Postal Workers Angry at Trump Just Got Hilariously Bad News

Donald Trump has a new nemesis: the U.S. Postal Service.

Alright, let’s be honest — Trump seems to have a new nemesis every week. With that said, there’s no doubt that the president has made the USPS a serious talking point lately, and postal workers don’t seem to be his biggest fans.

A few months ago, Trump drew ire when he suggested cutting retirement benefits and reducing weekly mail delivery in order to help get the struggling agency back under budget.

The president has also heavily criticized an arrangement between Amazon and the USPS, which he believes is costing the taxpayers a significant amount of money.

“I am right about Amazon costing the United States Post Office massive amounts of money for being their Delivery Boy,” he tweeted on Tuesday.

“Amazon should pay these costs (plus) and not have them bourne by the American Taxpayer. Many billions of dollars. P.O. leaders don’t have a clue (or do they?)!” Trump chastised.

Some employees went postal. In New York, a local post office made the news after it was reported that workers who had proudly displayed portraits of Barack Obama and Joe Biden refused to do the same for the 45th president.

The USPS employees behind that apparent anti-Trump slight just got some bad news: Their congressman is trying to make Trump’s mug mandatory at all post offices.

“Rep. Dan Donovan (R-N.Y.) is planning to introduce legislation that will mandate that post offices of the U.S. Postal Service display photos of the president and the vice president,” stated The Hill.

Of course, it wouldn’t be just Trump, but a portrait of the current president and vice president, whoever they may be.

“A draft of the legislation Donovan plans to introduce says it would require that official portraits of the president and vice president be displayed side-by-side,” continued the report.

If that bill passes, the politically peeved postal workers will have no choice but to walk past the grinning faces of Trump and Vice President Mike Pence every day, a harmless but humorous scenario that might make them think twice about political stunts the next time.

The idea of anti-Trump postal workers getting their just desserts is good for a chuckle, but the truth is the USPS is in real trouble. A spat over portraits is not what the agency needs to worry about right now.

“From 2013 to 2016, the USPS averaged a net loss of $5.3 billion per year,” admitted Bloomberg News, which is no pro-Trump mouthpiece. “The president is right to be concerned with the state of the USPS. The question is whether Trump actually wants to fix the agency or simply tweet about it.”

Ironically, if Trump is able to tackle this issue, he could be remembered as the president who helped save America’s long-serving postal service. It’s an uphill battle … but if he pulls it off, there wouldn’t be any reason to complain about his portrait on the wall.

What do you think? Scroll down to comment below!

Continue Reading

1. Mark Adams

April 8, 2018 at 2:06 am

I believe in a balanced budget, but at the same time I am concerned about money cutting costs at the Post Office. I live in a town of about 160 people. We already have no mail delivery in town. You have to have a P.O. Box and go to the Post Office for your mail. Our Post Office is only open in the morning and for an even shorter time on Saturday. Cost cutting may close our Post Office altogether. If it does, the nearest Post Office will be about 10 miles away.

2. duddly

April 8, 2018 at 2:21 am

Many carriers are lazy and don’t want to do there jobs. I understand they get treated poorly by management who thinks that they are the Drill Sargent,but please at least put the mail in the correct mailbox!

• Carolyn

April 8, 2018 at 4:01 am

I totally agree. Our carrier is constantly giving us the wrong mail and when we have a package if it doesn’t fit in the mailbox she puts a notice in our box that she was unable to deliver it and we need to pick it up at the post office (even when we are standing in the driveway or on the porch, rather than be bothered to get out of her truck. I miss our old carrier who not only brought the package to the door, but also brought all of our mail to our door also when he delivered the package.

3. SAM

April 8, 2018 at 2:23 am

GO GET’UM PRESIDENT TRUMP

4. John Campbell

April 8, 2018 at 2:27 am

Postal Unions are likely to be upset. Something about them determines that everyone owes them thus tax dollars are their favorite supply for a money pit. If they were truly a private business they would be out of business.

5. Sharon Jeanguenat

April 8, 2018 at 2:28 am

Well, our mail service in the outlying area where I live is atrocious. And, like I told my neighbor, I can see WHY they’re $5 mil in the hole! 3 years ago, this August, THREE of my letters, with monthly bills in them, got lost. To date, not ONE of those letters has shown up, at any of the companies that I paid, nor come back to my house. I was very SMARTLY was told at the office in town, that, as long as I had my return address on the envelopes, they would either go to whoever I had mailed them to, or come back to me. One was my mortgage payment, & by the time I found out what was going on, I was 2 months behind with my mortgage. Then, because it was money orders, & I KNEW the Post Office would refuse to reimburse me, I contacted Western Union, who I had purchased the money orders from. But, it cost me $45 of what I had paid for the money orders. Western Union charges $15 per money order for every research they do. I had no choice, since I didn’t have an extra $350 to pay extra payments. I’m STILL struggling because of it too. And, then right after that, my neighbor had mailed a bill from her mailbox. And, the carrier, raised the flag, but left the letter in her mail box, so by the time her money got to the company, it was late, & they charged her a $30 late charge. Now, we’re both seniors on a fixed income, & neither of us can afford to take care of things like that. No more than each of us draw, (we’re both below poverty level,) even $30 make a pinch in the wallet. We end up having to do with things, such as food, & some of our meds. I totally agree with Mr. Trump. And, the blame for the HIGH wages & pensions, (they start at $14 an hour now,)that goes right at the feet of the union. Postal Workers & Carriers Union, I think is the name of it. And, if pensions AREN’T cut, when these guys working now want to retire, the pensions aren’t going to be there. And, the Postal Service will end up bankrupting. Too many Greedy Gus’s with their hands out is the BIG problem. Yet unions are always hollering about the good they’ve done. Yeah, 30 YEARS ago, they did a great service to workers, but nowadays, all they’ve done is cause a BIG problem. That’s one reason the city of Detroit is bankrupt. Pension plans secured by the unions. That’s one reason schools are in such bad shape, pension plans secured by the unions. To me, I’d rather give up a couple of dollars of my pension, than to bankrupt the city, or the schools, or the post office, & not have ANY pension at all. But, the unions won’t hear of it. Bunch of dummies run the unions in this country, for the most part. This is why so many states want a National Right to Work Law. Here in Tennessee we have that, & while it may not be so pleasant, if the job wants to get rid of you,it keeps the companies, for the most part, from having to shut down, & everybody losing everything, EXCEPT the union officials. I work at a factory up in Illinois that hit a bad snag, & almost everybody was laid off, EXCEPT the union reps, & the leaders of that particular group at the factory. So tell me again, how good they are!

• Ellender Brown

April 8, 2018 at 5:44 am

THANK YOU , I have has the same problem . Sick of every thing the Government works do . They are just a bunch of lazy do nothing people .

6. Jay

April 8, 2018 at 5:27 am

Sounds like “Going Postal” has more than one meaning.

7. ed if ct.

April 8, 2018 at 5:33 am

Trump.is woefully misinformed .Amazon.com contract brings in.significant money .They.po hsve added tens of thousands of employeeso as a result. Trumps bozo.advisor .is a shill for fedex.Not.to.mention.po.has not receive ANYtaxpayers funds.for decades. Period

8. Jerry Hauser

April 8, 2018 at 5:40 am

First of all the Presidents picture and the VP should always be posted in every federal building in every state period. Absolutely no exceptions. these buildings including everyPost Office is to be neutral as to what ever party is in office.
    Second The post office is operating over budget as well as Amtrak there has to be something done. even if it is privatized. So let Trump be Trump and let him get the job done and all be thankful.

9. Faye Reynolds

April 8, 2018 at 6:04 am

Do it Mr. President! And I love the idea of seeing your picture in the PO!!!

10. james M Stone

April 8, 2018 at 6:11 am

All of the postal workers want to make a big hourly wage and have a big pension and do a half ass job. Every time you go into a post office it takes for ever for them to wait on you and they act like you owe them something. On top of that all of the blacks that keep screaming about discrimination are the ones that have the jobs, another reason that there is such a problem. They don’t want to do anything but get something for nothing. I hope President Trump does straighten it out.

11. David Robier

April 8, 2018 at 6:26 am

Having been a Postal employee for thirty-three years, and now retired, I can speak first hand that indeed the Post Office has many problems. One of them is incompetent management. The ranks of management are filled not by quality employees applying for the positions, but by employees who will “cut the throat” of anyone in an effort to show how tough they are.

Many of the entry-level supervisors are given positions are placed into management roles in which they have zero knowledge. Then, after a few weeks time will attack their underlings as being lazy and going their jobs.

In my last position, a newly promoted supervisor was given my own operation to supervise. Because he was a “friend”, he approached me and told me that he had no knowledge whatsoever of vending technology. I told him, “Don’t worry E_____, you are inheriting a very good crew. (I might add that this same crew had won multiple awards and recognition for our performance) We’ll have you up to speed in no time.” About three weeks after that, the same supervisor entered out office and proceeded to call us bums.

I myself am quite certain that one of the biggest problems in the Post Office is not the carriers and clerks. It’s the arrogant and power hungry management.

12. Mike Setzer

April 8, 2018 at 6:28 am

They could raise the price of stamps by a few pennies again. It’s about time anyway.

13. Sunsakki

April 8, 2018 at 6:35 am

If anyone can straighten out the PO our POTUS can! He has an excellent business mind wouldnt you say ?!!
    Support him in his efforts please.

14. brian MCMILLAN

April 8, 2018 at 7:41 am

The problems are over staffing and the Postal Unions.

15. Ron Hunter

April 8, 2018 at 8:36 am

IF, Amazon gets its packages delivered at a loss, then WHO is to blame? Someone negotiated this deal! If it is a bad deal, fix it. If it is the cause of losing money, then fix that! It’s not brain surgery, or rocket science, it’s plain old business knowledge. Best yet, it can be FIXED easily. DO IT!

16. JCLincoln

April 8, 2018 at 10:43 am

I wonder if Amazon paid off certain high level people in the USPS to the tune of $ Millions to get this deal.

17. MFH

April 8, 2018 at 12:08 pm

Yes I was shocked when the things I ordered from Amazon was delivered by the regular US postal service instead of UPS, etc. So Trump is correct …the tax payers are paying for Amazon deliveries!!

18. Dave Matthews

April 8, 2018 at 12:31 pm

I agree with President Trump, our Postal System definetely needs fixing..Drain The Swamp Mr President! I would like to know, why, I live in a senior Bldg with 100 apts, 6 floors, with intercoms to each apt right at the front door, plus elevators, why then won t, the Post Man come to my door when I get a Certified piece of mail with the ticket so I can sign and receive the mail right after I sign? Oh no, what they do is stick the certified sticker that you have to sign to get your mail in your mail box because there too lazy to just hit the intercom button to try and notify me or bring it to my door like they used to do, this has been going on for at least the last 15 years, so I either have to just sign the card and let it there and in two more days receive my certified mail or have to walk to the Post Office 4 blocks away and get my mail! And sometimes some of these are packages from the VA, Medicine I need and only can get on a monthly basis..I say if we have to go anyway and get our mail to the Post Office, then eliminate the Post Man, why do the Taxpayers have to pay for a service they don t receive anymore? I ll back President Trump to the hilt with any changes he has in mind to straighten out this Country!

19. Ctskip

April 8, 2018 at 4:02 pm

problem is the union of federal workers is large and our President has less than half the nation against him. If he used Charmin to wipe his butt, they would boycott the maker of it. Hopefully, Trump will straighten out not only the USPS but also the VAMC and let the demon-rats eliminate themselves. The swamp water is becoming increasingly thin. The rats butts are beginning to pop up.

20. Mandy

April 8, 2018 at 6:27 pm

US Postal employees should not be involved in politics on the job no matter which pol party is in charge. Now bacause of Democrats again we need to write new legislation to enforce our laws of no politics within federal subsidized businesses.

21. Synickel

April 8, 2018 at 7:18 pm

I often get several deliveries a week from Amazon, and I can’t remember one that has come through USPS. Most are sent by UPS and a few by the horrible Fedex.

22. Michael

April 10, 2018 at 4:37 am

FedEx & UPS BOTH make an annual profit EVERY SINGLE YEAR!
    Obviously the United State Postal Service is not run by good management.
    There is no accountability for doing a poor job.
    Businesses that lose 5 Billion dollars a year go out of business.
    RIDICULOUS!