Egg on their faces … The New York Times is out with a story claiming that a review of President Donald Trump’s tax returns shows that he lost more than $1 billion in the late 1980s and early 1990s. This comes as no surprise to anyone who followed Trump’s career before the presidency. Trump’s financial troubles during those times were widely discussed contemporaneously and during his 2016 campaign.
This “new” story about the losses tries to paint them as something the nation is just finding out about. But that isn’t true. Here’s an October 2016 story from Vanity Fair highlighting an earlier Times Trump tax story discussing his 1995 tax return and a $916 million loss that year.
In other words, the American people knew about all of this before the 2016 election and still elected Donald Trump. Trump has also been very up front, over and over again, about using real estate tax loopholes to significantly cut his tax liability, including during an October 2016 debate.
This is another example of the mainstream media’s nonstop war against the Trump presidency. When Russian collusion didn’t work, when obstruction of justice claims didn’t work, the press turns to rehashing stories from decades ago.
Bravo … “The View” co-host Meghan McCain has been unafraid in recent months to take the fight to her fellow mainstream media and entertainment personalities. On Tuesday, she took it right to late-night talk show host Seth Meyers over his support of Rep. Ilhan Omar despite her anti-Semitic views. Meyers insinuated that McCain had been putting Omar’s life at risk by criticizing her. That’s when McCain quipped, “Are you her publicist?”
Over the short but tense exchange, Meyers continually repeated leftist talking points that downplay Omar’s rampant anti-Semitism. He also tried to paint McCain’s concerns about that anti-Semitism as somehow dangerous to Omar. Meyers specifically pointed to McCain’s comments tying the rise in anti-Semitism from people like Omar to the recent synagogue shooting.
McCain struck back, saying, “I stand by every single thing I’ve said, and if that makes me unpopular in this room, or in front of you, so be it.”
The left has seen a dangerous rise in anti-Semitic language over the past decade worldwide. Leftists then try to paint the right as institutionally anti-Semitic while defending their own anti-Semites, like Omar.
Good on McCain for fighting back against that poisonous notion.
- Flashback: This Chris Farley impression of Newt Gingrich in front of House Republicans in 1995 is pure comedy genius
- ‘Christine Quinn on CNN: “When a woman is pregnant, that is not a human being inside of her”‘ — in same segment, CNN’s Chris Cuomo accuses former Sen. Rick Santorum of ‘lying’ about Gov. Ralph Northam’s infanticide comments
- NBC News bemoans Trump pardoning U.S. soldier, cheered Obama releasing Manning
- MSNBC’s Chris Hayes: GOP are ‘co-conspirators’ in shredding Article I of the Constitution, fears ‘crisis’
- CBS, NBC decry Georgia’s heartbeat law, fear ‘conservative’ SCOTUS
- News outlets from CNN to WaPo to Al Jazeera wrongly blamed Israel for death of Palestinian baby
- Major networks ignore Pennsylvania Rep. Brian Sims’ vile abuse of pro-life protesters
- Entitled Brian Stelter whines in newsletter that WH is now 58 days without an official press briefing