Pope Francis Is Criticizing Trump Over His Decision To End DACA

Pope Francis claimed President Trump is not pro-life because of his decision to end DACA.

“The president of the United States presents himself as pro-life, and if he is a good pro-lifer, he understands that family is the cradle of life and its unity must be protected,” Francis said on Monday.

The pope said that he doesn’t know much about DACA program.

“I think this law comes not from Parliament but from the executive,” he said. “If that is so, I am hopeful that it will be re-thought.”

Tuesday Trump issued a statement saying DACA “permits will not begin to expire for another six months and will remain active for up to 24 months. Thus, in effect, I am not going to just cut DACA off, but rather provide a window of opportunity for Congress to finally act.”

The creator of DACA, former President Obama, in 2012 explained that DACA is “temporary stopgap measure.”

Furthermore, in 2010 he admitted to knowing his limits as president, saying, “I am president, I am not king. I can’t do these things just by myself. We have a system of government that requires the Congress to work with the executive branch to make it happen.”

Trump explained that he will not deport DACA recipients, only other illegal migrants.

“Our enforcement priorities remain unchanged,” Trump stated. “We are focused on criminals, security threats, recent border-crossers, visa overstays and repeat violators. I have advised the Department of Homeland Security that DACA recipients are not enforcement priorities unless they are criminals, are involved in criminal activity or are members of a gang.”

He also pointed out, “officials from 10 States are suing over the program, requiring my administration to make a decision regarding its legality” and that Attorney General Jeff Sessions and “virtually all top legal experts have advised that the program is unlawful and unconstitutional and cannot be successfully defended in court.”

Trump promised that he “will resolve the DACA issue with heart and compassion – but through the lawful democratic process – while at the same time ensuring that any immigration reform we adopt provides enduring benefits for the American citizens we were elected to serve.”

Last year during the presidential campaign, Pope Francis said he is questioning Trump’s status as Christian, saying, “person who thinks only about building walls, wherever they may be, and not of building bridges is not a Christian.”

And Trump replied saying, “The pope said something to the effect that maybe Donald Trump isn’t Christian, OK? And he’s questioning my faith. I was very surprised to see it. For a religious leader to question a person’s faith is disgraceful.”

Please share this post on Facebook with your thoughts.

What is your opinion on this? Scroll down to comment below!

Continue Reading

1. sandra tabor

September 12, 2017 at 8:58 am

Well I guess the pope doesn’t know this program for the dreamers is illegal, and it breaks our laws. I do believe I saw a wall around the pope residence for protection. So start practicing what you preach, Mr. Pope. I am sure I didn’t hear the pope support the life of aborted fetuses, but support the illegal dreamers?? If congress lets these illegals stay in the country, without applying for citizen ship, Then what happens to the ones that did. It’s not fair for the legal citizen to pay for their citizenship, and illegals comes in free.

• Jen

September 12, 2017 at 5:08 pm

Right. They need to get at the back of the line

2. Cesar EVANGELSTA

September 12, 2017 at 9:04 am

Truth be told.. Right on spot!

3. Pingback: Pope Francis Is Criticizing Trump Over His Decision To End DACA – Conservative Politics

4. Lynne Slaton

September 12, 2017 at 10:05 am

And how tall is that wall around the Vatican? Christians don’t judge. Did you just judge him pope? Shame on you. Oh! And I suppose you have no laws there. At least none that you enforce.

5. Lynne Slaton

September 12, 2017 at 10:09 am

Oh oh oh!!! I know! Let’s send all of the ones we deport, for whatever reason, to the mighty pope. I’m sure he can handle these fine upstanding aw breakers.

• Lynne Slaton

September 12, 2017 at 10:09 am

Law breakers.

• Samantha

September 12, 2017 at 2:15 pm

Hit the nail on the head 100%.

6. Carol Lemons

September 12, 2017 at 11:27 am

Dear Holy Father, I reside in the U.S.A. We are and always have been, except for the last 71/2 years, a nation of laws.
    I do not agree with everything our current president says or does, but he is trying to protect the American people. That is his job. He has already shown his adherence to pro-life policies by his appointment to the Supreme Court, the highest court in the land.

You admit you do not know much about D.A.C.A. Even our former president admits that it was unconstitutional. President Trump is merely trying to rectify that huge mistake.

7. abacus

September 12, 2017 at 12:25 pm

Never mind protecting the family, start protecting the young boys from your pervert priests.

• Lois

September 12, 2017 at 3:52 pm

This man is NOT a Man of God nor does he speak for God. He is a man that has a job, a position. He will stand before God and give account to Almighty God and the whole world will see and know that he is…..FAKE POPE.

• Gail

September 12, 2017 at 8:51 pm

I agree! Judgement will soon be coming for these perverts!

8. kenneth

September 12, 2017 at 1:00 pm

I thought the pope is a religious leader of the catholic church. but somehow this one thinks he is God. and everyone is supposed to follow his ideas. go on back to being a leader of the catholic church where you can’t even get them to follow your doctrine. remember the bible says not to judge, lest thy be judged.

9. J.R. COSSIO

September 12, 2017 at 2:47 pm

Mr. Pope,
    Your opinion is irrelevant. Not even roman-catholics listen to you.
    The vast majority do not believe in your dogma of infallibility, and why should they? your opinions are as wrong as the ones of the lefties all over the world.
    The vast majority practice abortions in spite of your” pro-life” farse. Your church is one of the biggest pedophile organizations in the world!
    Why don’t you donate to the poor of the world all that ill acquired wealth in the coffers of the vatican? you collect money from the poorest of the poor in the poorest countries of the world, and all of that goes directly to your church-maffia state called the Vatican. Shame on you.

10. AHZZ

September 12, 2017 at 4:30 pm

Go back to your “Walled Secured Home” pompus, commie pope and count your gold & silver, FRANCIS!
    And let AMERICANS run AMERICA!

11. Shirley

September 14, 2017 at 8:06 pm

if you don’t much about a subject don’t comment on it out of ignorance. Trump did the right thing by turning it back to congress where it should of been when O’bama did DACA to begin with. O’bama never took a stand was always taking the easy way out of real issues.

12. Craig

September 15, 2017 at 9:54 pm

Pupe Franthith is probably a pedophile.