Sponsor Drops Brandon Marshall For Kneeling During National Anthem

Sponsor Drops Brandon Marshall For Kneeling During National Anthem

Broncos linebacker Brandon Marshall is out a sponsorship deal after he kneeled during the national anthem before Thursday night’s game against the Carolina Panthers.

Air Academy Federal Credit Union posted to Facebook that, “although we have enjoyed Brandon Marshall as our spokesperson over the past five months, Air Academy Federal Credit Union (AFFCU) has ended our partnership.”

Although we have enjoyed Brandon Marshall as our spokesperson over the past five months, Air Academy Federal Credit…

Posted by Air Academy Federal Credit Union on Friday, September 9, 2016

“I’m not against the military,” Marshall said after the game. “I’m not against the police or America. I’m just against social injustice.”

San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick’s decision not to stand for the anthem during the preseason, a protest against the way African-Americans and other minorities are treated in American society, has had a ripple effect throughout the NFL, with other players following suit.

“Colin is my fraternity brother, my ex-teammate, and I believe in what he’s trying to do. I believe in his actions. So I definitely want to stand by him,” Marshall said.

“While we respect Brandon’s right of expression, his actions are not a representation of our organization and membership,” AAFCU posted. “We wish Brandon well on his future endeavors.”

The Denver Broncos released a statement about the matter to NBC, the network that broadcasted the game:

While we encourage members of our organization to stand during the national anthem, we understand and respect it being a personal decision.

On Friday Broncos Coach Gary Kubiak addressed the kneeling, saying Marshall “has a right to his beliefs, and I’m going to keep us focused on football.”

Marshall says he’ll continue to refuse to stand during the anthem.

“I feel like this is the right platform. This is our only platform to really be heard. And I feel a lot of times people want us to just shut up and entertain them, shut up and play football. But we have voices as well. We’re actually educated individuals that went to college. So when we have an opinion and we speak it, I feel a lot of people bash us for what we have to say.”

1. shirley wilson

September 25, 2017 at 3:53 am

ALL SPONSORS SHOULD DROP THE PLAYERS.

2. Iris Eddy

September 25, 2017 at 3:56 am

BOYCOTT THESE TEAMS UNTIL THEY COME TO THEIR SENSES. STUPID DUMB TROUBLE MAKERS. PUNKS–BOYCOTT.

3. grandmommak

September 25, 2017 at 4:07 am

Boycott the sponsors and the NFL, praise the players who stand and show respect, boycott the rest. Social injustice? You need to look at the statistics, Black on black crime is what is destroying them. You will be questioned more when more blacks than Hispanics, Asian or whites commit the crimes. Stand up and do something for your community. Give them a hand up not a handout. Help get them off drugs, welfare, and dependency on anyone else. Do some good for your community. You are making millions of dollars and what are you doing to help your fellow man? Put your money where your mouth is.

• Sue

September 25, 2017 at 5:52 am

Well said Grandmommak.

4. Phyllis White

September 25, 2017 at 4:37 am

Don’t take out your insecurities out on our American flag!

5. Bob Benevides

September 25, 2017 at 7:11 am

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!! and salute the flag!

6. Catalina Woody

September 25, 2017 at 11:49 am

I am a true believer if you can’t respect our country and those that have fought and those that are fighting now then move! Move to a country that fits your morals and values more. If they hate the US so much then pack your bags and move. It’s that simple. Any company that sponsors these Un Americans should be shut down. Period!

7. Ellen Henry

September 25, 2017 at 11:57 am

Yes finally someone has the courage to do the right thing.Blacks are not treated any different than anyone else the flag stands for freedom I don’t see anyone of those black players being mistreated they make a lot of money to play if they don’t like there job join the military and see what’s freedoms all about

8. Marcia

September 25, 2017 at 1:06 pm

Exactly what social injustice is he talking about? If I wanted to feel sorry for myself, I could easily find something that is against me… but why focus on that? There are people of all colors and ethnic backgrounds that feel slighted… or somehow treated unfairly… BUT tell me, please… what does the flag have to do with that? Where in this world will you have a better opportunity? Idiots, every one!

9. William A Jones

September 25, 2017 at 2:56 pm

Why aren’t they protesting these democratic run cities where the black on black murder’s,crime, drugs has ruined the city and peoples lives maybe the over paid clowns should start there

10. LEN

September 25, 2017 at 2:58 pm

Boycott football!!!

11. Sheryl A Koller

September 25, 2017 at 5:44 pm

One very simple way of solving the problem! If he doesn’t want to stand for the National Anthem and the flag, don’t let him participate in the pre-game! He can stay in the locker room on his knees until the kick-off! The constitution says nothing about where said person can be while exercising his or her rights!

12. Helen

September 25, 2017 at 6:36 pm

GOOD. I HOPE THAT MORE AND MORE SPONSORS FOLLOW THIS LEAD & DROP THESE DEADBEATS! THEY ARE MAKING MILLIONS WHILE WHINING ABOUT SOCIAL INJUSTICE! HEY, PUT YOUR MONEY WHERE YOUR MOUTH IS AND THEN TALK TO ME!

13. Marjorie Holder

September 26, 2017 at 3:42 am

I stand for our country, veterans and current personnel who are serving our country.also their families who serve as well. I feel they are being disrespected by these highly paid athletes. We don’t wAtch any one but the cowboys because of their strong leadership to our flag and national anthem. A.if these who think they are kneeling for the abused take some of your millions and go back k home and help the impoverished. That’s what George Foreman did and is still doing it. Lead by example.

14. dirtgrey

September 26, 2017 at 11:44 am

Social injustice? I guess I missed the boat on this one. Social injustice is when your actions and words garnish you a negative response from society. This is a not a chicken or egg question. If you act like an idiot, society will treat you like an idiot. If you act respectable, society will treat you accordingly. It seems you are wanting society to turn their heads whenever you go off the deep end about something that is intellectually crude or shunned. You reap what you sow. Quit blaming society for your own stupidity.

15. Mike

September 27, 2017 at 12:29 am

They’re all absolutely entitled to their opinion/belief. That takes a back seat when they’re on the clock, just like any other job. They work a couple hours, one day a week, 16 days a year, chasing a ball. My dog does that well too, and he can run a lot faster than every one of them. That leaves 349 more days for most of them to be sjw’s. Gtf over yourself, Marshall.