SURPRISE! Trump Just Did The 1 Thing No President Has Ever Done During a State of The Union!

It is a longstanding tradition during that Supreme Court Justices don’t clap during a State of The Union Address. They have literally NEVER clapped… Until last night…

A few minutes into his speech, President Trump gave a short, touching tribute to the late Justice Scalia. Trump then recognized Maureen Scalia, Justice Scalia’s wife, who broke down in tears in this touching moment.

The Camera panned to the Supreme Court Justices and they were ALL smiling and clapping with everyone else! This shows you how much RESPECT they had for Justice Scalia that they were willing to ignore a 200 year old tradition to honor him! WATCH this then SHARE on Facebook if you miss Justice Scalia!

This came just moments after President Trump recognized the wife of Fallen Navy Seal Carryn Owens. This was perhaps the most emotional moment i’ve ever seen in a political speech.

H/T Subjectpolitics

What do you think about this comment below.

1. Lorie Detter

March 1, 2017 at 6:28 pm

So rewarding to have a President who spreads genuine, authentic love, concern, honor of others !

2. Theresa

March 1, 2017 at 6:54 pm

First, this was not a state of the union address. But I appreciate what you were trying to do. Please get your facts straight. False news? As a Trump supporter, we have enough true & impressive facts to report without inflammatory statement
    Don’t stoop to “their” level.

3. Marie Boatman

March 1, 2017 at 7:30 pm

Get rid of these worthless and filthy ads on here

4. Gramma

March 1, 2017 at 7:34 pm

In all my years of listening to Presidents… Best speakers were Kennedy and Reagan, but I have to says President Trump gave a heartfelt speech.. No sarcasm nor insulting.. Just got down to business. I gained a whole lot more respect for our current President.
    Now.. being a Independent Voter.. in which I have voted many a time toward the Democrat side, but after their disrespectful conduct during the speech.. I might NOT ever vote that direction again…..
    Totally ashamed and disgusted in the Demos actions!

5. Tad

March 1, 2017 at 7:49 pm

Fantastic speech! Bravo Mr. President❤

6. brenda keller

March 1, 2017 at 8:46 pm

I think you need to correct your headline…Last night was not the State of the Union address according to other news source!! I also think last night speech will hard to top (it was a fabulous speech)!!! Please check your sources again!b

7. Syn

March 1, 2017 at 9:11 pm

I think this is his way of reaching “we the people”, it tells me what kind of guy he is who has been elected POTUS. He’s reaching down to the people of America, no matter our wealth or poverty. This man has a lot of class.

8. wanda wilson

March 1, 2017 at 10:29 pm

Very special moment for a brave man and his grieving widow. Great job Mr. President.

9. E. Goldie

March 1, 2017 at 11:29 pm

I thought his tributes were incredible! This man, our President, is working hard to undo the damage his predecessor did and I think he will do it! He is not merely giving lip service, he is doing it! I totally agree with him that no “illegals” should get free housing, welfare and food stamps! I am a 68-year-old recent widow who finds it difficult to manage on Social Security. And the minuscule increase we got this year is shameful,. Trump’s predecessor handed everything over to illegals and our enemies. We need to take care of our own, starting with the Military!

10. Carol mungo

March 1, 2017 at 11:57 pm

For this wife loosing her husband my heart broke for her. I know what loosing a loved one feels like and at that
    Moment I cried with her. God bless her.

11. Dar

March 2, 2017 at 7:20 am

I read that this wasn’t a State of the Union address. President Trump needs to wait until a year from now to give his first State of the Union speech. So the clapping was not breaking any tradition.

12. Ann

March 2, 2017 at 9:57 am

Love my new President Donald J. Trump!

13. Colleen B. McMullin

March 2, 2017 at 6:02 pm

President Trump is the greatest Preesident !! True Americans are very proud of him!! And his family!

14. Betty campbell

March 2, 2017 at 7:28 pm

I watch all of President Trump speech and I through the it was wonderful. He idi a superior job.

15. Lisa Ochoa

March 3, 2017 at 2:46 am

I’m thankful for president Trump he is a president that really cares period I felt sorry for the lady that lost her husband and I cried also.