One Of America’s Favorite Restaurant Chains Just Trashed Our Military Vets - Boycott Them Now!

One Of America’s Favorite Restaurant Chains Just Trashed Our Military Vets – Boycott Them Now!

Of all the asinine policies, Dave and Buster’s arcade and restaurant in Kentwood, Michigan demanded veterans, Victor Murdock and Adrienne Brown of the American Legion Riders Post 179 of Grandville, MI, remove their vests or vacate the restaurant.

The patches on their vests depicted the American Flag, a bald eagle and the Prisoner of War Flag. The restaurant’s management claimed the patches on their vests promoted gang-related symbols.

This is political correctness run amok. According to Military.com, Texas-based Dave and Buster’s headquarters issued a statement explaining:

“The group was asked to remove the jackets or turn them inside out because the business’ dress code prohibits evidence of gang affiliation. Spokeswoman April Spearman said the policy was in place ‘to ensure that everyone is able to enjoy themselves in a fun and safe environment.’”

The American Legion is one of the oldest, most respected veterans’ organizations in the country. Since its charter and incorporation by Congress in 1919 following World War I, the American Legion has served as a patriotic veterans organization devoted to mutual helpfulness. The American Legion is most assuredly not a gang. The American Flag, the bald eagle and the Prisoner of War Flag are not gang symbols.

Dave and Buster’s needs to reap what they have sown. The internet is full of forums and discussion groups planning to boycott Dave and Buster’s for their utter contempt and disrespect of American veterans.

Dave and Buster’s is not only disrespecting veterans who have served our country, they are denying them their First Amendment right to freely express themselves.

What does this say about America when our veterans cannot display the very flag they fought and died for? Not sure how to pronounce it but the word is BOYCOTT.

Sign the petition below:

Dear NFL: We will not support millionaire ingrates who hate America and disrespect our Armed Forces and Veterans. Who wins a football game has ZERO impact on our lives. Who fights for and defends our nation has every impact on our lives. We stand with the Heroes, not a bunch of rich, entitled, arrogant, ungrateful, anti-American, degenerates. Signed, we the people.

PETITION: Fire NFL Players Who Protest the National Anthem

1. Barbara P. Turner

July 1, 2017 at 12:50 am

ATTENTION CEO AND OPERATORS OF DAVE AND BUSTERS! SCREW YOU! I WILL STAND FOR ALL OF OUR VETERANS AND IF YOU HAVE ANY DAMNED THING TO SAY ABOUT IT, YOU JUST COME SEE ME! GOT THAT! WHY ME? BECAUSE THE MILITARY BUCK STOPS WITH MY FAMILY! GOT THAT?! HERE: RIP Daddy, Semper fi, Korea, Merchant Marines-age 16, Philippines, Okinawa; plus over 1,000 other of our family’s military Vets from our original 25 in the Amer. Rev. War. 2 on the Viet Nam wall; 2 who perished on the USS Arizona; many many decorated heroes and 6 of my direct Uncles who all served in WWII, Granddaddy P who fought the Germans in Germany in WWI, yes one, Daddy’s older brother 1Lt. U.S. Army, lost his best friend and over 1/2 his btn. at Normandy, Omaha and Italy. I had 6 Uncles total who served during WWII, we had 56 serve in that war, 14 served their entire tours in Europe. We had a 19 yr. old co-pilot who was shot down with his crew over Germany and imprisoned at the infamous Stalag Luft III prison camp – made famous by the movie “The Great Escape” and later they were liberated by the Russians in April 1946. We also had a few spies down through the ages. God bless them all for our freedoms. We have many decorated heroes and my mother’s cousin Gloria was a Supv. in the Rosey the Riveter program. We had 25 Plunketts who fought, suffered and some died in the Amer. Rev. War here in VA. We had over 160 from 9 states who fought, suffered and some died and some imprisoned during the un-Civil War. I was married to a Viet Nam Vet U.S. Army Photographer, top Sec. Crypto S.I. clearance 2 Generals down from the Pres. and I myself “heard the call” and served as best I could as a volunteer in the Civil Air Patrol, SouthSide Sqdn, ’77-’79. We thank all of them for our Freedoms!
    This is just the highlights.

• Barry Koehl

July 1, 2017 at 1:11 am

THIS IS THE MOSY INSANE I HAVE READ ABOUT HOW AN AMERICAN COPNAT – PROTECTS THEM TO THE DEATH -I HOPE THIS GETS ALL OVER THE COUNTRY. SHAME ON YOU………LIBERALS, SOCIALIST, FASCIST, COMMUNIST DAY HAS BEEN MADE WITH THIS INFO – AND THE WILL USE IT TO PUT OUR COUNTRY DOWN SAYIN ARE OFFICER’S HAVE NO SUPPORT – YOU DAMN FOOLS.

• Joy Caraway

July 1, 2017 at 2:00 am

Amen. Thank you for saying what I feel.

• Donald Emery

July 3, 2017 at 9:07 pm

That’s the way I feel ex Navy

• Jody

July 1, 2017 at 3:50 pm

I have never heard of this restaurant but SHAME on them. If not for our military, they wouldn’t have this freedom. Thank you to all of our veterans. You are heroes.

• Ron

July 3, 2017 at 1:48 am

Couldn’t have said that better. God bless them all for their service.

• Angie Kerner

July 3, 2017 at 6:01 pm

I want to say Thank you to your family’s servicemen and woman and to you Barbara for your service! God Bless you all!

• Glenda Pryor

July 7, 2017 at 5:10 pm

God bless you for speaking up. I will NEVER go this place. NEVER!!!

• Barbara

July 8, 2017 at 1:12 pm

Well said
      JE

• Angel

July 11, 2017 at 12:03 am

“The issue, apparently, was that Dave & Buster’s has a dress code for customers that precludes the wearing of “evidence of gang affiliation,” a policy that extends to “motorcycle jackets displaying patches” without regard to whether those jackets or patches reflect membership in a benign organization and don’t actually express any form of gang affiliation:” Read More….

• Barbara

July 13, 2017 at 12:29 am

Great comment!

2. joycecoonrod

July 1, 2017 at 1:58 am

Love our military veterans. They have been stalwart friends of us for all time. Always ready for the call.They deserve so much more than we can give them.

3. :Linda Mccusker

July 1, 2017 at 3:25 am

this is such a stupid business…the word is out and you have cut off your nose to spite your face….the military current and veterans are your used to be patrons…parents of your used to be patrons…I wonder if it is worth it to lose business…

4. Dolores McCartney

July 1, 2017 at 3:32 am

I will make sure to pass this along, BOYCOTT!

• Nancy Lowery

July 2, 2017 at 6:37 pm

Just adding this to the places which I have boycotted!

5. Elaine

July 1, 2017 at 6:43 am

Where is this place so I won’t go there. How dare you to treat veterans who kept our country safer. My cousin Lanny R. Bolding didn’t make it back from Vietnam and then my Uncle Jerry Cates fought in the Korea War. How dar you to treat these men and woman who fought for your country so you could run that little rinks dink restaurant for y’all in the United States. Shame on you people . You owe those vets a great big ass apology.

• Irene Grooms

July 5, 2017 at 7:55 pm

GOD BLESS OUR PEOPLE WHO HAVE SERVER OUR COUNTRY TO KEEP US FREE AND IF YOU WHO CAN’T DO JUST THAT GET THE HELL OUT OF AMERICA.

6. Brian Montgomery

July 1, 2017 at 8:21 am

Gang related ?? Really ?? Dave and Busters CEO’s, please be advised that not only I, but everyone one of my friends and family will never again do ANY BUSINESS with a communist company again ! Not only should you be boycotted , but you should be sued for infringing on our Veterans 1st Amendment rights ! How dare you insult the very men and women who served this country so scum like you can make a buck off of these fine people ! You absolutely disgust me ! Nothing would thrill me more than to see you file Chapter 13 bankruptcy!

• fred freestone

July 2, 2017 at 4:03 am

I have never gave dave and busters one penny of my money and sure wont now.

• Anne

July 8, 2017 at 4:31 am

Well said! Never go to Dave & Buster’s again. No longer will they receive business from my family and I. They ruined their chance.

• Angel

July 11, 2017 at 12:19 am

” The company is now expressing a desire to review the dress code policy and seek input from veterans groups, according to a revised statement from Vice President of Marketing April Spearman.

“We recognize the need to educate our team members about the American Legion, and have reached out to the local American Legion Post 179, and the national organization for guidance,” Spearman wrote in the statement. “In addition, we will review our approach to our dress code.”
      – Snopes

Murdock said he has spoken with a Dave & Buster’s executive, who plans to travel to Michigan to meet with members of the local American Legion groups.

“We’re going to sit down and try to hash out some of the concerns about the policy,” he said. “Just so stuff like this doesn’t happen in the future.” “

7. David burroughs

July 1, 2017 at 12:43 pm

This is the most Despicable thing to do to our VETERANS!!! Without these VETERANS you probably wouldn’t have a DAVE and BUSTERS!!!! All I can say is “Dave and Buster you’ve stepped in it”!!
    I like (I hope) others will not set foot in any of your establishments ever AGAIN!!!!

8. David Stephens

July 1, 2017 at 12:47 pm

I am A “Veteran” (U.S. Army=Korea) There is no “Dave and Buster’s” around Here, but if there was, It would be “Off Limit’s to “This Veteran”! “YOU ARE A DISGRACE TO “THE UNITED STATES”!

9. Al Norton

July 1, 2017 at 6:17 pm

Never been in a “Dave and Buster’s” and sure as hell will not be going in one. How stupid can you get…??

10. Sandra Devens

July 1, 2017 at 8:13 pm

Boycott Dave and buster…they are a disgrace to our Men and women in the Military….support our Men and women in our military now.

11. Fran

July 1, 2017 at 10:15 pm

There’s dumb and then there’s real honest to goodness stupidity. This guy should have his head examined, cause all the free advertising this move is getting him is NEGATIVE.

12. Angela

July 1, 2017 at 10:36 pm

Thank you for the article. My family will NEVER go there!

13. Andy

July 1, 2017 at 11:27 pm

There was so much left out of this article. Dave and Busters immediately apologized and are working with the American Legion to make dress code changes. But that doesn’t piss off the sheep to make them boycott stuff. And they weren’t asked to remove the vests because of the flag or eagles, but because of the rockers and MC patches. Look up how motorcycle clubs operate, a rocker and MC patch makes you a rival and some of them will gut you in the middle of Disneyland because of it so doing it in Dave and Buster’s in front of your children wouldn’t be an issue. Look up stuff before you fly off the handle, otherwise you are as bad as liberals are. This site just made my fake news filter.

14. Roberta corum

July 2, 2017 at 12:53 am

If it wasn’t for the veterans and the sacrifices they have made you wouldn’t have the freedom you do. So I will boycott your business. And will tell me friends as well .. So in the future when a veteran walks in ( if they ever do again) the door instead of asking them to remove there vest. Shake there hand and thank them for there service and for the sacrifices they have made. And don’t stop there pick up the meal ticket .its the least you can do. If you love be in the greatest country on earth. Then thank the men and women who keep you safe in it.

15. Ann

July 2, 2017 at 1:47 am

Really? I have lived all over Texas for all of my “three score and ten” and never, ever heard of “Dave and Buster'”. Reckon this just might be a hoax…?

16. barry1817

July 2, 2017 at 6:47 am

seems the worm is turning.

This is why I said when Trump tossed his hat in the ring, the unique man, at the unique time to drain the swamp and make America Great Again. And what happens when he tweets and stands up to the media and to the crap that his been going on, and going on for far too long, people notice and take heart, and stand with him.

• Alice Miller

July 8, 2017 at 10:04 pm

What the hell does this comment have to do with BOYCOTTING “DAVE and BUSTER’S.” My dad served in the Korean War and received the “Purple Heart.” This is what we should remember about our veterans. He served his country and family until the day he died in 1977. He was a great man who served for a Great Nation. There should be no homeless veterans living on our streets and they all should always be treated with the utmost respect. It makes me want to puke when I hear such disrespect coming from people who call themselves Americans. This was the most “UN-AMERICAN” – “OFFENSIVE” – “TREATMENT” of “VETERANS” I have read. Too bad they are too honorable of men to have taken out “THE OWNERS” like the enemies they protected us from, but they took an oath to serve and protect. Gang members would have done just that, so they should consider themselves lucky. Furthermore, I would not step into one of their restaurants if they paid me. Veteran’s, wear your symbols with pride. And I am proud to be a West Virginian!

17. Anthony

July 2, 2017 at 12:18 pm

I address this post to anyone who knows a veteran, is a veteran, or is related to a veteran! Any company that shows this type of contempt for a veteran is itself deserving of contempt and a boycott of their business! It is a sad day for me to hear that this kind of thing is going on! Good luck with your contempt D&B!

18. austin

July 2, 2017 at 3:31 pm

i would tear that building down.and fine the shit out of them yankee bastards.

19. Mary Combs

July 2, 2017 at 8:51 pm

What do you expect from a Muslim dominated area??? Until they are RUN OUT, our lives will NEVER BE FREE. We are still America, no matter how many try to INVADE us.

20. CMSGT Martin L. Church, USAF, Retired

July 2, 2017 at 9:48 pm

YEP – This kind of conduct, by TYRANTS, pop up periodically. I travel through the states where these places are located and NEVER will I stop in and patronize any of them. As a 42 year veteran of the USAF, it is with great pride to advise ALL military personnel, their families and friends to NEVER set foot i any of these businesses, they DO NOT deserve our business.

21. Jeff Taylor

July 2, 2017 at 9:50 pm

Of course this would happen in Michigan. Don’t want to offend the muslims.The state is infested with them and now has a muslim who is affiliated with the muslim brotherhood running for governor.

22. Alvin Tollison

July 3, 2017 at 1:36 am

I am an armed forces veteran.served in the U.S. Air force .we do not have a Dave and Busters in the town Where I live so I cannot boycott them but from this day forward I will not tell anyone about Dan
    ve and busters unless I tell them how they disrespected our service members.

23. D.w Casto

July 3, 2017 at 2:57 pm

As a veteran the behavior shown by these employees is inexcusable; however, I have run into this situation several times as a security consultant to the food and beverage industry when they were trying to cope with violent gang activity in their establishments. They issued “blanket” prohibition of attire, patches and colors of all types which indicated membership in an organized gang and then some ignorant employee or store manager didn’t have the common sense to make allowances for the good guys such as police, military, and veteran organizations. Unfortunately we really do have some stupid people working in those industries. My Grandson who is a Deputy Sheriff was recently embarrassed by one of these clueless snowflakes who questioned if he should allow him entrance with a weapon although he was in full uniform.

24. HOWARD DENNARD

July 3, 2017 at 4:40 pm

So, now the military and veteran organizations are “GANGS”. Well, this is one “gang member” that will never again step into one of your restaurants, nor will any of my family. And forget any apology, you went too far.

25. Aaron Wright

July 4, 2017 at 1:17 am

Dave nd Busters must be owned by ISIS

26. Barry Southwood

July 4, 2017 at 3:04 am

Old news, and after the outcry by almost everyone, Dave & Busters management sat down with the vets and worked it out.

27. Active duty Air Force

July 4, 2017 at 4:08 am

You people are all fucking retarded. The uniform of the day in that restaurant says NO COLORS. How fuckin hard is that to understand?

28. Tramp

July 4, 2017 at 4:22 am

Never went there. Never will.

29. Kathie

July 4, 2017 at 6:56 pm

Disrespect seems to be their favorite flavor. I have never spent a penny at one of these and damn sure won’t now!

30. iris

July 4, 2017 at 7:15 pm

Never been , now never will. I’ll stand with the military “gangs”. They have always had my respect and my back, so now I got their back. Dave and Buster did a major boo boo, You Don’t insult or mess with our veterans or military men and women. REAL AMERICAN FIGHT FOR EACH OTHER.

31. BARBARA N LYNDS

July 4, 2017 at 11:47 pm

YOU ARE SO VERY PETTY AND IGNORANT, YOU’RE JUST PATHETIC!!!!!!! A BOYCOTT IS INDEED CALLED FOR AND MUST BE USED TO SHOW YOU STUPID, UNGRATEFUL PEOPLE THAT WE LOVE OUR MILITARY FOR THEY ARE KEEPING OUR COUNTRY SAFE, THAT HAPPENS TO MEAN “YOU AND YOURS TOO”, YOU UNGRATEFUL ANGRY PERSON. THE PERSON THAT FIRST COMMENTED, NAMELY, BARBARA P TURNER, SAID IT BEST SO THERE IS NOTHING ELSE I CAN ADD. SHE STATED MY FEELINGS TOO.

THANK YOU, BARBARA P TURNER AND “GOD BLESS AMERICA”

32. Barbara

July 5, 2017 at 2:28 am

Deprave and Busted,
    What schools did you attend?
    Why didn’t you have a history or civics class?
    American Legion is a gang????
    You and your restaurant are dangerous.
    If you never went to elementary or high school
    your recipes and food safety must be lacking.
    Who reads for your staff if they are so stupid?

33. 'Sconsin Patriot

July 5, 2017 at 8:55 pm

Never heard of them. Now I don’t need to. Can’t believe they don’t know any better than to pull a stunt like that. God bless our military and veterans.

34. Dorothy Gilley

July 6, 2017 at 3:32 am

wow..a so called American business…think yourself dam lucky you have that right..most despicable thing I’ve ever heard of..gang related??? you dam numb skull, full blown idiot moron…
    Thank you all of you for your comments and for your service to this country, you are so appreciated along with all the past generations who helped to make this country free…
    We don’t have this chain where I live but sure someday we might but not sure of that now lol ..time to boycott them and Walmart along with them

• Anthony Morris

July 14, 2017 at 3:55 am

People, chill out. It was a misunderstanding. They have apologized and will review their standing on the issue. It’s not like they were actively against the veterans, they thought it was just a motorcycle gang. Before you start being all bitchy, read updates on the issue.

35. Anthony Morris

July 14, 2017 at 3:54 am

36. James nelson

July 26, 2017 at 2:17 pm

37. Annie

July 29, 2017 at 2:14 am

Dave and Busters goes the way of Starbucks, Chipolte and all the boycotted business.. When will the PC end?