Just In: Top NFL Sponsors Issue Statements About National Anthem Protests

Despite massive boycott threats by consumers, at least 3 major sponsors of the NFL have come out in support of players disrespecting our flag and our veterans.

Ford Motor Co., Armour Inc., and Anheuser-Busch InBev SA issued statements that affirmed NFL players’ rights to kneel during the pre-game national anthem, while also sounding patriotic notes and affirming their support for the flag.

Ford Motor Co, one of the biggest sponsors of the NFL just revealed that they are supporting the national anthem protests.

“We respect individuals’ rights to express their views, even if they are not ones we share,” Ford stated. “That’s part of what makes America great.”

Ford Motor Co chairman Martha Firestone Ford took her support for the players anti-cop, Black Lives Matter and anti-President Trump protests one step further when she joined her players on the field and linked arms with her daughters.

The tangled responses are the latest version of the challenges faced by corporations in a world in which the president makes public demands and denouncements of companies via Twitter. General Motors Co., Campbell Soup Co., ESPN parent Walt Disney Co. and Uber Technologies Inc. have all faced calls for boycotts related to their perceived support of — or distance from — the White House. –Bloomberg

Americans are not as easily fooled by the actions of these disrespectful athletes and the team owners, as they work together with the media in an attempt to weaken and discredit our President for having the audacity to stand up for America, our flag and for the honor of every brave man and woman who have sacrificed their lives for our great nation.

One of the great things about America is that consumers can decide not to purchase merchandise or goods from companies who continue to advertise with the NFL.

1. Charles Scott

September 28, 2017 at 10:27 am

I will be trading my Ford in for something else.

2. Richard Misel Jr

September 28, 2017 at 10:27 am

Well I will never but another Ford and never buy any thing from any of those COMMUNIST ANTI-America companies.! Thats my stance on their WRONG position.!

• R.O.B.

September 28, 2017 at 11:52 am

I AGREE 100% THEY ARE JUST KISSING A__ TO A BUTCH OF THUGS AND FELONS

• BG

September 28, 2017 at 5:10 pm

I too have been a ford family. I am 65 years old and never owned anything but a ford. My husband also has a ford 150 truck. I have a Taurus and the miles are getting up there. I was thinking of buying another ford. Not now. This is my last ford I own.

• Harry

September 28, 2017 at 6:21 pm

Agree with you! I wont even look at Ford no more.

• Anthony Oliveira

September 29, 2017 at 9:13 am

Amen to that brought

3. Judylynn Moses

September 28, 2017 at 10:27 am

BOYCOTT them ALL !

4. Shanana

September 28, 2017 at 10:38 am

Americans are actually not fooled by publications such as your own, which eschews real journalism, and panders only to the right wing idiots who are convinced that the further up Trump’s butt their heads are, the more ‘patriotic’ they are.

I’m sure you’re not aware, but coaches, assistant coaches and others are being suspended and disciplined for using funding – including from major sponsors – to bribe players. This is a good time for these sponsors to show their support. Would you shut down your organization until it can publish real journalism by writers who have ethics?

• Vera

September 28, 2017 at 11:44 am

Shana, if these teams (all in every pro sport) are so honorable, why are they giving and taking bribes which is illegal and not the only illegal thing they are all doing. This is just what they got caught for. Stay tuned as they will be caught for much worse offenses. We have no problem with athletes having an opinion, that is their right. It is how they have decided to act on it by embarrassing our country and our flag while trampling on our veterans who fought and died for them to have the freedoms they enjoy now. Watch them all you want to as that is your decision, you shouldn’t have any trouble getting a seat now!!

• David White

September 28, 2017 at 12:28 pm

Shanana….You are obviously good with tax payer money ($7 billion) over the last few years going to stadium construction and huge tax breaks and incentives going to the owners and helping the ultra rich players as well. What do YOU say to the soldier in Afghanistan who gets a break from being shot at or dodging land mines and starts watching a football game on the Armed Services Network only to see a bunch of multi millionaire brats kneeling, while the poor soldiers make $50,000.00. Housing, food allowance and small tax break are INCLUDED in this figure, After the game where the snowflakes make an average of $2.4 million annually, the soldier can go back on patrol and get shot defending the very flag the players DISRESPECT. If a CONSERVATIVE site is not for you, run off to CNN or HUFFINGTON POST for some unbiased views. ha ha ha . We get that you hate Trump, but whining about this site. Leave!

• paulette

September 28, 2017 at 4:18 pm

@Shanana,Plz go move to NK or Iran,thank you

• Joan

September 28, 2017 at 6:30 pm

Ditto Paulette. You lnow what she is right?

• Libby

September 28, 2017 at 4:45 pm

Shanana- If anyone has their head up their ass it you for being so stupid. Your comment suggest that you’re ignorant when it comes to the consumers. Before you start jacking off at the mouth, do some research.

• Nola Ervin

September 28, 2017 at 6:26 pm

Go back to MSNBC and CNN where you can watch all the socialist news you can gag.We never asked nor wanted your opinion neither do we care.

• Sandy

September 28, 2017 at 6:30 pm

Would you please reword your incoherent response, as written it’s gobble gook.
      Thanks, sweetie.

• Tammy

September 28, 2017 at 10:01 pm

Thats what should be happening to the ones who are suspended. Actually they should be fired! Hell,they make enough $ without the extra bribes. They sound very greedy and undeserving. And that’s how the players are acting.

• Bill Clinton

October 1, 2017 at 11:41 pm

Keep sucking Hillary’s wiener loser!

5. ton

September 28, 2017 at 10:41 am

Henry Ford is turning over in his grave.

6. Pingback: Just In: Top NFL Sponsors Issue Statements About National Anthem Protests – Conservative Politics

7. roger domnie

September 28, 2017 at 12:49 pm

won’t buy any products advertised on games, nor go to games, nor any nfl products for sale, nor watch any games. have many books to read anyway. gooddell is the worst…………..

8. Ronna Deed

September 28, 2017 at 12:56 pm

Tha flag stands for their freedom to kneel. That song is for that flag and our country ! Set every damn disrespectful overpaid moron up or the draft and send them overseas to fight and let the brave come home. I will never buy any any more under Armor again ! Budweiser sucks anyways even though my great grandfather used to raise clydesdales and sell them to them. Who gives 2 shits about a Ford , Found on road dead, Fix or repair daily , I sure as hell don’t !

9. Dixie Rands

September 28, 2017 at 1:09 pm

In the market for a new truck. Gonna get rid of the Ford and buy from a patriotic company!

10. Marvin

September 28, 2017 at 1:15 pm

Martha is head of the football team, she has nothing to do with the running of the car company. She is Bill Ford’s mother. Nice try though, thank you for playing.

11. kenneth Dawson

September 28, 2017 at 1:17 pm

i have owned ford cars and trucks all my life ; worked for company and got them to buy ford;i own a ford truck now ; but will trade or sell in next week ; dont know what for ; it will have to be a foreign truck i will not own chevy or dodge ; own both of those numerous times never owned a good one , maybe a honda

12. Renee

September 28, 2017 at 2:34 pm

This protest issue has nothing to do with Trump. The more you make it about him, the weaker our counter protest gets. He was wrong to use the ‘SOB’ term. Calling all of those men bastard sons of whores was uncalled for. Many may not even know what it means, but they know they can use it to smash down our protest and the Right, as well as to create further division in this country. I wish you could focus on the original protest, against our police officers. Using statistics to argue against the idea that ‘innocent’ young black men are being targeted. And also that people tune in to sports, go to games, movies, theater, to escape the torn politics and news of the day for a few hours. And the last thing they want to see is politics on the field. Report on the many issues that the NFL has not allowed onto the field. That’s what opens people’s minds.

13. bob

September 28, 2017 at 3:24 pm

don’t waste your time protesting online. Do it at the store. they will get the message

14. Ronald Coleman

September 28, 2017 at 3:49 pm

Perhaps the NFL weenies have the right to do what they’re doing. Perhaps these companies have the right to support them. In both cases that’s their decision. HOWEVER, rights have responsibilities, and decisions have consequences. That being said, I will BOYCOTT ANY professional sports team and/or league AND their advertisers. I am a disabled veteran. I will not FORGET this DESPICABLE insult to me, my Country, the Flag for which I fought, and to my comrades in arms. Nor am I at all inclined to FORGIVE.

• Sue

September 29, 2017 at 1:11 am

Thank You for your service sir! God Bless you!

• PissedOffVeteran

October 1, 2017 at 11:19 pm

I have canceled my Sports package not to give NFL any of my money lost some channels I like but worth it! #MAGA for all LEGAL AMERICANS F the NFL and their Primadonna spoiled little Rich brats! Signed a Desert Shield/Storm VET. These last 2 Sundays are the only times in 40+ years I haven’t watched the NFL except for when I was at WAR.

15. Steve Leblanc

September 29, 2017 at 2:05 am

They’re going to hurt financially.

16. Erich Allen Townsend

September 29, 2017 at 2:31 am

Truely disheartening and revolting the state of our nation.
    The simple fact that a conversation on this topic was able to be breached is truely mortifying.
    It is beyond my words how disrespectful, egotistical,unpatriotic,shameful,and utterly sickening this flagrant and intolerable display of disreguard for our armed forces of present as well as veteran and our flag.
    I will not allow ANY NFL sanctioned event,product or material in my home or on my property from this day forward.
    It is an unforgivable and unforgettable grievance and I for one will not spend a single penny to support treason.
    Please for the sake of our childrens future, Wake the hell up America.

17. Linda Taylor

September 29, 2017 at 2:37 am

Thank you Ronald Coleman!

18. BRET CAMPOS

September 29, 2017 at 4:39 am

I have been a Lincoln Towncar owner since 1978, never again,Anheiser Busch since 1978,never again

19. Kvin Dupuis

September 29, 2017 at 1:12 pm

The right to protest is not what is not what is being contested. This is the freedom fought for by this country’s brave. It is the timing and STAGE on which it is being done. The National Anthem is a honor and respected time to give homage to all of those that have fought for what we have and what they have given. No one should use this platform for their personal agendas.

20. Mike

September 29, 2017 at 6:15 pm

Will Ford employees be wearing pig socks in solidarity? I’ve owned 5 new Fords in my lifetime, never again.

21. Randy

September 29, 2017 at 10:41 pm

Remember the movie,the replacements,lets get it done with guys who love,country,flag and football. Probably play for alot cheaper and be more entertaining! Send the other scumbags to war for a year then see how they feel when isis makes them kneel to beg for there lives,

22. Paul

September 30, 2017 at 7:03 pm

Each passing day I get angrier at the NFL and it’s sponsors.