One Of America’s Favorite Restaurant Chains Just Trashed Our Military Vets - Boycott Them Now!

One Of America’s Favorite Restaurant Chains Just Trashed Our Military Vets – Boycott Them Now!

Of all the asinine policies, Dave and Buster’s arcade and restaurant in Kentwood, Michigan demanded veterans, Victor Murdock and Adrienne Brown of the American Legion Riders Post 179 of Grandville, MI, remove their vests or vacate the restaurant.

The patches on their vests depicted the American Flag, a bald eagle and the Prisoner of War Flag. The restaurant’s management claimed the patches on their vests promoted gang-related symbols.

This is political correctness run amok. According to Military.com, Texas-based Dave and Buster’s headquarters issued a statement explaining:

“The group was asked to remove the jackets or turn them inside out because the business’ dress code prohibits evidence of gang affiliation. Spokeswoman April Spearman said the policy was in place ‘to ensure that everyone is able to enjoy themselves in a fun and safe environment.’”

The American Legion is one of the oldest, most respected veterans’ organizations in the country. Since its charter and incorporation by Congress in 1919 following World War I, the American Legion has served as a patriotic veterans organization devoted to mutual helpfulness. The American Legion is most assuredly not a gang. The American Flag, the bald eagle and the Prisoner of War Flag are not gang symbols.

Dave and Buster’s needs to reap what they have sown. The internet is full of forums and discussion groups planning to boycott Dave and Buster’s for their utter contempt and disrespect of American veterans.

Dave and Buster’s is not only disrespecting veterans who have served our country, they are denying them their First Amendment right to freely express themselves.

What does this say about America when our veterans cannot display the very flag they fought and died for? Not sure how to pronounce it but the word is BOYCOTT.

1. Barbara P. Turner

July 1, 2017 at 12:50 am

ATTENTION CEO AND OPERATORS OF DAVE AND BUSTERS! SCREW YOU! I WILL STAND FOR ALL OF OUR VETERANS AND IF YOU HAVE ANY DAMNED THING TO SAY ABOUT IT, YOU JUST COME SEE ME! GOT THAT! WHY ME? BECAUSE THE MILITARY BUCK STOPS WITH MY FAMILY! GOT THAT?! HERE: RIP Daddy, Semper fi, Korea, Merchant Marines-age 16, Philippines, Okinawa; plus over 1,000 other of our family’s military Vets from our original 25 in the Amer. Rev. War. 2 on the Viet Nam wall; 2 who perished on the USS Arizona; many many decorated heroes and 6 of my direct Uncles who all served in WWII, Granddaddy P who fought the Germans in Germany in WWI, yes one, Daddy’s older brother 1Lt. U.S. Army, lost his best friend and over 1/2 his btn. at Normandy, Omaha and Italy. I had 6 Uncles total who served during WWII, we had 56 serve in that war, 14 served their entire tours in Europe. We had a 19 yr. old co-pilot who was shot down with his crew over Germany and imprisoned at the infamous Stalag Luft III prison camp – made famous by the movie “The Great Escape” and later they were liberated by the Russians in April 1946. We also had a few spies down through the ages. God bless them all for our freedoms. We have many decorated heroes and my mother’s cousin Gloria was a Supv. in the Rosey the Riveter program. We had 25 Plunketts who fought, suffered and some died in the Amer. Rev. War here in VA. We had over 160 from 9 states who fought, suffered and some died and some imprisoned during the un-Civil War. I was married to a Viet Nam Vet U.S. Army Photographer, top Sec. Crypto S.I. clearance 2 Generals down from the Pres. and I myself “heard the call” and served as best I could as a volunteer in the Civil Air Patrol, SouthSide Sqdn, ’77-’79. We thank all of them for our Freedoms!
    This is just the highlights.

• Joy Caraway

July 1, 2017 at 2:00 am

Amen. Thank you for saying what I feel.

• Donald Emery

July 3, 2017 at 9:07 pm

That’s the way I feel ex Navy

• Jody

July 1, 2017 at 3:50 pm

I have never heard of this restaurant but SHAME on them. If not for our military, they wouldn’t have this freedom. Thank you to all of our veterans. You are heroes.

• Ron

July 3, 2017 at 1:48 am

Couldn’t have said that better. God bless them all for their service.

• Glenda Pryor

July 7, 2017 at 5:10 pm

God bless you for speaking up. I will NEVER go this place. NEVER!!!

2. joycecoonrod

July 1, 2017 at 1:58 am

Love our military veterans. They have been stalwart friends of us for all time. Always ready for the call.They deserve so much more than we can give them.

3. :Linda Mccusker

July 1, 2017 at 3:25 am

this is such a stupid business…the word is out and you have cut off your nose to spite your face….the military current and veterans are your used to be patrons…parents of your used to be patrons…I wonder if it is worth it to lose business…

4. Dolores McCartney

July 1, 2017 at 3:32 am

I will make sure to pass this along, BOYCOTT!

• Nancy Lowery

July 2, 2017 at 6:37 pm

Just adding this to the places which I have boycotted!

5. Elaine

July 1, 2017 at 6:43 am

Where is this place so I won’t go there. How dare you to treat veterans who kept our country safer. My cousin Lanny R. Bolding didn’t make it back from Vietnam and then my Uncle Jerry Cates fought in the Korea War. How dar you to treat these men and woman who fought for your country so you could run that little rinks dink restaurant for y’all in the United States. Shame on you people . You owe those vets a great big ass apology.

• Irene Grooms

July 5, 2017 at 7:55 pm

GOD BLESS OUR PEOPLE WHO HAVE SERVER OUR COUNTRY TO KEEP US FREE AND IF YOU WHO CAN’T DO JUST THAT GET THE HELL OUT OF AMERICA.

6. Brian Montgomery

July 1, 2017 at 8:21 am

Gang related ?? Really ?? Dave and Busters CEO’s, please be advised that not only I, but everyone one of my friends and family will never again do ANY BUSINESS with a communist company again ! Not only should you be boycotted , but you should be sued for infringing on our Veterans 1st Amendment rights ! How dare you insult the very men and women who served this country so scum like you can make a buck off of these fine people ! You absolutely disgust me ! Nothing would thrill me more than to see you file Chapter 13 bankruptcy!

• fred freestone

July 2, 2017 at 4:03 am

I have never gave dave and busters one penny of my money and sure wont now.

7. David burroughs

July 1, 2017 at 12:43 pm

This is the most Despicable thing to do to our VETERANS!!! Without these VETERANS you probably wouldn’t have a DAVE and BUSTERS!!!! All I can say is “Dave and Buster you’ve stepped in it”!!
    I like (I hope) others will not set foot in any of your establishments ever AGAIN!!!!

8. David Stephens

July 1, 2017 at 12:47 pm

I am A “Veteran” (U.S. Army=Korea) There is no “Dave and Buster’s” around Here, but if there was, It would be “Off Limit’s to “This Veteran”! “YOU ARE A DISGRACE TO “THE UNITED STATES”!

9. Sandra Devens

July 1, 2017 at 8:13 pm

Boycott Dave and buster…they are a disgrace to our Men and women in the Military….support our Men and women in our military now.

10. Fran

July 1, 2017 at 10:15 pm

There’s dumb and then there’s real honest to goodness stupidity. This guy should have his head examined, cause all the free advertising this move is getting him is NEGATIVE.

11. Roberta corum

July 2, 2017 at 12:53 am

If it wasn’t for the veterans and the sacrifices they have made you wouldn’t have the freedom you do. So I will boycott your business. And will tell me friends as well .. So in the future when a veteran walks in ( if they ever do again) the door instead of asking them to remove there vest. Shake there hand and thank them for there service and for the sacrifices they have made. And don’t stop there pick up the meal ticket .its the least you can do. If you love be in the greatest country on earth. Then thank the men and women who keep you safe in it.

12. barry1817

July 2, 2017 at 6:47 am

seems the worm is turning.

This is why I said when Trump tossed his hat in the ring, the unique man, at the unique time to drain the swamp and make America Great Again. And what happens when he tweets and stands up to the media and to the crap that his been going on, and going on for far too long, people notice and take heart, and stand with him.

13. Mary Combs

July 2, 2017 at 8:51 pm

What do you expect from a Muslim dominated area??? Until they are RUN OUT, our lives will NEVER BE FREE. We are still America, no matter how many try to INVADE us.

14. CMSGT Martin L. Church, USAF, Retired

July 2, 2017 at 9:48 pm

YEP – This kind of conduct, by TYRANTS, pop up periodically. I travel through the states where these places are located and NEVER will I stop in and patronize any of them. As a 42 year veteran of the USAF, it is with great pride to advise ALL military personnel, their families and friends to NEVER set foot i any of these businesses, they DO NOT deserve our business.

15. Jeff Taylor

July 2, 2017 at 9:50 pm

Of course this would happen in Michigan. Don’t want to offend the muslims.The state is infested with them and now has a muslim who is affiliated with the muslim brotherhood running for governor.

16. D.w Casto

July 3, 2017 at 2:57 pm

As a veteran the behavior shown by these employees is inexcusable; however, I have run into this situation several times as a security consultant to the food and beverage industry when they were trying to cope with violent gang activity in their establishments. They issued “blanket” prohibition of attire, patches and colors of all types which indicated membership in an organized gang and then some ignorant employee or store manager didn’t have the common sense to make allowances for the good guys such as police, military, and veteran organizations. Unfortunately we really do have some stupid people working in those industries. My Grandson who is a Deputy Sheriff was recently embarrassed by one of these clueless snowflakes who questioned if he should allow him entrance with a weapon although he was in full uniform.

17. HOWARD DENNARD

July 3, 2017 at 4:40 pm

So, now the military and veteran organizations are “GANGS”. Well, this is one “gang member” that will never again step into one of your restaurants, nor will any of my family. And forget any apology, you went too far.

18. Tramp

July 4, 2017 at 4:22 am

Never went there. Never will.

19. Kathie

July 4, 2017 at 6:56 pm

Disrespect seems to be their favorite flavor. I have never spent a penny at one of these and damn sure won’t now!

20. iris

July 4, 2017 at 7:15 pm

Never been , now never will. I’ll stand with the military “gangs”. They have always had my respect and my back, so now I got their back. Dave and Buster did a major boo boo, You Don’t insult or mess with our veterans or military men and women. REAL AMERICAN FIGHT FOR EACH OTHER.

21. Dorothy Gilley

July 6, 2017 at 3:32 am

wow..a so called American business…think yourself dam lucky you have that right..most despicable thing I’ve ever heard of..gang related??? you dam numb skull, full blown idiot moron…
    Thank you all of you for your comments and for your service to this country, you are so appreciated along with all the past generations who helped to make this country free…
    We don’t have this chain where I live but sure someday we might but not sure of that now lol ..time to boycott them and Walmart along with them

22. James nelson