Day After Saints Players Sit For Anthem, Team Gets LAST News It Wanted To Hear

Louisiana Republican state representative Kenny Havard is pushing a bill most Americans should be able to get behind.

He wants his state to stop subsidizing the New Orleans Saints football team after watching 10 players sit during the National Anthem on Sunday.

Anybody have a problem with that?

I’d hope not. After all, we’re talking about taxpayer cash.

“This is a state-funded sporting event–or subsidized sporting event, not fully by the state, but it is, so we have all the right to defund that,” Republican state representative Kenny Havard stated. “I totally agree with their right to protest and I think it just needs to be done somewhere else. They can do it in the streets, they can do it on Sunday mornings… They can do it wherever they want, but not during our national anthem. I think it’s disgraceful.”

According to a 2015 piece in Forbes, Saints owner Tom Benson could potentially make around $400 million via state taxpayer dollars through 2025.

State Republican Rep. Valarie Hodges, a member of the House Appropriations Committee, also asked for the Saints’ state benefits to be looked over by the Legislature’s Senate and House budget committees because of the players’ protest.

Team owner Tom Benson stands to earn nearly $200 million from Louisiana taxpayers due to increased revenue from the Superdome, plus over $140 million in rental payments from property he owns.

That’s not all.

Another $10 million from the state will go to Benson as a bonus for bringing the Super Bowl to the Pelican State.

Also, Benson will get $2.6 million in tax breaks while earning $40 million from private rent payments on another property.

Havard’s bill, if passed, will finally get the NFL to open their eyes when it comes to players disrespecting the flag.

1. Betsy

September 27, 2017 at 6:52 am

Sitting is going too far.

2. Pingback: Day After Saints Players Sit For Anthem, Team Gets LAST News It Wanted To Hear – Conservative Politics

3. Richard Misel Jr

September 27, 2017 at 6:53 am

They should NOT get any tax payer funding.!

4. gary

September 27, 2017 at 7:03 am

It’s about time they got there shit together. Louisiana Rep. Havard get’s an attboy from me.

5. bluewren

September 27, 2017 at 7:05 am

Sounds good to me very good please do it.

6. Janet Wagner

September 27, 2017 at 10:56 am

And they get taxpayer money to make money that embarrasses and disgusts this country when then can take their stupid protest elsewhere??????????? Are you kidding me??? Get the bill passed.

7. Roswell Evans

September 27, 2017 at 12:13 pm

I am retired now, but I could not protest on the clock. Football is their job,they shouldn’t be able to protest on the job. About all the subsidies,all should be taken away.

8. Getback

September 27, 2017 at 2:24 pm

There are new petitions & POLLS, For ALL Veterans & Fans who support;” Our National Anthem ” to literally TURN Their backs & Lin SOLIDARITY on the NFL players as they enter the field. So take note; WE will not STOP turning OUR backs & Locking Arms on NFL players until they can respect OUR Flag; The Men & Women WHO died for those Millionaire cry baby NFL Players Free speech. Do it: Just NOT during our time. TAKE your Platform elsewhere OR see OUR backs as you enter the filed Forever!!!

As of recent viral incidents; We may also decide to include & turn our backs & Lock ARMs in SOLIDARITY on CHEER-LEADERS who follow suit !!!

9. Cindy[REDACTED] (@Bunky7777)

September 27, 2017 at 2:43 pm

Since Donald Trump tool office I have received a big education on just how much taxpayer money gets doled out and to whom. I am shocked at what the Govt. does with what it collects.

10. Nancy merkle

September 27, 2017 at 3:04 pm

Every state needs to do this!!

11. billy miller

September 27, 2017 at 3:15 pm

DISBAND PRO BALL, THESE PEOPLE THAT PLAY, DO NOT DESERVE A DIME, I WILL NEVER EVER WATCH A PRO BALL GAME AGAIN, THERE IDIOTS, WITH AN AVERAGE I Q OF 70 OR BELOW, THESE PRO RETARDS SHOULD GO WORK IN THE MINES. DANGEROUS MINES. FUCK ISLAM & PRO BALL.

12. paulette

September 27, 2017 at 3:20 pm

They all get millions and tax payers are footing bills for them,UM WHATS WRONG WITH THAT PICTURE?

13. john

September 27, 2017 at 3:29 pm

10-4 Thanks for bringing this to light.

14. Sal belardo

September 27, 2017 at 4:33 pm

Why does a multi-millionaire get tax subsidies and there are over 90 million Americans still out of work! Are we going to let this insanity continue? No subsidies for any pro-football owners in any state!

• Linda

September 28, 2017 at 2:59 am

Why should an owner get subsidies and tax brakes on everything and us average hard working taxpayers have to foot the bill. Then we pay out the noise to go to a game , if u buy a hot dog and coke you’ve spent your pay check. I think we’d better taking our taxpayer money and banding together and buying lottery tickets we might all be team owners. Now you don’t think that the owner can’t stop this!!! Well guess what if it was my son he’d see my butt hitting that’s field and he’d stand the rest of the week I can assure you. I tell my kids you embarrass me I embarrass you!! It’s worked because I stuck to my word. Parents take responsibility for your ungrateful kids. Well part of it is they don’t have any parents, I forgot .

15. Stan

September 27, 2017 at 6:57 pm

Why do the Saints get taxpayer money in the first place????

16. Jason Todd

September 28, 2017 at 12:42 am

If they’re going to kneel, defund them! The NFL’s decision to embrace “Social Activism” will infuriate most of America and destroy the league’s ratings http://WarAgainstTheWhiteMale.com/uncategorized/why-social-activism-month-would-wipe-out-the-nfls-fanbase/

17. Yvonne Massey

September 28, 2017 at 1:22 pm

With our tax dollars “WE” build the stadiums, “WE” pay their salaries. “WE” should end their idiocy. I am tired of lining the pockets of ungrateful athletes, celebs and politicians while I struggle to put food on the table. I am done with sports, movies and criminals like the Clinton’s in “OUR” White House. They have let us know that “WE” are not relevant to them.