Trump Signs New Order: Drug Tests Mandatory For Welfare – Look What Immediately Happened!

Finally, this is amazing. The welfare/nanny state has run rampant. Encouraging people to be workless bums in exchange for “free” benefits. All you have to do is vote for the liberals and you can keep all of your benefits regardless of your drug use and choosing not to work. Welfare is changing for the better.

President Trump has done many things that made the heart of Republicans sing. Just days, or even hours, into his presidency he made steps to repair the damage done to our relations with Israel, fix our immigration problem and roll back the Affordable Care Act. All things that conservatives viewed as important, but unlikely for anyone to follow though on.

While all the issues that the president has attended to have been important for our country, I doubt any any have given conservative tax payers more glee than his allowing drug testing for welfare recipients. Middle America has been struggling under the weight of a grossly exploited welfare system for a very long time. While it’s obviously an excellent plan to help those who are unable to help themselves, supporting an able bodied person’s drug habit is unacceptable.

Under President Barack Obama, states weren’t allowed to test applicants for drugs unless they were applying for a job that already had mandatory drug testing. However, there’s a new sheriff in town — and he’s backed by a Republican-controlled Congress that, while far from perfect, is at least more likely to pass common-sense legislation like this than any legislative body under the control of people like former House Majority Leader Nancy Pelosi.

It was not immediately clear when Trump would sign the bill into law, but the White House has indicated that Trump will indeed sign it.

Republicans have cheered this bill as a victory for states’ rights, while Democrats have resorted to their old talking point of claiming that Republicans are targeting the poor.

Welfare and other government assistance programs make up a very large chunk of the federal budget, and probably the saddest part of this is not that the resources are being used by drug addicts and lazy bums, it’s that it’s being taken from both hardworking tax payers, and allocated away from the actual needy.

To the Democrats, I say take your righteous indignation to the welfare offices and listen to the able bodied men and women bragging about how they are “working the system” to get what they want. Listen to the young women doing the math about how many more kids they need to have to get enough money for their next luxury. It’s sickening, and “high” time that something were done about it.

This is something that should have been in effect the whole time. But the thing is, liberals reap a lot of benefits off of degenerates costing the states and feds money. They get constituents. President Trump is fixing lack of government oversight one step at a time.

1. Mark Hershiser

March 21, 2017 at 8:20 am

It’s way overdue.

• Meeche

March 22, 2017 at 12:33 pm

Hope all the welfare moochers get kicked off! It is sickening how they milk the system and sit on their butts all day while taxpayers pay them!

2. Richard Kras

March 21, 2017 at 10:43 am

What a Guy! Wish Oz had someone like him!

• Kathie

March 21, 2017 at 1:56 pm

It is WAY overdue to stop all the free loading in our welfare system. All people should have to work build their own retirements, pay taxes, the same way I did.

3. Elena Castillo

March 21, 2017 at 11:13 am

Thank you, President Trump! You know, you remind me of us parents implementing “Tough Love” on our children. God bless you!

4. Shmoopy

March 21, 2017 at 12:04 pm

FINALLY…. SOMEONE IN THE WHITE HOUSE WITH COMMON SENSE…
    ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS – WELFARE MOOSHERS….
    EXTRAVAGANT FAMILY VACATIONS – WITH TAX PAYERS MONEY

WE HAVE ALL HAD ENOUGH…..
    HES A BREATH OF FRESH AIR…
    (Especially during tax time!)

5. lifesongs

March 21, 2017 at 12:46 pm

Thank you President Trump. The overburdened taxpayers have been waiting for this common sense legislation.

6. April

March 21, 2017 at 12:56 pm

Your headline is misleading & could be considered a lie even. Within the article the below paragraph exists which clearly indicates the bill HAS NOT been signed. Stop misleading the public with fake headlines.

“It was not immediately clear when Trump would sign the bill into law, but the White House has indicated that Trump will indeed sign it”

7. Kurt Gödel

March 21, 2017 at 2:26 pm

The headline states “Trump Signs New Order” down in the fifth paragraph the article states “It was not immediately clear when Trump would sign the bill into law”

This is misleading, don’t you think?

8. Pam

March 21, 2017 at 2:29 pm

Maybe the democrats need to be drug tested too! They’re the ones fighting against the wall. They must be dependent on the illegal drugs and other stuff coming across the border

• Chito

March 21, 2017 at 4:21 pm

Either they are using or supplying it to keep the users dependent.

• Ivy

March 22, 2017 at 2:27 am

• Tony

March 22, 2017 at 12:33 pm

No. It because these has been tried in many states already and cost tax payers way more when less than 3 percent came back positive. We will spend billions so people who smoke pot don’t take thousands from us….

9. Tj

March 21, 2017 at 2:34 pm

Thank you President Trump! nice to have a man with common sense in charge after 8 long years of insane leadership

• D Campbell

March 23, 2017 at 2:49 am

Now that is about the dumbest comment I’ve read in a while. Common sense? Where have you been ? You must not watch or listen to what’s going on with this “common sense man”

10. Ken

March 21, 2017 at 2:57 pm

This should include congress & senator’s!! They should be drug tested!!

• Cheryl

March 21, 2017 at 8:23 pm

I have to agree, maybe the Senate and Congress needs to be tested as well.
      Not trying to be rude or disrespectful but how many of them are clean?
      I agree that ALL STATE AID recipients should be tested, and I believe they should be tested randomly.

• Pauline

March 26, 2017 at 8:06 pm

Amen, it’s about time. We have waited 8 years for this. I believe these lazy ao’s needs to get off their lazy butts & go to work. The ones that are Truely disable, we should help them until the Federal Government can give them help with a check.

11. Susan

March 21, 2017 at 3:28 pm

It’s about time. Thank you sir

12. B j Huckelby smelser

March 21, 2017 at 3:34 pm

I agree they should be drug tested if they want to get goverment help

13. patti

March 21, 2017 at 4:23 pm

I AGREE HAVE SEEM THE ADDICTS MYSELF AT THE STATE WELFARE OFFICE IN ATLANTIC CITY. I WAIT HOURS AS S SENIOR ONLY GETTING SNAP THEY GET TAKEN CARE OF RIGHT AWAY. GOV. CHRISTIE HAS YO DI SOMETHING WITH THAT IFFICE IN AC, NJ ITS HORRIBLE AND EVERYONE IS NASTY. I AM WHITE AND A SENIOR AND DESCRIMINATED AGAINST.

14. Richard Gaston

March 21, 2017 at 4:32 pm

Bout damn time if you ask me. I am on Food Stamps as a supplement to my income. The State says I fall below the Poverty guidelines to which I just get $163 a month in Food Stamps. Not enough to live on, but I work so no big deal, it just helps us out (my Family as well as me, total of 3 of us). I work in a convenience store and it galls me to no end to see people come in and buy their whole neighborhood junk food, shopping and spending about $100 or more to shop in a 7-Eleven. Saw one guy try to sell his food stamps right there in the damn store until I said something. People even try to use the Cash side so they can buy Alcohol, good thing the Corporate of our Store put a stop to it, after I voiced my complaint with them, now they can not buy Alcohol, Lottery Tickets or even Cigarettes on the cash side. Told Corporate that it is illegal for them to do so but they kept doing it, I even told one customer a couple of years back and got told to mine my own business, it is their cash to do with what they wanted that includes buying Alcohol, Cigarettes etc….I was getting so upset with people either selling their Food Stamps to get cash so they can buy their drugs that I was about to contact DSHS and tell them to take me off of Food Stamps until they do something about it. I will see if this comes to pass and if it don’t I am taking my family off the benefits, we don’t need it that bad if DSHS as well as the Department of Agriculture (they are the ones that issues Food Stamps which is a Federal Program, not State) wishes to allow drug users to obtain FS so they just can sell it to buy Drugs instead of what it is intended for.

• Estrella Pillar

March 21, 2017 at 6:09 pm

Don’t take you and your family out of assistance! What is important is to report them to authorities! To continue raising the problem is ver important and necessary! The stores doing these illegal acts should be reported . The stores can be fined and hopefully enforce the law!

• Darnyl Vermiere

March 22, 2017 at 3:14 am

There is a whole system in Williamsport PA where people use the food stamps and then go home to make meals to sell. Sounds like fraud to me.

• Nicole

March 22, 2017 at 7:52 am

Lmao. I don’t disagree with this potential decision. However; you sound silly when you think it’s harmful to threaten them to take you off assistance “until they do something about it”. You think they’re just dying to keep giving you assistance so bad that you threatening to be taken off will light a fire under their ass to make some changes? Who are you? The Pope?

• mreaddavis

March 22, 2017 at 6:04 pm

Richard, I totally agree with you and am proud to say I don’t mind helping those who are trying to help themselves. You are showing you are making an effort unlike a lot of people out there.

• Cynthia

March 24, 2017 at 3:16 am

Martyr much…take,aid from,ur,family over an issue the,government does,not,care about……really do,U not get it…….how,dors a regime,control,its people…keep,them,uneducated, poor and dependant

• Pat

March 27, 2017 at 5:26 pm

At lease you get $163.00 & you work, try being on servivor benifits get $ 186 a month and only qualify for $ 16.00 in food stamps a month.

15. Janet Boyles

March 21, 2017 at 5:09 pm

So glad we are fixing the so called system of welfare. People can get jobs if they aren’t on drugs. It is a shame that this hasn’t been the law all along because drugs are so plentiful. I believe Trump is on the right tract to fix the system of welfare.

16. Kimberly

March 21, 2017 at 5:24 pm

The previous administration would not allow drug-testing because it was “racist”. How crazy is that? Anything suggested affecting welfare and freebies was considered racist. Welfare recipient is not a race!
    And they can manipulate a urine test, so those are useless.

17. Russ

March 21, 2017 at 5:33 pm

The article states that Trump has not signed it yet. Besides, the bill only allows the states to decide if they want to require drug testing.

18. Hugo

March 21, 2017 at 6:18 pm

About time; long overdue. No reason that an able bodied person should be on welfare. Get a job.

19. slaggingham

March 21, 2017 at 6:26 pm

After very expensive drug test trials in several states that have generated virtually zero results, the only people that STILL believe drug testing will save states money in welfare are HIGH ON METH THEMSELVES.

20. Brenda

March 21, 2017 at 6:43 pm

The sad part is that the children are still going hungry. The parents sell the food stamps fr half of face value to purchase drugs. I have been offered stamps from some of these people myself but I refused. I hope he does put this into effect.

21. Jim

March 21, 2017 at 6:46 pm

Its about time these bums get drug tested. And while we are at it, take away their cell phones. Why should we have to pay for their cell phones when I can not afford a phone with internate service. Something is really wrong with this country. At least we got rid of the biggest racist in our country.

22. F Williams

March 21, 2017 at 7:20 pm

They should be tested-if you look for a job -you get tested-get these life time lazy asses off the system or make them work for the money-cleaning road sides or cleaning the Forrest or city streets-no reason to sit at home and get paid

23. Ricard Weir

March 21, 2017 at 7:38 pm

It is about time I do not mind paying my part of welfare but it’s pretty hard to watch what took a lot of sweat and effort I was a Roofer and that is the hard way to make it when I started there no roof top delivers you had pack them up ladder no nail guns when first there wasn’t pumper kettles for hot asphalt you rope and wheel them or have big shops to use a fork lift to set kettle up hell old enough to have use the pump kerosene ones it pretty to watch all your hard earn money go to some that takes the food out the mouths and get high with. While kids get some junk food that’s not healthy for them then that more doctor bills

24. JoAnn

March 21, 2017 at 8:28 pm

I support President Trump in all he does. However, your headline is very misleading. You didn’t finish the article! What immediately happened and oh yeah, he hasn’t signed it yet. Facts boys, just the facts please. By the way DJT, you are doing a great job!

25. Pamala

March 21, 2017 at 9:38 pm

So if you aren’t doing drugs and abusing the system then you have nothing to worry about. I don’t understand why people get up in arms crying about privacy and peoples rights. Who is looking out for my rights when i pay and pay and pay my taxes only to see them being used for those that are able to work and won’t. I think this is only going to effect able body people who are on welfare and are doing drugs, how can anyone be against this bill?

26. Phyllis J. Allen.

March 21, 2017 at 9:38 pm

That’s my President. Like others have said, Loooooong overdue. I totally, 100% agree with him. Test welfare. Test everyone. Maybe that would let the dealers know there is no money to buy drugs. Go to some foreign land and petal it. God wouldn’t that be great!****How can democrats not be for this??? They can not all be that stupid!!!!

27. Christopher walsh

March 21, 2017 at 10:29 pm

They will do such stubit things like swapping female urine with male or even infants,not what your country can do fo you,it’s what you can do for our country,what a mess Obama made,how much $ has he taken from the USA the VETS hate him.

28. Jack

March 22, 2017 at 1:23 am

This is actually not true, but some states do it and have been since 09 the results in those states have been less than 1% do drugs

29. Ann Kelly

March 22, 2017 at 2:31 am

PRAISE GOD

30. Dee

March 22, 2017 at 3:23 am

How about junk food , you should only buy healthy food on food stamps. I see so many people buying crap and not enough healthy food. I’m a cashier.

31. Jacklyn

March 22, 2017 at 4:07 am

Recipients in Missouri borrow urine from their straight friends and family members.

32. Paula

March 22, 2017 at 5:05 am

Next he needs to add they can not be use for junk food.

33. Christine

March 22, 2017 at 6:23 am

Thank goodness this is happening. It is past it’s time. Maybe he can also sign a bill that states if you continue to get pregnant while on welfare your benefits are reduced or stopped. Too many women are counting children as a bigger ticket to welfare.

34. retha garner

March 22, 2017 at 12:56 pm

I agree. This have been done a long long time ago.When I was talking to a young other of 2 about getting a job so that she could be INDEPENDENT her reply was “nay I would rather be DEPENDNENT on the GOVERMENT than to be INDEPENDENT.I just about croked. It’s time.

35. Jeannie Cartelli

March 22, 2017 at 2:24 pm

So glad to have a president who will fix things so long overdue ,also the phone service should go

36. Mary

March 22, 2017 at 2:35 pm

I applaud President Trump in signing this. Drug testing should be done for anyone who receives Welfare, food stamps,Public Housing and Medical assistance.
    In allowing those that take drugs to get assistance, there is NO incentive to stop doing drugs and clean yourself up.
    There is also a lot of fraud when it comes to handouts. I for a short period of time had a job at a warehouse store. There were multiple times (not just one) where someone would have a huge cart of food (a lot of it junk food) where the bill was hundreds. The person would pull out one card, and when that was maxed a 2nd card, and even a 3rd card. All with the same 1st name but with a different last name. I told my manager about this, and was told that we just took the payments and that the cards if they went through (even though it smelled of fraud)was none of our business. I am a tax payer, it is my business. Thank you President Trump in starting to clean up the fraud.

37. Beth

March 22, 2017 at 4:21 pm

Ummm, who is paying for these drug tests?

38. Roy Q.

March 22, 2017 at 6:51 pm

Go President Trump !!

39. Nell Breaux

March 22, 2017 at 7:15 pm

We’re behind President Trump 100% and will contentue to do so. He’s fighting so hard to fix America and only idiot liberals still want to destroy our Country.

40. sheila mears

March 22, 2017 at 9:04 pm

I think this it not a bad idea, but it should be expanded to include everyone on the federal payroll, including senators and members of congress.

41. Brenda Siddle

March 22, 2017 at 10:39 pm

I agree! I am so optimistic about the future of our country under President Trump. We’ve waited a long time for a president who acts on his promises. I just love to read what he is up to every day. I could write all day on the praises of Trump. I think this is the first time that the plain old working class of America feel like we have a voice, through our president. I also want to say, “Shame on you,” to all of the “people” out there that try to demean his every move. Let the man alone so he can do what he does best, take care of things.

42. Buck

March 23, 2017 at 1:28 am

Best test for alcohol also!

43. glenda lacroix

March 23, 2017 at 10:03 am

I think its time for this it should have been done yrs ago.This isnt targeting the poor its targeting the lazy and the drug addits that sell most of them.They cat afford to buy groceries yet the can still spend money on cigerettes and cell phones if they can pay for these they can buy food.

44. Louelle

March 23, 2017 at 1:09 pm

This should be done in South Africa also as I have seen many many able bodied persons that receive disability and where does this money in those cases go? Drugs and alcohol

45. Tony Vincent

March 23, 2017 at 3:46 pm

The liberturds are slimmer then a bucket of snot rags for picking on a 10 year old kid. Can you get any lower?

46. L. Morris

March 23, 2017 at 6:46 pm

The more I read about what the President is doing and what he will be doing, the more I am glad I voted for him. He’s doing what we the people , well most of us anyway, have asked for . I’m on disability for conditions that won’t get better, and am grateful for Social Security and the 75.00 I get in FS. I stretch it , use coupons and eat cheaply. I’m so pissed when I’m shopping and adding up my purchases so I don’t go too far over, the person in front has a pile of new clothes and shoes, soda, candy, chips , shrimp, etc.paying with FS then pulling a wad of cash out to pay for the rest. How does that person slip thru when everything I have is scrutinized??? I have kids, but don’t ask because they their own bills.
    Oh and when the increase in SS was given, get this, I had notice from FS in October that I was losing 2$ on FS because of it. Didn’t start until January , but they were on the ball.lol Anyway keep up the good work Pres.Trump. We the people are behind you.

47. Sirgod Blackman

March 23, 2017 at 8:49 pm

It’ll just redirect the same money to rehabilitation programs which are being funded by taxpayer money. The recipient will in turn complete the program (6mos) and return to welfare. On another note crime will skyrocket and who knows how that will affect innocent taxpayers.

48. Bill

March 24, 2017 at 2:54 am

Gee, now who’s gooing to buy all the cochane the cia is smuggling in?

49. Cynthia

March 24, 2017 at 3:12 am

There before the grace of God go I….maybe all,of you name,callers and judgemental,people,shoukd remember that…..where have u been alll these years….have you called your state reps or,congressman or senators about this,issue or just bitched on social,media waiting,for someonelse to,make a,move…get a life

50. Kendra

March 24, 2017 at 4:55 pm

Now the drug users will just go buy fake pee called Quick Fix and all the $ spent on drug test will be wasted. If a user knows a test is coming and by law the facility cannot watch you pee then there is a way around it. Hopefully Trump is smart enough to use oral swab drug test, however they only show drugs used in last 72 hrs so if a user can manage to stay sober for only 3 days then there is a way around those tests too. It’s not as simple as take a drug test, the test is not cheap and not very effective in my opinion.

51. Pingback: Trump’s Latest Bill Makes Drug Testing MANDATORY For Welfare Recipients | enVolve

52. Dee

March 27, 2017 at 3:11 am

I can’t share any of these posts with the tasteless, offensive advertisements attached to them….

53. Sara

March 27, 2017 at 7:34 pm

Part of them arè poor because they are on drus in the first place. Get off your deadbeat asses and go to work

54. Danny

March 27, 2017 at 7:40 pm

Some people old or disabled and that’s their only phone. What if an emergency happen to them ?

55. Rita

March 28, 2017 at 5:51 pm

This is a fantasric, long time coming law! Can’t wait to see & hear the outcry from the druggies and Damocrats!

Only problem I have with the article is the headline says President Trump signed the bill, but in the body of the article you say he “probably will” sign it… WHICH IS IT?

56. Sandra L Marr

March 28, 2017 at 10:45 pm

Drug testing should be the number 1 requirement for anyone to qualify for food stamps or any other government assistance. Number 2, benefits should be limited to the number of children she has at the time she applies for the benefits.