Republican Sen Jeff Flake: Trump’s Attitude Towards Accusers ‘a Big Problem’ for GOP

Sunday on NBC’s “Meet the Press,” Sen. Jeff Flake (R-AZ) said President Donald Trump remarks about sexual misconduct accusations within his administration was a “big problem” for the Republican Party

Partial transcript as follows:

TODD: Do you worry that this is a pattern here, that it seems as if, particularly with the president, that, number one, accusations are not believed, it’s sort of a knee jerk response, and you could decide whether it’s projection or some other reason, but it seems as if women are never believed when it comes to an accusation to the president or somebody to the president.

FLAKE: I do in if you put on a political hat that that is a big problem. Certainly how we are viewed as Republicans in the next election, I think that that is a big problem. And certainly, substantively, it’s a big problem not to show any concern or empathy for the potential victims of these incidents. That is a problem. and that’s something I think the president ought to correct.

1. Marcia Rand

February 12, 2018 at 4:03 pm

Senator you dont get involved………..,

2. bruce mckenna

February 12, 2018 at 4:05 pm

flakey you are your own problem. shut your mouth unless there is something of interest in there. you could not solve a problem if it was multiple choice and all the same answer.

3. Betsy Cox

February 12, 2018 at 4:13 pm

If you people worked as hard for we the people instead of digging for trouble and finding
    fault with President Trump our country would soon be great again!

• Jan Ludo

February 12, 2018 at 4:40 pm

Betsy, very well said. Too bad that the democraps and other traitors do not agree with you: all they want is for the US to become a third world nation that they can control and bleed to death.

4. Alex Mackie

February 12, 2018 at 4:39 pm

Jeff Flake and John McCain betrayed the Republican party.They are both RINOS and they both need to go as soon as possible.

• Jan Ludo

February 12, 2018 at 4:41 pm

His name says it all.

5. Jim Delora

February 12, 2018 at 4:58 pm

So Jeff, Are not the accused allowed Due process ??? Isn’t innocent until prover guilty the American way ???

6. Sal belardo

February 12, 2018 at 6:25 pm

Was a problem for the GOP says it all! There is nothing President Trump can do or does’t do to satisfy the Left! We don’t care what they think or say because the left hates America and has no solutions except to hate Trump! Keep it up! And try using that hate in 2020! God bless Trump!

7. Linda Palmer

February 12, 2018 at 7:37 pm

I challenge anyone to take a long look at their grandchildren and then claim that an ‘accusation’ is enough to ruin someone’s reputation, career and livelihood. Why should your Grand Daughters wield that kind of control over any man? I have seen women do vicious things in the heat of a divorce, and I have seen them beat the heck out of men too. It is never right for an individual to lay hands on another person…but now it is about someone saying a sexist ‘comment’? I suggest that when accusations are made the old lie detector test is brought out and both parties take it. No, it is not acceptable in a court of law, but in the court of public opinion it can have a big impact. I have truly been a victim of REAL SEXUAL ASSAULT as a young woman and I hate that it is being conflated with remarks about boobs and butts. I thank God (for my Grandson’s sake” that due process is alive and well in his heart. Innocent until proven guilty.

8. Nick Carter

February 12, 2018 at 7:47 pm

Mr. Flake,

You are a liar. You must go out of politics in shame. Every time you open your mouth you lie. It is very clear that you are a Demotard posing as a Republican. I wouldn’t if you were on fire I wouldn’t piss on you to save you.