The NFL Protested All Sunday Long — So This Stadium Worker Is Now Protesting Them

A stadium worker at New Era Field quit after after almost 30 years on the job due to protests against the national anthem, WCNC reported Monday.

Erich Nikischer quit after he witnessed several Buffallo Bills players kneel during the National Anthem on Sunday.

“I waited until the National Anthem ended, I took off my shirt, threw my Bills hat on the ground, walked out,” Nikischer told WCNC in an interview.

While Nikischer said he does not take issue with players protesting before the anthem, he took offense to players kneeling during the song.

“During the National Anthem … the song that is about our country, our veterans that fight and die for us, it’s just something I feel you shouldn’t disrespect that way,” Nikischer added.

“I believe people have the right to protest; I just don’t believe that’s the proper venue for it,” he continued.

Nikischer did not take the decision lightly, and says he will miss his fellow coworkers. However, he will continue to boycott the NFL until the protests stop.

“I will never step foot in the that place again, I will never watch an NFL football game again until this ends,” Nikischer concluded.

1. Therese Kolodziej

September 25, 2017 at 8:52 pm

As long as these illiterate spoiled millionaires continue to protest, our men & women losing arms & legs we will not support them in any way. Hope you keep losing a lot of fans until you wise up.

2. DICKY

September 25, 2017 at 9:07 pm

NO NFL FOR ME AND 24 OF MY FRIENDS UNTIL THE PROTESTING STOPS……..

3. Carol F. Shirley

September 25, 2017 at 9:10 pm

Give The Millionaires Money To The vet’s Not NFL And Send Them All To War Zones . They Don’t Have The Ball’s To Fight For The People In The USA YOU LOSE WE THE PEOPLE ARE TAKING BACK THE USA . WE THE PEOPLE STAND FOR GOOD NOT EVIL YOU KNEEL FOR OUR DOD , YOU STAND FOR THE FLAG .

4. Angela Langdon

September 25, 2017 at 9:10 pm

I am telling you, we ALL need to just Stop Watching, even for ONE WEEK and they would See the Huge Money Loss.

EVERYONE should NOT watch ANY GAME!

Trust me, I LOVE Football and am a Huge Die hard Chiefs Fan, but I also love to watch Other games, but I am SICK of This.

If I were making Millions and then saying I am being OPPRESSED, then I Want That Oppressed Job!!

These Asses are Not being Oppressed!!

I say, let’s watch them ALL that Kneel down IN CHICAGO/DETROIT, I will Watch That, but I will Not Watch while they Kneel and Disrespect Our Country, Our Flag and Those who Fight and Have Fought for Our Country, and that includes our Police!

• Iris Eddy

September 25, 2017 at 10:20 pm

I Agree–WHEN THE OWNERS LOOSE A FEW MILLIONS THIS BULL CRAP OF DISRESPECT WILL STOP.

5. Shanana

September 25, 2017 at 9:11 pm

If he doesn’t understand that the Constitution and the First Amendment guarantee the rights to free speech and peaceful protest, it’s a good thing he quit his job. These rights are not subject to the approval of the Orange Monstrosity or workers at the stadiums – they exist and can be used just about anywhere. So bizarre that folks who refuse to decry the violence in Supremacist events and Police actions are up in arms about peaceful actions that are in line with the Constitution. Try reading it sometime if you can tear yourselves away from Twitter and FOX NOTnews.

• Barbara

September 25, 2017 at 10:39 pm

I guess you consider wearing hats and socks depicting cops as pigs peaceful protests.

• nghtcase

September 25, 2017 at 10:45 pm

You’re the one that doesn’t get it. While the first amendment guarantees free speech, a FOOTBALL game is NOT a place for politics. People watch or attend a game to get away from the every day BS and political scene to have some fun. Tell me what you find fun in a bunch of overpaid morons disrespecting our Vets and Country. This ISN’T about oppression. If these over paid athletes are oppressed maybe they should give some of that money to help educate or rebuild their neighborhoods. Problem is, I doubt any of them came from the “hood”. Where they had to do whatever it took just to survive. And I notice you’re on the fence with what the President does, unless there’s someone else out there using the same name. What President Trump said is TRUTH. The only problem with that, is too many people don’t like hearing it!

6. AHZZ

September 25, 2017 at 9:13 pm

Good for Mr. Nikischer!
    Contact Pres Trump… will find you a job in a second. 🙂

• Kenneth

September 25, 2017 at 9:51 pm

Apparently you don’t understand the meaning of the word TREASON!!!. EVERYONE OF THESE PAMPERED ATHLETES SHOULD BE EXECUTED THEY ARE COMMITTING TREASON!!! ANYONE WHO KNEELS DURING THE NATIONAL ANTHEM SHOULD BE EXECUTED FOR TREASON!!!

LONG LIVE THE RIGHT WING RADICAL!!!!
      DEATH TO THE TYRANNICAL TREASONOUS LEFT!!!!

• Rebecca Grirt

September 25, 2017 at 11:44 pm

Amen. Good post

7. CelticCat2015

September 25, 2017 at 9:20 pm

God Bless Erich Nikischer!

I hope a businessman/woman who loves our country sees this article and gives him a GREAT JOB AND SALARY! Heaven knows this couldn’t have been an easy decision for him to make, especially after having 30 years of employment under his belt, there. But sometimes you HAVE to ‘put your money where your mouth is’and stand up for what you believe.

8. vanessa mc cowan

September 25, 2017 at 10:27 pm

I am with all the people that are turning there backs like the football players turned there backs on the American flag. I have a family of men that have fought for this country my Father-in law was on the front line in Germany, My father was on war ships in the Navy and My daughters husband gave three tours to Middle east so yes this makes me sick. Where were any of these players when the fighting was going on where you on your knees then NO you are all cowards

9. Phyllis White

September 25, 2017 at 10:40 pm

I’m all for the stadium worker; he’s spot on.

10. Strongbow

September 26, 2017 at 1:30 am

I don’t know about the fireworks- we’re supposed to be proud when they ran out of the corridor? They deserved to lose.

11. Steve

September 26, 2017 at 5:07 pm

We must hit the sponsors of the NFL. Money is the only thing they listen to . Boycott these sponsors. NFL Sponsors List 2017:

Anheuser-Busch
    Barclaycard US
    Bose
    Bridgestone
    Campbell’s Soup Company
    Castrol
    Courtyard Marriott
    Dairy Management, Inc. (Fuel Up to Play 60)
    Dannon