41 pm

Time for that football league and all teams to pay taxes…. Being they don’t pay respect for us or our country, they can start by paying it in taxes like everyone else…. We the people are sick of the SOB’s….. The NFL started this by not doing anything, now WE THE PEOPLE are going to end it. Until all pro leagues and all pro teams pay taxes and are standing for our national anthem, I am done with them all. “””Go President TRUMP””” I see that you’re sick of this disrespect also…. “MAGA” !!! You have my support, Foreign or Domestic… “I STAND” !!!

17. Robb Schluga

September 25, 2017 at 5:24 pm

The specific NFL rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the NFL League Rulebook. It states:

…It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”

18. Ronald Tanis

September 25, 2017 at 6:31 pm

I am about to exercise MY right of Free Speech Mr. Goodell….you are a sickening, spineless son of a bitch. I am through with these over paid ungrateful pigs in football….have a nice day asshole…..remember…..I’m expressing my right of Free Speech.

19. Lee412328

September 26, 2017 at 12:05 am

Goodell is a putz.

20. Michele Harper

September 26, 2017 at 12:47 am

I have no respect for the NFL at all anymore. You are dividing the country more by these outrageous displays of disrespect.

21. Douglas Lynch

September 26, 2017 at 12:55 am

Commissioner Roger Goodell, I am retired military and I would like to know if you have ever served? I enjoy watching football, but now find myself in a fight with my wife over this issue. I will not go and pay to watch a game now because of the issue of your players taking a knee or sitting down. You won’t get my fought for dollars with slapping me and thousands of other veterans in the face. Yes that is what I said. The Anthem and the FLAG mean the world to us. Please fix this so I and others can continue to enjoy football.