[VIDEO] Teens Break Into House And Get Shot, Parents Protest Homeowner Didn’t Give Them A Chance

Three Oklahoma teenagers broke into a home in Wagoner County, however, they did not make it too far before the homeowner’s 23-year-old son began shooting with an AR15.

The teenagers broke through a glass door and “They were dressed in black, all had masks on, and all had gloves on. There was a short exchange of words and then gunfire happened,” described Deputy Nick Mahoney.

19-year-old Maxwell Cook, 16-year-old Jacob Woodruff, and Jacob Redfearn were the burglars who entered the house, but there was a “mastermind” behind this scheme. 21-year-old Elizabeth Rodriguez was the supposed getaway driver and the one who planned everything, she has also been arrested.

Two of the teenagers died in the Wagoner County home, and one tried to escape, but he eventually subsided in the driveway.

Jacob Redfearn’s grandfather, Leroy Schumacher, stated, “What these three boys did was stupid,” he said sadly. “They knew they could be punished for it but they did not deserve to die.”

“Brass knuckles against an AR-15, come on, who was afraid for their life. There’s got to be a limit to that law, I mean he shot all three of them; there was no need for that,” Schumacher pleaded.

He continued, “These boys’ families are going to suffer with this the rest of their lives, we have to live with this the rest of our lives. You can’t change history, but you can damn sure learn from it, and maybe some kids will learn from this.”

Do you think this was fair justice ?

Continue Reading

1. Joe LeBlanc

September 12, 2017 at 8:27 am

Oh well such is such; do the crime do the time and in this case their time will be spent in hell . Larry boy do not bring brass knuckles to a gun fight!! lol.

2. Richard P Wheeler Sr

September 12, 2017 at 8:28 am

if you break into an occupied home the homeowner has the right to use deadly force to protect himself….remember it was 3 to one…the one had an ar15…he wins they lose!

3. Daryel miller

September 12, 2017 at 8:30 am

Good shooting now lets go after Antifa if it is wearing a mask shoot it

4. DES

September 12, 2017 at 8:32 am

Brass knuckles on burglars? What would have happened to the homeowner if he fought back without his gun? These guys — 3 of them — were dressed like burglars, with masks. I’d be defending my home.

5. Caroline

September 12, 2017 at 8:47 am

I believe those 3 boys deserved to die. How did the shooter know that the 3 had brass knuckles, and that’s not even the point. Kids seem to think they are invisible nowadays, they can do anything they want not thinking of the consequences. But maybe they better start thinking of the consequences!! They broke into private property, — I would have done the same thing if I saw 3 freaks with masks on coming into my house. I sure hope many do learn from this == I do feel for the families of the 3 boys, but something is wrong with this picture, why are kids doing this to begin with? What are they being taught at home? My lord, this world is going crazy!! One is scared to go outside or walk alone, — I bet if those 3 would have survived and gone to court, what would they have gotten, besides a slap on the wrist, whereas who knows what the family in the house would have had to go thru – nite mares of people coming into their homes. Maybe one of the 3 or all would have beat up the owners trying to steal, or whatever their reason was for breaking in. And the expense of damage to the homeowners property. To much of this s–t going on!! It needs to stop!! Penalty’s need to be strickter so the perps think twice before doing crime!! As the saying goes — U do the crime, U pay the time.

6. Cesar EVANGELSTA

September 12, 2017 at 9:10 am

Should have killed all of them that wears mask

• Ffff

September 13, 2017 at 3:17 pm

Ya. Open season

7. John Rutherford

September 12, 2017 at 10:46 am

I approve. If you break into someone’s home, they have the right to shoot you. Relatives always whine, but if these were really “good kids” then they wouldn’t have broken in. Sour grapes.

• Ken

September 14, 2017 at 8:34 pm

Agreed. Some bad parenting going on.

• Lisa Huckfeldt

September 16, 2017 at 5:56 pm

Well said!

8. jwood1952

September 12, 2017 at 11:09 am

Good job young man….

9. RPR

September 12, 2017 at 12:05 pm

Brass knuckles against an AR15??? Who is this guy kidding? Lets see how he would like his face broken and his teeth smashed by some chicken chit felon! Good shooting!!

10. Gail Jackson

September 12, 2017 at 12:32 pm

I’m sure this is hard on the boy who shot them too. BUT he didn’t know the only weapon they had were brass knuckles, come on grandpa, if you had raised him better, he’d still be alive.

11. Stephen Wright

September 12, 2017 at 12:43 pm

When you break into a home that’s no different than a bank or store, the police won’t think about it and neither will the home owner with a gun. If they would have broke into my home they would have got the same. The parents should have taken the time to teach them right from wrong.

12. Diane M Knoedler

September 12, 2017 at 12:52 pm

Good job!!!!

13. canus lupous

September 12, 2017 at 1:38 pm

These same parents would have told us that if the home occupants were not armed, and if the criminals killed them in the course of their terrorization, they should not even go to prison because they are good boys and it was just a bad mistake but they won’t do it anymore, so don’t punish them. They would have no sympathy for the home occupants deaths. The fact that they were so well organized and kept a wetback get away driver for speedy egress should only be interpreted as a hasty mistake and only coincidental that they went to the lengths they did.

Their parents are probably aware if these thieves are mixed up in drugs, but declined to share that info. The desperation of this crime shows it was highly likely to go bad for the home occupants by these desperate home breakers. If they had got away with it, they surely would do it again, even if it meant killing more victims. This wave of incredibly cruel crimes being done by young people has to be brought to a halt. If the parents of them refuse to do their job raising them the right way, it is entirely fair and even unavoidable for the intended victims to use lethal force to stop the criminals and to protect their families. No one from this intended home incident got up late at night and broke into the homes of the criminals and robbed them, terrorized them, quite possibly killed them. If they had, you would see those same parents get law suits lottery filings go as fast as possible to try and cash in.

• D. James

September 13, 2017 at 9:29 am

Well said!!

14. lee

September 12, 2017 at 1:52 pm

well shot less shote on the loose well done

15. Hope

September 12, 2017 at 2:04 pm

I would have done the same thing they had no damn business being in that home. They were prepared they had a getaway driver they just didn’t figure on somebody fighting back well guess what people are fed up with thugs getting away with crap and they are protecting themselves if parents won’t control their kids and be parents and teach them you don’t do this crap to other people then people will protect themselves plain and simple.

16. Toni

September 12, 2017 at 2:18 pm

Gramps it don’t matter if he was fearful for his life. You have 3 against 1. They got what was coming to them.

• Inngus

September 14, 2017 at 8:12 am

Exactly. In WI we have the Castle Doctrine.

17. Bob Coughlin

September 12, 2017 at 2:23 pm

Good shooting, be a little better prepared net time, have more than 1 mag handy. I’d of done the same thing, give him a medal.

18. C Medlin

September 12, 2017 at 2:47 pm

Since when do “good little boys” wear masks and dress in black and break into homes? We have a scam going where girls show at dusk and insist they must come in and talk to you. After you open your door to them, men bust in and rob and whatever they want to do. We didn’t open the door, and had they busted in, that would been shot. We had a neighbor a few doors down from us who opened the wood door and kept the storm door locked, and the girls insisted they must come in. She told them no and shut the door. A neighbor saw a car with low lights on just beyond the house. I would hate to shoot anyone dead, but I would hate even more to bury my family members.

19. John

September 12, 2017 at 2:48 pm

What exactly was the homeowner suppose to do?? If this were me I would say the outcome would probably be the same. I don’t fire warning shots because you may not have time to fire off the one that may save your life. Grampa’s right, lifes full of choices and there is a result for each and every one we make everyday. He’s also right that this is a tragedy, one that I can’t help wonder if it couldn’t have been avoided.

20. Teri

September 12, 2017 at 2:51 pm

These kids mad a decision to enter a home that was not theirs. They knew they were wrong. If anyone enters my home, without me inviting them in, I will shoot to kill. The very fact that they are there proves I have reason to fear for my life. I don’t care if it is one person, or 50. I will be in fear, and I will shoot. TO KILL.

21. Jack Wood

September 12, 2017 at 2:53 pm

I think the parents should be ashamed for not obviously doing their jobs as parents if you raise them right they wouldn’t be dead. So to the parents I say this you want someone to blame start looking in the mirror.

22. william e stephenson

September 12, 2017 at 3:05 pm

Maybee the thing everyone should take from this is THIS.NEVER SHOW UP TO A GUN FIGHT WEARING A SET OF BRASS KNUCKLES.Come on grand paw,get real they got what they deserved.

23. Raymond Cooper

September 12, 2017 at 3:51 pm

If you break into a home wearing black clothes and masks, you are asking for trouble and i believe i would have done the same thing. If it changes one person from doing the same thing, that’s a good thing.

24. Kat

September 12, 2017 at 4:28 pm

Grampa… News flash for you…..they had no business breaking into a home.
    As soon as they entered masked, armed with brass knuckles, their intention wasn’t stopping in for tea. The homeowners had every right to protect themselves. And unless they were mind readers, they did it in self defense..Face the fact, your grandson was a punk as were the other two.

25. Irene Grooms

September 12, 2017 at 5:49 pm

THEY KNEW BETTER TO TRY AND ROB THIS HOME. THEY WERE LITTLE THIEVES. THEY GOT JUST WHAT THEY DESERVED.

26. Bob

September 12, 2017 at 7:38 pm

Saved the tax payers a lot of money! Good job young man just feel for you to have to carry that around with you. Just remember it was either them or you!

27. GAIL A

September 12, 2017 at 8:01 pm

Good job, I would have done the same. Don’t want shot – don’t break in.

28. Liann Ramirez

September 12, 2017 at 9:08 pm

Number one that evil witch probably talked those boys into it because she looks like the evil one & should get life in prison because she WAS the cause of promoting these three young boys death. Number 2 they broke a window AND should have known damn well better that if you break a window you’re Costing a person money and you were there to either ROB RAPE or KILL! There was No Good that was going to come out of it. If they don’t understand that they can get shot and they are that stupid they deserve to die. Wrong choices in life cost us our lives. Grow up and suck it up buttercup. I feel for the families but it is their own fault these children that were NOT taught RIGHT FROM WRONG or raised properly! Grandpa I feel for you but the evil one is that fat thing smiling covering her face from the camera. She looked Hispanic and these boys were white makes you wonder why she did it..Look into it & Was it a setup?? BET IT WAS!!..SLAM.HER ALONG TIME & THROW AWAY TH KEY!!
    This Grandpa acts like they’re little kids outside playing baseball and broke a window…THEY FUDGED UP GRAMPS….SUCK IT UP

29. Bea Verstandig

September 12, 2017 at 9:27 pm

Typical blame everyone but your out of control kid.Boy was protecting his family and home. Lesson learned

30. Ken

September 12, 2017 at 10:24 pm

Those kids got exactly what they deserved. One thing selfish gramps doesn’t consider is I’ll bet the shooter will feel horrible about this the rest of his life. Gramps and his family, what’s left anyway, will go on breaking into houses because gramps teaches his kids a fucked up set of values, judging by his response to this incident.

31. diane

September 12, 2017 at 10:27 pm

Everyone has a right to protect their home and family…the fact that the family says they weren’t given a chance…is really sad and part of the problem with todays youth. Taking responsibility for your actions is important. They got what they deserved…sad but true. They broke through a glass door for petes sake. Parents you should have taught them better!!!

32. Maria

September 13, 2017 at 12:25 am

EXACTLY what is wrong with our society! The parents yell NOT FAIR!! Where were the parent? WHY did they not know this was wrong??? Oh I’m sure they did – but Mommy & Daddy would defend them!

33. Dee

September 13, 2017 at 1:22 am

Brass knuckles against an AR come on..yeah! Come on grandpa..You were apparently an enabler in their short lives!! If you believe their breaking into some ones home merited a cup of hot cocoa and a talking to. .then you air are part of the problem. ..

34. llinda switzer

September 13, 2017 at 1:51 am

What do you think would have happened to the people inside this house if they had not used a gun or had tried to defend themselves against these brass knuckles? The names of the dead would change.

35. Patrick

September 13, 2017 at 4:12 am

You lazy ass parents want this guy to raise your children? It’s your fault. You did this. No one else.If you had done your job correctly this would not have happened.He can sleep at night knowing he protected his family and can go to sleep at night knowing you didn’t. Put the blame where it belongs.

36. Bro.Mitch Bowers Sr

September 13, 2017 at 9:36 am

They put THEMSELVES in harms way
    they did this to themselves
    stop trying to blame the young man who shot them
    I would have done the same thing only I do not own an assault rifle
    Here you get shot with 44 mag hollow points
    Deadly force is correct in this case

37. Vicki McGee

September 13, 2017 at 11:19 am

There’s no way he could have known they were kids if they were wearing masks! He did what he had to do to protect his property, family and self!

38. Louise Sansone

September 13, 2017 at 12:22 pm

Let me tell you, if anyone broke into my home I would not wait to see if they were armed with a knife, gun or whatever, I would shoot them as soon as they stepped one foot in the door. We all have the right to protect ourselves, our families & our homes.
    I live in a rural area where pretty much everyone hunts therefore everyone has guns, result, in all the years I have lived here, not one home invasion! By the way, I have lived here for 20yrs.

39. Nancy

September 13, 2017 at 3:11 pm

If they entered my house in the same manner they would have met my German Shepherd and my firearm and the circumstances would have been the same. Sorry someone would of had to die, but the punishment fits the crime. Got what they deserved.

40. TCHall

September 13, 2017 at 3:32 pm

Disparity of force… Brass kuncks against a head results in the intruders being armed with an AR15…

Anyone think those kids weren’t prepared to injure or kill in the comission of their crime… those knucks show intent

41. LibertyLoonie

September 13, 2017 at 5:33 pm

“Brass knuckles against an AR-15, come on, who was afraid for their life.
    uh…three vs one…

42. Jason

September 13, 2017 at 6:34 pm

These self defense killings should save lives, that is if future dummies take heed and understand their are dire consequences to actions such as these.

43. Claudia

September 13, 2017 at 7:24 pm

Come to My House I will shoot you too. If these people would watch their children and teach them right from wrong they might be alive today. Blame yourself parents it is your fault you raised them.

44. Claudia

September 13, 2017 at 7:29 pm

Hell yes! it was fair 3 against one

45. Mark

September 13, 2017 at 7:58 pm

I think they were given EVERY chance in the world. They had EVERY chance to not be STUPID, EVERY chance to not break into someone else’s home.Every chance not to try and pretend they were some wanna be ‘thugs’.Every chance to still be breathing today.So they “only” had brass knuckles.That was still 3 to 1 and let me say if you break into my home your odds will be no better than these worthless kids were, even IF your also armed. So say goodbye to 3 worthless future prison cell occupiers and the taxpayer money to take care of them. Here comes the next contestant …

46. Mona

September 13, 2017 at 8:36 pm

I belive anytime enters your home uninvited with the intention of robbery and maybe enven killing you we as citizens have the right to protect our families and our stuff is taking a chance so is it worth the risk? Go to the memorial services of the homeowners.

47. Jim

September 13, 2017 at 9:48 pm

Boo hoo hoo. These thugs will never do this again. To me, its a win win.

48. Kimberley

September 13, 2017 at 11:02 pm

Given a chance?!? Given a chance for what???? They came dressed for it, brass knuckles for a robbery, a getaway driver out front and 3 to 1. They made a choice, a bad one. Should’ve raised them better. I’m for the homeowner!

49. Ap2021

September 14, 2017 at 1:27 am

Lesson : Don’t bring brass knuckles to a gun fight

50. CassattBiker

September 14, 2017 at 2:08 am

Yep ..Nail Them Come on People Break in My House and see what Happens..Enough is Enough

51. kSwiger

September 14, 2017 at 3:32 am

Brass Nuckles are just as deadly as a bullet and illegal in many States. They played the game and lost, it is sad but when you intend to take form others you have to except it may be you that pays.

52. jimbo

September 14, 2017 at 12:49 pm

Clear contenders for this year’s Darwin Awards. The gene pool has been adjusted.

53. Bouncer

September 14, 2017 at 12:52 pm

I suppose they think the homeowner should have had cocoa and cookies out for these thugs!!

54. Fred

September 14, 2017 at 1:21 pm

How else will people learn to not try and steal from others, criminal acts have consequences that are not always pleasent especially to their families but they got what they deserved.

55. Jan

September 14, 2017 at 3:49 pm

No tears here, they should not have done it.

56. bk

September 14, 2017 at 5:06 pm

So, “ one tried to escape, but he eventually subsided in the driveway.”
    “subsided” ?????

Well, I suppose you could use that word —- UNLESS you are a professional journalist w

subside
    [suh b-sahyd]
    Spell Syllables
    • Synonyms
    • Examples
    • Word Origin
    See more synonyms on Thesaurus.com
    verb (used without object), subsided, subsiding.
    to sink to a low or lower level.
    to become quiet, less active, or less violent; abate:
    The laughter subsided.
    to sink or fall to the bottom; settle; precipitate:
    to cause coffee grounds to subside.

57. James Toomey

September 14, 2017 at 6:00 pm

Are you kidding me? So Grandpa thinks brass knuckles are not deadly? Maybe someone should punch him a few times with a pair – and see if he survives.

58. Lynn T. Vandever

September 14, 2017 at 8:17 pm

The 21 year old had 4 chances, 1 for each boy before they left home and her own decision to be with them. Each for when they left home…”What am I doing tonight?” And then when they all met and decided what they were going to go do. Then as they rode around figuring out what house to hit. Then they had a mask each, that was another decision made to go ahead with what they knew was wrong, hence the masks. Plenty of time to decide not to rob someone. If anyone is to be blamed it should be the parents of these kids, you are sorely lacking in the parenting department.

59. Geno

September 14, 2017 at 10:59 pm

It was thier choice no one forced them, if thier parents had taught them right from wrong, they would be alive today, do not blame the shooter he protected himself and his family and property, they made a bad choce and paid the price it was thier fault and no one elses, if they got away with that one what would stop them from doing it again, who knows maybe they already did it before, thier parents can not blame anyone but themselves.If it was my kids I would be ashamed that I had not done a better job of teaching them!!

60. Craig

September 14, 2017 at 11:52 pm

What would have happened to the homeowner’s son if he wasn’t armed? Would they have beaten him? Maybe killed him? You break in you are taking a big chance. You got shot. Too damn bad.

61. 50sgranny

September 15, 2017 at 2:36 pm

Their so called “rights” ended when they broke thru the door and entered his home. I have loaded guns around my home for just that reason. Righteous shooting…where was their families concern when they were developing the mindset that if they want something someone else has, they have the right to take it? Good for the homeowner.

62. Crazy Horse

September 16, 2017 at 6:08 pm

I’m glad those punks are dead. You break into a person’s home? All bets are off. You’re dead.

63. Laura

September 18, 2017 at 2:05 pm

I don’t understand anyone sticking up for these boys, if you brake into someones home then you get what’s coming to you. People need to teach their kids respect for others. If it doesn’t belong to you then you can’t just take it without punishment. It’s sad they had to die but that’s what happens when you do stupid things.

64. sandra

September 18, 2017 at 5:17 pm

teach your children to RESPECT others and you wouldnt have to worry about them being shot