‘Sick sick sick’ racist Procter & Gamble ad crosses every line! If you are white, brace yourself before watching

This might be the most racist commercial any company has ever produced.

A more than two-minute video produced by Procter & Gamble, the company that manufactures Cascade, Febreze, Mr. Clean, Tide, Swiffer, Downy and a plethora of products, shows various scenes of black parents talking with their children about racism.

The ad, titled “The Talk,” shows scenes of black parents, spanning generations, telling their kids about how the system is stacked against them, how racist white people are and teaching them to fear the police.

One of the scenes shows a black mother, who appears to be from the 1940s or 1950s, holding a white doll and telling her mother that a woman at the store told her she was pretty for a black girl.

“That is not a compliment,” the mother said. “You are beautiful, period. OK?”

In the next scene a mother talks to her son, presumably about the N word, a word uttered by more black musicians than white people these days.

“It’s an ugly nasty word and you are gonna hear it. Nothing I can do about that,” she said.

A subsequent scene shows a mother during a bygone era telling her daughter headed to camp that she can do anything “they” can do.

“The difference is you gotta work twice as hard and be twice as smart,” she said.

In another scene a mother from current times tells her daughter what to do “when you get pulled over,” as if it is guaranteed to happen.

When the daughter explains that she is a good driver, the mother reinforces negative stereotypes of police officers by telling her “This is not about you getting a ticket. This is about you not coming home.”

The ad is part of Procter & Gamble’s “My Black Is Beautiful” campaign for which it promoted the hashtag “#TalkAboutBias” on social media.

“These real-life conversations about conscious and unconscious bias are too common in homes across the country and weigh heavily on parents and children of many different backgrounds. We take seriously the opportunity to spark dialogue on what we all can do to put an end to the harmful effects of bias, and motivate true change,” the company’s director of global company communications Damon Jones said in a statement.

If the goal was to get social media to talk about this ad then it succeeded, but not entirely in the way the company wanted.

Black conservative Anthony Brian Logan called the ad “overly dramatic” and pointed out that the ad serves a second purpose of devaluing the need for a “nuclear family” as only one scene showed a father present.

Logan said the ad is unrealistic and noted that he never had a talk like that with any member of his family.

“The only kind of talk I got was ‘you need to do right. You need to do the best things you got to be doing,’” he said. “It was all about personal accountability, personal responsibility. It was not about ‘white people have this, white people have that.’”

“This whole commercial from Procter & Gamble – is nothing more than a marketing ploy to try to get black women on the Internet — to buy their products,” he said. “It’s a marketing campaign to get people to come purchase things. It’s nothing else. It’s not some kind of PSA. It’s not an altruistic thing. It’s all about money and that’s it.”

What do you think about this comment below.

1. Gigene

August 1, 2017 at 10:08 am

We’ve all seen these stats before, but there is something wrong with our social system.
    Approx. 75% of minorities are born with out a providing, live in father. They are raised without discipline and respect for authority. The cost of welfare and what it’s producing is going to destroy America.
    2013. F B I crime statistics involving 15 year old to 34year old Black males.
    Blacks males committed 57.3 % of all Robbery.
    Blacks males committed 50.8 % of all murders.
    Blacks committed 38.8 % of all aggravated assaults.
    Blacks committed 34.1 % of all forcible rapes.
    This group is only 3 % of the total U S population.
    Only 16% of Baltimore teenagers have been raised with married parents
    Meaning 84% of Baltimore teenagers have not been raised with married parents.
    72% of Black children are born illegitimate.
    The incarceration rate in state or federal prison or jail
    for white men was 736 per 100,000,
    for black men 4,789 per 100,000,

• Kiki

August 2, 2017 at 7:06 pm

I noticed that it was the Mothers who were speaking to the children. Definitely racist. This is a promotion from someone who wants to continue separation of our country.

2. abacus

August 1, 2017 at 11:25 am

When can we expect to see that Procter and Gamble are to be prosecuted for racism. I won’t hold my breath.

• Big E

August 2, 2017 at 12:39 am

Racism is not a crime. They can not be prosecuted for it. If you want them to be punished, boycott and spread the word.

3. ALICE WELCH

August 1, 2017 at 12:57 pm

I THINK THEY ARE USING RACE BAITING TO SALE PRODUCTS SO WRONG THEY ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM TODAY

• Big E

August 2, 2017 at 12:42 am

Agreed. They could have taken the money used in that commercial, and converted it to products, and handed them out to people they wanted to target. Offer coupons and hand deliver them to the neighborhoods they want to reach or whatever. This was a group of old white guys trying to solve the problem of “How do we reach the single black moms?” …. nothing more.

4. PHILLIP BAUGHMAN

August 1, 2017 at 1:01 pm

It sounds like the white people need to quit buying Proctor and Gamble products that is the way to get the message to them that they are racist .

• Fran

August 1, 2017 at 11:22 pm

Agree boycott proctor and gamble products

5. Curmudgeon

August 1, 2017 at 1:38 pm

Note to management: If you think such a racial ad will get me to buy your soap, you are very badly mistaken.

6. Dori

August 1, 2017 at 1:43 pm

Thank you Michelle Obama!! She never misses an opportunity to racebait.

7. Flonnie

August 1, 2017 at 1:49 pm

That’s unfair ,,,you are teaching hate with this commercial, how are our children ever going to respect each other with people like you, telling one group they are GOING TO BE MISSTREATED,by the other group,a it’s OK to be racist to the other ,you are part of the problem ,,thinking of separating us ,,so you can sell your products, white people should boycott all of your product!!!

8. jtas

August 1, 2017 at 2:17 pm

Back in the 50s I lived in Henrietta,NY.Our school was all white.One September 2 black kids started at our school Guess what?There was not one problem.We all got along just fine.What the hell has happened to our country? Kids aren’t born to hate.They learn it from adults.I have black friends that I love dearly and we would do anything in the world for each other.It’s a very sad world we live in today.

9. Leona Matcuk

August 1, 2017 at 2:26 pm

Why the hell would P&G post such a racist video. Instead of them teaching their children that everyone is equal stop teaching them to be racist. This makes me sick. thank the previous administration for this great divide. I’m not racist yet according to this video I am. I have worked with all kinds of races and I treated them all with respect and they treated me with respect. Let’s stop looking at the color of ones skin and just them by their character. All people are created equal. Racist is shared by all races. Not just whites against blacks. This video truly shows that blacks can be racist also. So these adults should grow up and teach their children correctly instead of playing the race card.

• Gregory Reynolds

August 4, 2017 at 6:05 pm

Why haven’t you guys done that? I mean you can’t find one act of overt racism against whites by blacks but I can start with slavery and move to Jim Crow, Black Codes, Segregation, Voting, Civil Rights, Housing discrimination, lending discrimination, employment discrimination and a whole list of other things that the courts had to resolve because even though the Constitution says one thing whites have never let that stop them from doing the opposite until caught and it overturned. You say all people are created equal but somewhere I read that blacks were considered 1/5th of a man here in America. Now what in this video showed blacks being racist? Explaining to their children that they aren’t what whites say or act towards them and that even though folks say we are created equal that as blacks being average doesn’t cut it in America. Lets look at this current administration and the new fight against Affirmative Action where whites feel they have been somehow discriminated against because a black person got a spot they felt they should have. Whats funny about that? White women have been the biggest beneficiaries of Affirmative Action (documented fact). So lets be real about this. If I as a black person acted as a white person does when getting stopped by a police do you think I would be alive today? You all mouth off at the police wave guns and fight with them and live to tell about it. And just so you know. Whites kill 75% of all the police that get murdered during stops and this year your on record to hit that 89% mark!!!

10. linda

August 1, 2017 at 2:43 pm

exploiting emotional race to sell. I am disgusted.
    Well they forgot that whites asians, and others also buiy their products.

11. Lynne Slaton

August 1, 2017 at 3:08 pm

Dang. I used a lot of your products too. But … you are replaceable. I do not condone race baiting at all. We’ve had enough of that in the past 8 years. You’ve heard it before, if you’re not part of the solution, you’re artofvte problem.

12. Lyd Rox

August 1, 2017 at 3:53 pm

Let the Goodness in you SHINE THROUGH..
    AND it Will shine through no MATTER
    What COLOR OF SKIN IT COMES FROM…
    COLOR Does Not immunize you from being
    A Victim…because a person of ill-will
    Will Strike to NOBODY in Particular..
    He is the problem and he DOESNT care who he HURTS..

13. Joseph Vigue

August 1, 2017 at 4:55 pm

Huh, I wonder what color P&G’s director of global company communications, Damon Jones is. Don’t suppose he’s black do you? Nah, can’t be or he never would have been able to get a high paying job like that because Whitey is so damned racist! Racist Asshole!

14. yogiman

August 1, 2017 at 8:17 pm

All men are created equal and no race is superior to the others. It is the person’s attitude that makes him a racist.And we have racists of all ‘colors’.

• Gregory Reynolds

August 4, 2017 at 5:54 pm

Then explain slavery? Jim Crow? Voting rights? Civil Rights? Housing discrimination? Banking Discrimination? Because all the people that were involved in perpetuating these things happened to be white. So how are all men created equal again?

15. Bob

August 1, 2017 at 10:03 pm

I hope you people calling this “racist” will someday be reborn black.

16. Zyworski

August 1, 2017 at 11:14 pm

The bigotry and racism in this country is so out of control that the negative stereotypes have become self reinforcing. Proctor and Gamble was brave to point out the handicap under which black people must live. Just look through the comments you will not see constructive criticism just vitriolic hatred.
    Some of us are ready to defend the concept of equality under the law and will stand ready with video camera in hand to put anyone who thinks otherwise under the spotlight.

17. Nancy Johnson

August 2, 2017 at 12:27 am

Just wrong!!!!!

18. 6&3/4inches

August 2, 2017 at 1:29 am

……………………… I say buy all the P.& G. products you can, you people are not seeing their message correctly……………..

19. Robert

August 2, 2017 at 4:23 am

This does show a segment of our community, of which I have lived in several years in the past. It does show the parents programming the children with both negative opinions, and fear. Although, those things do happen, but other segments of our community push positives, and the children do a lot better when uplifted,than those that were filled with negative opinions.

20. CaptGene

August 2, 2017 at 4:53 am

Dear Proctor and Gamble,
    Thanks to your total stupidity and EXTREME RACIAL BIAS, I will no longer purchase ANY of your products. Obviously your company is being run and controlled by the so-called “BLM” movement, and that is just fine with me. They might buy your products, although I suspect even THEY aren’t so stupid to recognize pandering, but as for me, not in this life or any other shall I ever buy another of your products. You people are despicable beyond description.
    Gene Leone

You know, Lenin coined the term “useful idiots”. He had to have had people and companies like P&C in mind when he said that. This crap is the sort of thing that DIVIDES a nation. Thanks a lot, morons, you, along with your Marxist hero Obama have set race relations back a full two centuries in America.

• Olga Musson-Zepke

August 2, 2017 at 6:04 am

Please list all Procter and Gamble products and I will stop using them. Whether you are white, brown, black or polka dotted, racism is wrong. We should taking each person at their own value.

21. Heather Moore

August 2, 2017 at 8:22 pm

Very sad that P&G has stooped to this level. It is biased and unfair toward whites. What a mistake.

22. Penny

August 2, 2017 at 8:35 pm

I’m white. I am a female. I had similar statements said to me when I was small by others, of course it had nothing to do with my color. I heard from my father… your so G __ D___ retarted, what the h___ is the matter with you. If you looked like your sister, than you could wear that. If we had the money than you could go… If we had the money than you could do… Etc. I heard and saw other people all over where ever I have been… being put down, having very little, living in poverty, fighting for a job that should have been theirs, ignorant things said to them and about them…etc. We all can concentrate on the negative that is thrown at us or situations we find ourselves in and blame others for everything…or.. we can seek God and find out who we are in His eyes and what our real worth is… and let Him be our provider, protector, our source…and be victorious. It is either one or the other, you can’t have both. I am victorious in Christ Jesus who lives in me… He wants to live in you too but you have to invite him, it is your choice. Stop dividing everyone and start looking to the one who can and will unite. The one who makes a difference.

23. PM F

August 2, 2017 at 9:54 pm

Character is what matters. Taking responsibility for yourself counts. Being a giver not a taker counts. P&G are crazy. Time for label reading.

24. Alice Caouette

August 2, 2017 at 10:21 pm

It is sad when you have Companies who push Racism . Maybe there needs to be ” The Talk” to warn the ways of Giant Companies way of controlling your thoughts . Shame on Proctor and Gamble

25. Alan

August 3, 2017 at 12:03 am

Every negative comment I heard on the news, in print, or in there area, against police are from BLACK people. No white people are swaying black children to things this way, their parents, siblings and other in their own community do such a great job of scaring them and training them to be violent.

26. sgt

August 3, 2017 at 5:19 pm

Simple folks… it’s YOU who stirs the $hit! There’s nothing wrong with the commercial…it applies to people of all skin color. Some dumb ‘Dems’ created the word ‘racist’ and it’s being thrown around like donkey dung…used for everything and perpetuationg SEPARATION.

27. Joyce Wood

August 3, 2017 at 9:43 pm

I’m white and as white can be. My husband had “The Talk” with me. Since I am a concealed weapons carrier….he said if you get pulled over….put your hands on the wheel….when the officer approaches the car….let the officer know you have a concealed weapon in the car and wait for his instructions.

We all have to follow rules no matter what color.

This commercial is again race baiting.

Thank you for speaking up.

28. Sybil Leger

August 6, 2017 at 2:42 pm

Soros probably paid for that crap,as long as we feed that wolf, he or she is the one that will prevail, I say we feed the wolf that gets along together, and makes America, the beautiful place it was meant to be. Our country will only succeed, if we quit the black and white stuff, and become people working together, for the same purpose, to be peaceful.