Sharyl Attkisson: “It Looks Like Obama Did Spy on Trump Just Like He Apparently Did to Me”

Investigative journalist, Sharyl Attkisson was one of the many people targeted by the Obama administration for surveillance.

Her personal computer and CBS laptop were hacked after she began filing stories about Benghazi that were unflattering to the Obama administration. Attkisson wrote a New York Times bestseller documenting this called ‘Stonewalled’.

On Wednesday, Attkisson wrote an Op-Ed for The Hill titled, “It looks like Obama did spy on Trump, just as he apparently did to me” in response to the CNN report that Obama’s FBI indeed wiretapped Trump’s former campaign manager Paul Manafort.

Attkisson said in her op-ed that many in the media are missing the bigger story with the wiretapping reports. The Obama administration spied on political opponents, journalists and members of Congress and asks if the intel agencies are indeed weaponized.

She also points out a pattern that every time CIA Director John Brennan or DNI head James Clapper were caught spying, they would falsely deny such accusations.

Attkisson points out that the media is happy to push propaganda for the government rather than report the truth:

Then, as now, instead of getting the bigger story, some in the news media and quasi-news media published false and misleading narratives pushed by government interests. They implied the computer intrusions were the stuff of vivid imagination, conveniently dismissed forensic evidence from three independent examinations that they didn’t review.

Attkisson concludes:

Officials involved in the surveillance and unmasking of U.S. citizens have said their actions were legal and not politically motivated. And there are certainly legitimate areas of inquiry to be made by law enforcement and intelligence agencies. But look at the patterns. It seems that government monitoring of journalists, members of Congress and political enemies — under multiple administrations — has become more common than anyone would have imagined two decades ago. So has the unmasking of sensitive and highly protected names by political officials.

Read the full op-ed here.

Attkisson also posted her Obama-era surveillance timeline which is bone chilling to read.

In the timeline, Attkisson reveals when she began to be targeted by the Obama admin and how it progressed.

1. Sean Brady

September 21, 2017 at 7:35 pm

Lots of talk. No one goes to jail. Why bother to even read this rubbish? It means nothing.

2. Lt. Col. Timothy N Hunter

September 21, 2017 at 7:43 pm

You mean that Obama only spied on you? If you were really dangerous to the Far Left you would have been driven out of the State Department at gunpoint (like me)… After I came back from a diplomatic mission to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia I reported to the Inspector General that the Clintons and the Saudi Royal family were actively participating in a corrupt plan involving the US Export-Import Bank, the US Department of Transportation, the Clinton White House and the US State Department. When I returned to the USA the Washington Office of the FBI called me in for an interview. I reported on the many Clinton illegalities. They asked for a list of the crimes and I sent them the US Army Auditor Field Manual “Economic Crimes” and I provided commentary on each crime. Then a few weeks went by and gunmen invaded the Office of International Financial Services (US State Department) where I worked as a Finance Office in the US Foreign Service. They threatened my supervisor. I had to flee when the men displayed their artillery…What happened to Sharyl Attkisson was obviously “minor league” play compared to 5 or 6 gunmen chasing me…

3. roger domnie

September 21, 2017 at 8:03 pm

good bye barry and mike, sooooooooo glad to see you two queers gone. we should finally have a better 2017. after 8 years of living under lies, socialism, sharia law, corruption, perjury etc. we are free to take our country back. may you fry or find a planet to inhabit with soros… you were made for each other.

4. June Wilson

September 21, 2017 at 8:07 pm

While the democrats have been so busy trying to catch President Trump in their Russia,Russia,Russia investigation,it high time that our Attorney General start investigating Hillary,Mr. Comey,Mr. Brennan,Mr. Clapper,Susan Rice, Loretta Lynch and Barrack Obama!!! There are probably more that I don’t know about. I think America deserves to know just what the people I’ve listed did!!! It’s called justice!

• Jo Foster

September 22, 2017 at 10:34 pm

So true. June Wilson. So very true.

5. Wayne Jones

September 21, 2017 at 8:32 pm

Is this saying that the Obama administration lied to the American people, really…

6. Sal belardo

September 21, 2017 at 9:48 pm

Now do you believe that after calling Barak Obama a Socialist, Muslim Traitor, Racist and Lying Scumbag that I was correct for the past 2 1/2 years! I had him pegged from the first time he was running! So what’s going to be done to all these people that broke law after law after law?

7. bluewren

September 21, 2017 at 9:58 pm

It goes much deeper than that,look what is happening in Canada.Does nobody question why the West is obligated to take in Islamist refugees while Saudi Arabia won’t.But they will fund Mosques to be built in Western white countries?