BREAKING: VFW Issues Blistering Response To NFL – It’s Brutal

The Veterans of Foreign Wars and the American Legion have issued a response to the NFL’s tolerance of protests during the national anthem. Over 200 NFL players decided to disrespect the flag, our military, and our country by kneeling during the national anthem this weekend.

A VFW in Strongsville, Ohio, has had enough. The commander of VFW Post 3345, Tim Zvoncheck, made the following statement: “After what happened with the NFL players Sunday we decided to cancel our NFL red zone, and we will not be showing the games at our post. It’s over for us.” The protests came in response to President Trump’s Alabama speech Friday where he said  NFL protesters should be fired.

Posted by VFW Auxiliary Post 3345 on Monday, September 25, 2017

In response to President Trump, a massive number of NFL players knelt during the anthem, or just didn’t  bother to come out at all. The end result is a lot of veterans are not happy with the disrespectful behavior.

This isn’t the first time this VFW announced their disgust with the NFL for bad behavior. Back in August, when the Cleveland Browns knelt during the anthem, the post put up a sign that read, “We like our Browns – we love our flag more. Your games will no longer be shown here. God Bless America!”

VFW posts around the country are fed up with the unpatriotic behavior coming out of the NFL and even some of the fans. They are taking a stand and showing that they will not be ignored.

That Vietnam War veteran Kieth Harman said, “There is a time and place for civil debate, and wearing team jerseys and using sporting events to disrespect our country doesn’t wash with millions of military veterans who have and continue to wear real uniforms on real battlefields around the globe.”

What these players did is being viewed as an attack by veterans everywhere. There is a good reason for this sentiment too.

Standing during the national anthem is supposed to be a time when we all join together. People are supposed to forget their differences and stand together as Americans.

Instead, professional athletes are kneeling and protesting emblems of our freedom, which is only furthering the divide. And while the overwhelming majority of the American people view these acts as disrespectful and meanspirited, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell has made it clear he doesn’t see it that way.

In response to President Trump’s statement Friday, Goodell said: “Divisive comments like these demonstrate an unfortunate lack of respect for the NFL, our great game and all of our players, and a failure to understand the overwhelming force for good our clubs and players represent in our communities.”

As time goes on the wedge is only growing. Instead of standing up as Americans, one and all, these million dollar athletes would rather kneel before the start of the game. The irony here is the fact that these people are millionaires.

If they really wanted to make a stand against racism and hatred, they would use their millions of dollars to ensure that important causes are financed and people are being supported in their efforts to better themselves and their communities. Instead, they are embracing a meaningless action that makes them “feel good.”

In fact, the only sentiment they are emitting is that they have no respect for our country or the hundreds of thousands of people who have given their lives and liberty to gain our freedom.

1. Michael Harris

September 28, 2017 at 8:09 am

Anyone who has a ‘gripe’ against anything can ‘take a knee’. If they do they are WRONG. Simple.

These American players have had so much personal SUCCESS playing their sport in America. Yes, they are so-called ‘blacks’ (mostly); yes the so-called ‘black’ People in America have a ‘gripe’ (although personally I think that it is distorted and over-played).

Find another way NFL. This Behaviour is a DISGUSTING DISRESPECTFUL DISGRACE.

Just saying ….

America has a Great Christian President and VP and a Great “TEAM”; Praise the GOOD Lord JESUS.

Lord Bless, love Michael and Meriel. ❤

Love; Pray (even) for your enemy says JESUS the Christ.

2. katrina turner

September 28, 2017 at 8:09 am

why is the VFW supporting police brutality and injust?

3. Donald Allen

September 28, 2017 at 8:23 am

For these players to kneel for the national anthem that are not disrespecting Trump they are not disrespecting the police they are disrespecting our military and our veterans.

4. Douglas Foster

September 28, 2017 at 10:34 am

i am so happy to see the true american people coming together. it gives me great hope that one day we will be great again and america will really have something for our men and women soldiers when they get back from war. It just hurts my heart to think of you in a foreign land making the ultimate sacrifice for America’s freedom and you have millionaires back home disrespecting you and what you/we stand for. STAND FOR THE FLAG, KNEEL FOR GOD.

5. Myron Huddleston

September 28, 2017 at 11:12 am

An 8 year old boy was beaten to death with a hammer while trying to save his 7 year old sister from being raped … What ? No taking a knee ? Oh wait , you don’t kneel for Black on Black Crime .. No this isn’t about racism against Blacks , This is about Hate for Whites , Hate for America , Hate for who we are . Colin Kaepernick is an Islamic Terrorist and for every time one of these idiot ass clowns takes a knee , it is the same as killing an American soldier .

6. MARGARET ERBEN

September 28, 2017 at 12:12 pm

I AGREE WITH THIS VFW POST AND OTHERS THAT ARE BANNING FOOTBALL TILL WE ALL STAND UNITED UNDER ONE FLAG! MY SON WHO DIED WAS A BRAVE MARINE (THE MIDDLE EAST), BOTH MY FATHER & HUSBAND & FATHER IN LAW (WW11 AND VIETNAM) ALL FOUGHT & WERE WOUNDED DEFENDING OUR FREEDOMS, ALL HAVE PURPLE HEARTS! MY HUSBAND HAS 2 BRONZE STARS MY DAD ONE BRONZE STAR, MY FATHER INLAW A SILVER STAR!ITS AN INSULT TO THEIR MEMORIES THAT THESE OVER PAID PLAYERS DISGRACE OUR FLAG & ITS MEANING! HAVE THEY EVER STOOD AT A GRAVE SITE AND GOT HANDED A FLAG IN THE DECEASED HONOR! I HAVE WAY TO MANY TIMES! THE LAST BEING THE WORST, MY SON! I WILL BOYCOTT ANY COMPANIES WHO CONTINUE TO SUPPORT THE NFL TILL THEY GET OFF THEIR KNEE’S, WITH HAND OVER HEART! THERE IS THE 1ST AMENDMENT OUR BRAVE SERVICEMEN & WOMAN HAVE FOUGHT FOR! BUT WHILE IN UNIFORM, KEEP THE PROTESTS OFF THE PLAYING FIELDS! OBAMA TRIED TO CHANGE THE REDSKINS NAME BUT WAS NOT ATTACKED YET OUR PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP IS DEFENDING OUR FLAG AND ANTHEM AND ALL THE MEN & WOMEN WHO DIED UNDER IT! ITS SO SAD TO SEE WHAT THIS COUNTRY HAS BECOME! I’M WITH THE VFW, WE CANCELED SEASON FOOTBALL AT HOME! I WOULD RATHER SEND THE MONEY TO THE WOUNDED WARRIOR SITE THEN WASTE IT ON THESE MILLIONAIRE INGRATES!

• Frank Yang

September 28, 2017 at 3:13 pm

Go veteran!!! No American flag no NFL!!

7. roger domnie

September 28, 2017 at 12:31 pm

as a four year veteran and many ports of sea, as a son of a wounded father, a brother in viet nam. i support you and your cause. i would expect nothing less. i support our president, and the many who stand behind, him vets or not. i also share your thoughts and views. i no longer want to hear goodell, the owners, players, or others who think they have a point to make. do it at home with a wall, a pillow, or your local gym. give me baseball, college football, etc. i’m sure somewhere there is another flag they can disrespect. just don’t make it mine, my family worked to hard for it, as did others.

8. Clyde Nelson

September 28, 2017 at 12:49 pm

I wholeheartedly agree with Margaret Erben, if not for the Men and Women who have made huge sacrifices to keep this Country free, if not for the sacrifices of life and limb, by the Fathers, Mothers, Sons, and Daughters, of America, there would not be any NFL millionaires to protest, as a veteran of tshe Korean war, I will not support any team which protest the Flag nor will I support any sponsor said team.

9. Gale

September 28, 2017 at 12:53 pm

I agree with Margaret Erben and Roger Domnie. I am a Vietnam veteran and I consider kneeling during the national anthium to be a direct insult toward America and me personally, it is my country you are insulting. All of your excuses (reasons) do not interest me. I have seen your insults. You hate me and you hate my country. That is clear. We are enemies. Don’t offer me any pats on the head.

10. Tammy

September 28, 2017 at 1:00 pm

The 3rd paragraph starts off by saying, “In response to President Trump, players knelt…” What? Players knelt then Trump responded. You wait, this is going to end up being Trumps fault and not the players.

11. Frank Yang

September 28, 2017 at 3:16 pm

Go veteran!!! If there is no American flag, there is No NFL for me, Ever!! Who cares NFL.

12. K EARL GORDON

September 28, 2017 at 3:25 pm

these players are nothing but spoiled brats, like the kid in the school grounds ” we play my way or I take my ball and go home” all those deployed over seas that watch the games how do they feel seeing these spoiled brats insult them while they are fighting for our country, and the coaches and owners that allow this to happen are nothing more than pussies. sorry there are no patriots there. I am ashamed to call them Americans.

13. Pingback: BREAKING: VFW Issues Blistering Response To NFL – It’s Brutal – Conservative Politics

14. Phyllis White

September 28, 2017 at 4:35 pm

Totally agree with the vets!

15. Linda Moker

September 28, 2017 at 8:18 pm

I agree 100%. I will not buy any product that advertises on Pro Football, and I have been boycotting now for several weeks. I cannot sign this petition now as I have already signed it.I don’t want to make it invalid.

16. Jim Moore

October 3, 2017 at 6:20 pm

I am a Vietnam veteran. I will never watch NFL as long as these pukes continue to disrespect our flag and our anthem. To those veterans who say they fought for the right of these pukes to piss on our flag, I say you are confused.