You've Heard Liberals Compare Trump to Hitler. So We Asked a Woman Who Was Born in Nazi Germany...

A popular talking point on the left is that Donald Trump has things in common with Hitler.

But is this the case? Independent Journal Review decided to speak to a woman born in Nazi Germany about the comparison.

We talked with Marion Ingeborg Andrews, who goes by Inga. She was born in Dusseldorf, Germany, in 1940 during Hitler’s reign.

While most kids were playing with friends, Andrews was hiding in air raid shelters and helping to clean up the rubble from destroyed buildings to rebuild her city.

Andrews said:

“What is going on in this country is giving me chills. Trump is not like Hitler. Just because a leader wants order doesn’t mean they’re like a dictator.

What reminds me more of Hitler than anything else isn’t Trump, it’s the destruction of freedom of speech on the college campuses — the agendas fueled by the professors.

That’s how Hitler started, he pulled in the youth to miseducate them, to brainwash them, it’s happening today.”

Andrews drove home her point further for the younger generation:

“It saddens me that we are teaching garbage in the schools and in the college. We don’t teach history anymore. History repeats itself over and over.

The kids out there today haven’t ever lived through a war like I did. I remember sitting in a rock pile, cleaning rocks, to rebuild Germany. I remember eating maple leaves and grass to survive.”

She later made it to the U.S. when her mother married an American, but her journey wasn’t without hurdles.

“It took six years because she had worked in Germany. It took six years to clear her to be able to be married. Then when you married an American, because we were the enemy, you had to wait.

We had to go from Heidelberg to Bremerhaven where another camp was. This camp was run by the U.S. military. They vetted us in both places. There were all these German brides with their children and families who had to be vetted again for three of four days before they could get on the ship.

The ship we took was the U.S.S. Washington. We arrived in New York in March of 1953. My mother, Meta Weinbach, and I still had the last name Muller.

So we had a vetting process like what we are going through now because you have to have this to make the country safe.”

Then Andrews had some choice words for the protesters in the streets destroying property:

“America needs to grow up. The young people who are rioting and destroying property, who have no respect for elders and freedom of speech, I was so proud to become a citizen of this country.”

She opened up about how she accepted American culture and values:

Andrews continued on about her desire to become an American:

“At school, they put me in first grade even though I was a teenager because I didn’t speak English. The teachers would take time at their lunch time to teach us how to speak English.

But they came to find out that I was hiding in the bathroom stall with my legs up eating my braunschweiger and onion sandwich, so nobody would talk to me.

Still, I had a burning desire to be an American. I went to night school to learn English. I would practice English without a German accent. I didn’t want to be German. I wanted to be an American.

When I was fourteen, I was working in a drug store reading comic books. Through reading comic books, I developed my English skills.

We would go to the malls and we wouldn’t speak our foreign language, we would speak English. Because we believed we needed to honor the country that opened its doors for us. It was rude to do otherwise.”

Andrews returned to the present day with a message for those attacking freedom of speech:

“Professors shouldn’t be telling their students to go after freedom of speech. They should be telling them that this is the greatest country in the world.

The demonstrators can’t tell you why they’re demonstrating. I’m not a Republican. I’m not a Democrat. I just want the country to be at peace.

I see what is happening here reflecting some of the things we saw in Germany, and it’s terrifying. It’s sad. But it’s not because of Trump. It’s because of poor education.

Trump is not like Hitler. The theory that he is is propaganda. Yes, I lived through some of Nazi Germany, but all you have to do is read some books about that period to see how wrong that theory is.”

She finished by sharing a personal story.

“I had an aunt who was in the Olympics. My aunt got all this extra stuff from Hitler and was surrounded by this propaganda,” she said, before explaining how she couldn’t keep a relationship with her aunt. “I couldn’t have anything to do with her. Even after the war, she was calling the Jewish people, of whom I was friends with, ‘dirty Jews.’”

“My point in saying all this is that if people aren’t able to see outside of one world view, that’s what happens,” Andrews concluded. “They buy the propaganda. And that’s what is happening today. And if people aren’t educated properly and given the ability to think freely — we will repeat that history.”

Due to numerous inquiries into the authenticity of Inga’s story, she’s provided Independent Journal Review with several pieces of proof to back up her claims.

Her mother, Meta Weinbach’s passport:

Evidence of their time in Heidelberg:

Inga with her father Heinz Muller during World War II:

Upon sending these pieces of proof to back up her story, Andrews told us, “It’s exactly what I’ve been saying. Some people want to see through one world view, so they couldn’t even believe the story I lived.”

1. Pingback: You’ve Heard Liberals Compare Trump to Hitler. So We Asked a Woman Who Was Born in Nazi Germany… – The Conservative Truth

2. JANET ST DENNIS

August 20, 2017 at 8:11 am

THE FAR LEFT ARE ABSOLUTELY RABID IN THEIR ATTEMPT TO TWIST THE IMAGE OF DONALD TRUMP TO MAKE HIM SEEM LIKE A NAZI. NOTHING IS FURTHER FROM THE TRUTH. THE MAN HAS BEEN SENT BY GOD TO RESCUE THE AMERICAN PEOPLE AND WITH GOD’S HEAVENLY HOST WILL DESTROY THE FACIST LEFT WHO REALLY ARE THE NAZI’S OF THIS GENERATION. EVERYTHING THEY BLAME DONALD AND HIS ADMINISTRATION FOR, THEY ARE ACTUALLY THE ONES THAT ARE GUILTY OF. THEY HAVE BEEN FUNDED BY GEORGE SOROS WHO WAS A NAZI SYMPATHIZER IN WW2 EVEN THOUGH HE’S JEWISH, HE WAS A COLLABORATOR AGAINST OWN PEOPLE. THESE FACIST’S ARE TAKING THEIR PLANS AND BEHAVIOR OUT OF THE NAZI HANDBOOK AND THE RACIST, VIOLENT PROTESTORS THAT ARE RIOTING AND ATTACKING ANY AND EVERY ONE ARE AS I’VE SAID, FUNDED BY SOROS AND FASHIONED AFTER THE NAZI BROWNSHIRTS THAT WERE RIOTING AND KILLING JEWS, JUST PRIOR TO HILTER PROCLAIMING HIMSELF DICTATOR OF GERMANY. THESE FOOLS HAD BETTER WISE UP OR THEY ARE GOING TO FIND THEMSELVES ON THE TRASH HEAP OF HISTORY BECAUSE THEY ARE BEING USED AS A TOOL TO DESTROY THIS COUNTRY AND I FOR ONE WOULD HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO SYMPATHY FOR THEM.

4. Pingback: You’ve Heard Liberals Compare Trump to Hitler. So We Asked a Woman Who Was Born in Nazi Germany… – Conservative Politics

5. Fred

August 20, 2017 at 1:11 pm

This Lady is dead on target. The school system and colleges and Universities have been going downhill since the 1960’s
    and we are now seeing the kids that came from the kids of that generation. Are you not proud of them; all stupid idiots.

6. mary e heller

August 20, 2017 at 1:24 pm

I wish this lady would get some national attention.. Our young folks need to listen to her!! Also Hollyweird really needs to hear her!! We older people know about what she is telling about her life in Germany!! God Bless Her!!

7. Mina Cook

August 20, 2017 at 3:35 pm

Well written..Would be excellent required reading for our youth. I experienced the realities of WWII. I lost two brothers who helped defend America s freedomm.

8. Rosaletta

August 20, 2017 at 3:51 pm

Most of the protestors in VA. were peaceful college students. It was the “religious right” who came with weapons. I enjoyed reading about this wonderful person but the editorializing was not truthful.

9. Donna Blomberg

August 20, 2017 at 5:15 pm

Thank you for sharing your story. I wish we could take back the education system from the federal gov. Some of us have home schooled. Others are sending their children to Christian schools. Hopefully this generation will know more about our history and the people who made our country great!

10. Carol Waugh

August 20, 2017 at 5:53 pm

God Bless you, Inga Mueller

11. Angela Langdon

August 20, 2017 at 6:48 pm

None of these young Idiots will probably not even Read this article. If they do, they have already made up their minds that Trump is Evil, mostly because a College Professor Told them he is and they are sending that message to Other Moronic Idiots..

For All this to be allowed to happen in the Greatest Country in the World, it makes me sick to see this.

Where are the Parents of these kids?
    The Idiots don’t realize that by Stifling OUR Free Speech, that it would soon be taken away from Them too!!

12. Sabrina

August 20, 2017 at 7:01 pm

Welcome.

• lorraine merkel

August 20, 2017 at 7:50 pm

THANK YOU Marion Ingeborg Andrews for your honest and candid opinion of how distorted the mentality is in the minds of many Americans. ABSOLUTELY RIGHT. . . . our education system is NOT teaching the value of the great country that we live in. YOUR experience . . .having survived WWII is worthy of great honor. I agree . . .the accusations about Trump being a HITLER, are ludicrous. He is FAR from any semblance of Hitler . . . astonishing how some people have accepted that vicious “propaganda”. I was married to a German at one time . . . he was SO PROUD to have become a United States Citizen. Even during our travels . . . if there was an American flag along side the road . . . and we were driving . . . we would “salute” that flag. He also knew the ravages of WWII . . . he was a German Jew. The hatefulness and destruction is predicated on ignorance and enjoyment of a very warped media. Trump . . . is the “victim” with such false and cruel accusations.

• Dorothy

August 20, 2017 at 10:55 pm

Thank you for sharing your story. Too bad so many people in our country are so brain washed.
      God bless you for all you went through.

13. Rogelio Escobedo

August 20, 2017 at 7:24 pm

IN MY OPINION: TRUMP IS NOT A LAW AND ORDER PERSON. —THIS IS WHAT IGA DOES NOT UNDERSTAND-THAT TRUMP PROMISED LAW AND ORDER AND-HE HIMSELF FAVORS CHAOS AND DISORDER. —TRUMP TURNS A GROUP AGAINST ANTHER GROUP-THAT IS WHY YOU ARE GOING TO WIND UP WITH SPEECHES IN UNIVERSITIES THAT WILL BE CENSURED. —I DO BELIEVE THAT HISTORY REPEATS ITSELF DISGUISED IN DIFFERENT FACTS AND CIRCUMSTANCE. —YOU DO NOT EXPECT TO SEE TRUMP DRESSED LIKE HITLER-BUT YOU CAN SEE THE SAME PATTERS DICTATORS US TO MANIPULATE AND MAINTAIN CONTROL OF THE MASSES! —SEMPER FI!

14. El Ja Cardin

August 20, 2017 at 7:34 pm

Thank you am so happy that you shared this with us

15. Ana

August 20, 2017 at 10:50 pm

Thank you. You are the kind of American we should all strive to be.

16. Ricardo Mayo

August 20, 2017 at 11:18 pm

It is a reality the conservatives of US are uneducated, that communist, socialist class do not know the roots of their ideology.

Their ideology was developed in the twentieth century of German origin, this pair never worked and Vivian of their wives’ money. Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels are the creators of that perverse ideology that destroyed and enslaved part of Europe.

To them must be added two more characters who loved the doctrine of Marx and Engels one German Adolf Hitler (Führer) creator of Nazism, the other equally criminal Joseph Stalin the Tsar of the Soviet empire. I will not speak of Mao, Lenin, Benito Mussolini (the duce) creator of fascism. Is the same.

These are the heroes of the “LIBERALS” and their communist doctrines have brought the world to its near-destruction. All this ideology came to life in the first half of the twentieth century. Adolf Hitler Maxima leader of the “NATIONAL SOCIALIST PARTY OF GERMANY”, loved Marx and Engels, hated the bourgeoisie under his government was created the people’s car for the German working class, at the end of the second war these cars became famous in all the world.

The character has many coincidence with the “liberals” of US, in addition to the ideology example before reaching the power the Führer created a shock force that were called the black shirts were experts in busting demonstrations made by conservatives and performing violent acts , Bloodthirsty.

Joseph Stalin another killer this can be documented by asking the Poles and other countries including the Russians who lived under the Iron Curtain; Stalin and Hitler had good relations, the Soviet empire supplyed them to the Third Reich Oil and Steel mainly, but at the end two nations a Socialist and another Communist faced to death.

WHEN THE HUMAN DOES NOT HAVE FREEDOM; HE REALIZES THAT FREEDOM IS THE MOST PRECIOUS TREASURE THAT EXISTS FOR HIM!

• Ricardo Mayo

August 21, 2017 at 1:39 am

It’s a reality the US “Liberals” are uneducated, that communist, socialist class you do not know the roots of your ideology.

Their ideology was developed in the twentieth century of Germany origin, this pair never worked and Vivian of their wives’ money. Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels are the creators of that perverse ideology that destroyed and enslaved part of Europe.

The character has many coincidence with the “liberals” of US, in addition to the ideology example before reaching the power the Führer created a shock force that were called the black shirts were experts in busting demonstrations made by conservatives and performing violent acts ,Bloodthirsty.

17. William Garwood

August 20, 2017 at 11:32 pm

Bless and keep you and yours, YOU are an American in every sense of the word.

18. Margaret

August 21, 2017 at 1:15 am

I understand what she is saying, and she is so right. I went through the war too, and lived in an air raid shelter. People don’t understand history, and it’s time they were taught what happened in the world. All you do here now , is march and protest and half of you have no clue what you are protesting. It’s ridiculous. Obviously what you are learning today, is not what we learnt. The press and television channels have to tell a story, and if they can’t get the truth, they invent it.

• A Anderson

August 21, 2017 at 10:52 pm

THANK YOU for your Strength and for being a “true american”

• John King

August 22, 2017 at 2:57 pm

In short, it’s what they call “Fake” news, today !!

19. PRM

August 21, 2017 at 2:13 am

How nice to hear someone appreciates our country to much. The professors and teachers should take notice and especially the Palosi’s, Schumers, etc. Our children should be educated in our history, not doing away with it. Too many teachers are in it for the money, not doing their job. Thank you for sharing your story. I remember when I would visit my grandparents, they were from Italy. How proud they were to become citizens and how hard they tried to learn English. How much pride they had!

20. PamEla

August 21, 2017 at 3:11 am

I was boorn in Heidelberg Germany 1960
    And I am extremely proud to be an American.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA AND
    GOD BLESS PRESIDENT DONALD J.TRUMP.
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR FIGHT; STAY STRONG
    WE SUPPORT YOU 1000%
    ~CNYPG

21. alex jacques

August 21, 2017 at 3:16 am

looks like a re-education of the people is necessary. my father and his 3 brothers were in the 1’st world war. one was killed, 2 were wounded, my brother and sister were in the second world war, he was killed and is buried in Holland. only the ones who went through
    these wars understand. the younger generation needs to learn the facts about wars and destruction.Time to get off Trump’s back and give him the rope he needs to clean things out., If I had his job I would offer my resignation and tell them all to Go to Hell in a breadbasket.

22. Sal belardo

August 21, 2017 at 1:24 pm

By not teaching history, the real history the way things happened our youth gets all the wrong messages! They want free speech but only their free speech! No other views or opinions matter to them! We have raised another generation of Nazis! God help America and Donald Trump!

23. Tired Mom

August 21, 2017 at 3:29 pm

An organization called, “LeaderShape” is going onto college campuses to brainwash the kids. My son was invited to attend a LeaderShape seminar (supposedly it was a big honor to be recommended to go) and he quickly realized the LeaderShape seminar leaders were dividing the kids into victim groups. What started out as a diverse group of kids happy to be at the seminar together to learn quickly became a divided, angry mob. And who was to blame for all the problems of the victim groups? Why, white males, of course! My son was called a Nazi, a slave owner and a rapist. I would like to see a news organization investigate this LeaderShape organization. They are not looking for leaders; they are looking for easily brainwashed followers.

24. Figure It Out

August 21, 2017 at 4:03 pm

As compared to the headline, this article is virtually nothing; three sentences, 28 words comparing Trump to Hitler, sort of. The rest is a nice little article about a nice German immigrant lady born in 1940. I’ve not seen any postings from extreme the left equating Trump to Hitler, but I’m sure it would be over the top. But maybe this one will make you feel better: http://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/donald-trump-and-the-ku-klux-klan-a-history At least that one is from a highly respected media source… That said, go back a few years and here’s a sample of what you might find from the extreme right: http://www.nowtheendbegins.com/pages/obama/obama-and-hitler-similarities.htm http://www.survivalistdaily.com/obama-hitler-similarities/#sthash.Ie1FQBxy.dpbs So, stop your whining. Ignore the silly crap, from the left and from the right. And have a nice day.

25. Becka

August 21, 2017 at 8:30 pm

It’s so sad that it’s 2017 and people are still fighting due to racism. Hate is taught hate is a choice. We are all the same underneath. Flesh,bones, and blood. We have a beating heart that loves,cries, rejoices,etc… why can’t we all except we are all the same and all different in our own unique ways and should be respected as such. It doesn’t matter what religion, color, height, eye color,etc you have. Respect and love one another. Treat everyone the way you would want to be treated and the world will be a better place!

26. A Anderson

August 21, 2017 at 10:55 pm

Thank you for being a true member of the melting pot that makes AMERICA truly great. I’m so glad you’re here.

27. Pingback: Anonymous

28. beth

August 22, 2017 at 5:53 am

May God bless you forotelling the unvarnished truth.I hope that some of our youth are not as brainwashed as they seem to be.

29. Irene

August 22, 2017 at 2:24 pm

The lady in this article can really see what we have done to our country. The education of our children has got to change. If a subject is a little bit uncomfortable, it is eliminated. I have grandchildren in mid to late teens, ask them anything about WORLD WAR II, they cannot answer. Ask them about Hitler’s terror reign, not much known about that. History is skimmed over the unpleasant years. That’s why these thugs ANTIFA do not respect a thing. Nothing learned in school about the horror and death of genocide of Jews in Germany. Now the history of another time, is being erased and will be another mistake in learning a major history lessen. If we do not KNOW, how we got to that place, you will REPEAT IT. The danger now is showing up at the door in the form of NAZI youth, the same as Hitler’s youth. In the process, the problem is being blamed on the wrong leadership, it’s not the one trying to help stop the violence, it’s the past leadership that encouraged it. The past leadership of this country is hiding in the shadows like Hitler did, building silently and slowly, before coming out in full force with his brown shirts youth JUST LIKE ANTIFA YOUTH. NOW WE HAVE A REAL DANGER OF MORE KIDS IN COLLEGES FOLLOWING RADICAL PROFESSORS GROWING EACH DAY. . PROOF, HISTORY LESSONS ELIMINATED, HISTORY LESSONS REPEATING. SOME FOLKS BETTER WAKE UP.

30. Alean

August 22, 2017 at 3:05 pm

Thank you for sharing . They are trying to erase our history so they can push their lies on to the next generation . The white people are the ones that fought & died to get the Black people out of the slavery. While their fellowmen sold them into slavery .White people were put into slavery long before the blacks We have made some wrong choices but we have made a lot more right ones.

31. Rebecca Morris

August 22, 2017 at 5:47 pm

Unfortunately for the rest of us, who do understand/ It is going to take history to repeat to get through to these young people. And then it will be to late. Thank you Marion Ingeborg Andrews, for your courage and inspiration.

32. Eva

August 22, 2017 at 7:44 pm

Blacks were not only people that were in slavery. There were white and children.

• jim dolnack

August 22, 2017 at 8:18 pm

World War two is not even taught in Fla high schools I recently found out.

33. Pingback: You’ve Heard Liberals Compare Trump to Hitler. So We Asked a Woman Who Was Born in Nazi Germany… – News Now Politics

34. Ingeborg Redfield

August 23, 2017 at 5:58 pm

My name is Ingeborg also, and I was born in Germany in 1935! I immigrated (Legally, I might add) in 1956! I agree with everything she said in the article, same feelings of wanting to belong and to perfecting the English language (including the American accent!!) I’m totally proud to be an American, but recently so ashamed of, how people behave, talk and abuse their freedom of speech, as well as their vile and atrocious behavior towards each other, Spewing hatred and lies, disguised as Gospel truth! There seems to be a total absence of respect, especially towards our elected Officials! It brings me to tears of shame and disbelief! The only Hope for change comes from God! May He, in His Mercy and Grace hear our prayer for the Cleansing and Healing of America!! WAKE UP, PEOPLE before it is too late! There soon will come a mighty judgment, when we must give an account for every idle word we’ve said! Who will be able to excuse himself then??

35. Pingback: VIDEO “We’re Not the Taliban…We’re Not Stalin” – Trump is not like Hitler – Antifa Plans Riots | Reclaim Our Republic

36. Philip R. Kaplan

August 24, 2017 at 10:11 pm

No, he is not; however he iid a man with no moral character when not using a TelePrompTer.

I know first hand about anti-semitism as I have not one relative on my dad’s side that survived the Russian Czar or the Holocaust. If he had any moral character he would have immediately released a statement re the Anti-Semitic slurs on Friday night, when the white supremacists had no legal permit to march until 12:00 on Saturday.

Thus far in office he has done nothing. Of course, it’s because he is always the victim. My view now is that he will not last 4 years. Every time going gets tough he is quitter. He caused the old soccer league to fold,had numerous bankruptcies, and has blamed almost everyone in his cabinet for his problems. By the way, during the campaign he unequivocally stated that the Mexicans would pay for wall time after time. Now, he threatens to shut down government unless wall is in budget. Who does that hurt; the poor that are disabled, and those that need their social security check to pay rent. Not you, nor I.
    Republicans, conservatives, moderates, and those towards left are considering using the second condition of Section 5 of Article25 in the Constitution. This comes from a Republican conservative friend of mine that served 14 years in the House.
    We are a country of laws. The other night he hinted at pardoning Joe Arpio. Someone that would have to serve at most 6 months for contempt of Court.
    By the way, where was he on Saturday? He was on his Golf Course in Bedminster, Where he goes every chance he gets. I personally know three members that see him on the course every Saturday and Sunday. He has golfed in his 210 days in office more than Obama did in 8 years.
    I thought a Washington outsider might be good for country. He has been anythig but that. He is a divider, not a United of people. There has not been a scintilla of evidence that he can unite country.

37. Loretta Budny

August 25, 2017 at 1:00 am

Ugly history should be kept! Good history also. As I have said before, learn your history, keep your history. The good, the bad and the ugly. Destroy the bad and the ugly you are bound to repeat it. Don’t let others dictate to you because if you do, the next step will be to rule you! God help our nation! It is being destroyed and our children are going to pay dearly for what is happening today!

38. Dakota

August 30, 2017 at 10:08 am

After a morning of walking town, you and your better half can hit up the Baños Árabes.

39. Janet Moore

September 6, 2017 at 11:22 pm

Thank you Marion for sharing what your life was like before coming to America. I respect and admire you!! A huge hug –

40. Pingback: Under Nazi Rule Woman Contrast Trump & Hitler - Political Fray

41. Nancy

October 29, 2017 at 1:12 am

Inga I so respect you for speaking out. I wish more people in this country would do the same instead of fighting each other and destroying our country from within. I have heard some celeberties predict this years ago, and then move to Africa with their wealth instead of staying here and helping our country. They instigated these things to start. I pray you never see another Germany here like you had to live in there. President Trump is trying very hard to FIX the wrong here, but negative people try to get rid of him.