Trump's Inauguration Suffers MAJOR Setback - SUPPORTERS SHOCKED...

Trump’s Inauguration Suffers MAJOR Setback – SUPPORTERS SHOCKED…

Though Donald Trump’s inauguration is just ten days away, the preesident-elect’s team is still trying to book singers to perform at the January 20 event. They have had a very difficult time convincing anyone to agree to perform there thus far, as singers believe they will be risking their careers in the liberal entertainment industry if they are linked to Trump in any way.

On Tuesday, Trump’s inauguration suffered yet another setback when singer Rebecca Ferguson pulled out of the event following a disagreement over song choice.

The 30 year-old former X Factor finalist had agreed to perform at the inauguration last week if Trump would let her sing “Strange Fruit,” the controversial Billie Holiday racial protest song against lynching. Banned in the 1930s, the song includes lyrics like “Blood on the leaves and blood at the root, Black bodies swinging in the southern breeze, Strange fruit hanging from the poplar trees.”

In the end, Trump’s team did not feel that this song fit the mood of the president-elect’s inauguration, so they picked something else for Ferguson to sing. It was then that she decided to pull out of the inauguration altogether.

“Due to circumstances beyond my control concerning the offer to perform at the Inauguration Concert, I was thrown into the middle of a political arena last week,” Ferguson said in a statement. “I wasn’t comfortable with the song choice made on my behalf, and although I’m very blessed to have a gift that gives me amazing opportunities, as a mother and an artist, I had to defend my stance. That is why I made the decision to sing Strange Fruit when I was invited.”

“I requested to sing Strange Fruit as I felt it was the only song that would not compromise my artistic integrity and also as somebody who has a lot of love for all people, but has a special empathy as well for African American people and the #blacklivesmatter movement, I wanted to create a moment of pause for people to reflect,” she continued. “I believe talent is a gift that should be used to heal the wounds of this world and make the world a better place to live in.”

Here’s the rest of Ferguson’s statement:

“As music is so powerful, I wanted to try and help educate the people watching of where division and separation can lead to if not corrected. My aim was not to cause contention.

Pride and ego is what we need to conquer in this world. I was blessed to be invited to the Vatican last month and one thing I was left reflecting on, was all the things that separate humans from one another. It is often pride and the inability to accept people for exactly who they are. We are here to love, not judge, or bring people down.

I think love and standing firm in love against anything that separates us from each other, can heal us in these troubled times of unrest.

There are many grey areas about the offer for me to perform that I’m unable to share right now, but I will not be singing. However, I genuinely wish your nation nothing but love.

I would also like to pay homage to a few of your great female artists: Nina Simone, Billie Holiday, and the brave and remarkable Eartha Kitt and her beautiful untold story.

I’ve a lot of love for the United States. It’s a constant source of inspiration to myself, if not the whole world. I genuinely wish you all well and hope I will still get to sing Strange Fruit for you one day.

This undoubtedly leaves Trump’s inauguration team scrambling to find a replacement for Ferguson just days before Trump is set to be sworn in. What do you think about this? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section.

Source: Conservativeworlddaily

1. phyllis charles

January 11, 2017 at 5:17 pm

YOU DONT NEED BIG NAMES . GET THE LITTLE PEOPLE THAT DONT HAVE A CAREER IN MUSIC BUISNESS . CHURCH GROOPS . A LOT OF THEM ARE BETTER THAN PROFESIONALS.

• Anna Wisehart

January 12, 2017 at 1:14 am

A great idea…I was thinking the same thing.

• Deb423

January 12, 2017 at 4:33 am

I totally agree. There are plenty of very talented people. Don’t be name droppers, go for the talented, respectful people!

• KRA

January 13, 2017 at 1:19 pm

She isn’t a big name anyway. I’ve never heard of her. There are plenty of people who are big names that would perform, I think. Such as Ted Nugent, Kid Rock, Hank Williams Jr, and other Rock and Country artists.

• Barb

January 13, 2017 at 6:35 pm

Exactly right! Big names are showing that they are not deserving of admiration! They have no idea what America is and what Americans are! Let’s not forget all of these people that refused to participate in the Inaugural. Why buy their videos, see their movies, attend their concerts? They don’t need us so why do we need them? We don’t! There many unknowns just as Phyllis said!

• Smokey

January 15, 2017 at 8:51 pm

Let all of the snowflakes opt out of the inauguration party don’t need that kind of people there if they don’t have any guts to stand up for them selves

2. Michael

January 11, 2017 at 5:19 pm

Must Hollywood singers sing at the inauguration?

3. Julie

January 11, 2017 at 5:26 pm

People need to grow up, he is our President, so get over it and move on!

4. Ray Kennedy

January 11, 2017 at 5:33 pm

It saddens me that the liberals are so one sided.this to me seams racist. So sad

5. M Pepper

January 11, 2017 at 5:34 pm

Your turn is coming Mr President. We in South Africa can’t believe how actors can wield so much power , who do they think they are . Stupid actors without the public they amount to nothing .

• jlish1234

January 13, 2017 at 6:09 am

love your comments

6. ben

January 11, 2017 at 5:37 pm

Hell find someoneso many people would kill for that opportunity

7. sandie

January 11, 2017 at 5:41 pm

Offer the chance to somebody who has not had the opportunity to make it big but who can really sing. Who does Ferguson think she is…..does she forget how she started??why would she think that it would ruin her if she sung and why must she sing that particular song.? It isn´t all about her …the day isn´t for her.Does she think that she is more important than the President of America ???

8. Joellen

January 11, 2017 at 5:43 pm

What a piece of trash more and more they show their agenda and it’s disgusting because it’s all lies.How do you let yourself sink that low you’d lie to push all those lies Karma is a biotch and most will soon find out.Praise the Lord

• Lis

January 12, 2017 at 3:49 pm

A piece of trash because she changedher mind?

9. Pulepuleitaua Matautia

January 11, 2017 at 5:49 pm

There are many American born singer like Marie Osmond or the military, a church choir from the south Pacific, why look for those foreigner n do more harm to President Donald Trump.

10. Nina Stiles

January 11, 2017 at 5:56 pm

I suggest asking for volunteers to perform and appointing a person or committee to take the calls and screen them. More people that are not top names might come forward if they knew they could volunteer and not wait to be invited.

11. Nancy M

January 11, 2017 at 5:57 pm

Im sure there are talented non celebritie types that would love to be a part of history. Go to you tube good talent.

Libs, celebrities will be the losers because us deplorables will not be supporting their careers any longer. I have crossed many off my list. Lets boycott the assholes see if they like it.

12. Pulepuleitaua Matautia

January 11, 2017 at 6:03 pm

What about the military, a church choir,Marie Osmond

13. Beverly Norberg

January 11, 2017 at 6:12 pm

It is an honor to be asked to perform at a presidential inauguration and to back out at last minute because “you can’t have your way!” – also shows a BAD work ethic. Meaning your word is not to be believed. The president should be the one choosing the songs anyway – common sense 101. (It’s my party — this is what I want sung!!”) How rude of this woman. YES, look to church choirs who are amazing. There is the Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir as another thought – and MANY solo singers in churches who are amazing, truly amazing. The Lord will prepare the right person to honor the president.
    Note: The song ferguson wanted to sing is a “downer” to begin with and her personal political agenda, and sounds like totally racially charged and inappropriate to ANY inauguration!! Bye Ferguson.

• Ann Allums

January 11, 2017 at 6:21 pm

Why would you choose to sing such a controversial song any way??

• D. Dawson

January 11, 2017 at 8:13 pm

You hit the nail on the head! If she is a supporter of Black Lives Matter, she for sure was a bad choice. The libtard entertainers should bite themselves and stay home and sulk, piss and moan.

• Eileen Smith

January 11, 2017 at 10:00 pm

I agree with Beverly and Phyllis on the songs that should be sung and by whao. We don’t need big stars and their higher than mighty attitudes.

• Linda

January 12, 2017 at 1:40 am

Agreed

• Sharon. Wells

January 12, 2017 at 7:57 am

Agreed! Plus the BLM movement is anti Trump anti white anti American so why would this EVER be appropriate at his inauguration? Sounds like another politically motivated way to dishonor Trump and America. Trump is not a racist but the left doesn’t want to give up the narrative!
      I say we don’t need her or her sick song!

• itsmebc3

January 12, 2017 at 12:42 pm

Amen..

• Kathy

January 12, 2017 at 5:34 pm

That song is very controversial. I think another song about bringing us together would be better. I’m not sure about this, I saw where Marie Osmond would sing if asked.

14. Doris Freeman

January 11, 2017 at 6:12 pm

AGAIN YOU DON’T NEED HYPOCRITES TO PERFORM. BETTER HAVE NONE THAN THAT. OR IS THIS JUST MORE OF THE MEDIA TRASH. I COULD CARE LESS ABOUT SINGERS. JUST WANT YOU SWARN IN SO YOU CAN MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN. THAT IS SMALL STUFF.

15. Patsy Pauley

January 11, 2017 at 6:19 pm

Don’t care if there is performers or not. Just get him sworn in as our President. That is all that matters. Won’t be soon enough for me.

16. Vickie Smith

January 11, 2017 at 6:21 pm

We do not have to have any enertainment. Just to see our new president sworn in is enough. I would come stand with president elect Donald Trump and so would thousands of average Americans. Just please take command we need you!!!

17. Phyllis

January 11, 2017 at 6:27 pm

She won’t be missed and had no backbone. Singers aren’t important anyway. Donald is who we want not some stupid singer who gets her feelings hurt so readily. Good for Donald’s team for changing the song.

18. .claudine

January 11, 2017 at 6:38 pm

I am with Pasty just get him sworn in and the next thing they will all be breaking down the door wanted to do something, So Play a tape or cd and let it go.

19. Virginiapeaden

January 11, 2017 at 6:41 pm

Q

ALL WE WANT IS TRUMP & HIS CABINET, EVERYBODY ELSE. STAY. HOME!!!!

20. A.Perreault

January 11, 2017 at 6:44 pm

Don’t get anyone from New York, that’s Hillary’s Camp! “A PROPHET IS NOT RECOGNIZED IN HIS OWN COUNTRY”…This quote is in the Bible.

21. Karen

January 11, 2017 at 6:45 pm

Marie Osmond said she would sing if asked

22. Betty Denton

January 11, 2017 at 7:01 pm

Donnie & Marie are willing to sing.

23. Sandra

January 11, 2017 at 7:22 pm

Yes, get the little people, give them a chance.

24. Elizabeth

January 11, 2017 at 7:24 pm

She needs to get over herself. Who needs her. There will be some one better,and right on time God will make it work.

25. moma2lulu

January 11, 2017 at 7:27 pm

Wow that is a horrible song choice on her part and the President does not need a single celebrity to perform. They are not the ones who elected him! When you think that you are too good to perform, you make yourself look discraceful and someone I have absolutely no reason to support, listen to [r respect what so ever.

26. Barbara

January 11, 2017 at 7:34 pm

NO ONE WANTS TO HEAR THESE CELEBRITIES SING ANYWAY. THERE ARE PLENTY OF LESSER KNOWN PEOPLE WHO COULD DO JUST AS GOOD A JOB. LOTS OF PEOPLE WOULD LOVE TO PERFORM FOR MR. TRUMP!b

27. Annette Maciejewski

January 11, 2017 at 7:37 pm

Why doesnt MR Trump- have Daniel Rodriguez the policeman who sang after 911 – perform. He was wonderful – or even any American – lots of fine singers out there – who needs losers who have an agenda

• Marion

January 11, 2017 at 8:24 pm

I AGREE WITH THE PREVIOUS COMMENTS. YOU, MR TRUMP, DON’T NEED SOME PROCRASTINATOR SINGING AT YOUR INAUGURATION !!! YOU WOULD BE DEMEANING YOURSELF AND US AMERICAN CITIZENS WHO WORKED AND PRAYED SO HARD TO GET YOU ELECTED. GOD GAVE YOU THE PRESIDENTIAL POSITION FOR A REASON, AND THAT WAS NOT TO COMPROMISE YOUR BELIEFS. I GIVE YOU CREDIT FOR NOT ACCEPTING SOMEONE WHO DOESN’T LIVE UP TO GOD’S STANDARDS IN HER CHOICE OF SONG. YOU NEED TO WORSHIP GOD IN ALL YOUR DECISIONS, AND NOT GIVE IN TO SOME RIFF RAFT WHO DOESN’T GLORIFY GOD WITH HER SONGS. I WOULD BE VERY DISAPPOINTED IN YOU IF YOU CHOSE OTHERWISE, AND I THINK A LOT OF YOUR VOTERS WOULD TOO. AS THEY HAVE STATED, WE DON’T NEED SOME FAMOUS SINGER TO PERFORM JUST FOR THE SAKE OF THEM BEING FAMOUS. AS IT WAS SAID, THERE ARE MANY GREAT SMALL TOWN SINGERS, INCLUDING MANY COUNTRY SINGERS THAT I KNOW, WHO HAVE GOD IN THEIR LIVES WHO WOULD BE HONORED TO SING PRAISES TO GOD AT YOUR INAUGURATION…IT WOULD BR DISAPPOINTING FOR YOU TO CHOOSE ANYTHING LESS. WE AREN’T INTERESTED IN SEEING, OR HEARING, A SINGER JUST BECAUSE THEY HAVE A BIG NAME FOLLOWING THEM. WE ARE ONLY INTERESTED IN SEEING YOU BECOME OUR PRESIDENT. THOSE OF US WHO VOTED FOR YOU ARE INTERESTED IN SEEING YOU, AND NOT SOME FAMOUS PERSON. I DON’T SEE IT AS A TRAGEDY THAT A SINGER HAS BACKED OUT….UNDER THE CIRCUMSTANCES, I SEE IT AS A BLESSING. YOU ARE GOD’S CHOSEN ELECT, AND HE EXPECTS YOU TO STAND STRONG FOR HIM, AND SHOW OTHERS WHAT FAITH IS, AND WHAT IT CAN DO FOR YOU.

• Nafrue mua

January 12, 2017 at 7:51 am

Thanks Marion America doesn’t need those bad loose singers America need god and god alone

28. Charlotte Bice

January 11, 2017 at 7:59 pm

What about Lee Greenwood!

29. Barb Barnett

January 11, 2017 at 8:07 pm

See if the News Boys will sing. They are a great Christian band. The song “Gods not Dead” would be great for this event.
    or “In the Eye of the Storm” by Ryan Stevenson

30. Barb Barnett

January 11, 2017 at 8:12 pm

Carrie Underwood – *** How Great Thou Art

31. Debra Wilson

January 11, 2017 at 8:20 pm

My son and husband or both worship leaders in church’s and they sing fantastic!

32. Nancy Hallmark

January 11, 2017 at 8:21 pm

Get David Phelps with the Gaither group. His rendition on God Bless America will make your hair stand on end. He is one of the greatest tenors ever.

33. Sandra

January 11, 2017 at 8:25 pm

Marie Osmond said she would love to sing at trumps inauguration! They sang at Reagan’s!!!!

34. Darlene Renzoni

January 11, 2017 at 8:25 pm

That song was not appropriate for the inauguration. There are plenty of singers, maybe bot famous, but I never heard of Ms. Ferguson, who would be honored to sing. I think Ms. Ferguson is trying to divide our country, and we need to come together in harmony.

35. Lillie

January 11, 2017 at 8:41 pm

Invite Carman!

36. Margaret Harter

January 11, 2017 at 8:45 pm

This has nothing to do with the election and all about self.i know the government can find some on the street who would sing at the inauguration. They would be grateful for the chance to show our President thanks from the American people

37. Claudia JOHNSON

January 11, 2017 at 8:45 pm

IM GLAD SHE DROPPED OUT! JUST ANOTHER RACE BAITING SONG! WECARE NOT WANTING TO BE ENTERTAINED! JUST GIT ER DONE! GET SWORN IN AND GO FOR IT! MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!

38. Čharllys Charles

January 11, 2017 at 8:51 pm

We don’t need racial songs. All that is needed now is love for all irrespective of your race. Besides, why go for all these big names in the music industry who have contributed greatly to the sexual immorality that is bedevilling the US today. Trump should go for humble souls especially the Church, and God will be highly glorified, and America and Trump will be blessed. Most of the stars in the entertainment industry are agents of the devil.

39. Ken

January 11, 2017 at 8:52 pm

Take your Strange Fruit and stick it where the sun doesn’t shine. Your fired!

40. Alice

January 11, 2017 at 9:03 pm

Please don’t get upset that these people aren’t willing to be apart of this celebration. Take it as a sign GOD doesn’t want THEM there. If it’s His will it will fall into place
    Praying for peace and protection for both families. GOD BLESS.

41. Sigrid Wharam

January 11, 2017 at 9:09 pm

Why do we have to have a big shindig. Go and round up some of the talent from the Voice and America got talent. I am sure some of those people would be tickled to death to perform. And they have fine talent.

42. Donna King

January 11, 2017 at 9:22 pm

Just get sworn in 1st and w music HIRE a bluegbluegrass band guarantee all those protesters will exit because they truly don’t understand real music let alone America! GOD BLESS ALL AND AMERICA PRAY FOR TRUMP

43. Sandy Penn

January 11, 2017 at 9:40 pm

What about some of the Bill Gaither groups or Mark Lowry, etc. There are SO many choices.

44. Marge Furman

January 11, 2017 at 9:43 pm

It’s not about fame & fortune, it’s about the heart of the person with being anointed to sing as unto the Yeshua.

45. Deborah

January 11, 2017 at 9:57 pm

Get a children’s choir to sing. It would be such a great memory for them. Church choirs are quite good as well. I bet Lawson Bates would do it.

46. Ruby Patterson

January 11, 2017 at 10:09 pm

Mr PRESIDENT!!! Please do not be discouraged by the “celebrities” refusing to perform!!! The are slitting their own throats! So many I was a fan of, but no more, and I believe most Americans feel the same way about these crybabies!!! If WE THE PEOPLE band together and do not attend their movies or buy whatever ‘entertainment’ they provide, they will quickly disappearinto obscurity. Then, and only then, will they realize that it is their FANS that provide their cushy lifestyle, not their so-called talent!!! The song that woman insisted on singing is so racially baited that I believe it was meant to degrade you and cause you more problems. God knows that after the last 8years you have enough problems to handle!!! God bless you, sir, and give you wisdom to MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!

47. Donna Holden

January 11, 2017 at 11:14 pm

Just get a all the Christian Groups. There are many both big name and just Church performers that will knock your socks off. God put you where you are today and he would be pleased and so will all us Christians that voted for you. Those that won’t perform in the secular world aren’t worth your time or money. God’s Blessings to you as President. We are and will be praying for you.

48. Marie. Priddy

January 11, 2017 at 11:15 pm

What about marie Osborne

49. Lola

January 11, 2017 at 11:20 pm

Not true Garth Brooks said he would be honored, Marie Osmond, Garth is very well known as is Marie. He doesn’t need rappers or hip hoppers. Even people not well known,, have beautiful voices. He is our president of firsts. Be the first to get unknown entertainers. It might just be the break they need.

50. Elaine

January 11, 2017 at 11:32 pm

I bet if you ask Garth Books and Treash Yearwood they would perform at the inauguralration. Also the group Alabama, Mac McAnally they are all good people.

51. Dwight Ellis

January 11, 2017 at 11:33 pm

She must think we want to hear her sing, she kept saying I about 12 times. I have news for her, this inauguration isn’t about her.She was asked to sing and when they chose another song and she didn’t like it because it probably wasn’t racist enough.How can we settle the case of racism if people won’t try. They still can’t accept Trump’s win over killery.And the Golden Globes proved it once again.

52. mcwsunshine

January 11, 2017 at 11:43 pm

she didn’t pull out…she was never in…she just made a blanket statement that if she decided to sing at the inauguration she would only do so if she could sing the most depressing and racially incendiary song she could have chosen. Her song is inappropriate for the occasion and so no one issued her the invitation….find some other party to poop in, Fergusen. When you are invited somewhere, you do not set the attire, the time of arrival, or the music…that is boorish and hopefully you will teach your daughter better manners than you were taught.

• itsmebc3

January 12, 2017 at 12:47 pm

Yes Amen

53. Charlene Boatner

January 11, 2017 at 11:52 pm

Ask Loretta Lynn she’s a big supporter of mr.Trump

54. Jenna Willbern

January 12, 2017 at 12:16 am

THE SONG SHE WANTED TO SING IS NOT AT AL APPROPRIATE….WE NEED PATRIOTIC SONGS AS DONE BY
    THE VOCAL MAJORITY…IN DALLAS, TEXAS. HOW ABOUT ASKING THEM TOPERFORM!!! THEY ARE WONDERFUL AND DO A LOVELY PROGRAM.

55. ROSALIE

January 12, 2017 at 12:23 am

all that’s needed is for someone to sing the ” National anthum”. This is done rutinely at foot ball games all over the Country. And done well!

56. Margaret betg

January 12, 2017 at 12:29 am

I agree with lee greenwood or Charlie Daniels. The other one I think would be cool is Gary Sinese’s band. He is such a patriot and gives so much to our vets and wounded warriors. Otherwise who cares..we just want Trump in the White House.

57. Lillie McGougan

January 12, 2017 at 12:37 am

She is not thinking about why she was asked to sing . She is not to use the time to bring up past history. This is a time to sing a joyful uplifting song for the President being inaugurated . Just like Meryl Strep , wrong place wrong song.

58. Wanda Smith

January 12, 2017 at 12:58 am

She’s not worth your time. This inauguration is so important to WE THE PEOPLE that voted you in!! We want to see YOU AND MIKE PENCE Be sworn in!! That’s the most important thing to me anyway!! God is guiding you BOTH, these people don’t matter, they’re the ones that are losing!

59. Carol

January 12, 2017 at 12:59 am

My grandson has a beautiful voice. I’m sure there are hundreds of talented people who would be proud to sing

60. Morah Nitza

January 12, 2017 at 1:11 am

President Trump, you need to have the United States Navy Band, They are called the Jersey Boys, who better than the USA Navy Band….they are great, here is a sample of what they do, great performance, they would put everyone that didn’t show to shame…Your going to love this, please give them a listen

61. Tamela Daniel

January 12, 2017 at 1:13 am

What about the band called Starbucks from the eighty’s. Bruce Blackman is on Facebook (the lead singer Of “Moonlight Feels Right” A wonderful hit song.

62. cassandra

January 12, 2017 at 1:15 am

That’s strange they are worried about their careers, when everyone who accepted the invitation to perform, have all gotten major popularity and sky rocketing sales, while others are losing revenue. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out that the cowards have list respect for the cowards. He will have a great inauguration. The losers, celine dion, the not to popular charlotte church, and whoever else. They are shameful and have lost many fans. I can’t stand cowards. So, I will never buy anything from these losers. They all forget, we made them rich and famous. Now, we don’t care.

63. Jonathan McKenney Sr

January 12, 2017 at 1:23 am

That would be a terrible song for the inauguration, especially this one. My son’s mother in law is a Ferguson, and she is dumb as a box of rocks. They must be related.

64. Linda

January 12, 2017 at 1:24 am

Very disrespectful I can’t believe all of you muck heads are acting like this some of the ones that have turned it down I will never listen to anymore of your recording you are spineless there are so many people out there that has beautiful voices one man in Texas sing on rebel station

65. Robert. Williams

January 12, 2017 at 1:46 am

MR PRESIDENT I would’ve done it but I stopped singing after my third Heart attack
    Have you tried Michael buble

66. Between the ditches

January 12, 2017 at 1:54 am

What a big news story for those opposed to Trump. Those losers need a life.

67. Linda

January 12, 2017 at 2:35 am

Marie Osmond said she was willing. Also, I have no clue where she stands politically, but one of the contestants on the voice, Lauren Diaz has a beautiful voice. I once worked at a school she attended. I think she is doing some voice training seminars in Vegas.

68. Marlene oox

January 12, 2017 at 3:19 am

Hawk Williams Jr
    Charlie Daniels
    Kid Rock
    Lee Greenwood
    Lots of pp would love to be there

69. Mary Greene

January 12, 2017 at 3:26 am

How about Carrie Underwood she has supported President-elect and has a beautiful voice and would sing whatever he wished.

• Connie

January 12, 2017 at 6:52 am

Yes she is Beautiful and so is her voice.

• June Duffy

January 12, 2017 at 7:32 pm

How about Marie Osmond or Lee Greenwood? Varrie Underwood would be wonderful.

70. Ruth Swilley

January 12, 2017 at 4:10 am

He could get some good gospel singers and have a very real Christian inauguration.

71. Sue Gonzalez

January 12, 2017 at 4:28 am

“Pride and ego is what we need to conquer in this world.” Such delicious irony that flies completely over Ms Ferguson’s head. What she really means is that Mr. Trump should conquer his pride and ego, but she doesn’t have to. Because of course she is not caught up in her own ego. No. She is part of the deified left.

72. Shirley Gardner

January 12, 2017 at 7:18 am

I am so tired of these singers and movie stars. I didn’t even watch the golden Globes cause I knew they would make it all about politics and I sick of the lecturing me I thought these people made money from us going to see their movies or buying their concert tickets I am so done with the

73. Fiesty

January 12, 2017 at 7:46 am

Obviously a planned snub! Forget her!

74. Bonita

January 12, 2017 at 11:26 am

The Bill Gaithers Vocal Band (gospel) from Indiana

75. Bonita

January 12, 2017 at 11:30 am

Michale W. Smith (gospel) he played once for the Christmas program at the White House during bushes administration beautiful singer and piano player . He would be a wonderful excellent choice .

76. rebecca petersen

January 12, 2017 at 12:01 pm

Wish I could sing. Let the crowd sing How Great tho Are and Amazing Grace. that would be amazing to hear. Let the people sing to you Mr President. God speed.

77. itsmebc3

January 12, 2017 at 12:57 pm

Who needs Rebecca Ferguson and her racist agenda..the Inauguration is not about her or hollywood or her song choice. Slavery was years ago and is no more. They need to stop living on the past and be thankful of the future. What she wanted to sing I think is totally inappropriate…I have confidence the Trump team will find the right appropriate people to sing . This story is just another stab at liberal propaganda to make Mr Trump look bad..

78. Marie

January 12, 2017 at 5:38 pm

I said awhile back, ask Toby Keith, he is so patriotic and has entertained numerous times to our troops. Also, Trace Adkins.

79. Barbara Schnase

January 12, 2017 at 6:57 pm

Get over yourself young lady.. it’s not about you!!!

80. June Duffy

January 12, 2017 at 7:28 pm

How about Marie Osmond or Lee Greenwood?

81. Debra Gilbert

January 12, 2017 at 8:05 pm

Marie Osmond, the All American, has volunteered. She would do an amazing job and be proud to sing for President-elect!!

82. Virginia Reyes

January 12, 2017 at 11:55 pm

It’s not about them, it is about America’s Day. We just need to boycott all those self-important, tootin’ their own horn, Hollywood supposedly awesome singers, actors,screen people, “NOT”. For they only have the money they have from people buying their movies,music. I personally don’t buy none of their stuff. I only support those that lift the name of Jesus.

83. Aramae Lamberth

January 13, 2017 at 1:32 am

Try some real people like Alan Jackson , Carrie Underwood , Rory Feek , and many others . Lee ? Who sings I’m PROUD too be an American Marie Osmond who says she will if invited ! You’re looking in the wrong places ! Consult Bill and Gloria Gaither. They could help you gather the VERY BEST and you would be proud ! P.S. Its ” Lee Greenwood ” who sings Proud To Be An American ! They are all Wonderful !!!

84. Maj Brenda Johnson (r)

January 13, 2017 at 1:53 am

Gary Sinise would be great! Just another bump in the road.president Trump! Everything needs a shake up might as well pare down the inauguration they’ve been out of hand at least the last 8 years or more. Get the Military choral to sing.

85. Linda McKinney

January 13, 2017 at 3:53 am

I see where Marie Osmond offered to sing at thei Inauguration.

86. Jeann

January 13, 2017 at 5:03 am

God blessed The USA , when you were chosen. God knew we needed some help down here. He inspired Donald J Trump to run for POTUS. Then, we the people did the rest. Thank You God for Jesus, who is our Saviour . He’s expecting great things from President Trump,. Please keep a constant, impenetrable circle around Trump and Pence. Amen.

• Rose M. Miller

January 13, 2017 at 8:54 am

What about Marie Osmond? I know…how about David Phelps – he has the most awesome voice and when he hits the high notes, it just sends shivers up your spine! You would not be disappointed with his singing!!! He is truly blessed!

87. Kelli

January 15, 2017 at 2:34 pm

Rebecca Ferguson says- “Pride and ego is what we need to conquer in this world” …RIGHT, I so totally agree …So why didn’t you, or why don’t you, just shut-up and sing!? Hypocrite, pot, kettle & all that …wow.