Joy Behar Tells Legal Immigrant He’d ‘Still Be In Italy’ Because Of Trump – He Makes Her Regret It

Antonio Sabato Jr. dropped some serious immigration truth bombs on “The View” Thursday.

“We had to wait in line and struggle and save a lot of money,” Sabato explained.

The comments came after host Sunny Hostin questioned his support of a wall being built after he explained that he came to the country from Italy at 12 years old speaking no English

“Let me ask you another thing difficult for me to understand,” Hostin said. “We talked about your family having to hide their identity during the Holocaust in Czechoslovakia and you came here at 12 years old from Italy speaking no English and this country embraced you.”

“You call yourself an immigrant, but you’re in favor of the wall being built, being paid for by the American people and keeping other immigrants out of the country much like yourself,” she added.

“The way I see it, I want the American people to be taken care of first,” Sabato, who is running for Congress in California, responded. “I don’t want the American people to take care of everybody else’s problem…”

“But if they felt that way when your family was coming over here you would still be in Italy,” Joy Behar interrupted.

“I came here legally. We had to wait in line and struggle and save a lot of money,” Sabato shared. “There’s people like that waiting in line. So, they deserve their chance. We need to legalize — I mean there has to be reform…but at the same time we need to protect our borders and build.”

“But logically people who are coming in even legally or illegally are flying in, they’re not jumping over a wall,” Behar exclaimed. “It’s a waste of money. Isn’t it? That’s how I see it.”

“We are arresting at the border 1,000 people every single day,” Sabato said. “And there’s probably a lot more coming in. So we can’t allow that to happen and they’re bringing a lot of drugs or whatever. So, we need to protect the American people. That’s all I’m saying.”

“And you think this wall is going to do it,” Behar quipped.

“It’s done it for Israel. Mexico has a got a wall,” Sabato shared. “Why can’t we?”

“It’s a very big, big, big expensive wall we’re talking about and it may not be cost-effective.”

“We spend $100 billion on immigration every year. The wall will cost will probably cost less than $20 billion,” the actor shared. ” So, we will save a lot of money.”

What do you think about this comment below.

1. jimmy zwwer

February 9, 2018 at 6:06 pm

MY MAN !

2. paulette

February 9, 2018 at 6:06 pm

SMART GUY THANKS FOR PUTTING THOS ANTI TRUMP ASSHATS IN THEY’RE PLACE

3. BeatriceStCyr

February 9, 2018 at 6:08 pm

Sabato is spot on.

4. jeanne bailey

February 9, 2018 at 6:13 pm

Amen !!! You tell those anti American socialists

5. Rebecca Nickerson

February 9, 2018 at 6:13 pm

This is controversial. We want to keep the words on the statue of Liberty give me your tired, your poor, your hungry. Who does not want to see people in need helped. But I read an article yesterday on how we think immigrants are families that are in need and there are some. A lot of todays immigrants are violent and belong to gangs and are brutal. The Border patrol and Law enforcement officials are overwhelmed with stories they have been involved in where their brutal. I can not relay it well. I have no beef with any nationality but society as a whole has fallen with younger people being so heartless and violent. I think we need to take stock and curb the flow. I don’t know about a wall. He makes a good point on what illegal immigrants are cost in the billions. I wonder about technogly if that would be effective as opposed to a wall? Take Care and have a good weekend

6. Nick Carter

February 9, 2018 at 6:19 pm

Salute Senor Sabato!

I’m in agreement. I’ve spent twenty years saving my money to get our family into the USA. I don’t want that investments wasted by investing in a bankrupt or crime-riddled country and when I am gone I do not want my grandchildren to have to become a refugee like I was. It’s costing me $ 2 million to get my 32 year old daughter, her fiance and I US residence. That is a life time of work.

I don’t want the Democrats to hand over America to George Soros.

7. LaTxGuy

February 9, 2018 at 6:24 pm

Joy and the View eat cake another time with truth. 95% of the confined immigrants are illegals, 22% of murders in the US are by illegals, 18% of fraud are by illegals, 73% of drug users are by illegals. So what does that cost. My wife is from Thailand and we waited . It was painful but she is now here and we are doing it the legal way. Joy who paid for the southern Mexican wall? US! 150 billion to Iran , billions to other nations that want our destruction. Talk to those who are here legally and one will see that 95% agree with Trump. The others are about how to undermine the nation.

8. Betsy Cox

February 9, 2018 at 6:28 pm

Joy Behar is an idiot thank you for coming the right way and good luck with your life,

9. LaTxGuy

February 9, 2018 at 6:30 pm

Joy clearly has a problem with math. He said over 1000 a day are trying to get here through Mexico. Most are getting here by such means. He said DACA and she says born here. If born here they are protected and DACA is not being born here but accepted by Obama with violation of the law. He had the pen and the phone and stepped over and on the Constitution. Joy does not have a clue and as typical is the ass of the VIEW.

10. john H. Cerullo

February 9, 2018 at 6:33 pm

I agree with reform, just not illegals coming into this country, also those DACA depending on age should only be allowed so many years in this country to become a citizen if not they can go back to where they come from. Do you see the period at the end of the sentence…

11. John

February 9, 2018 at 7:03 pm

He will not be back on the View.

12. Bella M Richards

February 9, 2018 at 7:15 pm

Wow, he’s an immigrant and he get’s it. It’s not about immigrants, it’s about illegal and the entire world has immigration rules, not just the United States and we have to abide by their laws or else suffer the consequences.

13. Vic G.

February 13, 2018 at 1:32 pm

Behar has not done her subject matter research, she is illiterate beside her guest.