You’re Not Going To Like Which Obama Staffer Wants To Run In 2020

Former Attorney General Eric Holder is moving away from a behind-the-scenes role and is considering running for president in 2020, according to a Tuesday report from Yahoo News.

“Up to now, I have been more behind-the-scenes. But that’s about to change. I have a certain status as the former attorney general. A certain familiarity as the first African-American attorney general,” Holder told Yahoo News. “There’s a justified perception that I’m close to President Obama. So I want to use whatever skills I have, whatever notoriety I have, to be effective in opposing things that are, at the end of the day, just bad for the country.”

The former attorney general has been working against Trump administration initiatives ranging from crackdowns on illegal immigration to increased prosecutions of drug dealers.

Holder further explained that Hillary Clinton’s loss inspired him to step into the spotlight.

“I thought, frankly, along with everybody else, that after the election, with Hillary Clinton as president, I could walk off the field,” the former attorney general elaborated. “So when she didn’t win, I thought, ‘We’ll have to see how this plays out.’ But it became clear relatively soon — and certainly sooner than I expected — that I had to get back on the field and be in effective opposition.”

Holder spoke Monday in the lobby of the Ronald Reagan State Building in Los Angeles in favor of a California Senate bill that would prohibit local and state police from assisting in federal immigration enforcement.

He said that the “federal government does not have the ability to force states to do things that are inherently federal in nature.” A Republican-backed bill in the House of Representatives with White House support would allow state and local jurisdictions to create their own immigration law consistent with federal statutes.

The former attorney general who is from Washington is seeking to use California as a launching pad for his political ambitions. he said, “California is in so many ways a trendsetter, whether it is in pop culture or in politics.”

1. Gene Ormond

June 20, 2017 at 7:57 pm

Can’t happen if he is in jail

2. James

June 20, 2017 at 8:04 pm

He did a miserable job as Obama’s Attorney General to the point where the Justice Department was
    Thought of as the “Just-Us” Department!

3. Sue May

June 20, 2017 at 8:15 pm

Holder, you are a total idiot!!!

4. Cynthia Hill

June 20, 2017 at 9:44 pm

So funny. Get rid of one and bring in his double, no thank you. Democrats you better come up with someone better

5. Anne

June 20, 2017 at 9:45 pm

I think he could be a stronger candidate than Hillary. Don’ t be surprised if/when she runs again. Bernie. (His own party screwed him in 2016), Sanders and Elizabeth (Big mouth) Warren will also probably be prominent in 2020 too.

6. James

June 20, 2017 at 10:15 pm

He is WORST candidate! I have no worries. What ever slimeball comes up against Trump WILL LOSE!

7. Beverly

June 21, 2017 at 1:21 am

No way

8. Mummy

June 21, 2017 at 1:30 am

Democrats way over there head they never win. They will never win. Trump will fix the country by then what’s more left to do for democrat is to corrupt the government again. We as republican should never trust any of their candidate whoever you are….???? Lots of shame how they all and mostly corrupted this country. We are so sick and tired of all there biased, untrustworthy, inefficient ,non productive job they have done in so many chances…Obama was never a man of his words. Check his state of origin….Chicago is in disgrace to be living in there neighborhood. Lots of anger people, killings out of control now the state are going to be bankrupt state. Soo very sad! We the people has the right to vote and most of us are not idiots… Any longer