After Not Being Picked Up by a Team, Former 49ers Eric Reid Says He’ll Stop Protesting the National Anthem

Former San Francisco 49ers safety Eric Reid stated earlier this month that he was not being picked up by a team because he was one of the leading players protesting the national anthem. Despite this, Reid said he was undeterred.

Now a week after being a free agent with no team appearing to express interest in signing him, Reid says he will stop protesting the anthem.

“We understand you have to change with the times,” he said according to ESPN.

He continued:

“I’m not saying I’m going to stop being active because I won’t. I’m just going to consider different ways to be active, different ways to bring awareness to the issues of this country and improve on the issues happening in this country. I don’t think it will be in the form of protesting during the anthem. I say ‘during’ because it’s crazy that the narrative changed to we were ‘protesting the anthem,’ and that wasn’t the case. I think we’re going to take a different approach to how we’re going to be active.”

“I said before, I stand by what I’ve done. I know why I’ve done it. My faith in God is the reason. I can go to sleep at night confident that I did what I was taught to do,” he added.

1. Kevin Erem

March 23, 2018 at 10:11 pm

How about you go phuck yourself you arrogant entitled P.O.S.

2. Mary

March 23, 2018 at 10:11 pm

Bull, he’s thinking about$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$MONEY period.

3. Uriel Shlomo Garcia

March 23, 2018 at 10:21 pm

Lets face it, Mr. Reid is just another hypocrite at best. He needs to be more honest, and candor when it comes to his deal of not been picked by any NFL Teams. As far as I’m concern, this change of mind and behavior is just motivated by the fact of $$DOLLAR$$ and that his protesting is hurting his pocket.

4. LaTxGuy

March 23, 2018 at 10:46 pm

ok, so do not do it, changes not much considering it is all because a team did not want him, so if one did would he had said the same?? NO!

5. paulette

March 23, 2018 at 11:26 pm

THATS ALL WE ASKED YOU GUYS TO DO FROM THE BEGGING WAS TO FIND ANOTHER WAY TO DO YOUR PROTEST AND NOT DO IT DURING THE NATIONAL ANTHEM

6. BUD RENNIE

March 24, 2018 at 12:08 am

STUPID IS AS STUPID DOES !!!!!