Top Company Caves, Resumes Advertisements on Ingraham’s Show

Ace Hardware resumed airing ads on Laura Ingraham’s Fox News program this week, reversing an earlier decision to pull its spots in response to the controversy involving Parkland shooting survivor David Hogg.

The Wrap reported that Ace had joined a number of advertisers for “The Ingraham Angle” that chose to pull their ads in response to a tweet the Fox News host posted late last month making fun of Hogg.

In the March 28 tweet in question, Ingraham dinged the 17-year-old for “whining” about not being accepted to some California universities, including UCLA.

In a statement released on Thursday, Ace said, “Advertising on any network or show, is in no way an endorsement from Ace of the content contained or spoken within that program.”

The company added, “We appreciate the different points of view from our customers, and believe people should be treated with respect and civility.”

Hogg had reacted to Ingraham’s tweet by calling on his over 700,000 followers on Twitter to pick one of her top advertisers and contact them.

CNN Money reported that the liberal group Media Matters gave Hogg the advertisers information.

According to The Wrap, many of the companies the high school student listed (and more) announced they were pulling their ads from Ingraham’s program, including Allstate, TripAdvisor, Bayer, Hulu, Liberty Mutual, Office Depot, Johnson & Johnson and Sleep Number.

One prominent advertiser that did not join the boycott was MyPillow.

The company’s CEO Mike Lindell tweeted that he did not take down his ads, nor did he intend to do so.

After Ace reversed its decision to boycott Ingraham’s program, some, including the chairman of the Democratic Coalition Jon Cooper, called for a boycott of the company.

Ingraham apologized for her offending March 28 tweet the following day writing, “For the record, I believe my show was the first to feature David immediately after that horrific shooting and even noted how ‘poised’ he was given the tragedy.”

She added, “As always, he’s welcome to return to the show anytime for a productive discussion.”

“The Ingraham Angle’s” viewership is up nine percent from the program’s first quarter average, since the host’s return to the air Monday from a week long vacation.

Ingraham won the 11 p.m. Eastern time slot among the big three cable news outlets this week, with a total of approximately 2.6 million viewers tuning in, according to Nielsen Media Research.

What do you think? Scroll down to comment below.

Continue Reading

1. Butch Matherne

April 15, 2018 at 2:54 am

Had quite purchasing from Ace when they pulled their advertisement. May go back. May!!!!!!!!

• Mark Evans

April 15, 2018 at 3:48 am

Dropped Hulu. I’m not going to support any company that takes orders from a high school student.

• george johnson

April 15, 2018 at 4:39 am

I like Hulu too and wanted them to resume so I would not have to cancel in a couple of weeks. Tick tock.. tick tock.. Hulu! That actress they use on their commercials is one of my favorites too. Shame to see her getting fewer ad dollars just because they have pussy hat people on staff howling at the moon as they always do.

• connie

April 20, 2018 at 2:14 pm

i agree sick of all the crap

2. Marinevet

April 15, 2018 at 3:14 am

Hogg has has his 15 minutes. Now he can disappear into obscurity.

• AirForceVeteran

April 15, 2018 at 4:34 am

We dropped the Quicken Rocket Mortgage we were about to do, and went with a NON political company, at better rates, and they paid our closing costs out of THEIR pockets! Quicken LOST over $12,850 in costs they would have charged us, plus , all the interest earnings, above $180,000 over the next 30 years!

Haven’t bought ANYTHING from any company that spouts political or that abortion, LGBT, nonsense, for our many rental units, in over ten years! Also, we delete any “friends” on FB, who want to live in some kind of fairy fantasy world. Well, military for our first 40 years of life, you know.

• James Gunderson

April 15, 2018 at 5:37 am

Good on you.

• connie

April 20, 2018 at 2:15 pm

Yes crawl back under the rock!

3. Jackie

April 15, 2018 at 3:28 am

Oink, Oink, Oink!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Jan

April 15, 2018 at 3:28 am

I am not sure why these companies think it is okay to deny Laura her right to free speech. We don’t all agree with anything this kid has to say. He did not organize the walk or supply the funds to pay for buses, etc. He is just a paid stooge for the liberal agenda. Remember conservatives can also boycott advertisers and we will.

• AirForceVeteran

April 15, 2018 at 4:44 am

FREEDOM OF SPEECH goes both ways!!! We, the rich, the wealthy, the middle class, insist on FAIR TREATMENT for all! The instant companies boycott, at least 150 million of us will OBJECT to their bad behavior, and simply WALK across the street to purchase or invest?!

Businesses get their licenses from “We, the People”, not from either side of the aisle!

Why don’t the owners, and/or families, and shareholders, accept this fact? Meanwhile, we must boycott any and all businesses who might use our money to politically rally against our best interests, and our Constitutional Rights!

• AirForceVeteran

April 15, 2018 at 4:58 am

Those of us who served in the military, fought for EVERYBODY’s Rights! So, any who are bigoted enough, to deny anyone their Rights, on either side, will be boycotted by the honest American Citizens!

Rocket Mortgage just LOST my financing, and the $12,850 they were going to charge me, plus, the interest for 30 years.

I went to another mortgage company, where all the charges were actually $3250, and they paid them, so my loan did not!!! BAD BUSINESS to make your business a political leftist machine, when history shows that the leftist regimes nationalize businesses!!!

• connie

April 20, 2018 at 2:18 pm

YES!! good for you. i cancled my Netflex also im fed up!

5. Ron

April 15, 2018 at 3:30 am

I am in business and it is smart to not take any sides. I am definitely not on the line of left or right but thats my personal choice. As for my business they serve both sides.

6. Cobrarog

April 15, 2018 at 3:39 am

For those advertisers who have chosen to deny Laura her right to express an opinion, which I agree with, I also have a right to not purchase your products and to shop at your competitors businesses.

7. Jerry

April 15, 2018 at 4:01 am

Going to Ace and thank them.

• Dusty

April 16, 2018 at 3:50 pm

I am heading out to day also to my ACE one of my husbands favorite. Two way street advertisers stop the PC my call not yours. Not be buying my Bayer Aspirins buy the store brand I loved the sliders at Arbys not now. Sad per Nestle that I have bought and on my no list. I hate boycotts but that you a big corporation decide on my politics per a kid in Fla. NO WAY. Other ways to handle these type horrible incidents. That shooter was very mentally ill. So I hope that other advertisers come on and that Democrats also say who to boycott give me a break.

8. Dusty

April 15, 2018 at 4:06 am

YEA! Some grown up advertisers who will let me decide on who I want to boycott and I have all the others who let this kid push them into this. Such a small comment and not so terrible for so many to do this. I love Arbys not going now. I love Nestles not buying now and sent off to many others who back this President. Let me watch the news and I will decide on who I want to boycott or not shop or not watch. Laura is a good mother, religious and tries to tell things like they are. This young man in Fla. went too far at times. Know many are upset and in shock. Go and try to find out what happened and why the real reasons. Advertisers stop this and do your business instead. I love ACE hardware my now gone husband always said he really needed help he went to ACE per find this so thanks for being FAIR. Be shopping there this week. Not a few other places.

• Janis Rose

April 15, 2018 at 6:00 am

Talked to local Arby’s and they assred me they are NOT leaving Laura

• Janis Rose

April 15, 2018 at 6:01 am

Talked to local Arby’s and they assured me they are NOT leaving Laura

9. Barbara Ritchie

April 15, 2018 at 4:06 am

Sadly, THIS woman is dispicable. She is THE WORST sort of almost-human being! I admire companies who USE this woman to make $$$$$ from morons who watch her. KEEP ON advertizing and making $$$ off her crap.

• Sherry Terry

April 15, 2018 at 5:30 am

Ever felt like you were on the losing side of freedom of speech, or are you one that is so far left you have lost touch with reality and do not realize freedom of speech is for EVERYONE and not just for the Left libs who demand folks agree with them, or you throw a temper tantrum? Go find your color book and get in your safe place.

• Charlene

April 15, 2018 at 6:31 am

You must be watching her too, since you know so much about her and her advertisers. You must be so proud of our free speech right that lets you say such vile things!

• Rita Huff

April 15, 2018 at 5:44 pm

It appears you have not listened to Hogg and his very foul and nasty words. His words alone will tell you how filthy this young man really is. Who learns to talk the way he has at such a young age? I guess it was one of his filthy script writers.

• dfinch

April 16, 2018 at 12:39 am

Keep on advertising and make money for Fox. See how that works?

10. Ebba

April 15, 2018 at 4:40 am

11. James Curry

April 15, 2018 at 4:41 am

I have never shopped at ACE but I will in the future. I do not believe in any boycott especially when it is called for by a POS like Hogg. Granted he went through something none of us should ever have to go through and his opinions are his own and if people choose to follow him that is their option. For me, he will have grow up and realize that life does not guarantee one anything and if a person makes it to old age, with all the nasty things out there, they are very lucky. As for banning guns, maybe he should be asking why the authorities(Sheriff, FBI, Police, School administration and others took no action with the shooter when they had ample to do so. That is the question that has really NEVER answered. Also, does anyone wonder where this kid and others of his ilk are getting the money for travel expenses and such? I smell SOROS and others!!!

• Mary Kassel

April 15, 2018 at 6:36 pm

From what I have read, Hogg did not “go through” much of anything. He was not even at the school when the shooting occurred.

12. Maureen

April 15, 2018 at 4:41 am

Kudos to Ace for going back. Since when did we the people of the USA let some snot nosed paid idiot run the country? I applaud My Pillow for standing ground. If we would all ignore this idiot kid, he will fade away.

13. Ebba

April 15, 2018 at 4:46 am

The minute a business goes political or gets involved in social issues is when I take my business elsewhere. Mr. Hogg is a very young man who has a lot to learn. Anyone who follows his lead is foolish. When the socialist party is done with him, he will be dropped like a hot mic. Who then will be there to pick him up?. Very sad to see companies dropping ads, when she simply spoke the truth. I have stopped shopping at office Depot, Hertz, and stopped using Trip Advisor. Just saw Blue Apron dropped her, well I was going to try there product after a friend told me about them but now that is not going to happen, called my friend and told her about what they did and now she is not going to renew. Article said they were already struggling, well will see how they fair now when they decided to get involved in political matters.

14. Rebecca Nickerson

April 15, 2018 at 5:05 am

Way to go Ace ! An American move. Free speech. Laura will be blessed with or without the rest.

15. Olivia ms Pikus

April 15, 2018 at 5:08 am

I will do all my shopping that is Needed at Ace Hardware”’ Will Not deal with any of the other companies that pulled out of Ingraham” 🙁

16. doug haul

April 15, 2018 at 5:17 am

Long Post from Tenn.
    The Hogg boy is NOT a survivor of a shooting , first he wasent wounded , second he was not shot at , third he was in another building that had no shooting, Also the problem was the shooter not the guns, if all schools had some armed teachers who are trained , shooters would be stopped. You don’t hear much about armed folks stopping a violent crime , only when some unstable person goes wild with a gun. I live one hour away from Nashville , Tn. can go their with $500 buy a gun no questions asked. guns are like drugs make them illegal you can still get them if you have the money, get you head out of the sand ,or out of the clouds. And those that work an spend our money let the companys that are pulling Laura;s ads we are not buying their products.

• connie

April 20, 2018 at 2:23 pm

wow that must be Hog’s little piggies speaking for him..

• connie

April 20, 2018 at 2:25 pm

AMEN!

17. Sherry Terry

April 15, 2018 at 5:24 am

I think Hogg is a glory hound who wants his moment in the spotlight and could care less about the students who were killed…the local channels need to stop being so bias and give equal time to the Father of the young girl who was shot 9 times and still supports our 2nd amendment. He is intelligent enough to know, that the gun did not walk into the school and shoot his precious angel.
    And it was proven that no “assault” rifle was even used in the shooting.
    Hogg is a fake and a phony and needs to go away. He is not representative of the majority in our country. The Americans who KNOW AND UNDERSTAND our CONSTITUTION, realize WHY the 2nd amendment was written into law, and we want that right protected, from ALL enemies, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC.

18. Linda Nitzschke

April 15, 2018 at 5:33 am

If Ace really believes that people should be treated with respect and civility, they’re going to have to drop their ads on one hell of a lot of lib/main yellowstream media sites. Methinks a few too many advertisers are confusing serious/tough/determined language on serious subjects with being disrespectful of participants. How much time has Hogg spent in any kind of two-sided debate on the subject (without using the F-word every other sentence…hmmm, Ace and others)?

19. Janis Rose

April 15, 2018 at 6:06 am

Talked to Arby’s and was assured that they are not leaving as Advertiser for Laura’s show

20. Charlene

April 15, 2018 at 6:29 am

I wrote ACE as soon as I saw. I love their stores, and it broke my heart to boycott them. But companies should never pick sides in politics, it’s a no win situation for them.
    Hershey is now my chocolate company, and I’ll be buying My Pillows for every family member this Christmas. Money talks, it’s just a shame it has to!

21. mh46

April 15, 2018 at 8:47 am

“Poised” is what Hogg was immediately following the shooting. Several days later I learned why he was so poised and calm – he had not been a witness to the actual shooting. I first saw him that evening on Tucker Carlson Tonight, and almost the first thing out of his mouth when the cameraman starting taping him was to the effect that he wanted to make a special comment, meaning to me he had a prepared statement. I don’t recall that he got to go “anti-gun” at that time, because someone else was there waiting to give their first-hand account and statement.

22. Don

April 15, 2018 at 9:41 am

Hogg is nothing more then a democ-RATic controlled Soros, Hillary and Obama puppet, spewing all of the swamp rats propaganda rhetoric. The far left DNC cesspool has already proven they will go to any length to keep their corrupt kingdom in power, even if it means destroying our great Nation and brain washing the minds of our children to achieve their goal of a one world government.

23. Mike Dar

April 15, 2018 at 10:26 am

To say; Majority rules. Not a bunch of kids that have to ask for some money from the majority.

24. Bruce Carlson

April 15, 2018 at 2:55 pm

I had been considering changing my current insurance “package” to Liberty Mutual. Those houghts are now in the rear view mirror! When companies on the free market start placing a priority on politics (very swampy, what?) I get completely turned off. Interestingly, this ALWAYS comes in response to the Democrats push.

25. Jean

April 15, 2018 at 3:57 pm

Thank you for telling those of us who believe in the right of free expression which businesses to avoid. While these businesses have the right to express their opinion, we also have the right to express ours with our wallets.

26. Rick

April 15, 2018 at 4:30 pm

700,000 followers???….I don’t think so. The fiction writers in the Media wouldn’t be inflating numbers to influence us now would they?…Oh Hell no…NOT the corrupt Media!
    The only followers Hogg-Boy has are stupid High schoolers and Brain Washed College attendees, and some Adults whose whole day revolves around Judge Judy and Soap Operas.
    Any well educated adult will know exactly why we have the Second Amendment, and what the Liberals have in mind if they ever get the chance to endanger that Amendment. Why do they think America has never been attacked so far? It’s NOT because we Citizens can’t defend our Home Land.
    Give up our guns? Especially since the FBI is as corrupt as Hillary and Soros? NOT ON YOUR LIFE BABY!! MOLON LABE

27. Rita Huff

April 15, 2018 at 5:49 pm

For those who do not agree with the companies attempting to intimidate and threaten Laura, it should be noted that “Blue Apron” pulled their advertising two days ago. I wrote them and they were as cocky as Hogg in their response. Please help me in letting them know your thoughts on the issue of boycotting The Laura Ingraham Show.

28. Louise

April 15, 2018 at 10:23 pm

Can someone please tell me why the “democrat” is calling for a boycott of Ace Hardware? Maybe he should mind his own stinking business. Disgusting. Why are they so stinking evil? Commies and socialist fools.

29. dfinch

April 16, 2018 at 2:49 am

The kids been awfully quiet.